PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Party in March

Dave Hancock
10th-March-2004, 09:58 AM
Can anyone confirm when the Aberdeen party is this month as nothing at the front page of web-site. Is it on the Friday or the Saturday and where.

Thanks for any assistance

TheTramp
10th-March-2004, 09:59 AM
It's on the 20th (Saturday). In the Station hotel. (Wherever that is!!)

And it will be a 'blues' night.

Trampy

Dave Hancock
10th-March-2004, 10:08 AM
Thank you, believe Station Hotel is on Guild Street (very central in Aberdeen)

TheTramp
10th-March-2004, 10:12 AM
Well, I guess I'd better find out before the 20th, else it'll be a very quiet night :na:

Trampy

Chicklet
10th-March-2004, 10:31 AM
Don't laugh BUT, is it Station Hotel as in actually part of the Railway Station ????? So if someone arrived by train they wouldn't exactly have too far to go??????????

Dave Hancock
10th-March-2004, 10:43 AM
If memory serves me right and I have been away for a wee while now :tears: but the Station Hotel is indeed straight opposite the train station (which incidentally is on Guild St)

Bill
10th-March-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
If memory serves me right and I have been away for a wee while now :tears: but the Station Hotel is indeed straight opposite the train station (which incidentally is on Guild St)

Yep.......... out of the station doors, turn left alongside the taxi rank, up the stairs and the station is the opposite side of the road.

Wonder why they called it the Station Hotel ??????????? :rolleyes:

Chicklet
10th-March-2004, 12:15 PM
:raspberry:

I just thought I'd check cos there might well have been two stations in a big important :really: city like eberdeen and one might have closed but still have a hotel, or they might have moved the station etc etc etc:D

Dave Hancock
10th-March-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
[BI just thought I'd check cos there might well have been two stations in a big important :really: city like eberdeen [/B]

I believe that eberdeen does have 2 stations, unfortunatly Aberdeen isn't as important a city and thus only has 1. :wink:

Bill
10th-March-2004, 01:36 PM
:raspberry:

I just thought I'd check cos there might well have been two stations in a big important :really: city like eberdeen and one might have closed but still have a hotel, or they might have moved the station etc etc etc:D

Well there is the station at Dyce which is just out of Aberdeen ..well it's kinda still in Aberdeen but..... and the hotel was still there the otehr day. But wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was moved. You know what local councillors are like. Maybe see it pop up near the airport :whistle:

Not a huge dance floor but quite nice inside and should take the normal number who attend the Aberdeen parties. Pity I won't be there.........especially if you're going to wear thattop again Chickie :D :na:

Chicklet
10th-March-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Bill
Well there is the station at Dyce which is just out of Aberdeen ..well it's kinda still in Aberdeen but..... and the hotel was still there the otehr day. But wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was moved. You know what local councillors are like. Maybe see it pop up near the airport :whistle:

Not a huge dance floor but quite nice inside and should take the normal number who attend the Aberdeen parties. Pity I won't be there.........especially if you're going to wear thattop again Chickie :D :na:

:eek: Don't try and confuse me you horror!!! or i'll never get there!
And that wasn't a top, that was a lifestyle decision. But betcha I'm on the vid!!!:rofl::innocent:

Niall
10th-March-2004, 01:56 PM
For God sake (I could have been really rude!!!), forget about the train station...it's a BLUES night...I'm travelling home from Moscow for that...

Steve, I think you know my playlist already...

Now, must go and read up my notes from Andy's workshop last year

PS I haven't figured out adding the smiley faces yet

John S
10th-March-2004, 03:03 PM
.......that wasn't a top, that was a lifestyle decision. But betcha I'm on the vid!!!
Well, that should "push up" the video sales!;)

Bill
10th-March-2004, 04:32 PM
[BAnd that wasn't a top, that was a lifestyle decision. But betcha I'm on the vid!!!:rofl::innocent: [/B]

Well I'm sure some of you will be on the vid..................... :what: :D

TheTramp
10th-March-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Niall
Steve, I think you know my playlist already...Kylie, Ricky Martin, Sophie Ellis-Bextor and the Mavericks??? :devil: :devil:

Actually, no, I think it's probably 'Fire', played 72 times!! :wink:

Trampy

fruitcake
10th-March-2004, 11:32 PM

Why won't you be there Bill, I thought they had put it on specially for you!?!!
Of course I won't be there either, unless I can bribe the Dj to play the music on a different speed-ie fast-180 bpm! Coool!
Terrible shame if I paid for my ticket and then fell asleep to the music-yawn!!
But y'all enjoy, and maybe I'll regret not going and meeting some forumites!!
Of course I could just go along for the chats, at least I wouldnt get sore feet!
Fruitcake

TheTramp
11th-March-2004, 09:04 AM
Tis okie Miss Fruitcake....

I don't think that Scotland is quite ready for 4 hours of non-stop blues yet.....!!

My idea will be to make it a night of swing and blues - starting off with a reasonable mix of fast swing, medium swing, and a little blues mixed in, slowing it down as the evening goes on, with mostly blues for the last hour or so.

I can put some 180bpm tracks on. If you think that you can keep up!!! :devil:

Comments please :flower:

Trampy

Dave Hancock
11th-March-2004, 10:02 AM
Sounds like you're planning the music to be similar to a R66 night??

TheTramp
11th-March-2004, 10:08 AM
Sounds like you're planning the music to be similar to a R66 night?? Sort of I guess. More like the swing & blues room at Camber though.

I think that my set will have probably quite a lot of different music to Dance Demon's, and I don't think I own a single thing that I've heard Dr. Feelgood play :)

But it will probably be quite different to a normal Ceroc night (no Rachel Stevens!!).

Trampy

Niall
11th-March-2004, 12:16 PM
Steve,

Looking forward to it ... already ... Getting the opportunity to dance to classic swing and blues tracks makes for an exciting evening.

By the way, anybody from Aberdeen going to the Scottish Swing Riot in June? We could get Trampy back to do a repeat gig later in the year to assess how far we have all progressed. Oh joy!

Wendy
11th-March-2004, 08:22 PM
...it's a BLUES night...I'm travelling home from Moscow for that... Well in that case, it only seems fair that I should make the journey from Glasgow :wink:

Wxxxx

PS Tried to send you a PM and it wouldn't let me sweet Niall... is that cos you are scared of stalkers or cos you have filled in your profile wrongly... :flower:

fruitcake
11th-March-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

I don't think that Scotland is quite ready for 4 hours of non-stop blues yet.....!!

Trampy Yeah Steve, sounds good, you MIGHT win me round!
Did you play toxic on Tuesday by the way-went home early so I might have missed it-sorry!
By the way , Miss Fruitcake sounds particularly refreshing, I might change my name to that- or Little Miss Fruitcake, cos I need a toilet training stool to reach in to my kitchen shelves!

Praps Toxic might tempt me, be great if some forumites will be there, havent met Dreadful scathe yet!
Fruity.

Bill
12th-March-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by fruitcake
Why won't you be there Bill, I thought they had put it on specially for you!?!!
Fruitcake

Unfortunately it's my next massage weekend ( only 2 left after that) and I have to be in Edinburgh for the whole weekend ( 8.30 - 5.00 Sat and Sun) so can't be there...and miss a Blues night :tears: :tears:

I'll be with you in spirit though..............:whistle: :cheers:

Chicklet
12th-March-2004, 09:53 AM
so does that mean you'll hot foot it down on Fri night for a couple of hours being extra chocolatey at R66 Billy Boy?????:drool:

CJ
12th-March-2004, 12:38 PM
Unfortunately it's my next massage weekend and I have to be in Edinburgh for the whole weekend

Do we know the stag??:wink:

Wendy
12th-March-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Bill Unfortunately it's my next massage weekend.... so can't be there...and miss a Blues night :tears: :tears: I'll be with you in spirit though I have only just recovered from going to Aberdeen a while ago to discover you weren't there... I don't know if I'll be able to get through it this time..... AND it's a BLUES night....:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:... think I need a massage:wink:

I spose all those other fabby men in Aberdeen will make up for it especially if you are still there in spirit..... I'll dance to Wade in the Water and think of you... well depends who I'm dancing with:waycool:

Wxxx

TheTramp
12th-March-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
I spose all those other fabby men in Aberdeen will make up for it especially if you are still there in spirit..... I'll dance to Wade in the Water and think of you... well depends who I'm dancing with:waycool: And if the DJ plays it :D

(I take cheques and cash, no credit cards) :na:

Trampy

Dance Demon
12th-March-2004, 05:00 PM
Sounds like you're planning the music to be similar to a R66 night??

Of course you could just go along to the REAL thing on the Friday night.....:wink: :devil:

Bill
12th-March-2004, 05:20 PM
think I need a massage:wink:

I'll dance to Wade in the Water and think of you... well depends who I'm dancing with:waycool:

Wxxx

you volunteering.........:D ...............and hope you enjoy WITW.....whoever you're dancing with.... lookk forward to a few dances very soon :na: :clap:

TheTramp
13th-March-2004, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Of course you could just go along to the REAL thing on the Friday night.....:wink: :devil: Sorry John....

As I said to Dave when he posted that. I think that it'll be reasonably different to a Route66 night, even though I think that we do have quite a lot of overlapping musical tastes.

It'll be more like what I've been playing at Camber and Bognor weekends (etc.) for the last 3 years :devil:

And I'm hoping to make it down on the Friday night too. Looking forward (as always) to your sets :worthy:

Trampy

Dance Demon
13th-March-2004, 12:34 PM
Sorry John....

Trampy

No Probs Steve........actually it's good that people are being alerted to this style of night, coz if they like it and are looking for a regular night of this kind, then they might start coming along to Route 66 once a month. just sorry that I won't make it up to Aberdeen on the 20th to hear your set :tears: ( though thats just at the moment, it could change by then:grin: ) look forward to seeing you on the 19th though:cheers:

Wendy
13th-March-2004, 01:02 PM
you volunteering.........:D ...............and hope you enjoy WITW.....whoever you're dancing with.... lookk forward to a few dances very soon :na: :clap: :grin: (not big enough!!!)

Wxxx

denise
13th-March-2004, 02:11 PM
Steve,

Looking forward to it ... already ... Getting the opportunity to dance to classic swing and blues tracks makes for an exciting evening.

By the way, anybody from Aberdeen going to the Scottish Swing Riot in June? We could get Trampy back to do a repeat gig later in the year to assess how far we have all progressed. Oh joy!

Hi Niall,

I hope to make it on the 20th and would love to have some swing and blues dances with you! Please oh please!!:clap:

Denise

TheTramp
13th-March-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by denise
Hi Niall,

I hope to make it on the 20th and would love to have some swing and blues dances with you! Please oh please!!:clap:

Denise Can I maybe get one or two please Denise?? :drool: (Why is there no beg emote when you need one :whistle: )

Trampy

denise
14th-March-2004, 04:55 PM
OOOOps, im really sorry Niall and Steve, but i thought the party was in April and not next weekend. I promised my mum id stay in with her for a mother's day weekend so am gutted that i cant have those dances. Really sorry.
Forgive me please:blush: :blush: :flower: :flower:

TheTramp
14th-March-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by denise
OOOOps, im really sorry Niall and Steve, but i thought the party was in April and not next weekend. I promised my mum id stay in with her for a mother's day weekend so am gutted that i cant have those dances. Really sorry.
Forgive me please:blush: :blush: :flower: :flower: Why don't you bring your mum!! :D

Trampy

Niall
15th-March-2004, 07:09 AM
Denise,

Yes, do bring your Mum. Parents attending dance events is now all the rage!!

I'm going to miss the April party as I'm going to a friend's 40th birthday party. Still, not long now until May when I'll be in Dundee for the Monday classes. Perhaps I can get that blues dance then....

TheTramp
20th-March-2004, 09:57 AM
Aberdeen Party tonight.

Not to be missed.

If only to watch Lorna and Lisa teach a blues class together!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Trampy

Lorna
20th-March-2004, 10:06 AM
Yeah,

really looking forward to it.

Lisa and I have planned a really cool and sexy class. :yum:

And with Trampy's music it's gonna be a great night.

I hope you're all planning to be there,

See you all tonight,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

TheTramp
20th-March-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Lorna
Lisa and I have planned a really cool and sexy class. :yum:
See. Told you!!! :drool: :worthy: :drool: :worthy: :drool: :worthy:

Trampy

Tiggerbabe
20th-March-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Lorna

I hope you're all planning to be there,

I am distraught!!!!:tears: :tears: :tears:
My regular babysitter (mother-in-law) is away for a week, my sister is off out and my husband is on-call this weekend sooooo

I can't make it (anyone got a video though :wink: )

Sorry Lorna *hugs*

linda
20th-March-2004, 11:09 AM
I can't make it (anyone got a video though :wink: )
Sheena
Oh no!!!!:tears: :tears: I've finally managed to escape from the cupboard in the house of Smurfs :wink: :wink: I didn't even get to the engaement do:tears: :tears: last weeekend. BUT I'm back now and desperate to dance again:grin: I was hoping to get together with my fellow MAd crew members and hit Aberdeen!!!Are Melanie and James going? Or will it just be Heather and me ? Oh, and just in case you Aberdonians have forgotten who I am....I'll be the 'quiet' one standing next to Heather!:wink:

Linda

:hug:

PS Sorry John (DD) was just too tired last night to make it to Route 66, all those allnighters in the Smurfs' cupboard finally took their toll!!!!

fruitcake
20th-March-2004, 12:15 PM

My idea will be to make it a night of swing and blues - starting off with a reasonable mix of fast swing, medium swing, and a little blues mixed in, slowing it down as the evening goes on, with mostly blues for the last hour or so.

I can put some 180bpm tracks on. If you think that you can keep up!!! :devil:

Trampy
Don't know if you'll get this for tonight Steve but howzabout,
"Now you're suddenly like a stranger, and you're leavin it all behind....blah blah.,
it was the last thing on ma mind", by STEPS!!!!
eh/eh?
x
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

fruitcake
20th-March-2004, 12:17 PM
PS, won't make the class, won't be there til after my work, hope its not gonna be too hard, hope the blokes will know what their doin and teach me when I arrive!!!
I could just stand in the corner and boogie otherwise!

TheTramp
21st-March-2004, 02:28 PM
Great class last night Lisa & Lorna....

Was very interesting to watch. Especially towards the end :drool:

I think that Bill and Roy should be out of a job now. You could do this every Tuesday :beg: :whistle:

Trampy

Kay
21st-March-2004, 04:14 PM
Really enjoyed the class last night and some guys repeated the moves in their freestyle later on.:drool: Thanks guys.:cheers: It was a really good night with great tracks from you Trampy. Will there be another 'blues' night in the future?

fruitcake
21st-March-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Kay
Really enjoyed the class last night and some guys repeated the moves in their freestyle later on.:drool: Thanks guys.:cheers: It was a really good night with great tracks from you Trampy. Will there be another 'blues' night in the future?

Well i was very surprised, I loved the music and loved the dancing- and only one bloke, thrust his groin in to me!
Thanks to Lisa and Lorna for waiting til most folk arrived for the teaching- including me!
Fruitcake

Wendy
21st-March-2004, 08:23 PM
Great class girls !!! And thanks for the lovely warm welcome...

Wonder if a workshop before a party like that would be a good idea in the future ... I felt quite a few of the men were a bit scared of getting close during the class........ or maybe they were just scared of me !!!!! mmmm... that's possible I suppose.... :whistle:

And I just about managed to dance to Wade in the Water without thinking of that BTC bloke... forget his name now... thanks Sherwin !!!!!!!!!!

Had a great night... and some fabulous dances.... you know who you are.... :kiss: and merci beaucoup to my new wee French choom....

Wxxxx

TheTramp
21st-March-2004, 08:36 PM
or maybe they were just scared of me !!!!! mmmm... that's possible I suppose.... :whistle:Very possible!!! Likely even!! :flower:

Trampy

azande
22nd-March-2004, 09:23 AM
Very possible!!! Likely even!! :flower:

Trampy

I can't believe anyone could be scared of Wendy!! :wink:

Gadget
22nd-March-2004, 01:23 PM
Just wanted to add that the moves were definetly :yum: :drool: ... at least they were the way Lorna & Lisa performed them. :worthy:

Theoretical question :whistle::
If you hear/feel your trousers rip at the crotch - is it considered polite continue the dance to end of the track?

Stuart M
22nd-March-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
If you hear/feel your trousers rip at the crotch - is it considered polite continue the dance to end of the track?
I couldn't say - have only ever managed to do it at the end of a record.

'spose it depends - there was a track played at Blackpool where it could be considered as an inspired piece of musical interpretation.

Dave Hancock
22nd-March-2004, 01:38 PM
Would like to add to the sentiments that Saturday was an excellent evening. Nice moves and very good music, think the only disappointing things was the heat/lack of fans and quite a few of the nice Aberdeen dancers missing, although it give me a chance to meet and dance with some of the newer dancers who were all excellent:D

Already looking forward to my next trip back up north.

TheTramp
22nd-March-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
If you hear/feel your trousers rip at the crotch - is it considered polite continue the dance to end of the track? Tough call. Do you draw attention to the fact that you're feeling a draft in places where there shouldn't be a draft? Or do you just continue on, running the risk that everything is falling out, and you're giving everyone watching quite the show.

Trying to have a surreptitious feel for where exactly the rip is, can lead to some strange looks from the lady that you're dancing with too.

Yes, I have been here!! :tears:

Trampy

Lisa
22nd-March-2004, 01:59 PM
It was a fabulous night on Sat. Great to see everyone. See what you missed Franck? That'll teach you to go skiing instead! :kiss:

Thanks for the absolutely brilliant music Steve. I loved it and was pleased we were still standing after "grapefruit diet".

Lorna...I'll blues with you and baby anytime! :hug: Don't panic though girls, we could never replace BTC Bill or Smoothy Roy!

or maybe they were just scared of me !!!!! mmmm... that's possible I suppose.... :whistle:

Wendy... more like....wow :drool: ... oh me god... what do I do now?

Gadget... I feel for you! I had a crotchsplitting trouser experience whilst dancing with Ianmate. It was a case of :blush: eeeeeekkkkk...followed by shuffle shuffle shuffle of the dance floor. :rofl:

Hope to dance with you all soon,

Lisa x

TheTramp
22nd-March-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Lisa
and was pleased we were still standing after "grapefruit diet".
You were???? I'll have to work you harder next time!! :wink:

Trampy

Lorna
22nd-March-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi everyone,

thank you all for being there and making it such a great night.
Great crowd and fabby music!

Lisa and I had a blast doing the class. Only sorry we didn't do the demo facing you - I'm sure it would have been even more entertaining :really:

Mind you with Lisa as my partner it was always going to be glam and sexy. Cheers love!

Well done to everyone who had a go. We saw loads of you 'bluesing' (if that's a word) later on the dancefloor.

I thought that it was a great venue, just a shame about the heat, but nice floor and good size.

Great to see loads up from Dundee and Glasgow. Hope you enjoyed the evening.

Sorry I slipped away early, but still taking it a bit easy, but I got a lot of dances in which were all great. Thank you all. :cheers:

See you all again soon,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x