PDA

View Full Version : Post Comp blues

Bill
9th-March-2004, 02:49 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else already suffering from post comp blues ????? Everyone probably still on a high from a superb weekend but as tends to happen the negative side of my personality is already kicking in telling me :

1. I'll never ever win the Double Trouble title at Blackpool :rolleyes:
2. I'll never get past the first round of the Advanced :sick:
3. The Scots can never do as well as they did on Saturday
4. I'll never see a better exhibition of freestyle dancing than J & M in the final ( certainly at Intermediate level)
5. The atmosphere just can't get any better
6. I'll never feel prouder to be Scottish
7. I'll never enjoy a chip buttie as much standing in a doorway with Fran freezing as teenagers walk past wearing virtually nothing :sick: :eek:
8. A competition can never be so much fun ...............................

It's a hell of an act to follow for next year and no doubt come next January and February we will all be a buzz asking who is competing, what are we wearing, who's in the 'wrong' level etc etc........... in the meantime I suppose there's London to consider :whistle: :cheers:

TonyC2D
9th-March-2004, 03:13 PM
Bill believe me your not the only one who has post comp blues, we now have a big void in our lives too.....ahhh well best get on with working for a living, going out to enjoy ourselves (not had the chance for a while), wrapping up 2004 comp, planning 2005, oh and most important......planning our wedding.

Bill
9th-March-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by TonyC2D
planning 2005, oh and most important......planning our wedding.

when are the 2005 leaflets going to be ready ????????? :D :na:

Congratulations and all the best for the wedding. You all certainly deserve a long wll earned rest. Enjoy the rest of the year and hope your day goes welll.................:cheers: :clap:

Jive Brummie
9th-March-2004, 06:36 PM
Bill, you're not the only one. After the comp Melanie and I had yesterday off work to 'chill'......aye right...do washing more like. And today we're back at work.........how pants is that.

Must admit though...and don't go telling those English...but when the pipes started playing even I felt proud to be in the Scottish contingent and I'm not even jockanese............must have celtic blood in me somewhere.

James.........:cheers:

...........is it march '05 yet??

Mary
9th-March-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Jive Brummie

...........is it march '05 yet??

Where you will have to move up to advanced and join the rest of us poor mortals trying to strut our feeble stuff against those dance gods and goddesses :devil: :devil: Unless.............a new category perhaps??:wink:

Glad I wasn't in intermediate this year.:wink: :worthy:

M

ChrisA
9th-March-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Mary
Where you will have to move up to advanced
Well, they might not have to.

Depends on what the rules say... :devil: :wink:

Chris, almost over post-comp blues and expecting to be raring to go again pretty soon... :clap:

Daisy
9th-March-2004, 10:29 PM
Bill believe me your not the only one who has post comp blues, we now have a big void in our lives too.....ahhh well best get on with working for a living, going out to enjoy ourselves (not had the chance for a while), wrapping up 2004 comp, planning 2005, oh and most important......planning our wedding.

A WEDDING!! fantastic!:nice: :kiss:

Well done you guys for organising a fantastic comp. As usual you gave your all and provided us with a really great week-end. Love to you all and a huge thankyou from Ray & I.

LOL Jane xxx:flower: :clap:

David Franklin
9th-March-2004, 10:52 PM
ahhh well best get on with working for a living, going out to enjoy ourselves (not had the chance for a while), wrapping up 2004 comp, planning 2005, oh and most important......planning our wedding. Congratulations from me and Bryony - we still remember your announcing us and our wedding plans in 2003! All the luck in the world for your big day...

Dave

Emma
9th-March-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Jive Brummie
Must admit though...and don't go telling those English...but when the pipes started playing even I felt proud to be in the Scottish contingent and I'm not even jockanese............ Ha ha...me too... a fantastic feeling :nice:

Bill
10th-March-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Emma
Ha ha...me too... a fantastic feeling :nice:

A woderful moment.........and hope it's been captured for the DVD !!:na:

Andy McGregor
10th-March-2004, 12:43 PM

Is this bad grammar or is Tony really planning to marry Bill?

It's all coming together now. No wonder Bill doesn't need his red stilettoes any more:devil:

Minnie M
10th-March-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor

It's all coming together now. No wonder Bill doesn't need his red stilettoes any more:devil:

You just want an excuse to wear your cute pink number again - you need to buy a matching hat now:rofl:

Bill
10th-March-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor

Damn...........and we were going to keep it quiet until the last minute .........:rolleyes: .........just make sure all the presents are sent to Aberdeen :na: :whistle:

Niall
10th-March-2004, 02:05 PM
Don't worry Bill,

It's a BLUES party in Aberdeen in less than 2 weeks...now there is something to look forward to...

Bill
10th-March-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Niall
Don't worry Bill,

It's a BLUES party in Aberdeen in less than 2 weeks...now there is something to look forward to...

which I can't attend as I'll be in Edinburgh massaging !!!:rolleyes: :na: :D

Chris
11th-March-2004, 02:46 PM
I guess quite a lot of people will have experienced post competition blues - far more people who don't win that do win, but even if you win the contrast when you get home can be a shock to the system!

Here's my own ideas fwiw

1. Jive Competitions do not measure your jive/dancing ability - they measure your ability (and luck) to do well in Jive Competitions.

2. Hold on to the personal memories - the memory of a few special moments with a loved one or good friends will last a lot longer than the memory of not getting through to the next round or coming back home blues after getting high on the competition weekend. The brain tends to be very selective if you let it - good memories linger longer, bad memories burn themselves out. :D

3. Your first competition or dance weekender is a big deal - like kids in a chocolate factory, we can't squeeze in enough workshops or freestyle with millions of dancers. But after a few they mostly just blur. I only remember one or two workshops out of zillions, and I have to check my past diaries to remember which things I competed in and which years I skipped. But special moments (or special dances) can last forever.

:flower: