PDA

View Full Version : A dance is just a dance...

Gus
4th-September-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
Now there's a thought - is it considered alright to dance to a slow song, dance close, make eye contact, etc, with someone on the dancefloor without it being misinterpreted as meaning you'd be interested in something more, off the dancefloor? Surely a dance is just a dance, isn't it, even if it's a sultry, sexy, slinky number?

This has probably caused more problems than anything I know, especialy since 'Blues' dancing has come in vogue. There are a number of dancers I know who dance as if hot passionate sex will be the obvious next step ... but then finish the dance with a warm smile, then on to the next partner. Its quite interesting to watch the amount of passion that you can put into a dance without neccesairly wishing that passion to be 'shared' with your dance partner afterwards. Such close dancing has led to more rumours of affairs than you would believe (oh ... and in a couple of cases I know its actualy led to affairs .... and I'm NOT refering to the Nantwich carpark this time!)

There's a phrase that says "dancing is the vertical representation of horizontal intention" ... so you can make your own mind up. I remember that at one club it didn't matter how passionately you danced with your partner, but the tell tall sign that they were interested was an extra little squeeze of the hand afterwards.

OK ... Ceroc is a social thing but it would be terrible that if everytime you put everything into a dance, with the body moves, the eye contcat and the passion ... and then that just got taken that you were coming on to your partner. Lets dance ... keep the passion on the dance floor and try to leave the dating came till afterwards? Any other views?

filthycute
4th-September-2002, 10:34 AM
Now there's a thought - is it considered alright to dance to a slow song, dance close, make eye contact, etc, with someone on the dancefloor without it being misinterpreted as meaning you'd be interested in something more, off the dancefloor? Surely a dance is just a dance, isn't it, even if it's a sultry, sexy, slinky number?

I think it's highly acceptable to engage in a little sleaze every so often. :wink: Thats the good thing about dancing. You can go on the floor, dance a sexy wee number, be a little daring, drown in your partners green eyes:what: ......then get rescued from the shallow end and walk off with your partner and have a wee laugh about it :D

I've never been in the situation where a guy has thought of it as anything more. Maybe it just me :really: Actually, now i think of it, is that good thing or a bad thing????? :confused:

:wink:

filthycute x x

Rachel
4th-September-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Gus
at one club it didn't matter how passionately you danced with your partner, but the tell tall sign that they were interested was an extra little squeeze of the hand afterwards.

Oh God!!!! I've noticed recently that I've started doing that hand squeeze thing when I say thanks at the end of a dance - Christ only knows where it came from, or why I started it. It's just an involuntary action and I kick myself whenever I realise I've just done it. Oh dear, must make sure I put a stop to that habit NOW! God only knows what all these people are thinking of me...

Originally posted by filthycute
drown in your partners green eyes:what:

Green eyes ... oh yes!!! That's what really did it for me when I first met my boyfriend. And his dancing may have helped, too! Fraid we're guilty of those Ceroc affairs Gus was talking about. Maybe I - unknowingly - squeezed his hand at the end of a dance that's what made him think (rightly!) that I was interested!

I've never been in the situation where a guy has thought of it as anything more. You sure about that?

Maybe it just me :really: Actually, now i think of it, is that good thing or a bad thing?????

Definitely a good thing if it's the post-60-year-olds who are doing the propositioning! Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that age group ...

John S
4th-September-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Gus

the tell tale sign that they were interested was an extra little squeeze of the hand afterwards.

Surely not, Gus - I think it's almost an involuntary thing that is often done (by men and women alike) at the end of a dance or even during part of the lesson, just to say "thanks for the dance, I enjoyed it". It's Ceroc's goodbye-equivalent of a handshake when you're introduced to someone.

Either that or I've been propositioned more times than Warren Beatty, and although I would love it to be true, even my ego can't believe that!

As for what goes on between the man and woman during the dance, well for a few minutes if the music and chemistry is right, and they want to, they can indulge their fantasies in a safe environment.

Going out to the dancing has always been a prelude to dating, and still can be if you want it to be, but I think the overwhelming majority of men and women who go to Ceroc are there because they enjoy (a) the dancing and (b) the company of members of the opposite sex, and (c) the social side. Anyone (male or female) who is only there for a pick-up is soon spotted and won't last.

Gus
4th-September-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by John S
Anyone (male or female) who is only there for a pick-up is soon spotted and won't last.

Sadly I would have to disagree. There are many 'hunters', especially on the scene, especially on the London circuit. Also, if they are ... what do you do? You can't ban someone for being 'on the pull'! At the end of the day, everyone is an adult and its their responsibility for how they act ... hard for a third party to intervene .... unless they really cross the threshold.

Franck
4th-September-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Gus
You can't ban someone for being 'on the pull'! Well I would not mind trying :reallymad
Saying that, I think John S is right, there are very few people like that at Ceroc (in Scotland at least).
My theory is that if they come to a Ceroc night expecting an easy time, they are quickly disappointed when they realise that they are expected to actually dance!!!
For these people, the effort of actually learning to dance proves too much and they don't come back. Those who do learn, usually find that dancing is much more rewarding than meaningless partner chasing and they turn out ok in the end! :nice:

Franck.

Tiggerbabe
5th-September-2002, 12:45 AM
OK, NOW I GET IT JOHN. HA! HA! :wink: :wink: Squeeze, squeeze.

CJ
5th-September-2002, 01:04 AM
Ooops.

Must admit to being a bit of a hand squeezer. Completely involuntary and always as a sign of genuine affection, which I hope is somewhat diferent to, "How's about it, doll?"

Still, nothing a couple of weeks therapy won't fix.

PS If I do the squeeze thing and it annoys you, then please feel fre to slap me.

Graham
5th-September-2002, 12:09 PM

Either that or I've been propositioned more times than Warren Beatty, and although I would love it to be true, even my ego can't believe that!

I echo John's thoughts here, and I must confess I'm not really sure how much squeezing I myself do, but if I do it and it annoys you please feel free to slap Robert. :wink:

Rachel
5th-September-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
please feel fre to slap me.
That's all very well, but you might enjoy it! (Your avatar certainly seems to be asking for it...)

Bill
7th-September-2002, 10:40 AM
Agre with Gus...............this is getting to be a habit :sick: have to disagree with whatever he says next !

When I found Blues I realsied I had found 'my' dance style :D One of our previous taxi dancers paid me a compliment once by saying I did sleazy moves but not ina sleazy way. Mind you he did think even the comb was sleazy :rolleyes:

But yep, you can get very intimate and lost in the dance but it's for the moment and with the right song and the right partner it's wonderful. And it is only a dance however up close and personal it might be. But given we have several relationships that have developed through the class.....and at least one marriage then one by-product of the dance scene is that people will meet others they like and relationships might form. Which is different from going with the intention of 'getting' someone.

As everyone says, up here there are few 'hunters' and they don't last - thank goodness.

Get down, get close and have fun :grin:

Dancing Veela
9th-September-2002, 05:37 PM
Gus any woman would be able to tell you when a dance is more than just a dance. Men however don't always seem to know the difference. I have had a man take things the wrong way on the dance floor - mind you he was from Brazil!

And of course the other problem is that just because you dance very close to one dancer doesn't mean that all men should assume that I want them to dance that close - it all comes down to who I'm dancing with.

If you are dancing with someone you know really well (and think is very cute) then getting into some hot clinches is just perfect! Dancing with someone you know well, feel safe with but don't fancy at all tends to just be fun and a giggle.

I would never take a hand squeeze as anything more than affection and a 'that was a really nice dance thanks'

Bill - I don't care what that taxi dancer told you in the past you are sleezy on the dance floor :devil: just teasing ....honest....don't report me.....you are very sexy on the dance floor!

Sandy
9th-September-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Gus

OK ... Ceroc is a social thing but it would be terrible that if everytime you put everything into a dance, with the body moves, the eye contcat and the passion ... and then that just got taken that you were coming on to your partner. Lets dance ... keep the passion on the dance floor and try to leave the dating came till afterwards? Any other views?

"Sex in the City" or is it "Sex at Ceroc"?? I think that dancing can be very sensual depending on the music you are dancing to. I think that the lovely thing about going to Ceroc is being given the opportunity to dance to wonderful music with lots of partners, making some very sexy moves and smiling and looking at eyes because you are enjoying yourself. I often squeeze hands and probably say things like "that was a fantastic" and for the moment it was but then I look forward to having another dance with a different partner and probably to a completely different beat. We are having fun while dancing and that's what matters.

I'm sure some relationships will develop but put men and women together anywhere and that can happen and why not. I'm sure on most occasions it would be pretty obvious pretty quick that no further interest or intention is there once the dance is over.

Probably said too much again!

Cheers

Sandy

Lindsay
9th-September-2002, 07:57 PM
Interesting topic.

I was recently sent promotional literature through the post from an organisation similar to Ceroc. They were pushing a forthcoming party night as a way to meet 'hot chicks' and their slogan was 'you won't be single for long'!

Turns out it was full of Rachel's favourite age-group, so I was glad we didn't go. :D

Re. Blues: I have a problem with this style, I find it very sleazy, and in my experience it often pushes the boundaries of acceptable social dancing (for me).

Gus
10th-September-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Lindsay

Re. Blues: I have a problem with this style, I find it very sleazy, and in my experience it often pushes the boundaries of acceptable social dancing (for me).

I was fortunate enough to teach a workshop in New Zealand last year which was titled 'Up Close and Personal', subtitled Sexy dancing without the sleaze. All participants were warned that it was close dancing and recommneded that dancers came in fixed couples ... as it was about half the couples didn't mind rotating ... at first. The workshop took a number of dance elements including Blues ... which at that time was not as common in NZ. For the most part dancers there loved it but I did have a number of complaints subsequently in line with Lydsay's comment. I think there is an element of truth in what she (and the complainers) said.

It is hard to see it as socially acceptable to dance with a complete stranger with your thigh hard against her groin (can I say that here?) ... but the close element is required to give the dance its flow and lead ... aswell as its sensuality. I personaly think that you would not dance Blues with someone who you did not feel anbsolutely comfortable with. For example, there are a number of very good 18 year old dancers at my club ... but I could not see me dancing serious Blues with them as it would be far too intimate and inappropriate.

I think that Blues is far to the right of social dancing ... in that it is for social dancing but not with just anyone ... and to an extent that is contrary to the ideal of Ceroc. Maybe the fact is that Blues and Ceroc are different dances that can be danced at the same venue but to different rules. Having said that, similar could be said about drops/seducers ... though they are less intimate they require an equal (if not greater) amount fo trust and should not be executed with strangers!

I would be very interested in what other Blues dancers think ... Bill?

Bill
10th-September-2002, 11:46 AM
You show off Gus........ when I was teaching in NZ indeed!!!:wink:

Yep have to say that Blues is close and intimate and works with thos partners who you feel very comfortable with. There are three or four women I regularly do Blues with - Fran, Laura, Lisa particularly -because we are very friendly and they have all been to the workshops.

However, as Nigel and Nina point out, the lead in Blues is not from the groin but from the knee and inner thigh so although it can look as if a couple are joined at the groin there could,and should, be some space between them. If it's your partner then you ca get as close as you want :D

But as has been said you can't dance like that with everyone not that you would want to. But if a woman asks me about the style or the moves I would be happy to show her, as I have done a few times in Aberdeen.

What would concern me is new people seeing dancers do Blues and then rush off never to return becuase they're terrified that they would have to do those moves. Most of us know who we can dance with in paricular ways......whether this be Blues, drops, seducers, fast and furious, slow and sexy etc..... It's about knowing and above all respecting your partner, enjoying the moment, being aware of the space around you ---or quite often the lack of it :mad:

ps...........my experience of dancing in NZ left me feeling like an absolute beginner. Women looked at me asif I was some kind of weird being:sad: ..........but I didn learn quite a lot but I think a lot of women still think I'm pretty weird:grin:

ah well.......get that music playing ( whatever the song is !) and let's have fun ;)

Graham
10th-September-2002, 12:54 PM
I think (and I acknowledge assistance from a certain taxi dancer in coming to this view) that the difference between being sexy and sleazy is that dancing in an intimate style is sexy if welcomed by your partner, and sleazy if it's unwelcome. Therefore two men could dance identically with a woman, and she could think one sexy and one sleazy. In fact, the same man could be sexy and sleazy on different occasions (try eating lots of garlic and not washing for a couple of days if you don't believe me!! :wink: )

I think this definition holds true for both men and women, incidentally - it's just that not very many women are going to push into "unwelcome" territory, compared to the other way round, given that men tend to be both bolder and have wider limits on acceptability.

Much of this ties in with what Dancing Vila posted earlier
it all comes down to who I'm dancing with.

The snag is that it's pretty much impossible for most men to tell reliably (should that be infallibly?) whether the intimacy is welcome, so as Bill suggests the only solution is to build up trust first.

PS. I agree with Bill about Gus showing off - in fact as I was just saying to Joaquim Cortez the other day, some dancers are so full of themselves. :wink:

Gus
10th-September-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by bill foreman

However, as Nigel and Nina point out, the lead in Blues is not from the groin but from the knee and inner thigh so although it can look as if a couple are joined at the groin there could,and should, be some space between them.

Think my earlier statement was misleading ... I wasn't trying to say that the lead comes from the groin .. I was realy just trying to pain a picture of how the move can look ... and feel.

Blues can be toned down ... its really more about the music that you dance to rather than the intimacy of the posiitoning ... though there is a lot to that.

We have taught a BLues 1st move onn a Ceroc stage (naughty I know) but it was essentialy modifying the Penguin Walk (one of the dumber ceroc moves) to make it more applicable tolower music and trying to get couples to groove a bit rather than jusrtexecuting move after move. Also, there is a whole element of blues that comes from the open position.

Having said all that ... if the music is hot, and the mutual feeling is hotter ... groing to groin can seem a perfectly acceptable style of dance!!:yum: ... .excuse me, time for another cold shower!

Gus
10th-September-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Graham
PS. I agree with Bill about Gus showing off - in fact as I was just saying to Joaquim Cortez the other day, some dancers are so full of themselves. :wink:

Ahh well ... jealousy will get you ???

In the UK we've been on the recieving end of a host of excellent Aussie and NZ dancers/instructor ... so I thought I'd get across there and see what its all about. By chance last year I was invited to teach a workshop ... one of the most terryfying experinecs of my life.

As I said BLues is pretty new out there so I got away with it. As Bill said, though I doubt his modest claims at failure, the dance style is different out there but still strong areas of similarity. Its a lot more drops and fast moves based but still with a lot of expression. One thing, its never rough ... so the Blues type moves have found a place there.

I'm back there again in a few months for the International event, teaching more 'Up Close and Personal' but the main reason I'm there is that they've got their top guy (their equivalent of Viktor) teaching advanced drops and style points ... hope to be able to "borrow" some of this and bring it back to the UK .... this guys a little good, apparently he's a multiple winner of the Australia Chapionships. If that not intimidating I don't know what is.:sick:

The idea of getting across there isn't ego .. believe me its a very humbling experience to teach a workshop and know at least 20% of the dancers are way better than you are. Its about exchanging ideas (and having a bl**dy good time). If you ever get the chance do go there. I can't speak too highly of the Kiwis, both as dancers and as friendly party animals. If things turn out right, I don't intend coming back!

Dancing Veela
10th-September-2002, 01:36 PM
I do enjoy dancing blues but what we do need to remember (and this is related to Bill's point about putting beginners off Ceroc) is that Ceroc classes and evenings are about Ceroc dancing - not Blues dancing.

If a DJ plays too much Blues (or too slow to Ceroc too) music in a Ceroc evening, it can be very annoying for those people who have come along to dance Ceroc. Maybe at a Ceroc party there is enough time to have some Blues numbers in there - but at a weekday class .......??????

Another aspect (and completely unrelated to my previous points) of course is that it is (usually) the man who decides which sexy moves he's going to do (and please note that most men only want to do these moves with the 'pretty' women) - us women don't get the choice of only doing these moves with the 'hot and sexy men' . Also, as a women, if no men do these sexy moves with you it leaves you feeling very left out/frumpy/ugly :sad: Please be considerate guys - if you are going to be sexy, share it around with all the women :)

Gus - hope you enjoyed that shower!!!!!!!!!

Gus
10th-September-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Dancing Vila
Please be considerate guys - if you are going to be sexy, share it around with all the women :)

Gus - hope you enjoyed that shower!!!!!!!!! Think you need that shower:wink:
Another aspect (and completely unrelated to my previous points) of course is that it is (usually) the man who decides which sexy moves he's going to do (and please note that most men only want to do these moves with the 'pretty' women) - us women don't get the choice of only doing these moves with the 'hot and sexy men' . Also, as a women, if no men do these sexy moves with you it leaves you feeling very left out/frumpy/ugly Sorry, but think I have to take issue with your statement above. Whereas Ceroc ettiquette is to dance with everyone, I don't see that as the case with Blues. By its very nature, the moves and feeling are intimate and only something you would want to share with someone you feel 'comfortable' with. I have no problem with dancing Ceroc with anyone but I only dance Blues with a very few people.

Also ... would you really want a night where guys just decide to do 'sexy' moves with you? It may work for some but I'm sure of some guys who you really wouldn't find it that appealing. Thinking back to the theme ... for CEROC ... a dance is just a dnace ... but Blues is something a bit more ... not a realtionship but not something you just share?

OK ... do I make any kind of sense or have I really lost the plot on this one ... HELP!

Alexis Beuraud
10th-September-2002, 02:19 PM
Please be considerate guys - if you are going to be sexy, share it around with all the women :)

No way ! I only do sexy moves when my partner is looking at me, smiling, obviously enjoying the way I dance. That is not the case of every woman, no wonder if they get nothing from me. At the other hand one do not need to be particularly beautiful to be sexy, to make a dance very pleasant, to suggest your partner to be closer, and eventually .... Oh no ! Don't look at the title of this thread !

Alexis

Dancing Veela
10th-September-2002, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gus
[B]Think you need that shower:wink:

DV: well maybe if you danced the blues with me I would !!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gus Sorry, but think I have to take issue with your statement above. Whereas Ceroc ettiquette is to dance with everyone, I don't see that as the case with Blues. By its very nature, the moves and feeling are intimate and only something you would want to share with someone you feel 'comfortable' with. I have no problem with dancing Ceroc with anyone but I only dance Blues with a very few people.

DV: I agree with you in a lot of ways on this - however even before Blues made it into the Scottish Ceroc scene, some men did sexy moves during Ceroc - so how does Ceroc ettiquette fit into this?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gus Also ... would you really want a night where guys just decide to do 'sexy' moves with you?

DV: Well maybe :-) - no seriously I don't know where I suggested THAT in my reply - I wouldn't like that at all !

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gus It may work for some but I'm sure of some guys who you really wouldn't find it that appealing.
DV: Oh that's so true !!!!

Sorry haven't got the hang of this QUOTE stuff yet!

Graham
10th-September-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Gus Also ... would you really want a night where guys just decide to do 'sexy' moves with you?
DV: Well maybe :-) - no seriously I don't know where I suggested THAT in my reply - I wouldn't like that at all !

It was where you said

if you are going to be sexy, share it around with all the women :)
This implies that if any man is being "sexy" with anyone else you would also want him to be sexy with you! :wink:
:cheers:

Dancing Veela
10th-September-2002, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alexis Beuraud
[B]No way ! I only do sexy moves when my partner is looking at me, smiling, obviously enjoying the way I dance. That is not the case of every woman, no wonder if they get nothing from me. [End quote]

Maybe they don't smile at you because they think you don't want to be dancing with them if you don't do sexy moves with them????:wink:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alexis Beuraud
At the other hand one do not need to be particularly beautiful to be sexy [End Quote]

Now that would be an interesting subject....but not very related to Ceroc....what does make a woman sexy??????? Us women ALL want to know (we do want to know don't we girls??? Filthy Cute back me up here??????)

Dancing Veela
10th-September-2002, 06:20 PM
[/COLOR]
It was where you said

This implies that if any man is being "sexy" with anyone else you would also want him to be sexy with you! :wink:

That's exactly what I meant - not that I want a whole evening of doing nothing but sexy moves

filthycute
10th-September-2002, 06:39 PM
Now that would be an interesting subject....but not very related to Ceroc....what does make a woman sexy??????? Us women ALL want to know (we do want to know don't we girls??? Filthy Cute back me up here??????)

Now what kind of "tone lowering, topic breaking,talker of bo****ks, jumper-inner of threads that i know nothing about" would i be if i didn't give my opinion?? :yum: :wink:

Thats a very good question actually Vila. I think it's only fair that guys should know what makes them sexy in return.

Here's what i think....

Confident well lead moves, hip action (always nice to see a guy givin' it large with some cuban hips) :wink: and a huge smile :D and if he throws in one of those tango kinda twist and sit (??) moves then it's a bonus :yum:

Ok i could have went for the tight trousers,green eyes,manly sweaty looking, slighty muscley, never even noticed if he can dance :what: guys, but people might start to think my mind is warped :rolleyes:

filthycute x x

Gus
10th-September-2002, 07:05 PM
Thats a very good question actually Vila. I think it's only fair that guys should know what makes them sexy in return.

filthycute x x

Seems to bring us back again to the origins of the thread ... if you saw a 'sexy' guy what would you do about it ... lingering look, reluctantly letting go of hand after track, casualy mentioning you live alone in a penthouse flat with a kingsize waterbed, that you have a PhD in massage and used to be a underwear model for Cosmo??? :nice:

OK ... so its never quite happened like that to me ... though we live in hope ... but is there an 'acceptable' way to follow up on your baser instincts or do you just shuffle off and keep all your thoughts/lusts to yourself?

Emma
10th-September-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Gus

... if you saw a 'sexy' guy what would you do about it ...

Assuming this was someone I'd never met before...

Scenario a:
Pluck up the courage to ask him to dance... hopefully have the dance of my dreams...say thankyou very much... wobble back to my friends with a huge grin on my face, and then on to the next dance.

Scenario b:
Pluck up the courage to ask him to dance... get terminally nervous and dance like a dork....say thankyou very much..wobble back to my friends feeling like a twit, and onto the next dance.

Scenario c:
Pluck up the courage to ask him to dance...realise I was dancing with a man wwho fancied himself more than anything else..say thankyou through gritted teeth...wobble back to my friends muttering under my breath, and onto the next dance.

So many possibilities! You can never tell until you dance with 'em if they are really sexy. :grin:

filthycute
10th-September-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Emma

Assuming this was someone I'd never met before...

Scenario a:
Pluck up the courage to ask him to dance... hopefully have the dance of my dreams...say thankyou very much... wobble back to my friends with a huge grin on my face, and then on to the next dance.

Scenario b:
Pluck up the courage to ask him to dance... get terminally nervous and dance like a dork....say thankyou very much..wobble back to my friends feeling like a twit, and onto the next dance.

Mines would probably fall into A & B.....

Scenario X :
Have a bacardi breezer to pluck up the courage to ask him to dance.....have the dance with the man of my dreams....get terminally nervous and dance like a dork. (ie: Loose my balance on every spin, clash heads,step on his toes, manage to make contact with my elbow and his jaw) :what:.....say thank you very much.....wobble back to my friends with tears in my eyes feeling a like a complete and utter twit and sit out the rest of the night incase "Mr.Sexy" notices "that idiot" he was dancing with earlier :sick:

Scenario Y:
Would feel safer going for the.....Hover about until he (hopefully) asks me to dance....avoid eye contact incase he has green eyes and i melt halfway through the dance.....have heart stopping dance (even if he only knows 4 moves) ...say thank you very much....wobble back to my friends with grin and wishful look on my face :grin:

filthycute x x

John S
11th-September-2002, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Gus

.. lingering look, reluctantly letting go of hand after track, casualy mentioning you live alone in a penthouse flat with a kingsize waterbed, that you have a PhD in massage and used to be a underwear model for Cosmo???

Aaahhhh - so THAT was what she meant when she said all that to me. NOW I understand.

And there was me thinking she was just fed up dancing with me, and would rather be home in bed reading a magazine. Oh, well, I'll know next time.:sad:

Bill
11th-September-2002, 10:20 AM
Well FC..........I have bluey/green eyes so does that mean you will do a little swoon if you look into my eyes next time we dance :grin:

Dancing Veela
11th-September-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Gus

Well that all depends on whether he was a good dancer or not....if he was a good dancer I'd probably admire him from afar and hope that he notices what a fantastically sexy dancer I am and wait until he asks me to dance - and then along with all the other women who have commented, make a mess of the dance !!!!

If however he was sexy but not a good dancer - then I would go ask him to dance and be sooooo understanding when he apologises to me - and of course smile at him whilst trying to look into his eyes - which of course are watching his feet!!!

As for green eyes (or blue/green Bill) - it's not down to colour - it's down to how much passion/sparkle you see in them !!!!

Anyway none of the guys have even started attempting to answer my previous question....what makes a woman sexy????

Emma
11th-September-2002, 10:42 AM

Anyway none of the guys have even started attempting to answer my previous question....what makes a woman sexy????

..That's probably because all women are sexy, and they just don't know how to say it!! :grin:

Gus
11th-September-2002, 11:38 AM

I would hazard a gues that "sexy" is a very personal thing and will vary from man to man ... but on the dancerfloor the thing that gets the attemntion are the women who move smoothly to the music, can look into your soul with a tempting smile, use their full body shape to emphasise the moves, can use their hips to mesmerise and managed to find outfits which are tight in all the right places yet leave the imagination rampant in others ... [cold shower time again :sick: ]

There is no body shape that is exclusive ... for me (confession time) the two sexiest women on the circuit are Lydia and Rena (very different figures). :yum:

Of course, to avoid embaressment I have has to exclude all the gorgeous ladies I met in Scotland and my dance partner!:sorry

filthycute
11th-September-2002, 12:40 PM
Well FC..........I have bluey/green eyes so does that mean you will do a little swoon if you look into my eyes next time we dance :grin:

oo-er! i've never noticed this before....
will surely need to don my shades now to avoid falling over :waycool: :wink:

filthycute x x

Bill
11th-September-2002, 04:12 PM
I'm gutted now FC.......you've never noticed before:tears: despite the twinkle and sparkle in them :grin: ..........or is that just the sweat trickling down off my forehead !!!!!!!!!!

As for what makes a sexy woman......:devil: ....what a question to ask. And as for that crawler Gus............Lydia and Rena!! your just keeping in with the top dancers .........:wink:

Any definition will undoubtedly cause a huge rumpus here and at the clubs so I'm not even going to try. I know how to keep in one piece:rolleyes:

But as a broad kind of idea of what makes someone sexy then it's never one factor is it ???? I've met and danced with some wonderful women; some have been very attractive, some have been slim, some have fuller figures, some tall, some small but only a few I could describe as 'sexy'. I'm definitely not going to name those I still know well and consider sexy........but you know who you are ;)

Although it's a cliche it is very much in the eye of the beholder but there' s often something about the way a woman walks or moves, a sparkle in the eye but someone can be very sexy and not necessarily stunningly good looking. And not every wonderful dancer is sexy. And it's also not really about how much or little a woman wears but probably more about the way she wears it :devil:

So....no obvious or easy answer which is maybe just as well :rolleyes:

But of course we could say that every woman we dance with is sexy in her own way ( does that cover me ???;)

CJ
12th-September-2002, 10:15 AM
Biggest single thing:

Self-assuredness without over confidence. Oh, and a SLIGHT air of mystery (but that covers almost every moman I've ever met!!:confused: :wink:

The rest is mere trifling.:wink:

But what would I know?

Sandy
12th-September-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Gus

When he wasn't being rushed off his feet! I would ask him to dance, if the music was right, cos that can make a huge difference, sexy music makes you feel sexy (for me anyway - 'Hero' as an example) and then give it my best attempt at sexy sensual dancing - all the time watching his eyes, if there is a sparkle then that would add to the excitement of the dance, if not, well "that was nice thanks" without a further thought whereas had there been a sparkle you would look forward to the next time you managed to catch him for a dance. Dancing is so exciting but it definitely depends on who you are dancing with - a chemistry thing, not necessarily the best looking but a combination of lots of previously mentioned features.

By the way Gus I noticed on Tuesday night that I squeeze everyone's hand after a dance - what the hell have I done!

Bill - take this as a formal request for some "Blues" moves please.

Cheers
Sandy

filthycute
12th-September-2002, 01:03 PM
Biggest single thing:

Self-assuredness without over confidence. Oh, and a SLIGHT air of mystery (but that covers almost every moman I've ever met!!:confused: :wink:

The rest is mere trifling.:wink:

But what would I know?

Nice one Bob! ....now you've got the momen sussed and out the way now you can concentrate on real women :D

hehe sorry...couldn't resist :yum:

filthycute x x

Bill
12th-September-2002, 02:00 PM
Sandy................ I'll be there on Tuesday so just twinkle those eyes and come and ask and we can do some Blues:devil:

Life can be soooooooooo much fun :grin: Just as well I'm above all the kind of sleazy dancing people have been talking about :innocent:

Sandy
12th-September-2002, 02:06 PM
Sandy................ I'll be there on Tuesday so just twinkle those eyes and come and ask and we can do some Blues:devil:

Life can be soooooooooo much fun :grin: Just as well I'm above all the kind of sleazy dancing people have been talking about :innocent:

Bill - you have a date so keep a spot for me on the dance floor - I have to be quick before some other woman grabs you first!:wink:

Sandy

Dancing Veela
12th-September-2002, 02:53 PM
Well guys thanks for your insights into what makes a woman sexy. And I have to tell you all now that I am incredibly sexy - well you don't know who I am - so it could be true???????!!!!!! And Franck won't give me away I'm sure :wink:

I have to say there aren't many sexy men out there on the dance floors of Scotland but I'll keep an eye out for YOU all at the Championships!!!!:yum:

Franck
12th-September-2002, 03:07 PM
Well guys thanks for your insights into what makes a woman sexy. And I have to tell you all now that I am incredibly sexy - well you don't know who I am - so it could be true???????!!!!!! And Franck won't give me away I'm sure :wink:
I have to say there aren't many sexy men out there on the dance floors of Scotland but I'll keep an eye out for YOU all at the Championships!!!!:yum: Wow, with comments like that you are not going to make many friends :really: :wink: What was your definition of a "sexy" man again??? Maybe you need to travel more, or your sights are set too high :yum:
I wonder what my silence as to your true identity would be worth... Maybe a sexy dance next time I see you ??? :nice:

As someone said earlier in the thread, sexy-ness is very individual and varies from person to person (the eye of the be-holder...).
Saying that, the fact that a woman is sexy is not the most important factor in choosing a dance partner (in fact, I rarely get to choose whom I dance with! :nice: ). Whether I would do "Bluesy" moves with them or not would not depend on how sexy / attractive they are, but on how well I know them, the vibes they send and the general mood / style of the track...

Franck.

Dancing Veela
12th-September-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Wow, with comments like that you are not going to make many friends :really: :wink: What was your definition of a "sexy" man again??? Maybe you need to travel more, or your sights are set too high :yum:
I wonder what my silence as to your true identity would be worth... Maybe a sexy dance next time I see you ??? :nice:

I think it's a lot easier for a woman to be sexy than a man and lets face it the women in Scotland are a lot sexier than the men - ON AVERAGE!!!!!:devil:

As for a sexy dance with you Franck - anytime!!!!!!! It would be MY pleasure :yum:

John S
12th-September-2002, 04:03 PM

..... lets face it the women in Scotland are a lot sexier than the men - ON AVERAGE!!!!!:devil:

Let's face it, DV, if you find the women sexier than the men there's not much hope for us guys, is there????:wink: :devil:

Sandy
12th-September-2002, 04:10 PM

I have to say there aren't many sexy men out there on the dance floors of Scotland but I'll keep an eye out for YOU all at the Championships!!!!:yum:

DV I don't think you could have been to Aberdeen/Dundee as there are quite a few:grin: But of course "one man's meat is another man's poison"!

Hey Franck I hope you'll keep a few of those sexy dances for us gals in Aberdeen:devil:

Sandy

Dancing Veela
12th-September-2002, 04:50 PM
John, unlike men who can't see (or won't admit) that other men are sexy - women can look at other women and see that they are sexy - without necessarily finding them sexy - although ....... oh never mind I'm not going there!!!!!:devil:

And Sandy believe me I HAVE danced in Dundee AND Aberdeen and there aren't that many sexy men there (I can think of 1 or 2 :yum:) although there are some pretty good dancers.

John S
12th-September-2002, 05:10 PM
I think it's fair to say that when setting out for an evening's dancing, most women seem to take more care with their appearance / clothing than most men seem to do.

That's especially true at party nights, when the women tend to put on a bit more glitz and glamour, while some men just think about whether the t-shirt and jeans they wore the night before will do another night.

So I think DV is right, actually, the women make an effort to look good and it pays off - I definitely find them MUCH sexier than the men (having said that, there are a few guys .......)
:what: :what: :really:

Gus
12th-September-2002, 05:39 PM
So following on from the current theme can I expect to see hordes of J Lopez (for the ladies) and Worzel Gummage (for the men) lookalikes at the end of month Edinburgh party ... or will the men fight back and be presnet dressed in close fitting jazz pants, TIGHT lycra shirts and groomed looks?:really:

John S
12th-September-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Gus
will the men fight back and be presnet dressed in close fitting jazz pants, TIGHT lycra shirts and groomed looks?:really:

Absolutely - plus of course the PermaTan, GlitterDust and ExtraSparkling White Teeth. :D

Bill
13th-September-2002, 10:04 AM
Hey Gus..............you talking about my tight lycra top by any chance:confused: :grin:

I even wear a belt with silvery bits on it !!!! :waycool: Doesn't actually make me look sexy.....it would take a mak-over of major proportions for that :tears: but it does keep my trousers up :rolleyes:

ps........ got Adrian to play Jools Holland last night and went down a treat.

Sandy
13th-September-2002, 10:20 AM

And Sandy believe me I HAVE danced in Dundee AND Aberdeen and there aren't that many sexy men there (I can think of 1 or 2 :yum:) although there are some pretty good dancers.

Hi DV. Danced at one of the Aberdeen venues last night so was thinking about what you said:really:

I think there are some very good, sexy dancers out there. Definition of sexy for me comes down to what they do on the dance floor. What they do off the dance floor could be a totally different matter:devil: Initial looks may not be what you would look for in a partner off the dance floor but once they start swinging those hips to some very sexy music - now that's a different story. :wink:

It's all about having fun, dancing Ceroc for 3 hours at a time with guys you feel comfortable with (not necessarily sexy) and some that may even bring out a twinkle in the eye:devil: That does it for me but it's back to personal choice.

I would add that I would be frightened that we only dance with "sexy" people cos that could mean sitting down a lot of the time for some of us!! I know that is not the thread being discussed here but thought I would put it in anyway.

Cheers

Sandy

PS - what are the guys like in your neck of the woods?::)

Gus
13th-September-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Sandy
PS - what are the guys like in your neck of the woods?::) Uhoh ... this sounds worrying, the girlies starting to compare notes on the men.:sick: There was a (wild) rumour about a while ago in the Midlands that the lasses had an un-official list/guide as to desireable men on the dance circuit ..... couldn't happen in bonny Scotland could it?

DavidB
13th-September-2002, 10:44 AM
but once they start swinging those hips to some very sexy music - now that's a different storyIf it was only the hips, I could see your point. But most men seem to swing everything that is remotely connected to their hips - legs, knees, back, chest, beer-bellies :sick:, shoulders, arms and even partners!

Fortunately for us men, we can just stand there and admire the ladies doing a far better job of it.

David

Dancing Veela
13th-September-2002, 11:28 AM

Initial looks may not be what you would look for in a partner off the dance floor but once they start swinging those hips to some very sexy music - now that's a different story. :wink:

I think that's true that a man may not be particularly sexy off the dance floor but once he starts dancing his sexiness rating goes up 10 fold. But most men aren't good enough dancers for that!!!! How many men REALLY swing those hips???? Very few!

I know there are some good male dancers out there but there aren't enough of them to go around - it's very lucky for the men - but not so lucky for us!

Did Bill have on his tight lycra last night Sandy? And did you get that sexy dance with him?

As for having a guide to the best men to dance with in Scotland - we don't need one - we know at a glance who's worth dancing with :wink:

So Gus can we expect a lot of sexiness when you show up in Scotland next?

Gus
13th-September-2002, 01:01 PM
So Gus can we expect a lot of sexiness when you show up in Scotland next? I'm afraid that 'sexiness' isn't really in my repetiore ... I tend to go more for the 'cool mellow' approach ... which hides the fact I can rarely remember what move to do next.:sick:

So I shall be lurking in the shadows in Marcos somewhere next Saturday. However .... as you seen to be a sexy person yourself, any chance of some private lessons????:yum: :wink:

PS WHO ARE YOU?

Dancing Veela
13th-September-2002, 01:12 PM
Gus, cool mellow sounds interesting!!!!!

I'm afraid I won't make it to Marcos next weekend - already got too much on next weekend.

I will however be at the Championships........so I'll see you there for private lessons :devil:

As for who I am - you'll have to wait and see - I'll be wearing a dress or skirt in black or red or pink or green or silver or purple ..and I'll be carrying ....more weight than I should:(

Lou
13th-September-2002, 01:30 PM
Hey DV - I picture you as having long dark hair, about 5'3", and about 28 years old. Bear in mind that I wouldn't even know you even if I knew you (if you know what I mean?! :wink: ), how's my guess?

Dancing Veela
13th-September-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Hey DV - I picture you as having long dark hair, about 5'3", and about 28 years old. Bear in mind that I wouldn't even know you even if I knew you (if you know what I mean?! :wink: ), how's my guess?

Hi Lou - no I don't know what you mean :confused: Unless of course you mean you've missed out on the delights of Scottish Ceroc????

As for your guess - everything is relative - how long is long? How dark is dark? How old is about 28?

My hair isn't short and it isn't blond and it isn't straight (well not often) I'm 5'5" and I'm slightly :what: older than 28 but younger than 40! But of course I do LOOK 28!!!!! :wink:

Lou
13th-September-2002, 03:36 PM
That's exactly what I mean - I've never had the pleasure of dancing up in Scotland. But hopefully will, soonish. :grin:

Bill
13th-September-2002, 04:50 PM
well you may be right about a lack of really sexy men up here.....and maybe even down south but you are right about the effect a great dancer can have on a woman :yum:

I've seen several very good and some superb male dancers around the country and quite a few it would be fair to say ( sorry men :( ) would not necessarily be considered very good looking or very sexy. However.........:devil: when they dance you can see the women just melt and enjoy the experience. They are considered very attractive because they can dance, possibly even considered sexy.

One of the few men I think would turn heads wherever he went would be Viktor :wink: The fact that he can also dance like no-one else and is a genuinely nice guy makes him really stand out. And boy, can he move those hips :grin:

So we men will just have to sit back and admire all you gorgeous and sexy women out there. What a hardship that'll be :innocent:

John S
13th-September-2002, 05:03 PM
OK, so who is this mysterious Dancing Vila, then, and what sort of name is that anyway?

For a bit of fun I ran it through the website at www.anagrams.genius.com, hoping it would reveal her secret - but unless her name is really Linda Caving I can only think she is an Icing Vandal in need of a Valid Caning!

But I just might turn up at the Glasgow party tomorrow night and then I'll easily spot her as she holds up the scores for the men she has just danced with. Scary!:what:

Tiggerbabe
14th-September-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Gus
So I shall be lurking in the shadows in Marcos somewhere next Saturday.I wouldn't do that if I were you Gus - Marcos isn't till the following week - last Saturday of the month!

P.S WHO ARE YOU?
Oh, she'll be easy to spot Gus - the one with the big shovel digging a huge ditch for herself !!!!!! :reallymad :reallymad

Gus
14th-September-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
I wouldn't do that if I were you Gus - Marcos isn't till the following week - last Saturday of the monthAhh ... thats what I meant ... honest.
So ... will competition fever be starting to creep in ..... or will everyone still be trying to work out of the hand squeeze means "thank you for the dance" or "my place or yours"?

Come on ladies, how does a guy know if you ARE interested?:confused:

Tiggerbabe
14th-September-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Come on ladies, how does a guy know if you ARE interested?:confused: Been a long time since I was involved in the "dating game" but I assume the rules are still pretty much the same.

1. You talk to her - if she responds in sentences it means she at least is happy to tolerate your ramblings.

2. You ask her if she would care to have another whirl around the dance floor - is she accepts then she at least is happy to spend another few minutes wrapped in your arms.

3. You accompany her to her seat (or at least the chair where she dumped her gear when she first arrived) - if she is still smiling and not desperately looking around for someone else then she is at least happy with your company.

4. You thank her graciously for the dances, ask if you may have the pleasure of another dance later in the evening and walk away - if she replies in a positive manner and is watching you when you turn around to look then she is at least pleased with your attention.

5. On your return you dance as well as Viktor himself (well a man can dream!- sorry Gus - only joking:D ) leaving her breathless and glowing - well if she's breathless and glowing she is at least pleased with your performance.

6. You ASK where she normally dances - if she tells you then she is at least considering your application.

7. On spending most of the evening with her at her local class you ask if she might like to accompany you for a carbonated beverage afterwards - is she says YES then she's interested.:yum:

Alternatively Gus you could just skip to number 5 and if she won't let go of your hand you've cracked it:wink: :wink:

John S
14th-September-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Come on ladies, how does a guy know if you ARE interested?:confused: Maybe you should start from the premise that she's not?

Then if you think that you're getting a signal other than a red light you can consider getting into gear - but even if the light seems to be green you shouldn't make a move until you're sure it's safe to do so.

Heather
15th-September-2002, 09:14 AM
:wink: Yes and remember to use your mirror, and indicate before moving off, if the road is clear!!!!:wink:
Honestly John!!! Your advice sounds more like a driving lesson!!!! Haven't you learned by now that you must NEVER equate a woman with a machine, especially a car!!! What exactly do you mean by'even if the light SEEMS to be green'? Haven't you heard of playing hard to get?
Some ladies might appear to be uninterested when in actual fact they are. ( We don't want to make things easy for you men).
To be quite honest some women are very astute, and aware when a man is interested in them, ME, I live in oblivion!!!!:innocent: I only found out a couple of months ago that a certain guy, whom I was at school with,and who was fancied by most of the females in my year (and went out with a few!!!!) had all the time fancied me , but was too scared to ask me out!! If only I'd known!!!!!!!!
:sad: My point is this, if you don't ask, you don't get ! If you are so scared you will be knocked back - then you don't deserve her in the first place!! Develop a thick skin and shrug off the knock backs!!!!
What's the worst that can happen ? She'll say NO !!!!
The best - YES! Faint heart never won fair lady !!

Heather

PS. You would never guess that I like people who are straight talking direct and honest !!!:

PPS, Some good advice from Aunty Sheena there, you obviously haven't forgotten much!!!!:wink:

Sandy
15th-September-2002, 01:37 PM
Did Bill have on his tight lycra last night Sandy? And did you get that sexy dance with him?You better believe it!:wink: A very sexy dancer and that was only lesson 1 - hope you are reading this Bill cos come Tuesday I will be looking for lesson 2 - are you up for it???:devil:

Sandy:cheers:

John S
15th-September-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Heather
Honestly John!!! Your advice sounds more like a driving lesson!!!! Haven't you learned by now that you must NEVER equate a woman with a machine, especially a car

PPS, Some good advice from Aunty Sheena there, you obviously haven't forgotten much!!!!:wink: To be honest, I hadn't read Aunty Sheena's excellent response when I wrote mine, and hers was so good I wanted to delete my own but couldn't (see Technical Section of the Forum).

However, I'm not sure that men can always distinguish between women and cars, eg they can both be:
- sleek, sporty models
- people carriers
- comfortable, family models
- old bangers
They can be brand new or second-hand, they benefit from regular servicing, and are often traded in for a newer model.

(Think we've gone off-topic again!!!)

Dancing Veela
16th-September-2002, 10:08 AM
OK, so who is this mysterious Dancing Vila, then, and what sort of name is that anyway?I have a confession to make.............I mis-spelled it :sorry

It should have been Dancing Veela (hands-up if you were at least saying it right????). Does that give you a clue to where it came from?

I'm not sure I want to ever reveal who I am now - I think Sheena has it in for me :sad:

As for Gus' question how does a man know if you are interested? Believe me Gus if I was interested you'd be in no doubt about it!!!! :devil: Why does it have to be up to the man to make the first move?

And a little note to Bill - I was counting you as one of the SEXY guys in Aberdeen - obviously!!!!!!!! Not that you included me in your women you like to do the blues with
:tears

Graham
16th-September-2002, 10:23 AM
However, I'm not sure that men can always distinguish between women and cars, eg they can both be:
- sleek, sporty models
- people carriers
- comfortable, family models
- old bangers
They can be brand new or second-hand, they benefit from regular servicing, and are often traded in for a newer model.

I'm not sure I'm following you there, John - perhaps if you gave some examples of women in the above categories I might get it. :wink: :wink: :wink: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Lou
16th-September-2002, 12:08 PM
Errmmm.... wasn't Veela a character in an epsiode of the original Star Trek series or someone from Harry Potter? :wink:

John S
16th-September-2002, 12:26 PM

I'm not sure I'm following you there, John - perhaps if you gave some examples of women in the above categories I might get it. :wink: :wink: :wink: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I just MIGHT be ok if I named a few of the sports models, although even that could be dangerous, but there is no way at all I am going to name any of the others ..................... because of course I don't know any women at Ceroc to whom those descriptions would apply!! (Note desperate attempt to engage reverse gear!)

william_ceroc
16th-September-2002, 01:04 PM
I guess u Guys and gals are all right
with your views

But one thing
it doesnt matter what the other person thinks
Different if u feel uncomfortable dancing with them
Most of us are here to dance and enjoy ourselfs
A bit of escapism, take our mind of the stress of life

SO If your partner you are dancing with is getting the wrong idea. im sure we are all grown up enough to put them straight,(if and when they come onto you during/after the dance)

The great thing that attracted me to Ceroc was
its not a Cattle Market
Yes some people seem to treat it like that and good luck to them
BUT IM HERE TO DANCE LIKE THE MAJORITY OF THE NICE PEOPLE I MEET

PS bill you do dance like a sleazzzzzzze
suits you Sir
suits you Sir

Steven
16th-September-2002, 01:20 PM
Dancing Veela come from the latest Harry Potter book.

Cheers

Steven

filthycute
16th-September-2002, 02:31 PM
Been a long time since I was involved in the "dating game" but I assume the rules are still pretty much the same.

1. You talk to her - if she responds in sentences it means she at least is happy to tolerate your ramblings.

or she's talking in sentences so you don't get a word in edgeways and she doesn't have to tolerate your ramblings.

2. You ask her if she would care to have another whirl around the dance floor - is she accepts then she at least is happy to spend another few minutes wrapped in your arms.

or she's too polite to refuse

3. You accompany her to her seat (or at least the chair where she dumped her gear when she first arrived) - if she is still smiling and not desperately looking around for someone else then she is at least happy with your company.

or she doesn't mind the fact that you've followed her. At least it stops the local loony pestering her for a dance.

4. You thank her graciously for the dances, ask if you may have the pleasure of another dance later in the evening and walk away - if she replies in a positive manner and is watching you when you turn around to look then she is at least pleased with your attention.

or she's being overly enthusiastic so you'll leave quicker then watches to see where you are based so she can promptly move to the other end of the room.

5. On your return you dance as well as Viktor himself (well a man can dream!- sorry Gus - only joking:D ) leaving her breathless and glowing - well if she's breathless and glowing she is at least pleased with your performance.

does this ever happen????? :yum:

6. You ASK where she normally dances - if she tells you then she is at least considering your application.

but has she told you the real venue she dances at?? hmmm????

7. On spending most of the evening with her at her local class you ask if she might like to accompany you for a carbonated beverage afterwards - is she says YES then she's interested......:yum:

.......in your good looking mate :what:

alternatively Gus you could just skip to number 5 and if she won't let go of your hand you've cracked it:wink: :wink:

but i think i might be an offence to use super glue whilst dancing :yum:

this is not me personally but it's another way of looking at it. Just to confuse those guys who think they have women sussed :wink:

filthycute x x

filthycute
16th-September-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Gus
I'm afraid that 'sexiness' isn't really in my repetiore ...

ok try convincing the ladeez of that whilst donning your orange trousers! :what: :wink:

Originally posted by Heather
Haven't you learned by now that you must NEVER equate a woman with a machine.

unless it's a sex machine???? :yum:

filthycute x x

Gus
16th-September-2002, 03:17 PM

ok try convincing the ladeez of that whilst donning your orange trousers! :what: :wink:
filthycute x x

The (in)famous orange trousers have been commented on many times, usualy with reference to JCB surplus stock, Bob the builder accesories, Tango promotional gear ... but NEVER have they been equated to sexiness .... unless you've told someone about the velcro!!:wink:

filthycute
16th-September-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Gus

The (in)famous orange trousers have been commented on many times, usualy with reference to JCB surplus stock, Bob the builder accesories, Tango promotional gear ... but NEVER have they been equated to sexiness .... unless you've told someone about the velcro!!:wink:

My lips are sealed!!!! :what: :wink:

filthycute x x

Franck
16th-September-2002, 03:22 PM
My lips are sealed!!!! :what: :wink:Not with Velcro I hope ! :really: :what:
The mind boggles... :sick:

Franck.

filthycute
16th-September-2002, 03:33 PM
Not with Velcro I hope ! :really: :what:
The mind boggles... :sick: HEY thats quite enough!!!! the velcro wasn't anywhere near my mouth! :sick: :yum: It was far too low down for me to reach! :rolleyes:

filthycute MAd. x x

Dancing Veela
16th-September-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Steven
Dancing Veela come from the latest Harry Potter book.Steven (and Lou) you are correct - and what about the Veelas was important?????

Gus - ORANGE?????????? I hope you have Latino looks?????

Gus
16th-September-2002, 05:45 PM

Gus - ORANGE?????????? I hope you have Latino looks?????

OK ... please explain .. what has orange and latino got to do with each other??

Dancing Veela
16th-September-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Gus

OK ... please explain .. what has orange and latino got to do with each other??

Well it's just that Latino types could look REALLY good in orange trousers (I can just visualise Ricky Martin in tight shiny orange trousers) - but otherwise.........I'll have to reserve judgement until I see you in them!:devil:

Gus
16th-September-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela

Well it's just that Latino types could look REALLY good in orange trousers (I can just visualise Ricky Martin in tight shiny orange trousers) - but otherwise.........

Ahh ... well unfortunately, despite my mother's Jamaican bloodline, my looks have usualy been more attributed to the 'shaven monkey' look (and some simians have been particulaly angered at this comparisaon).

Hence the organge trousers ... as long as the attention is fixed at waist level and below, I feel free to wander the haunts of the dancing community.

Beware, I've been dared to wear them to Marco's ... if the stakes are raised I may just succumb!

Dancing Veela
16th-September-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Beware, I've been dared to wear them to Marco's ... if the stakes are raised I may just succumb! How high do you want to raise them?????

filthycute
16th-September-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Gus

Beware, I've been dared to wear them to Marco's ... if the stakes are raised I may just succumb!

and spoil the surprise for the competition?? :what:

or does one have something equally as tantalising to wear for that occassion?

filthycute MAd. x x

Tiggerbabe
16th-September-2002, 07:17 PM

I'm not sure I want to ever reveal who I am now - I think Sheena has it in for me :sad:

Not at all girl! Just thought you'd maybe painted yourself into a wee corner.:wink:

Sandy
16th-September-2002, 08:44 PM
well you may be right about a lack of really sexy men up here.....and maybe even down south but you are right about the effect a great dancer can have on a woman :yum:

The fact that he can also dance like no-one else and is a genuinely nice guy makes him really stand out. And boy, can he move those hips :grin:
:yum: :yum:

OK so when is he coming to Aberdeen??? Is there a waiting list?? :yum: :yum:

You are so right about the effect a great dancer can have on a woman (or a woman on a man I presume)

Cheers

Sandy

Dancing Veela
17th-September-2002, 10:22 AM

Not at all girl! Just thought you'd maybe painted yourself into a wee corner.:wink:

Oh goodie - that is a relief - I'm happy again now:nice:

If it makes the men make a bit of an effort on the sexiness front then we'll all benefit :grin:

Last night/this morning - when I was lying awake at 4am for some reason, I was thinking about a new thread - are Ceroc clubs cliquey? But maybe you seniors (does being a senior member make you old Gus??????) have already covered this one in the past??????

Thanks Franck for sorting out my spelling mistake :wink:

filthycute
17th-September-2002, 10:53 AM
(does being a senior member make you old Gus??????) OO-ER!!! Have you been using that touch paper that Gus always seems to have lying around??

Lesson number 1) How to regrettably miss out on the chance to dance with Gus. .....--See comments above :what: :yum:

filthycute MAd. x x

Gus
17th-September-2002, 01:34 PM

Lesson number 1) How to regrettably miss out on the chance to dance with Gus. .....--See comments above :what: :yum:

filthycute MAd. x x Not at all, if this young whippersnapper DV doesn't mind wheeling me onto the dance floor in my bathchair, smoking jacket and slippers I'm sure I could managed to 'bop' to a few Bill Hayley or Glen Miller tracks ... I thinks its very kind of the younger generation to take pity on us old timers.... NOT

Beware ... vengance will be mine:wink: :reallymad

Dancing Veela
17th-September-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Not at all, if this young whippersnapper DV doesn't mind wheeling me onto the dance floor in my bathchair, smoking jacket and slippers I'm sure I could managed to 'bop' to a few Bill Hayley or Glen Miller tracks ... I thinks its very kind of the younger generation to take pity on us old timers.... NOTGus did you read my bit on how 'young' I am???? Too old to be a Ceroc Teacher :wink: oh not getting into that thread!!!! I'll look forward to the smoking jacket - does it go with the orange trousers????? The bathchair could be a bit difficult to dance around though!
Originally posted by Gus
Beware ... vengance will be mine:wink: :reallymad Oh I'm soooooo scared:what:

Franck
17th-September-2002, 01:47 PM
filthycute MAd.I like the letters after you name, I assume they mean you have a Master in Dance?! :nice:
This seems like the perfect abbreviation for most of us... :wink:

Franck MAd. BAd. (Hons)

John S
17th-September-2002, 01:53 PM
Franck MAd. BAd. And Dangerous to Know?

Franck
17th-September-2002, 02:04 PM
And Dangerous to Know? That would put a lot of people in danger :really:
Whoops, there goes another Off-topic thread... :devil:

Franck MAd. BAd. O.T.

Rachel
17th-September-2002, 02:26 PM
Can I join in on this one, as well? It's too good a thread not to want to take part! Hope I'm not too late cos I know the discussion's moving on a bit, but there have been so many good - and extremely funny - posts here, it's sparked a few thoughts off in my own mind.

Anyway, these are a few personal thoughts on sexy dancing etc etc, though I know that many people will have a different opinion. IMO, dancing can be fantastic because anyone with enough ability can look absolutely beautiful/stunning/sexy, no matter - virtually - what their age, size, clothes, or whether or not they may be considered 'conventionally' physically attractive.

Sexiness is far far more than 'a look'. I.e. you can lust over someone because of their physical appearance, but they can only really be sexy if they do certain things, and if certain things click with you - I mean, if they smile in the way that says, 'I'm enjoying being with you', if they look at you as if they're seeing right into your soul and, furthermore, you don't mind them being there, if they hold you and guide you into moves as if you're no longer 2 separate beings but just an extension of one another, like there's some intangible link as if you're the only two people left in the world and this is the only moment that counts ... like you're not really dancing, just moving your bodies perfectly in sync with one another to a rhythm that only the two of you are aware of. And the rest of the world disappears. Or something like that ... That's what I call sexy!

How you get that, I don't know - I don't think it's anything that can be forced or made to happen, it just has to be there. However, I have 2 qualifications - I think you can have a really fantastic dance with someone and find them sexy, even though you might have no designs on them whatsoever off the dancefloor. Also, that kind of dancing is one hell of a bonus, but very rare and is certainly not the point of Ceroc, or not something you should go there to look for. And I would definitely choose friendliness over good looks any time, if I was looking for a dance partner. If someone doesn't look or smile at you throughout the whole of a dance, then it doesn't matter how good looking they are ...

As for Gus' question about how a man would know his dance partner was interested ... well, I think I would have to go the boring/conventional route - I'd prefer nothing to be read into the way I'm dancing but, if I was interested, I think I'd just offer to buy them a drink at the bar and see if I could engage them in conversation.

An aside - Bill, what was it you were saying about dancing sexy moves, but not in a sleazy way? Sounds great! And, if we haven't danced already at Northampton, then I hope we might have a chance to dance in the future, if you're ever down south again.

Oh, and finally - too long a mail, I know - but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone at Glasgow last week. I had a wonderful time at Ceroc there, thought the people were lovely and had many great dances. Loved Franck's dj-ing!, not to mention his dancing. And, Janet, many thanks for all your advice/help and it was great to meet you - I saw you dancing once or twice and you looked fantastic. I really enjoyed being there and very much look forward to being in Glasgow again.
Rachel

filthycute
17th-September-2002, 05:23 PM
OO-ER!!! Have you been using that touch paper that Gus always seems to have lying around??

filthycute MAd. x x

Sometimes this doesn't effect your dance card when you "mistakenly" confuse someones age for that of an older gent.
Franck still dances with me :D

filthycute MAd. x x

Gus
17th-September-2002, 06:06 PM
BRINGING THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK......

The thought occurs .... its not that you have to fancy someone to dance well with them but I do think that there has to be a 'connection' to be able to dance really well ... especially if its a sexy style of dnace you're engaged in. Me and my dance partner split up years ago as a 'couple' but because there is still a connection we can find something in the dance that can make it come alive, for us at least.

By the same token, I've seen my partner dancing with guys at Beach Boogie/Jive Spree etc and can tell when she finds an element of attraction, cause her style changes and the dance becomes more interesting...

Is that not the case with most women? You may not want to seduce the dance partner but just a little 'attraction?' makes the dance come alive?

Dancing Veela
17th-September-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Coward!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

[i]

Is that not the case with most women? You may not want to seduce the dance partner but just a little 'attraction?' makes the dance come alive? [/B]

Absolutely Gus and looking forward to that sexy dance with you :devil:

Gus
17th-September-2002, 06:32 PM

Absolutely Gus and looking forward to that sexy dance with you :devil:

WHAT ... you call me a wrinkly (OK ... I'm paraphrasing) and you think thats how you're going to get a dance with me? Forget it pal ... you've blown it .... I'm sulking:tears: :tears: :tears:

Dancing Veela
17th-September-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Gus

WHAT ... you call me a wrinkly (OK ... I'm paraphrasing) and you think thats how you're going to get a dance with me? Forget it pal ... you've blown it .... I'm sulking:tears: :tears: :tears:

Excuse me - I only asked a question on your age - I did NOT comment on it !!!!!!!!!

Would you like me to wipe those tears for you????? Or else tell me what I can do to persuade you to dance with me - I promise it'll be REALLY good :devil:

Jon
17th-September-2002, 07:12 PM
I agree with Gus in that I think there needs to be a connection between you and your partner on the dance floor. Then no matter what move the two of you do, to the observe you will look fantastic.

Yes the sexy moves are fun when done with a partner who you have that connection with but I think they should be done sparingly and probably only when you feel that you are having an extra special dance, otherwise they will just become part of your normal collection of moves.

Gus
18th-September-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Jon
Yes the sexy moves are fun when done with a partner who you have that connection with but I think they should be done sparingly and probably only when you feel that you are having an extra special dance, otherwise they will just become part of your normal collection of moves. Good point well made .... even Bill, with his blue/green eyes, sexy blues moves and spandex trousers would have a hard job of making 'Loveshack' sexy ...... the moves have to be approprate to the music.

John S
18th-September-2002, 01:59 AM

Sexiness is far far more than 'a look'. I.e. you can lust over someone because of their physical appearance, but they can only really be sexy if they do certain things, and if certain things click with you - I mean, if they smile in the way that says, 'I'm enjoying being with you', if they look at you as if they're seeing right into your soul and, furthermore, you don't mind them being there, if they hold you and guide you into moves as if you're no longer 2 separate beings but just an extension of one another, like there's some intangible link as if you're the only two people left in the world and this is the only moment that counts ... like you're not really dancing, just moving your bodies perfectly in sync with one another to a rhythm that only the two of you are aware of. And the rest of the world disappears. Or something like that ... That's what I call sexy!

Rachel

Wow Rachel, that was brilliant - worth quoting in full just so people read it all again! Eat your heart out, Mills & Boon.

OK, so not many dances are likely to reach that peak and it's not the main purpose of going to a Ceroc class, but when it happens it is certainly memorable and makes the night!

CJ
18th-September-2002, 02:19 AM
BTW, FC

What exactly is a Momen?

Answers on a post card to........

filthycute
18th-September-2002, 02:30 AM
BTW, FC

What exactly is a Momen?

Answers on a post card to........

Well Robert, i'm really not sure. After all, it was you that said it.
A cross between a man and a woman?? oo-er! i've seen a few of those around :sick:

filthycute MAd. x x

Bill
18th-September-2002, 10:51 AM
Agree entirely with both Rachel and Gus....haven't worked out how to get the quotes in............ but I think similar commenst were made on another thread about dancing with someone you 'connect' with.

I've seen Gus and his partner dance and they're terrific ( £20 please Gus!) and as good as a dance can be with most folk when you dance with a partner where there is some form of bond/intimacy/frisson etc... (or whatever you might like to call it) it can be superb:D :sorry

And as Rachel says it doesn't have to be the most fantastic looking person or someone youreally 'fancy' but there's that little something extra which can almost blow you away.

There are several women, including Gus's partner who can make a man feel like he's a fantastic dancer because she's so good. Although this usually happens with dancers you know well there are ocassions when I start dancing with a woman I haven't danced with before and there's an instant 'spark' and you know that this is going to be really good. Difficult to explain it but you can then tell which moves are possible and how 'sexy'/'sleazy' you can be.

And it's not about sex - it's still about fun. We did a move last night on stage in Aberdeen and Lorna (our teacher) and I had to do a double handed comb and sway on the spot for 2 beats....excellent ........and so I played up a bit but it made everyone smile and try it ouit on the floor. Playingh around with the music and the moves - while always respecting your partner - is what dancing is all about:p or it is for me.

william_ceroc
18th-September-2002, 11:24 AM
I Think What bill says is so true, but Not everyone has the same idea when they are dancing with someone
I hav herd guys talk about women they have danced with and may I say I would never repeat or agree with there comments

Not everyone is as Nice as Bill (that will cost u £20)

Maybe im just a prud but I am very old fashiond and think women should be threated like ladies

John S
18th-September-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by william_ceroc
I Think What bill says is so true, but Not everyone has the same idea when they are dancing with someone
I hav herd guys talk about women they have danced with and may I say I would never repeat or agree with there commentsDon't know where you're from, William, and I'm not doubting your honesty.

But I can honestly say that in the 4 years I have been attending Ceroc classes in Edinburgh, Dundee, Rosyth etc, I have NEVER ONCE heard any man say anything untoward or unacceptable about the women in the class. (I dare say some stray thoughts may have crossed their minds from time to time, but none has been voiced in my presence.) I have heard a few pointed remarks from women about other women, though!!!

I just think it's important to put my own experience on record, in case any ladies reading William's comment think that it's typical of the men they dance with.

william_ceroc
18th-September-2002, 05:33 PM
No John your right its not all guys that are like that
That was the point I was trying to make Not everyone thinks the way Bill does and he is to be commended

I didnt mean to make it sound that every guy that went to ceroc had those thoughts
I hav been going for about 4 years and it isnt the usual but it does happen thats all im saying

99.9% of the men you dance with are perfect gents

But I must admit I still think there is certain guys and ladies that go there to meet someone,Which I dont think theres anything wrong with that.
I am there for one thing and one thing only to enjoy a good dance
So next time you get a chance ladies ask me to dance because Im not to bad a dancer(i hope)

William
from???????
Dont dance anywhere reg John

Sandy
18th-September-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Gus

Is that not the case with most women? You may not want to seduce the dance partner but just a little 'attraction?' makes the dance come alive?

You bet!:wink:

When you next back in Aberdeen. we didn't even get to dance, just said hello to you as you were leaving, never mind, next time:grin:

Cheers

Sandy

Jon
18th-September-2002, 06:54 PM
I absolutely agree that a woman should be treated like a lady. And that means at all times. Just because you are in control during the dance and can lead any move you want to doesn't mean that you should. There is a time and place for doing the close moves which is when the music is just right and you can tell your partner would not object.

Gus
18th-September-2002, 11:08 PM

You bet!:wink:

When you next back in Aberdeen. we didn't even get to dance, just said hello to you as you were leaving, never mind, next time:grin:

Cheers

Sandy

Sandy, huge apologies about my bad grace in not dancing with you at Aberdeen.... are you going to Marcos for the party night ... if yes please ensure I grab you for a dance and see if I can generate any type of 'attraction' on the dance floor.....

Tiggerbabe
19th-September-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Gus

please ensure I grab you for a dance and see if I can generate any type of 'attraction' on the dance floor.....

Well if you are wearing these fabulous orange trousers we've all heard so much about I'm sure we'll be unable to resist you - they're not magnetic as well are they?

FC was looking a bit worn out tonight - what did you all do to her in Nantwich - and did she find a fabby doo Englishman to dance in the competition with?:yum: :devil:

Gus
19th-September-2002, 12:32 AM

FC was looking a bit worn out tonight - what did you all do to her in Nantwich - and did she find a fabby doo Englishman to dance in the competition with?:yum: :devil:

Pulled a fast one ..... FC was supposed to be coming just to watch a coaching workshop I was running for my crew, but one of the lasses couldn't make it so FC ended up being part of it! Think I threw her in at the deep end a bit but she did really well ... even if I couldn't get her to dance at less than 200mph!! And she kept of molesting 'Turbo John' to make him dance faster (alledgely).:devil:

Re getting man to dance with ... we're pretty short of guys aswell ... and when I mentioned to a couple of girls that there was a Scottish press gang in town they got very defensive and possesive about 'their' men ... shame you girlies are only interested in us for one thing!:wink:

Having said that I think that if Pistol Pete is kidnapped I know who would be the prime suspect! Has she stopped drooling over hisbody rolls yet?

filthycute
19th-September-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Gus

even if I couldn't get her to dance at less than 200mph!! And she kept of molesting 'Turbo John' to make him dance faster (alledgely).:devil:

I'm quite sure it was joint effort :wink: I liked the way you got that bit in at the workshop though. "I just want to try and get you to dance slower. There's a couple of turbo dancers *Ahem Melanie and John Ahem* " :rolleyes: but i'm sure you weren't looking at anyone in particular :what:

Having said that I think that if Pistol Pete is kidnapped I know who would be the prime suspect! Has she stopped drooling over hisbody rolls yet?

Erm...nope :yum:

if he "mysteriously" dissapears i can assure you he won't be at my house.
Do you honestly think i would take him to the first place you would look? :devil:
He was a great dancer though. You can't blame me for being a tad excitable :wink:

filthycute MAd. x x

Sandy
19th-September-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Gus

Sandy, huge apologies about my bad grace in not dancing with you at Aberdeen.... are you going to Marcos for the party night ... if yes please ensure I grab you for a dance and see if I can generate any type of 'attraction' on the dance floor.....

Oh Gus I can't go to Marcos (is that Edinburgh??) but I will be going to the "Addicts" weekend in Glasgow/Aberdeen. The party on Saturday at the Northern should be great, I wish you could come:wink: Yep you can grab me for a dance anytime and finding out about that "attraction" could be fun:wink:

Cheers

Sandy

John S
19th-September-2002, 10:52 AM

Oh Gus I can't go to Marcos (is that Edinburgh??) but I will be going to the "Addicts" weekend in Glasgow/Aberdeen. The party on Saturday at the Northern should be great, I wish you could come:wink: Yep you can grab me for a dance anytime and finding out about that "attraction" could be fun:wink:

Cheers

Sandy

Poor Sandy - you'll have to make do with me instead this weekend. Try not to be too disappointed.:tears:

But anyway, the Marco's party is the weekend after (28th). Yes, it is in Edinburgh - I won't be there, but if Gus is then I'm sure he'll do his best to make your journey worthwhile!:wink:

Sandy
19th-September-2002, 12:09 PM
Poor Sandy - you'll have to make do with me instead this weekend. Try not to be too disappointed.:tears:I think I can make do with you John! Always a pleasure and looking forward to it
But anyway, the Marco's party is the weekend after (28th). Yes, it is in Edinburgh - I won't be there, but if Gus is then I'm sure he'll do his best to make your journey worthwhile!:wink:Lost out to a dance with Gus AGAIN! In London that weekend :tears:

Have never been to either Glasgow or Edinburgh parties or classes - but going to change that real soon (if I make enough brownie points between then and now!)

See you soon:wink:

Sandy

PS might be a bit knackered after the Saturday workshop but a few drinks and I should be fine!

Sandy
19th-September-2002, 12:10 PM
Thought I had mastered the quote thing but seem to have got it back to front:sick: story of my life!

Cheers

Sandy

John S
19th-September-2002, 02:29 PM
PS might be a bit knackered after the Saturday workshop but a few drinks and I should be fine! Either that or you won't notice! See you on the dance floor (or in the bar?):nice:
Thought I had mastered the quote thing but seem to have got it back to front story of my life!Looked ok to me - don't put yourself down, girl! :cheers:

Franck
20th-September-2002, 01:25 PM
IMO, dancing can be fantastic because anyone with enough ability can look absolutely beautiful/stunning/sexy, no matter - virtually - what their age, size, clothes, or whether or not they may be considered 'conventionally' physically attractive. I completely agree with you on that one, sexy-ness (though I would rather call it a vibe or connection) is nothing to do with appearance etc... All the factors you described contribute but for all we know it could be an olfactive reaction :wink:
I tend to get one or 2 connected dances at most Ceroc nights and it is always great!
As for Gus' question about how a man would know his dance partner was interested ... well, I think I would have to go the boring/conventional route - I'd prefer nothing to be read into the way I'm dancing but, if I was interested, I think I'd just offer to buy them a drink at the bar and see if I could engage them in conversation. I am with you on that one as well, read less rather than too much... I am sure most women (and men) are perfectly capable of making it clear if they want things to go further... :nice: :really:

Franck.

Gus
20th-September-2002, 02:29 PM
I am sure most women (and men) are perfectly capable of making it clear if they want things to go further... :nice: :really: Beg to differ (been reading too much Cosmo) ... a recent girlfirend's "making it clear" was to offer to slap me across the face if I tried anything funny (I'd only enquired if the knot holding her top on was secure)..... that was supposed to be a come on:confused: :confused: :sick: :sick: After such an 'obvious' signal I'm still amazed we ended up dating (eventualy)!

As has been commented on before, the female "No" can mean "No", "Maybe" or "What the hell are you waiting for???" Face it, we're not really supposed to stand a chance are we.

Graham
20th-September-2002, 03:20 PM
I am with you on that one as well, read less rather than too much... I am sure most women (and men) are perfectly capable of making it clear if they want things to go further... :nice: :really:

I'm with Franck on this (and by the way great post from Rachel, as others have already commented).

Originally posted by Gus
Beg to differ (been reading too much Cosmo) ... a recent girlfirend's "making it clear" was to offer to slap me across the face if I tried anything funny (I'd only enquired if the knot holding her top on was secure)..... that was supposed to be a come on:confused: :confused: :sick: :sick: After such an 'obvious' signal I'm still amazed we ended up dating (eventualy)!

As has been commented on before, the female "No" can mean "No", "Maybe" or "What the hell are you waiting for???" Face it, we're not really supposed to stand a chance are we.

A come-on for masochists, presumably? Whilst I can understand that such an exchange could happen in a flirty way (come on, what were you asking about the knot for??) I'm sticking to the position that most people are capable of being a little more open about whether they are "interested", and it's always safer to assume less rather than more. Of course, if you're interested there's nothing to stop you making the first move. If you're not, then I don't see there's any real harm in ignoring any obscure "signals".

Gus
20th-September-2002, 04:15 PM
Ok ... had a lot of fun in this thread ... but when it comes down to it, like most people, I go to Ceroc just to dance ... and so a dance REALLY is just a dance. The flirtation and fun that surrounds the night is great but the 'taking it further' questions should stay off the dance floor ... there is enough emotion, insecurity, imagintaion about without every intense dance being interpreted as anything more ... and thankfully that tends to be the rule.

For the rest of it ... Ceroc is just like any other social club .. liaisions form, couples break up, rumour abounds etc ... all part of the social tapestry of modern life ... as long as it doesn't detract from the dancing long may it continue ....

Sandy
20th-September-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Gus

For the rest of it ... Ceroc is just like any other social club .. liaisions form, couples break up, rumour abounds etc ... all part of the social tapestry of modern life ... as long as it doesn't detract from the dancing long may it continue ....

You summed it up brilliantly Gus

Cheers

Sandy:grin:

Lory
27th-October-2004, 05:32 PM
I dragged this old thread up and I've really enjoyed reading it right from the beggining! I've laughed out loud many times! :worthy:

p.s. I didn't know about the hand squeezing thing! :eek: :what: :blush: God knows what people must think of me, cos I'm a hand squeezing, top of arm squeezing, pat on back and occasional full blown hugger! :yum: :rofl:

MartinHarper
27th-October-2004, 06:55 PM
the Penguin Walk (one of the dumber ceroc moves)

The name is a bit lame... but what's wrong with the move? :(

Tiggerbabe
28th-October-2004, 12:03 AM
The name is a bit lame... but what's wrong with the move? :(
Quite agree Martin :D

Gus
28th-October-2004, 12:29 AM
The name is a bit lame... but what's wrong with the move? :(Because most dancers end up looking like starched penguins! A better, yet similar, move is the traveling three beat basic (or something like that) or the Blues first move ... lot more style.

Bill
28th-October-2004, 09:53 AM
God knows what people must think of me, cos I'm a hand squeezing, top of arm squeezing, pat on back and occasional full blown hugger! :yum: :rofl:

and don't you go changing ..... :grin: :rolleyes: you can give me a full blown hug anytime :flower:

Gadget
28th-October-2004, 11:37 AM
{oops - I read that "don't you go charging" :what: :blush:}

Magic Hans
28th-October-2004, 01:10 PM

I really do not know!!

Being coldly, scientifically logical, :sad: there seems, from my observations, to be some shared 'ingredients'.

Being fun ... and light ... and flirty (to a degree)
Being confident, with real clarity (no vagueness or (false) arrogance)
Something in the eyes - sparkle - gives away a full spirited persona
Genuine authenticity- not bothering too much about what others think, not being afraid to express.
Softness and consideration.

That's my list!!

Although I'll always find it attractive, doesn't mean that I'll necessarily fancy them. However, if available, and similar in beliefs values and dreams .... then I'd fancy them stoopid!! :what:

Ian

Sheepman
28th-October-2004, 01:12 PM
and occasional full blown hugger! :yum: :rofl: I can't imagine anyone objecting to that with you Lory! :hug: Why have you been hiding away from me lately? :wink: :tears:

Greg

MartinHarper
28th-October-2004, 02:32 PM
Being coldly, scientifically logical, ...

... it's your volume divided by the square of the distance between your chin and your feet. There's an optimum value which the scientists involved are keeping under wraps (and who says romance is dead).

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_855953.html?menu=news.quirkies

sassy1
28th-October-2004, 07:36 PM
I dragged this old thread up and I've really enjoyed reading it right from the beggining! I've laughed out loud many times! :worthy:

p.s. I didn't know about the hand squeezing thing! :eek: :what: :blush: God knows what people must think of me, cos I'm a hand squeezing, top of arm squeezing, pat on back and occasional full blown hugger! :yum: :rofl:

not dancing tonight due to having the cold :sick: but have had a good laugh reading this thread - so feeling a wee bit better :rofl:

confession time - I hand squeeze, arm hold, arm squeeze, do hugging, pat on the back and have even squeezed both hands !!! - worse than that.... I smile at folk !!! eek !!!!!!!!!!

is it an affliction ????????????? :rofl:

as for sexy ... to steal a quote - "the eyes are the windows of the soul " :wink: :yum: and if guy smell nice thats a bonus :drool:

sassy1
28th-October-2004, 11:52 PM
not dancing tonight due to having the cold :sick: but have had a good laugh reading this thread - so feeling a wee bit better :rofl:

confession time - I hand squeeze, arm hold, arm squeeze, do hugging, pat on the back and have even squeezed both hands !!! - worse than that.... I smile at folk !!! eek !!!!!!!!!!

is it an affliction ????????????? :rofl:

as for sexy ... to steal a quote - "the eyes are the windows of the soul " :wink: :yum: and if guy smell nice thats a bonus :drool:

forgot to add - a nice bahooky is quite sexy :drool:

Trish
29th-October-2004, 11:17 AM
Agree entirely with both Rachel and Gus....haven't worked out how to get the quotes in............ but I think similar commenst were made on another thread about dancing with someone you 'connect' with.

And as Rachel says it doesn't have to be the most fantastic looking person or someone youreally 'fancy' but there's that little something extra which can almost blow you away.

There are several women, including Gus's partner who can make a man feel like he's a fantastic dancer because she's so good. Although this usually happens with dancers you know well there are ocassions when I start dancing with a woman I haven't danced with before and there's an instant 'spark' and you know that this is going to be really good. Difficult to explain it but you can then tell which moves are possible and how 'sexy'/'sleazy' you can be.

I also agree with all this. I remember dancing at a Tea Dance with a guy I'd never met (and probably haven't seen since). When he asked me to dance I thought, "oh, he's a funny looking bloke, but I'll give it a go", but I walked off that dancefloor thinking "wow!" - don't know quite what he did to me, but it was VERY sexy!!!!

And Rachel - whatever that "it" is, watching the two of you dance, you've got it in bucketloads with Marc"

Lory
29th-October-2004, 11:36 AM
Being fun ... and light ... and flirty (to a degree)
Being confident, with real clarity (no vagueness or (false) arrogance)
Something in the eyes - sparkle - gives away a full spirited persona
Genuine authenticity- not bothering too much about what others think, not being afraid to express.
Softness and consideration.

:yeah: Great list!