PDA

View Full Version : Forum Roll of Honour

Lounge Lizard
8th-March-2004, 10:35 AM
A thread dedicated to forum members at Blackpool, not just the winners but everyone that gave their all.

Top of my list is Minnie M and ChrisA, their first ever competition
fantastic guys
I was proud of Steve & Jo [Gothic sacrifice routine] we put the final mix of music together last Thursday.

LilyB and Viktor you were great - as ever the masters of dance moves and style - Lilly HOW did you wrap your legs around Viktors head like that - fantastic.
well done to all
peter

TheTramp
8th-March-2004, 10:56 AM
Well done to David & Bryony Franklin for their 2nd place in the Airsteps competition, and Bryony again for 1st place in the DWAS. One of only 2 people (I think) who got to walk up the stairs twice!!

Well done to DavidB, who I'm prepared to swear (under oath), I actually saw move, once, in the advanced. Dont't worry though David, it wasn't very far.

Trampy

David Franklin
8th-March-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Well done to David & Bryony Franklin for their 2nd place in the Airsteps competition, and Bryony again for 1st place in the DWAS. One of only 2 people (I think) who got to walk up the stairs twice!!Thanks Steve, and everyone else - the crowd was amazing (and the Scotland contingent even more so!). Very proud of my better half right now...

Well done to DavidB, who I'm prepared to swear (under oath), I actually saw move, once, in the advanced. Dont't worry though David, it wasn't very far.Not only that, but I think I saw some body ripples...

Was also impressed by Will and Kate's spotlight after a difficult couple of weeks for them, and just filled with envy at what Viktor and Lily put together in such a short space of time. Spotlight standard in general was staggeringly high I thought.

Not meaning to take anything away from Viktor, Lily, Clayton and Janine, but was tremendously impressed by Steve + Hayley's performance in the advanced. It was a joy to watch a couple looking so relaxed and having fun out there - don't know how you did it. [And if you were secretly terrified, don't tell me - I want to maintain the illusion]

And as Keith has posted on here, I guess the C2D team qualify for the roll of honour too. The crew were all 'fantastic' - and the entrance with the Wurlitzer was, um, unforgettable.

I don't want to be negative, but I think one bit of 'naming and shaming' needs to be done. A big thumbs down to Andy McGregor's hair piece, for attempting to take out his dance partner in the opening round :rofl:

Cheers to all,
:cheers:
Dave

Andy McGregor
8th-March-2004, 11:40 AM
I would like to nominate the whole of Scotland for the Roll of Honour.

They are all really great people individually and they come together with a fantastic team spirit which is truly inspirational.

Can I join?

Bill
8th-March-2004, 12:04 PM
All those already mentioned and especially to Lynsey, Karen and Yvonne from Aberdeen who did so well in their first ever double trouble comp. And to Denise and David who were a joy to watch :D

Some wonderful routines and dancing and a fantastic day. :na: :clap:

Simon r
8th-March-2004, 02:30 PM
well done trampy you deserved your place and i am glad to have been at the side to watch with so little practice it showed just what a good lead you are...:D
also huge smiles to jive brumie fab dancing and well deserved:cheers:

Dave Hancock
8th-March-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Well done to David & Bryony Franklin for their 2nd place in the Airsteps competition, and Bryony again for 1st place in the DWAS. One of only 2 people (I think) who got to walk up the stairs twice!!

:confused:

John & Hazel

TheTramp
8th-March-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
:confused:

John & Hazel Ah yes. Sorry. Deepest apologies. I forgot about the team events.

Trampy

Tiggerbabe
8th-March-2004, 08:38 PM
To Emma for wearing that tartan skirt in the intermediate - I'm so proud of you babe :flower:

To Max and Harry for bringing their bagpipes with them - it was wonderful, well done guys and next year we need some drummers too :kiss:

I had so many fabulous dances over the weekend but special mentions to two people I only met for the first time - Paul F and Chris A - :drool:
Oh and also to the smurf - what a fab dance!!!!
I'm stopping now, just no room for all of the wonderful dances :tears:

To Dave, my partner in the DWAS - thanks, we had such fun, it was great.

To Sherwin, for managing to remember to turn the lights "on and off" for the cabaret - well done, you worked very well considering the pressure you were under :wink: :blush:

To Melanie and James (yeah, again!) for making me so proud and managing to make me cry when I was soooooo happy. *sheesh*

To Alex, firstly for stepping in at the last minute so that Angie had a partner for the intermediate when John couldn't make it and secondly for putting up with me again in the cabaret :kiss:

To the lady - I think she was in the seniors, with the really funky trousers on - who wanted my Scottish Bunting to take home with her - good on ya! Enjoy!!!!!!

To everyone who came down with us, just for the sheer fun of it all - especially Sandy and the girls from Aberdeen, Yvonne and Barbara from Dundee and Fiona from Perth - glad you enjoyed it.

And to Michelle from Aberdeen for lending me those wonderful, sparkly shorts - :hug:
The sox are mine by the way :wink: