PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fran
7th-March-2004, 05:14 PM
Wow!

denise and I have just got back and logged on but cant find a thread on it.....

so incase we are missing the obvious we would like to say we had a Fabby time - thankyou Chance 2 Dance for all your hard work!

massive congratulations to everyone you all deserved it big time.

If yuo could get higher than first you would have got it ... You were robbed!!!! he he :nice: :kiss:
Denise has got her teacher head on and is suggesting some suitable descriptive adjectives to describe the event..
"magnficent", sensational, stunning, inspirational, mindblowing

and ........knackering!!
:cheers: :hug: :hug:

ps to our Captain Bill - thankyou very much and we will scrub your deck anythime!:devil: :devil: :wink:

Fran and Denise
xx:hug: :flower:

Fran
7th-March-2004, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fran
[B]Wow!

If yuo could get higher than first you would have got it ... You were robbed!!!! he he :nice: :kiss: "

woops!!! done it again!!:blush: :blush:

we were talking to mel and james - we just forgot to put their names in

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Stuart M
7th-March-2004, 06:36 PM
Just like to echo Fran's comments and say a big thanks to the C2D team for pulling through (despite Travis' best efforts) and delivering a terrific event.

:cheers:

And only one smiley required to talk about Mel & James!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Bill
7th-March-2004, 06:46 PM
Abiding memories of Blackpool 2004................ Mel & James in the Intrermediate final........ absolutely phenomenal and as good as many (in fact most ) of the couples in the advanced
:D :clap: :worthy:

Being pipped at the post in the DT final ( again) :what: :sick: ; Hazel & John in the Seniors final ....can't understand why they didn't win !! :confused:

The Scottish teams..and especially to Avril, Wendy and the other sinners... ; the winning spotlight ; watching David and Denise dance in the Advanced after no practice at all .... amazing.The Aberdeen girls who reached the DT final at their first attempt !!

Congrats to all the Scots ( and Scottish 'residents' ) who did so well again. If this keeps up they have to ban all Dundee dancers from competing to give everyone else a chance. Well done Steve in the Advanced.

Early night tonight.......... :whistle: :D

Gus
7th-March-2004, 07:03 PM
Same tag line as last year ... The Scots made Blackpool Rock!

Many fine moments, few dissapointments but outstanding performance by many Scots in many rounds ... regardless of whether they made it to the finals or not.

Outstanding memories for me were the Team Cabarets (Scots 1st and 2nd ??) .... Double Trouble (two teams in the final ... SUPERB) ... and a truly astonishing performance by James and Mel .... for so many reaons one of the most enjoyable, inspiring and 'lump in throat' performances I have ever seen .... if it had been on the final of the advanced section it would not have been overshadowed ...... RESPECT to all.

Oh .... and behalf of Helen and myslef .... a very sincere thanks and appreciation for the support we got ..... it meant a heck of a lot to us:flower: :flower:

Chris
7th-March-2004, 07:30 PM
Congratulations to everyone - pleased you all had a good time and accolades to winners etc - errrmmmm... would someone like to post the list of winners then?? Texts and posts and things so far have mostly involved reading between the lines as to the results - it would be nice to hear (and photos of course!)
:flower: :clap:

Punkfish
7th-March-2004, 07:34 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls....... WOW!!

How cool was Blackpool this year?? The C2D team deserve a massive pat on the back for all their hard work... it paid off!

It seems the standard of all the events has raisen a notch or three.... congrats to all those who got placed and of coursed enjoyed themselves!

I had some fantastic dances in the freestyle at the end.... even though my brain was struggling to communicate with my legs. So if you were one of my victims.........Thankyou!

Divissima
7th-March-2004, 07:37 PM
Another truly awesome competition! C2D gets better and better... :waycool:

I wanted to congratulate all competitors and everyone who placed. It was probably the best advanced final I have ever seen - I felt sorry for the judges having to pick the top three couples. A well-deserved win for Clayton and Janine who were breathtaking. They were certainly given a run for their money. I wish I'd had instant action-replay! So many forum regulars looking wonderful in all the categories - and not only Scottish/Scotland resident members! :wink:

Well done to Mel & James in intermediate. A very tough category this year - and a well-deserved win. Pammy & Tony, Dale & Helen and ChrisA and Jayne all danced brilliantly and were IMHO unlucky not to get further.

Dave Franklin and Bryony looked amazing in the airsteps - congratulations, guys, on coming second! :hug:

Spotlights and teams were all very impressive. I want to mention Will and Kate in particular - looking fantastic in spite of injuries. That's the best I've seen you perform the Arabian!

I had a wonderful day. It was lovely to catch up with many forum regulars - and I want to send a big thank you to my wonderful DWAS partner, John, who seemed to be entered in almost every category!! Many congratulations on your 2nd place in Seniors.

DavidY
7th-March-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Chris
Congratulations to everyone - pleased you all had a good time and accolades to winners etc - errrmmmm... would someone like to post the list of winners then?? Dunno all of them - but here is what I can remember ..

Team Cabaret
1st Scintillating (?sp) Sinners
2nd Mouth 2 Mouth

Intermediate
(...surprised you didn't hear the cheer from where you are but..)
1st James & Melanie

Spotlight
1st Alex ? & Emma Pettitt (from Northampton/Daventry)
2nd Will & Kate

Advanced
1st Clayton & Janine
2nd Viktor & Lily
3rd The Tramp & Hayley (?sp)

Apologies for mistakes, misspellings, ommissions etc....:blush: :blush:

Divissima
7th-March-2004, 07:50 PM
From memory - results.... (apologise for all omissions - and please fill in the blanks)....

Advanced:

1st - Clayton and Janine
2nd - Viktor and Lily
3rd - Steve and Hayley

Intermediate:

1st - Mel & James
2nd - Greg (Sheepman) and Kate
3rd - Philip Webb & partner

DWAS:
1st - ? and Bryony Franklin
2nd - Philip Webb & partner
3rd - not sure of names

Spotlight:

1st - Emma Pettit and partner
2nd - Will & Kate
3rd - not sure of names

Airsteps:

1st - Andrew Holmes & Kim Sheppard
2nd - Dave and Bryony Franklin
3rd - not sure of names

Double Trouble:

1st - Kerrin (please excuse poor spelling) & partners
2nd - Bill, Fran & Denise
3rd - Paul & partners

I shall defer to other forum members in the other categories as I'm not sure of names/placings... The Scottish teams were wonderful - as ever :worthy:

Paul F
7th-March-2004, 07:55 PM
posted in wrong location first !!

:cheers: HUGE CONGRATS TO EVERYONE :cheers:

Not only for winning/placed but also for taking part. Probably too nerve wracking for me.

Really enjoyed the day. Everyone at C2D deserve, once again, maximum congratulations on another fine year. Thanks to C2D

Also on a personal note I was so so happy to actually get to meet a few of the scottish crowd. I can see why the scotland scene is so popular as you are all such a friendly bunch.

-------
Great day but of course I have a couple of points :wink:
Things that would have made the day perfect for me

1. The timimgs each year are getting progressively further out. This year we had 1 1/2 hours of freestyle at the end of the day. This is opposed to the possilbe 3 - 4 hours suggested by the flyers. Obviously the timings are nigh on impossible to stick to and C2D work hard enough to produce the event. However, i was very disspointed not to get as many dances with the fantastic crowd that attended this year. I think 1 1/2 hours of uninterrupted freestyle is simply not long enough. For some of us this is one of a very few opportunities we get to have all the dancers together.

2. Contentious issue i know ...........but.........I would not consider some of the people who took part in the intermediate category to be intermediates (no fault of their own however, naturally might not want to move up).
I would like to see the ideas raised by Martin about how Ceroc Aus do things with the Masters category implemented as soon as possible.

---------------

Another idea. Probably rubbish but -
I think there needs to be some way of testing the 'Advanced' dancers outside of competition where they select their own partners. (thought of a tug-of-war but just not practical

Am i right in thinking the adv and inter sections are supposed to be Freestyle??
If so the advanced dancers should , in some way, be made to dance with other 'Advanced' dancers who are NOT their regular partners. eg. DWAS inter + DWAS adv. This way you would have the respective male/female groups but it would eliminate the inherent choreagraphed nature of the dances.
People can say what they want but when you see couples dancing patterns that they have danced before its pretty obvious it is not completely freestyle.

Of course i could be talking complete rubbish

-----------

All in all a good day had though. WELL DONE once again to competitors and organisors alike for making a great 'feet aching' day

(oh and i hope those geriatrics got home ok. they looked a bit unsteady :clap: )

Dreadful Scathe
7th-March-2004, 08:01 PM
Great day , my personal inability to dance in competitions seems to be getting worse :( great day though.

James and melanie. awesome. :worthy: And despite the complaints about some advanced dancers entering intermediate - no one can complain about these winners, theyre not allowed to enter intermediate again NOW though :D

Scotland did indeed win 1st and 2nd in the team events great routines, although i am of course sad that we never got any recognition for the Alley Cats (if only there had been 3 places, may have had a chance) :)... spent way tooo long doing that - hope the crowd enjoyed it though. The two winning teams were: 1st: Scintilating Sinners Avril (Dancing Veela), Wendy(not on forum?) and too many to mention from Dundee and surrounding areas :) 2nd: mouth to mouth Lindsay and loads of people from Edinburgh.

I never got to meet Divissima...tsk!
:worthy:

Divissima
7th-March-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe:
I never got to meet Divissima...tsk!Oh no! DS, so sorry. I managed to say 'hi' to a few of the Scottish crowd - I was wearing my 'Divissima' t-shirt to flush out hidden Forumites but must have missed you... :tears:

Fiver
7th-March-2004, 08:19 PM
:clap: Just arrived home after Blackpool and am still buzzin', so I came up to check the goss and found NONE. :sad: So what does evryone think about this years event?

The judging?
The results?
The rules?
The venue?
The standard?
The partnerships?

Personally I thought that, as a whole, it was a spectacular event and, as always, superbly run by friendly, welcoming people, a wacking great dance orgie, feeding the starved and the stuffed with their particular drug - JIVE. Fridays night's fish and chips left a bit to be desired, not having a bit of my ticket that I didn't know I would need for free entry to the Tower on Sunday morning ****ed me off, thought Victor and Lily had walked it in the advanced so was a bit suprised about that, wonder if the costume and shoe stalls did as well 'cos I nearly forgot to go looking as they were out of the way so s'pose others did too.:what:

Fiver the Jiver's listening!

Tweetie
7th-March-2004, 08:29 PM
Just want to add my appreciation for another fantastic event. Well done to all the C2D team!

Melanie and James were :clap: :clap: :clap: AMAZING! We watched the intermediate final from the top balcony and couldnt take our eyes off them long enough to even know who else was on the floor.

Scintilating Sinners were fabulous... what an amazing production.
Mouth to Mouth team ... cant believe you managed to put that performance together in just 6 weeks! You were GREAT!

Well done Bill Fran and Denise and also to John and Heather and of course to Steve and Haley.

All in all I think it was the best one yet with the standard of dancing just getting better and better each year.

Feel the need for some serious rest now... beginning to think the party till 5am was not as good an idea as it seemed last night!:what: of course it was cut short at 5 by some moany old muppet hammering on the floor of the room above .... it seems we were not all down in Blackpool to PARTY! I thought that was the whole point of it!:wink: :cheers:

Dance Demon
7th-March-2004, 09:09 PM
:yeah:
to most of the previous posts......
James and Mel.....:worthy: :worthy: :...you were truly Awesome, and your musical interpretation of the tracks played could not have been better

Scintilating sinners......wow....broadway comes to Blackpool...
Mouth 2 Mouth......Lindsay and co..fantastic choreography, and you all looked so happy:waycool: ( I'll pinch a wee bit of your glory for suggesting goodness gracious me as one of your tracks:wink: ).....

the two Scottish double trouble teams...respect

well done to Sherwin for getting to the TAC final

John & Hazel....you wuz robbed:

Well done to Trampy and Hayley ....a place on the podium at last Steve
Big thanks to the REAL Peter Phillips for the excellent tunes in the blues room:worthy:

Big thanks to Twinkle toes for organising all the Hotel & stuff...you're a wee star

And Finally a HUGE thanks to Mr & Mrs Scathe, for all their efforts in puting together the Alley Cats routine. We didn't get a place, but we all had a great time doing it and performing it on such a stage as the Tower ballroom was a total blast...:flower: :clap:

Off for a nice hot soak now to ease my aching legs...

PS......to Victor Meldrew....the party pooper who comlained about ou wee party back at the hotel...shame on you you boring fart....get a life:na: :na:

Bill
7th-March-2004, 09:30 PM
and lovley to meet Divissima and to finally meet Pammy :D Sorry we didn't get to dance D. but thanks for two lovely dances Pammy.

So many women and yet so little time. :na: A little more freestyle would be good although not sure my head or legs would have survived very much longer. I knew so many people in each round thta I didn't want to leave the room in case I missed something :rolleyes:

Finally got some fresh air about 9.00 ... a healthy chip butty and back in. C2D team must be absolutely knackered. Well done guys and a very warm thank you to Jenny who danced beautifully in the DWAS and got me into my first ever final :D Just sorry I didn't dance well enough to get us placed......but then I'm no Sheriff ( although I do have a pair of zoot suit trouser and braces :na: )

and thanks as always to Fran and Denise ... you were both wonderful as always.....:worthy:

Mary
7th-March-2004, 10:02 PM
Flippin' heck! I get home and there is already 2 pages of posts on this thread.

Congrats. to all those already mentioned. Just like to say I had a ball (except when I was terrified). And, given the curved ball that C2D had they did a magnificent job of dealing with a different venue layout - not ideal, but they coped extemely well. Thought the floor was great, and lighting on the floor was actually better than the Winter Gardens venue. Well done guys.:cheers: I also thought Tony (compere) was rather impressive - seemed to relax into the role and was able to think on his feet - AND there wasn't so much 'fantastic'!:wink: Nice one mate.

I reckon competitions are not evil - just great fun. Well this one was for me anyway.:flower:

Trampy - gutted I didn't get that dance in the blues room.:tears: But I can honestly say that every single dance I had the whole weekend rated up there in yer top ten (or so) best dances. Thanks everyone.

OK. That's enough I think.

M

Andy McGregor
7th-March-2004, 10:09 PM
I think this year's Blackpool was the best ever. After all the worries about the venue, the Tower Ballroom was easily better than the Empress.

The C2D team were great, the dancers fantastic and the atmosphere electric.

It was great to meet so many people from the Forum - absolutely everyone seemed really, really nice and much younger than I expected (even DS, who probably has some evil way of keeping looking young involving the ritual sacrifice of new-born Smurfs). I wish there was more time for everyone to get to know each other better. I seemed to bump into people for the first time on one of my many runs to change in the loos, often I never really had time to chat - and funnily enough some people found chatting with me in the loos a bit scary:devil:

We got in about an hour ago and can hardly stay awake. I'm going to eat and then sleep very deeply before we move house on Tuesday:tears:

I expect things will pop into my head during the next few days!

Andy

p.s. There may be a rumour about the outfit I wore on the coach journey back to Fleet - it might even be true:waycool:

Minnie M
7th-March-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
There may be a rumour about the outfit I wore on the coach journey back to Fleet - it might even be true:waycool:

:rofl: Yes it I true - and PINK is definitely your colour (loved the matching handbag)

FAB weekend - all has been said above, really can't add anymore - really really tired

My thanks not only to the C2D team but also to Simon White who looked after our little lot so well :hug:

Only regret is not coming over to the Scottish area and saying hello to you all (well those I haven't met before) AND missing out with a dance with Bill, Brady and the boss :worthy: (Franck of course)

:clap: TO ALL THE WINNERS AND THOSE PLACED :clap: you did so well :worthy:

Dancing Veela
7th-March-2004, 11:47 PM
Why am I sitting here typing when I should be in bed????

What a fantastic weekend!!!!!!!! Still HYPER!!

Isn't it awesome (sorry Niall) to be Scottish (including James and his parents of course)!

I didn't know if Mel and James had won - simply because I actually didn't see ANYONE else on the dance floor!!!!!!!!! You guys are wonderful.

I can't believe the double trouble girls (or should that be treble trouble?) didn't get placed - when Bill, Fran and Denise got 2nd I thought you guys HAD to be first!).

I also have NO doubt that Scotland were 1,2 AND 3 for the teams - there can be no other result you Cats! Can't believe Mouth to Mouth was put together in hardly any time at all - Wendy and I planned The Scintillating Sinners on the road back from Blackpool last year!

As for the Sinners...........WE WON, WE WON !!!!!!!! You guys just worked so hard and thank-you all so much for putting up with Wendy being so bossy (not like ME you understand) - but wasn't our performance just much better because of the crowd - THANK-YOU so much for your support - our routine was miles better because of you! And thanks for waiting for us whilst we sorted out Hazel's lack of underwear! And Sal your 'comic timing' was perfection (and thanks to your whole family for coming to support us)

:grin:

Keith - thanks so much for letting us get our doors sorted out - and to your whole team for an unforgettable weekend!

Ok bed NOW!

DVx

Dancing Veela
7th-March-2004, 11:49 PM
oh PS Dance Demon - sorry about the tail!

DVx

Gareth
8th-March-2004, 01:32 AM
Jill & I would like to thank everyone for their fantastic support and kind words of encouragement. I would particularly like to thank the Scottish guys and girls who got behind us.

We were so scared. :sick:

Divissima and Pammy your T-shirts were as outstanding as your great dancing abilities:) ;) :kiss:

It was good to meet so many Forumites, and I`m now able to (if my memory stays in tact) put names to faces.

Mel and James, I was priveleged to be able to watch you guys. You are Awesome :worthy:

LilyB, Thank you for support. :hug: You and Victor were totally amazing.:clap:

C2D: The Tower is an outstanding venue, please keep it for future competitions. :cheers:

Razzle Dazzle
8th-March-2004, 08:09 AM
Well, it's all been said - but I'm gonna say it again - what a fantastic weekend! Well done Chance 2 Dance for all your hard work - you did it again. Only negative comment would have to be the lack of changing facilities or a place to leave our costumes - can't believe in a place that size there aren't some, but maybe not.

Well done to all the winners - especially Mel and James who excelled themselves, and of course the doctors and nurses of Edinbugh's A & E department - great cabaret. Only sorry that there wasn't room for 3 winning teams 'cos the Cats were fantastic.

Thanks to my Intermediate partner Charlie - never mind 'tiger in your tank' - he was a tiger in his pants, wasn't he!!!!!!

But the biggest thanks and congrats of all has to go to our team, the Scintillating Sinners. As Avril said we worked long and hard on that routine - but the team made our dream come true. We love you to bits....

Still tired and will probably take me till the middle of the week to recover and come down from the high that I'm on. But don't we just love it?

LOL, Razzle Dazzle :clap: :clap: :clap:

stompin' phil
8th-March-2004, 08:17 AM
I would like to add my tuppence worth to the proceedings and thank the c2d team for a great job done well done. As an organiser you had the potential of a logistical nightmare with so many heats of competitions to get through as well as all the dancers moving around a building with so many floors, rooms and doors to get lost in.

But…. it worked like clock work with Tony as the compare you had a true professional. (I bet he was a red coat at Butlins) as well as the entire unsung hero’s of the c2d crew running around in their yellow tops.

It’s always great when you organise an event like this to be able to bring the best as well as budding stars under one roof. When we walked in to the dance on the Friday night you could feel the buzz and anticipation in the air. The dance floor was full with not just the odd very good dancer, which you see at a venue but a whole dance floor of budding winners ready to be released.

The atmosphere on the Saturday was electric and I think the English in particular could learn from the Scots. Great support and the cheers that echoed around the room when a fellow Scot or one's who are on probation entered the floor. I’m sure this lifted their performances but more important created an atmosphere which took the proceedings on to the highest level which in my IMHO would not have been there with out them (Welsh a close 2nd) you were fantastic.

On a personal note I would like to thank Linda my dance floor partner from Scotland who I had in DWAS. I really enjoyed myself and just had fun dancing in the semi’s because you made it easy for me to relax. Unfortunately I did not see her in the evening so if any one knows her pass on my thanks and xx’s (I was the one in the Bertie Basset Liquorice all sorts tie)

Once again well done to all those that took part and roll on next year.

Keep on Stompin’

Phil Duckett

TheTramp
8th-March-2004, 08:59 AM
Fantastic weekend. Had the most awesome time!!

Well done to all the Scottish winners. Mel & James, you were awesome. John & Hazel were great to watch in the seniors. Thought that Lindsay, Karen and Yvonne from Aberdeen should have had a placing in the double trouble. Bill, Fran and Denise well deserved theirs. The 3 Scottish teams were all fantastic as well - and I don't think that many people doubted that the Scintillating Sinners were going to win :clap:

Well done also to all the other winners (especially those on the forum), and to all those that took part :clap:

And finally, huge congrats and hugs to Hayley. Having not even seen (let alone danced with) her since November, we honestly thought that a place in the semi-final was a realistic aim. I'm still pinching myself!! :D

Trampy

Minnie M
8th-March-2004, 09:27 AM
After a good night's sleep I forgot the most important thing - thank you for all our support, the cheering really did help - no quite as loud as the Scottish lot, but we got our fair share and thank you so very very very much for all the kind words after - it was our first comp and it really was an experience - not sure at the moment if I could do it again.

I applaud you all, I think we ALL did well, even if taken out the first heat- it takes a lot of stress and nerves to dance in front of such a large audience and even if dancing for 'fun' it is still very dissapointing to be eliminiated

So well done ALL those who competed not just the ones named above, ALL OF US - IMHO we ALL deserve a pat on the back for dressing up and putting ourselves of such public display, it DOES take guts whatever age and whatever level, and I am very proud to have been part of it:flower:

:yeah:And a very special thanks to Keith (C2D) for nearly eliminating me with the biggest compliment ever - he pointed out my birthday is not for another 2 weeks :rofl: :rofl: :clap: :hug: :cheers: :kiss: :whistle:

ChrisA
8th-March-2004, 10:47 AM
Well, what a weekend...

Everything that could possibly be said has been said - I won't retype it here, except to voice my thanks for the fantastic organisation from the C2D team, my congratulations to all... and to pick out two special couples that impressed me particularly.

Firstly Mel and James. Can't really add anything to what's been said, so I'll just say once more - I loved your dancing, and I'm soooooooooooo glad you won - richly and totally deserved in every sense. :hug:

And secondly Steve and Hayley. I loved your dancing too; I think you guys were absolutely wicked. To see you dance like you did, on so little practice, was quite astonishing, and I'm really thrilled for you. Total respect to you :worthy:

Great to finally meet so many of the Scots, too. Hope to see you guys again ASAP.

Last but by no means least, one final word... ... a huge thank you :hug: to Jayne, for putting up with me for the last 6 weeks. :flower:

Chris

jivecat
8th-March-2004, 10:50 AM
[i]Originally posted by Fiver
Just arrived home after Blackpool and am still buzzin', so I came up to check the goss and found NONE. :sad:

Yeah, as possibly the only forumite who wasn't in Blackpool this weekend (grievous omission, I'll rectify it next year) I want to hear EVERY DETAIL!

Dan Hudson
8th-March-2004, 11:02 AM
WOW! Finally awake enough to post!!

Firstly James and Mel, you were awesome, possibly one of the most complete dance performances I have ever witnessed! You looked absolutely fantastic and deserved your win. :clap: :worthy: :drool: (james, i am sure you stole my body?)

A big thank you to Emma for entering with me:flower:

A fabulous event well done to the C2D team.....

Good to meet a few of you forumites, Mr McG (i am really scared now!), Gus, Pammy.. Thanks for the fab dances Pammy:flower:

To everyone from Scotland, thanks for making me an honoury Scot for the day, your support for everyone was truly astounding.. :clap:
Mr Foreman, the first time I have seen you dance, you really are better than chocolate:worthy:
You guys looked great in double trouble

Thanks to all the fabulousladies i danced with too many to list... i am now aching all over!!

Big thanks to Denise for those awesome dances at the end of the evening:drool: Roll on Hammersmith for more like that please!!

Finally congrats to all the participants nad especially the winners!!:clap: :cheers:

See you there next year!!

Jayne
8th-March-2004, 11:22 AM
:yeah: to all of the above!

Had a great time at Blackpool - it really is the best UK competition!

Mel & James - you guys were absolutely fantastic! :worthy:

It was great to see old friends from Scotland - thank you so much for cheering ChrisA & I at the start of the heats - it really did mean so much! :hug: (thanks also for all the kind comments afterwards. :flower: )

Franck - I didn't get to dance with you! :tears:

Claire & Toby - you guys were absolutely fantastic and your support meant sooo much! Thank you. :flower:

Finally: Chris :flower: :hug: it ain't over yet!

J :nice:

Andy McGregor
8th-March-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Dan Hudson
[B]Good to meet a few of you forumites, Mr McG (i am really scared now!),B]

It was great to meet Dan too. Am I really that scary?

And, before I log off and get on with moving house, I thought I'd give people the benefit of an experience I had at Blackpool. Never, ever shave your armpits, for the first time in your life, 2 hours before you check in for a dance competition! Not only was it really painful when I applied deodorant, the pain got worse instead of wearing off:tears: Also, at the start of the semi-final, it was slightly off-putting to have Hollie say 'did you know you know your armpits have got shaving rash?:sick:

DavidY
8th-March-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Fiver
So what does evryone think about this years event? I had great time! :clap: :clap:

I thought the venue was:
* Much, much better than Hammersmith :clap: :clap:
* Not quite as good as last year's :sad:

Although the dancefloor itself seemed to be comparable size to last year's there seemed to be a lot less space for tables and chairs round the edges, and it wasn't as light and open as last year. For me, this meant I didn't "circulate" as much as last year and I didn't get to dance with some folk because I just didn't find them. :blush: :blush:

Obviously not the C2D folk's fault but please can we go back to the Winter Gardens next year? Pretty please?

Glad to see the C2D folk insisting on a non-smoking policy - I went to the tea dance the next day in the same venue (not run by C2D) and it was immediately noticeable that a few folk were smoking.

Highlight of the tea dance was seeing Nigel & Nina not knowing how to dance something :confused: (Saw them trying a Viennese Waltz :rofl: )

Overall a fantastic event. :cheers:

Chicklet
8th-March-2004, 11:43 AM
to pretty much all of the above, tear in the eye for M & J, elbows in the eye on the crowded dance floor:wink:

Sooo much to cheer and be thrilled about, so incredibly well done to all. This will be my last non-competing comp I think I need to bare my soul and get out there in the thick of it, for the DWAS of course.

Please may I have my video NOW!!!!!

Must have missed soooo much and will need to watch it at least 20 times to see everything. Thanks to Scots Corner for supplying the atmosphere (yey the pipes!!!) And Franck for being a cheeky monkey. Thanks to Dan for being a great pillow and I'm sure you look younger even than you did in May!!

Think I only managed to add two new forum members to my set of names with faces so good to see Pammy and have a great dance with Rob C!.

Cabaret teams were all fantastic!!! You must all be rightfully proud of yourselves for 3 cracking performances. Bill and Fran and Denise, what are we going to do with you??? I think a great big trophy for the hat-trick should have been in order!! (correct me if I'm wrong there!!) I thought you were truly fabby but purlease get him into the barber sharpish!

John and Hazel looked like they would be popping off after their final to er make some er bread, I think is the phrase, always warms my heart to see the old gits looking so naughty!!!:yum:
Oh ..and they was robbed.

Do hope the floor wasn't tooo damaged by drool over Vicktor and Lily, certainly saw many glazed expressions when they were on the floor, great highlight for me as for my taste, the laidback "this is sooo easy" style wins hands down. Loved it.

Go Peter Phillipses - think this one should run. Like the Elvis Cleaning Company, you need a few catch phrases though, what about walking round the ballroom "dropping" each other, saying "thankyouverymuch, that drop is available in the Foyer on our excellent set of round the floor in 80 drops"??????:waycool:

David Bs shirts never fail to raise a smile and there were some crackers on show yesterday:clap:

I could go on, but I'll be good.

Thank you soooo much to all for making it the day of the year so far for me.:kiss:

And a final :hug: for TT for sorting the hotel n' stuff but pretty please next year may I pay and extra 12p and have 2 sausages per breakfast???

C:D x

Jive Brummie
8th-March-2004, 11:44 AM
Hello everyone,

Right........just like to say a MASSIVE THANKYOU to everyone's support on the day. I honestly don't think we could have done it without you all cheering, whooping, whistling, shouting, stamping, clapping and finally...crying!!! for us. It was an overwhelming weekend not only for Melanie and I, but for my folks aswell, (thankyou all for making them so welcome:wink: ).

Don't know where to start. Everyone was outstanding. The Scots and adopted Scots did so well. Can Ze English take any more of zis!!!!

Hazel & John:worthy:
Steve & Haley:worthy:
Bill, Fran, Denise:worthy:
Aberdeen 3:worthy:
Scintilating Sinners:clap: :worthy:
Mouth to Mouth:worthy:

and everyone else who I've forgotten to mention...you did fantastic.

To all the people I met for the first time........it was a pleasure.
Thought ChrisA and Jayne were tremendous, and ones to watch for the future....ChrisA, you are a true gentleman, thankyou for your kind words and wishes:cheers: .

To everyone who gave helpful hints and tips.........they were most appreciated....and obviously worked........hahahahahah!!

And finally, but most importantly. Thankyou to my amazing, outstanding, most excellent partner Melanie. She well and truely (sp?) shone on the dance floor, and I felt honoured to be dancing with you. You were at your cheekiest, sexiest best and couldn't have given any more....without you babe, I'd be nothing....thankyou:kiss:

now about next year............I've had an idea for this move.....................

Thanks once again guys. Will see you all very soon.

James........xxxxxxx

Bill
8th-March-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Jive Brummie

now about next year............I've had an idea for this move.....................

Thanks once again guys. Will see you all very soon.

James........xxxxxxx

So what about a spotlight then J & M ???? And I can't wait to see you in the Advanced next year. :D :clap:

Monika
8th-March-2004, 12:03 PM
What a FANTASTIC event!!!!!
Thank's a million to the C2D Team: Well organised!! You're such a friendly bunch! (and to Keith for the most amzing dance...!) and everyone who made their way to Blackpool: You all had to be there to contribute to make it such a superb event!!! Hearing the loud (!!!) cheers & screams and our pipers playing "Flower of Scotland" when Team Scotland's presence was announced was just someting else!!! Fab to see so many Scots & adopted and Honorary Scots made it to Blackpool and boy did we enjoy and make it a Team event!!!
Huge CONGRATULATIONS to all winners!!!
Mel & James: Humble Respect!!!! Sooo impressive - we knew you could do it and you did it!!! You must have heard us screaming our hearts out and seen our tears of joy when the result was announced!! Well done!!! Well done to the Scottish Double Trouble Teams & Cabaret Teams as well: Fantastic to watch & You were all BRILLIANT!!! Girls: You were robbed! Hazel & John, Steve & Hayley: Congratulations: superb performance and brilliant result!!!
Also a huge well done to those who entered who deserved to get major recognition for their efforts, but didn't get a price to bring home: Bill & Sherwin & thier partners in LD, Gus & Helen (FAB!!!), Steven & Irene (beautiful!), Jayne & Chris A (simply outstanding!!!)
Some amazing showcases and well... Janine & Clayton: Respect!!
Missed out to meet heaps of Forumites', but hopefully some time soon...!
Happy Dancing!!!
x :flower: :hug: :worthy: :) :hug:

Chicklet
8th-March-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Monika
Bill & Sherwin & thier partners in LD, :
Thanks for reminding me of this Monika!!

Bill and the very sexy blonde lady who's name I know I should know but don't! were soooo smoooth and can we purlease have a round of applause for Sherwin's GRIN in that final????

And I've just remembered one other thing.....was I halucinating or possible Buducinating or did I see Bill and Eliot geting very very slinky in a the corner late on???????:eek: :waycool:

Sal
8th-March-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Bill
So what about a spotlight then J & M ???? And I can't wait to see you in the Advanced next year. :D :clap:

:yeah: I think I would be back in Blackpool just to see that! Britney made it to No1 last night, can't listen to that song without thinking of Mel and James's amazing performance - you made that song yours!

Had a great time watching everyone, and the best thing about the competition must be the fabulous atmosphere. Being scottish is great!! Thanks for making my family so welcome, they had a great day, and thak everyone for the many offers they had to dance, except they can't!

:hug: for Avril and Wendy, who are the best bosses in the world! That amazing 6 minutes came out of their imaginations! Except, of course, my entrance to the third section!:whistle:

Bardsey
8th-March-2004, 12:23 PM
Well doen to you all! Mel & James.......so chuffed for you, I was getting text reports from a couple of friends (thanks Pammy for all yours) throughout Saturday, so I was cheering from Yorkshire (did you hear me?)

Well done also to Steve and Hayley.heard you were phenomenal also to Bill, Fran and Denise who I hear were also fantastic!

Well done Sheepie (Greg) too and also Will and anyone else I haven't mentioned. I had to read all the threads about Blackpool first to see who did what and who won what, so hope I've got it right......ooooh almost forgot to mention LilyB, amazing as usual.....heard you was robbed!!!!

So, so sorry I wasn't there but hope you all had a dance for me!

Love to you all and well done again! Can't wait to see the pics!

Jill x

Bill
8th-March-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
And I've just remembered one other thing.....was I halucinating or possible Buducinating or did I see Bill and Eliot geting very very slinky in a the corner late on???????:eek: :waycool:

No................. we were in that corner having a lovely dance. :D And I don't have to tell the women just what a great dancer Elliot is.............he follows really well :na: Have to ask him to lead next time :innocent: Pity no-one was filiming it :D

Lounge Lizard
8th-March-2004, 12:45 PM
There are always comments on the music at any event and to get it right all day is never easy

Sarah worked hard getting it sorted and I know she is a forum member so genuine feedback may help towards next year

Personaly I felt sorry for the double trouble round with the darkness and duran duran tracks, and felt some of the music did not reflect the catagory(s).

the freestyle was limited with space and time so I did not dance much during rogers set and missed JB's cos I was in the blues room.

so what are your comments

Bill
8th-March-2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks for reminding me of this Monika!!

Bill and the very sexy blonde lady who's name I know I should know but don't! were soooo smoooth

Her name was Jenny and she was so wonderful to dance with I feel a bit guilty that I didn't dance well enough to get her placed and you'll have seen her a lot because she normally dances with Sheriff :rolleyes: :na:

filthycute
8th-March-2004, 12:55 PM
WOW!!! where do i even begin?!?!?!?!?
What an amazing weekend!! C2D team....you were all brilliant! Again you put on a tremendous event......but did anybody ever doubt that?
I'd like to thank EVERYBODY for their massive support for me and James. It really made a difference to us on the dance floor. Special thanks to David B. You really helped me fix my head after our dissapointing track in the first heat. And your comment after our final.....truly a compliment.....thank you :worthy:
Well done to everyone who competed on Saturday. I know how nerve wracking it is to step on that floor and every brave soul who walked on that dance floor danced their socks off!
Scintillating Sinners......you were fab!!!! I was privelleged to be able to watch your practises over the last couple of weeks.....my how you guys came on!! All your hard work really did pay off!! I was dead chuffed for you all :D
Again our troubled doublers did ever so well.......keep it up guys....you were all great!!
Steve and Haley...you both looked fab out there.....i don't think i managed to catch you both to congratulate you......well done.

I don't think i got a chance to congratulate every one i wanted to on Saturday......Lily/Victor, most of the Mouth 2 Mouth team, etc......but i'm sure i'll catch up over the next couple of weeks.

Special mention to Chris A and Jayne.....i thought you danced absolutely brilliant and was stunned you didn't get further. Thank you both for your many kind words to us.

Last mention has to go to my astounding partner, James. He really pulled out all the stops to make it (probably) the best 2 dances i've ever had in my life!! We loved every minute of our final and walked both on and off the dance floor with the support of all our friends. Thank you all for making me cry :hug:

To the forum.....i have forgiven each and every one of you for calling me Mel......you are all such wonderful people....you can call me whatever you like :hug: :kiss:

blah blah.....i have so much going on in my head, yet i can't think of anything to type...:sick:

I'll be back no doubt, with everything else i forgot to write, who i forgot to thank/congratulate, etc.......

so for now i hope this covers it!

Well done and thank you from us both

filthycute x x

Bill
8th-March-2004, 12:58 PM
Congrats Dundee.......................

did say something on another thread but did it escape anyone else's attention that it wasn't really Scotland but more DUNDEE that caused most of the noise and won the prizes :D :wink: Lot of noise from the Aberdonians, Glaswegians, Edinburghers and others............... and the pipes of course !!!!

We Scots did ourselves proud ..........especially the way all contestants and results were applauded BUT.......................

Intermediate winners ............ Mel & James

Team winners ......... Wendy & Avril (and team - including some non Dundonians !!!!!)

Finalist in DWAS - Sherwin

Seniors 2nd place - John & Hazel

Advanced 3rd place - Steve ( and Hayley) based in Dundee

D T 2nd place - Denise ( and Bill & Fran)

No-one in the spotlight comp :D :na:

As we said to Keith maybe he should move the comp up to Scotland :rolleyes: :whistle:

Chicklet
8th-March-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard

the freestyle was limited with space and time so I did not dance much during rogers set and missed JB's cos I was in the blues room.

so what are your comments

Personally I liked that there was actually quite a load of variety thru the day and I was thrilled to hear a bit of Doo Wop!!

It got a bit "hardcore":rofl: (obviously my definition of this isn't the same as most others') oh jings **tries to guess the time** about 12.30?? bit poundy for my taste.

Didn't remember to get up the stairs early enough ( sorry P)and by the time I did was more interested in the very last pieces of pizza than doing anything that required moving!!

Chicklet
8th-March-2004, 01:15 PM
Lucy and Toaster boy...was very proud of the pair of you really going for it and looking great, porno trousers or no porno trousers!!:really: :flower:

Stuart M
8th-March-2004, 01:42 PM
Lucy and Toaster boy...was very proud of the pair of you really going for it and looking great, porno trousers or no porno trousers!!:really: :flower:
That little incident gave me a sleepness night, knowing how tight my comp trousers were...

Glad to be Lucy's passenger - she got us into the next round :grin: , which was our aim (being realistic) after about a dozen practices. Pressure's on to improve now...

And I hate to say this - but I did actually enjoy doing an Intermediate comp.

Sheepman
8th-March-2004, 02:07 PM
A totally brilliant weekend, only one complaint, the bar was closed when we got back to the hotel on Saturday night, we had to have squosh with the caviar!

I thought the atmosphere and the floor were much better in the Tower than in the Wintergardens, (where the crowd can seem too far away), though I think the Empress must have the edge because of the other facilities and space it offers. The competition music was better than last year, (the air steps performers might not agree, but I suppose you should expect some difficult music if you're entering that category, and I thought David and Bryony's performance was superb, the best I've seen them do, and IMHO by far the best for musicality). I'm still not sure why Double Trouble & Seniors can almost expect to get uninspiring music for their performances, I would struggle for inspiration from any of those tracks.

So many good performances, you all deserve congratulations, can the standards get any higher? For me the most jaw dropping performance was Emma and partner's Spotlight routine. If it's possible to wear out a DVD by overplaying, then that section will soon be worn out! My biggest smile (it was a close thing, after seeing Andy's costume!) was watching the Scintillating Sinners, an excellent routine - and a tip for spectators - make sure you go up onto the balcony to watch the team performances, it adds another dimension.

Chatting to a stranger after one of the performances, he was saying it's like going to a top London show, I agreed. On reflection I realise I don't agree, it was FAR better than any top London show I've seen, if the dancing was that good in the West End, I might bother going from time to time.

Peter's music in the blues room was sublime, and so good to chill out to, it was real shame it took at least a whole track to come downstairs to find a partner, then go back up to the blues room. Thanks go to Lynn (Take a Chance second place, second year in a row!) for saving me from that repeated journey, those dances where we did practically nothing were :drool: :drool: :drool:

So many people deserve thanks, I probably shouldn't even start, but a special thank you to Tas, for helping us sort out that move on the day, the crowd did like it! To Mary for having to put with me getting stuck into the music, and forgetting about the dancing! And to Kate, what can I say? How could I be nervous when you can dance like that?

If I could change anything, it would be to make it much, much longer, how about 3 days of freestyle after the comp? That way I might get round to dancing with all those I know, and meeting lots of new faces. I really didn't have time for enough of that.

Greg

Dreadful Scathe
8th-March-2004, 02:07 PM
i noticed Stuart was trying his hardest to look like a Smurf - only the hat was missing.

I think I need a word with James about how to keep cool - in the Semi Final of the intermediate I could think of no moves at all and musicality suffered as i tried not to look like i was trying to think of moves whilst deperately trying to think...ow! cant think and dance at the same time.....one day ill get over this problem i hope :) some practice would probably do it!. It was nice to get cheered though :) I promise ill win in Musselburgh :D

Anyone else notice that RED was THE colour this year. I thought we were being original too :).

Minnie M
8th-March-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
A totally brilliant weekend, only one complaint, the bar was closed when we got back to the hotel on Saturday night, we had to have squosh with the caviar.

not forgetting Supermarket own brand red devil :wink: :sick:

........../snip.............. I'm still not sure why Double Trouble & Seniors can almost expect to get uninspiring music for their performances, I would struggle for inspiration from any of those tracks.

......./snip/........If I could change anything, it would be to make it much, much longer, how about 3 days of freestyle after the comp? That way I might get round to dancing with all those I know, and meeting lots of new faces. I really didn't have time for enough of that.

What about a REAL tea dance on Sunday - I personally missed out seeking out AND dancing with fellow forumites as I was so stressed out about the competition, and then it was too late :tears:

Bardsey
8th-March-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M
I personally missed out seeking out AND dancing with fellow forumites as I was so stressed out about the competition, and then it was too late :tears:

You'll have to come to Southport in May. Lots of forumites coming to that and 3 days of workshops and dances, guaranteed no stress and no competitions to worry about! I'm hopefully going to organise a Forumite meeting over that weekend too, so we can all be in the same place at the same time and know that everyone there is a forumite.:flower:

TheTramp
8th-March-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
I'm hopefully going to organise a Forumite meeting over that weekend too, so we can all be in the same place at the same time and know that everyone there is a forumite.:flower: Can people that only log on the forum occasionally, and don't really post very often come along to that too??

Or should I just post a little more? :whistle:

Trampy

Bardsey
8th-March-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Can people that only log on the forum occasionally, and don't really post very often come along to that too??

Or should I just post a little more? :whistle:

Trampy

:rofl: :rofl: I tell you what Steve, if you didn't come to the meeting, I'd personally hunt you down and drag you there kicking and screaming :whistle:

All forumites will be more than welcome whether they have 1 post or 1000 !

Jill x

TheTramp
8th-March-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
:rofl: :rofl: I tell you what Steve, if you didn't come to the meeting, I'd personally hunt you down and drag you there kicking and screaming :whistle:

All forumites will be more than welcome whether they have 1 post or 1000 !Or 4000!!

Anyone wanna race to be the first to 5000?? :whistle:

Trampy

Reklaw
8th-March-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
From memory - results.... (apologise for all omissions - and please fill in the blanks)....

Spotlight:
1st - Emma Pettit and partner
2nd - Will & Kate
3rd - not sure of names

3rd place went to Phil & Alex Motley.

Phil teaches for me at Ceroc-Middlesbrough. A brilliant perfomance from Alex & Phil for their first ever competition!

If you want to see them again they've entered the Ceroc Champs in London.

Mike

Bardsey
8th-March-2004, 02:52 PM
Or 4000!!

Anyone wanna race to be the first to 5000?? :whistle:

Trampy

Now you're showing off! :rofl: I've only got 845, I swear mine are being subtracted instead of added, I'm sure I had over 900 before!

Dave Hancock
8th-March-2004, 02:53 PM
A little bit later than most, but thought I'd add echo the sentiments of pretty much everyone else and say I thought James and Mel were absolutely tremendous and that there performance in the final is up there with the very best.

A huge congratulations to all those forumite's whom have already received so much richly deserved praise and also a big well done to Nicky (Brady's partner) for making the final of the DWAS with her partner, thought they danced well in the final (as did Sherwin - seriously unlucky not to get placed).

Respect to Avril and Wendy for their caberet, you girls are amazing and a big personal thank you to Miss Boogie Nights for organising Mouth to Mouth and partnering me in the Intermediates, you're fab:flower:

Loopy Linz
8th-March-2004, 02:56 PM
Wow!! I know it's been said, but what a fabulous weekend! When I was asked last year if I was going to Blackpool for the competition I replied "what!?! Go to Blackpool to dance? Are you insane?" My only defense now is I'd only been dancing 3 weeks and didn't truly understand the meaning of addiction! I do now!

I had a fabulous weekend and enjoyed watching as much as I did joining in (only in the ceroc world is that an acceptable thing to say!:wink: ).

What a crowd Scotland are! It was an honour to be part of it and great to be supported by you all - thanks! I can't go on any longer without saying thanks to my girlies, their style and grace pulled us into the final!!:worthy: I had a blast in our 1st round and the darkness rocked (despite criticism!).

Many congratulations to all who took part (esp. the delectable Melanie and James) can't wait for the next one! So, when's London...?:eek:

Geordieed
8th-March-2004, 03:01 PM
Although I have spent the last day already saying it personally thank you once again for a wonderful day. Thank you for the love and support from Annie. Words are not enough.

Thank you to my wonderful partner. Thank you for a day on our own terms the way we wanted it to be and dancing our own way. The happiness of the day will last a long time. Thank you to the judges for judging what we did good enough for a final. Thank you to all the words of encouragement to friends we made on the day and our friends from all corners of the country.

I am resisting making too many special mentions as the list would be pretty long. Haley and Steve it was a joy to spectate your performance. Thank you Will. Huge respect to you.

One last big thanks for C2D for setting the standard. Huge effort well done. See you next year.

Tweetie
8th-March-2004, 03:53 PM
The old smurf and I just wanted to say a

GREAT BIG THANK YOU!!!:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

To all of the Alley Cat team.
You all worked SOOOOO hard and showed so much dedication.
Thank you for making it all such fun.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
We set out to entertain the crowd and I think we certainly did that.
We already have our thinking hats on for the next one.... so be prepared!

Dreadful Scathe
8th-March-2004, 03:58 PM
Oh no we won't. Ive retired :D

..who you calling old ? :D

Graham
8th-March-2004, 04:11 PM
Congratulations to everyone who took part! I thoroughly enjoyed the day, and since I didn't have to worry about competing was able to watch a lot more than last year. I'm slightly hoarse today for some reason! :wink: I agree that both Sherwin and Nicky danced very well in the TAC final. I also thought that the standard of all three Scottish cabaret teams was excellent, and after the second place was announced I genuinely wasn't sure which of the other two would have clinched it, although I was certain it would be one of them (and the other teams were all very impressive this year).

Personally I prefer the Winter Gardens as a venue - there was a lot more room for bags etc, and the facilities (except the food) were better.

Well done Tony, Keith and the team, especially with the setbacks you've had this year!

Once again, well done to everyone, and thanks to all the freestyle partners I had over the weekend!

DavidY
8th-March-2004, 05:35 PM
What about a REAL tea dance on SundayDepends what you mean by a real tea dance. I would guess the dance on Sunday was the same sort of tea dance as they've run at the Tower Ballroom for about the last 50 years , so in that sense it's probably as near to a "real" tea dance as you'd get.

However I don't think the guy at the Wurlitzer was ever going to play Toxic by Britney. :wink:

I agree that a social dance on Sunday to meet folk in a less stressed environment would be a good idea though.

Sandy
8th-March-2004, 06:51 PM
Can only echo everything that has been said, absolutely outstanding. Scottish contingency made us so proud and also some sensational acts from our friends south of the border.

Sheena, you never fail to amaze me! Ariels! what next??? You did have a bit of help of course!:D

I loved it all and have a sore throat to prove it! All that cheering, my hands were aching from clapping!

Did the Dance with a Stranger, shook through it all but worth it! not sure that my partner would agree:blush:

This is my 2nd attempt at sending this so if a similar thread appears blame my cr*p computer which keeps cutting out!

Well done everyone who competed

Nice to meet so many new faces.

Sandy:kiss:

Minnie M
8th-March-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by DavidY
Depends what you mean by a real tea dance.

:blush: Sorry David, wrong choice of words :sad: the Tea Dance at the Tower is of course as you quite rightly said is an original if not the original tea dance

I meant an afternoon dance for modern jivers - same like the London Ceroc one that was at the Casbah and now back at the HMS President :wink: I should have called it a Social Dance in the afternoon:wink:

Razzle Dazzle
8th-March-2004, 07:16 PM
My biggest smile (it was a close thing, after seeing Andy's costume!) was watching the Scintillating Sinners, an excellent routine - and a tip for spectators - make sure you go up onto the balcony to watch the team performances, it adds another dimension.
Oh dear. I just knew this would come back to haunt us (I was going to say 'bite us in the bums' and given what you obviously saw going on behind the scenes maybe the latter is more appropriate!! All thoughts of modesty go out of the window under pressure of time.
:blush: :wink:

Tiggerbabe
8th-March-2004, 07:32 PM
Nothing really that I can say that's not already been said but.........

Huge well done to Tony, Angie, Keith, Janey and everyone else from the C2D team, especially all of the yellow t-shirt brigade who were making it all happen on the day :hug:

Tony - loved the entrance - upstaged only by our wonderful pipers Harry and Max :clap:

Melanie and James - you were truly amazing - it was a pleasure to watch you both.

Can't believe that Steven, Linda and Irene didn't make it to the final of the double trouble - they should have and I honestly thought when Bill, Fran and Denise were 2nd that the Aberdeen girls had taken the honours. Never mind girls - a prize is bound to come your way soon - you were brill!!!!!!

Sherwin's smile when dancing in the final of the DWAS with Della was fantastic, I though Bill and Jenny looked great too.
Oh and Stompin' Phil - of course none of us know Linda - she's the quiet one :rofl:

John and Hazel danced (and looked) fab and were very unlucky not to have taken the first prize again. Although I did love Mike and Judith's "Old Git" routine :nice:

Some amazing dancing in the Advanced - Viktor and Lily :worthy: and their showcase was wonderful too (especially that
cropped-ish shirt that Viktor had on, that sometimes rode up so you could see his stomach :drool: ) but huge well done to Steve and Hayley.

Emma and her partner :worthy: WOW! Worth the money for the dvd just to have that performance on it's own.

Franck - any chance of getting her up to teach at the Beach Ballroom or the BFG - *please - pretty please*

Thanks to Trampy for his support in the aerials :wink: and for going with the sequins - although next time - you're sewing them on yourself.............

To Wendy and Avril, :hug: can't wait to see what it looked like - such a lot of work for you both but wow! Fantastic result :grin:
What fun, once we got out there.
Just such a shame that there weren't three prizes (and so glad I wasn't judging) - I loved the Mouth to Mouth routine and the Alley Cats were awesome.

Finally a huge well done to all of the Scottish support for making the atmosphere so amazing once again.

David Franklin
8th-March-2004, 07:48 PM
Depends what you mean by a real tea dance. I would guess the dance on Sunday was the same sort of tea dance as they've run at the Tower Ballroom for about the last 50 years , so in that sense it's probably as near to a "real" tea dance as you'd get.

However I don't think the guy at the Wurlitzer was ever going to play Toxic by Britney. :wink: After watching how hard he was working doing a jive, I did suggest to Nigel that we requested a balboa - but I don't think any of us wanted to be responsible for the consequences :rofl:

But in some ways, something so completely different from the previous day is a lovely way to destress. What would be great is if the C2D team could liase and maybe get the Sunday dance slightly tweaked to accommodate us. Nothing major, but a few more (non-sequence!) rumba dances would have been great, and a bit of guidance about floorcraft. (I understand the normal ettiquete is for non-travelling dancers to use the center, but because the fastest couples were using the center, it wasn't really an option. I did notice some line dancers ignoring the standard ettiquete, but I don't know if they were out of line (ha ha) or not...)

Dave

michael
8th-March-2004, 08:04 PM
Having been asked to comment from my fellow smootherites
"THE GLASGOW SMOOTHIES" On the weekend.

We were all spectators apart from Chocolate smoothie who had her first taste of competition and danced her wee socks off as a team member of mouth to mouth.

Firstly Just a giant big thank you to everyone who organised the event and all who attended, friendly smiling faces wherever you went. All of us bought new dance shoes :rolleyes: and used them to great effect stamping on the dance floor and screaming for our guys and girls who done us all proud.

To James and Mel...big WOW...Musicality Musicality Musicality

This was a demonstration on "Musicality with style" who said only black guys can move their body!!! (strawberry & champagne observations) Most of us mere mortals find it difficult enough to get the musicality aspect right etc but to do it in a way that was different from what we had seen so far... made it UNIQUE. It was also done in a way that is likely to inspire many of us to look towards dancing with style rather than dancing with moves. On that score alone Scotland can be proud of them.

To John and Hazel what can we say. she's one hell of a sexy girl with so much musicality and cheeky style and John performing so brilliantly to her er.......advances:innocent: No comment on the result since the judges do their job as best they can but we all thought Hazel and John danced brilliantly and entertained us with laughter as an added bonus.

Outwith Scotland:To Clayton & Janine (did i spell it right?) technical excellence or whatever, it was stunning to watch.

Naturally the girls liked to see well dressed outfits and thought Wendy & Toaster boy looked oh so smart in their outfits.

Well done to all the rest of the guys and girls who took part, it was well worth our visit. Big thanks to Lana for organising the hotel:hug

Driving up the road two things that jumped out at Blackpool.
1. That the scots really are right up there with the rest in standard of dancing.
2. Musicality was the main theme all of us (i think) have taken home with us
3. You dont need to compete to have a great time.

ps. anyone found champagne and strawberry smoothie t shirts, left them behind at the dance.:cheers: :hug:

Emma
8th-March-2004, 08:41 PM
God what an amazing weekend..I don't know what to write as I just can't pick what was best about it..I'm afraid I will miss something out...such amazing dancers and brilliant performances. To pick highlights seems wrong as so much of it was just wonderful - but I have to say that I watched both the Scintillating Sinners and the Emma Petit (sp?) showcase with my jaw on the floor....and James & Melanie....what can I say? :worthy:

What a fabulous event Blackpool is - huge respect to the C2D team, you guys are amazing! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks again to you Dan, for dancing with me :grin:, and Elliot...I'll never be able to dance to 'The w*nk song' again without thinking of you! :hug: :rofl:

Also it was just *great* to see so many forum friends again, and to make some new ones :grin: Somehow though I hardly stopped dancing (and oh, the dancing *swoon*) I *still* managed to miss dances with a few of you....dammit! Next time!! :cheers:

TheTramp
8th-March-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
Thanks to Trampy for his support in the aerials :wink: and for going with the sequins - although next time - you're sewing them on yourself............. Can I just say that it was a real pleasure to be underneath you Sheena. Had fun practising, and you were a great partner!!!

Fancy entering again next year? But with a few more practises this time!! :D :flower:

(We'll leave the sequins off though) :na:

Trampy

under par
9th-March-2004, 12:10 AM
What a fantastic weekend.
Chance 2 Dance put on a great show.
Compere Tony was a class act, so relaxed and not over stated like some comperes at other venues. The microphone at the Spanish rooms though was not up to the job, minor point though cos the music was great.

Well done to all the competitors you gave performances that would have looked just as good in the West End.

Wish the Tea dance was more for jivers really felt let down with all the sequence dancing really not for me.

It was my first ever competition, first round exit in DWAS, but I really enjoyed it. Look forward to next year.

Lindsay
9th-March-2004, 10:55 AM
:yeah: to all that's been said

Well done Mel & James, u did us proud!

Personal thanks to Dave H for partnering me, what an amazing dancer you are Mr Doo.... As our 15th dance together, we did a great job!

Well done to Dundee team, totally LOVED your routine :worthy:
Alley Cats I though you were awesome too, some really clever bits in there, & it was very very entertaining! HUGE THANKS to the Mouth-To-Mouth team for pulling it together in 4 and a half weeks... a superb achievement, thanks for putting up with my shouting etc.!

Trampey- I though you & partner were fab (I was only teasing coming down the stairs). You're one hell of a dancer...

Thanks Lana for arranging the accommodation, you did a great job, and it was very much appreciated.

I haven't laughed so much in months, from a drunken train journey... to breakdancing in the train station... to getting naked (not me!)... the endless massaging... the total buzz from performing... John's Friday party DJing from behind the bar.... the woobly willies.... keeping the hotel awake till 4:30am. My ribs still ache from laughing....

:cheers: To y'all- was proud to be Scottish!!

Franck
9th-March-2004, 10:58 AM
Still reeling and (literally) speechless after a fabulous week-end. So many amazing dances, so many wonderful people, and what a result (again) for Scotland :wink:

Well done to C2D, you deserve all the praise you received so far. :cheers:

What I saw on Saturday made me very happy, and very proud.
The level of dancing, style, tricks and musical interpretation was incredible (and not just from the Scottish competitors :wink: ).
The variety and humour in the spotlight and cabaret performances was fantastic. Emma's spotlight in particular was phenomenal and thoroughly deserved first place.

congratulations to all participants, and especially to my Take a Chance partner (Philippa from Chester), you were great :flower:

I won't list everyone who did well, too many to mention, but once again, I must single out James and Melanie, who delivered the performance of their life, especially considering the pressure they were under to do well!
Steve and Hayley! Wow, what an achievement, and superb dancing (so sorry I didn't get to dance with Hayley).
The 3 Scottish cabarets were mind blowing, and I would like to echo Michael's comments:
That the scots really are right up there with the rest in standard of dancing.Well done guys, not only are you all up there in standard of dancing, but you lead the way in sheer enthusiasm, energy and passion!

Franck.

Minnie M
9th-March-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Franck
......... not only are you all up there in standard of dancing, but you lead the way in sheer enthusiasm, energy and passion!

:yeah: so true, makes you want to pack your bags and move :worthy: (Like your adopted son, who you have made so welcome)

TheTramp
9th-March-2004, 11:05 AM
:yeah: so true, makes you want to pack your bags and move :worthy: Yeah!!! :clap:

Trampy

Minnie M
9th-March-2004, 11:08 AM
Yeah!!! :clap:

Trampy

Wow that was quick ! you got in there before I added my edited bit about you :wink:

TheTramp
9th-March-2004, 11:09 AM
Wow that was quick ! you got in there before I added my edited bit about you :wink: I'm sorry. Will go a little slower next time!! :hug:

Trampy

DavidY
9th-March-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
Emma and her partner :worthy: WOW! Worth the money for the dvd just to have that performance on it's own.

Franck - any chance of getting her up to teach at the Beach Ballroom or the BFG - *please - pretty please* :yeah: Emma can teach as well as dance...

Bill
9th-March-2004, 02:15 PM
:yeah: Emma can teach as well as dance...

Had the pleasure of seing Emma teach a couple of years ago in Edinburgh........one of my first workshops and where I still remember seeing Fran 'going for it' as we were instructed by Emma :D The girls were told to wiggle and close their eyes so she did and was unaware that most of the others had stopped but she was caught up in the music.......................... that's my girl ..........:na: :whistle:

Bill
9th-March-2004, 02:21 PM
Mr Foreman, the first time I have seen you dance, you really are better than chocolate:worthy:
You guys looked great in double trouble

See you there next year!!

Dan .........thanks very much................ you don't know how much that means to me ( and to Fran !!) We're not good competition dancers but at least this year we had some fun. All that hair and we still didn't win...................:whistle: :D .........might go bald next time :sick: :na:

Pammy
9th-March-2004, 02:51 PM
might go bald next time :sick: :na:

Long hair, short hair, but how can anyone beat horns??? :cheers:

Mary
9th-March-2004, 03:11 PM
Emma and partner in the showcase - gobsmacked.:worthy: David Franklin and I were having a gossip and were getting more and more engrossed in their performance, and by the end we both almost simultaneously said "wow, who are these people?" Respect.:drool: :drool: :worthy: :worthy:

M

Bill
9th-March-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Pammy

You think I should go as a cow next year ??????????:confused:

Bill
9th-March-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Mary
Emma and partner in the showcase - gobsmacked.:worthy: David Franklin and I were having a gossip and were getting more and more engrossed in their performance, and by the end we both almost simultaneously said "wow, who are these people?" Respect.:drool: :drool: :worthy: :worthy:

M

Can't wait to see the video/DVD so I can watch their spotlight again and James and Melanie's dance in the final. Some other wonderful dancers and dancing but those two were my real highlights. :worthy: :D

TheTramp
9th-March-2004, 05:07 PM
Can't wait to see the video/DVD so I can watch their spotlight again and James and Melanie's dance in the final. Some other wonderful dancers and dancing but those two were my real highlights. :worthy: :D But Bill??? You didn't mention Viktor?!?!?

Are you ill? :devil:

Trampy

Bill
9th-March-2004, 05:09 PM
But Bill??? You didn't mention Viktor?!?!?

Are you ill? :devil:

Trampy

actually I am feeling a little peeky................:D so better keep it real slow for tonight. Viktor was well.............just Viktor. And I know that a certain young 'lady' spent an awful lot of time dancing with him on Saturday ..........and lifted his vest to look at his body. You know the quiet ones are always the worst...but then again she isn't always very quiet :na: :sick:

Fran
9th-March-2004, 05:46 PM
Had the pleasure of seing Emma teach a couple of years ago in Edinburgh........one of my first workshops and where I still remember seeing Fran 'going for it' as we were instructed by Emma :D The girls were told to wiggle and close their eyes so she did and was unaware that most of the others had stopped but she was caught up in the music.......................... that's my girl ..........:na: :whistle:

urmmm... yep, I did find that rather embaressing when I realised everyone else had stopped!!:o I had only been dancing a few months.

that bit aside, I still remember the workshop and still have the T -shirt frank! It was a great day and it had a real impact on me, would love to see Emma up here again. Bill and I caught one of her classes in Northhampton a few years ago and it was really good. :nice:

fran x

ps now I ma trying to imagine bill bald nect year or a cow???
:confused: :confused: - goodness knows what denise and I would have to go as:wink:

Bill
9th-March-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Fran

ps now I ma trying to imagine bill bald nect year or a cow???
:confused: :confused:

neither option is very appealing .............. ...but we tried a 'camel' :D :cheers:

Pammy
9th-March-2004, 06:04 PM
You think I should go as a cow next year ??????????:confused:

You can take my usual spot then! :rofl:

Jive Brummie
9th-March-2004, 06:10 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :wink:

Fran
9th-March-2004, 06:29 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :wink:

ahhhh.... now I get it!!! - jame's fabby devilish hair cut.

Pammy
10th-March-2004, 10:28 AM
ahhhh.... now I get it!!! - jame's fabby devilish hair cut.

I loved it, but alas, by Sunday morning it had all gone. Must've shaved it off :tears: or it fell out in the excitement :wink:

Bill
10th-March-2004, 04:38 PM
Anyone else notice a difference with the results this year............ looks like almost total agreement with all the decisions.

Emma, James & Melanie, Scintilating Sinners et al................ must say something about what a great job the judges did on the day.

Will everyone say the same after London ?????? :rolleyes: :na:

TheTramp
10th-March-2004, 04:54 PM
Anyone else notice a difference with the results this year............ looks like almost total agreement with all the decisions.Come on now Bill. You can't have been in agreement with all the places. After all, I got one!! :wink:

Trampy

Rachel
10th-March-2004, 04:55 PM
Anyone else notice a difference with the results this year............ looks like almost total agreement with all the decisions.

Emma, James & Melanie, Scintilating Sinners et al................ must say something about what a great job the judges did on the day.

Will everyone say the same after London ?????? :rolleyes: :na: Well ... I'm afraid I didn't agree with them for the most part. But then, that's nothing unusual.

Actually, I agree mostly with those who were placed - in the intermediates particularly, and I've rarely seen such a stunning display as James and Melanie's dancing. But there were many many people who I thought were soooo unlucky - David and Bryony espcially, and Chris and Jayne, and the swing'ish couple in the advanced ...

I can't believe I missed seeing the winning Scottish showcases!!!!! Honestly, what a time to leave the venue! Can't wait to see them on video now ... Someone gave me an in-depth description of Scintillating Siners and it sounds absolutely spectacular.

Are any of you/any of the teams entering the London Champs?
Rachel

TheTramp
10th-March-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
and the swing'ish couple in the advanced ... I spoke to one of the judges about them, because I thought that they were very good too. What she basically told me, was that they danced in exactly the same way to both tracks that they had (in the first and second rounds), and that their style didn't suit the music.

From my POV, they were very smooth though, and very good musicality. I didn't think that they did a lot of 'big' moves though, so maybe, while scoring well in some areas, they didn't do so well in the technical marks.....

Are any of you Originally we were only thinking about it. But now, after Saturday, Hayley and I are going to give it a go... :D

Trampy

Bill
10th-March-2004, 05:30 PM
Come on now Bill. You can't have been in agreement with all the places. After all, I got one!! :wink:

Trampy

well I did say 'almost all' ....................... :D :na:

Think I agree with almost all of the winners but still feel that Hazel & John danced well enough to win the Seniors......and maybe one other category I might take issue with........:rolleyes: ......and feel that Linz, Karen and Yvonne deserved to be placed.

Apart from that I wouldn't complain. :cheers:

Rachel
10th-March-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally we were only thinking about it. But now, after Saturday, Hayley and I are going to give it a go... :D

Trampy Excellent news!!
R.

ChrisA
10th-March-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp re the "swingish couple"
I spoke to Nina about them, because I thought that they were very good too.
Asif and Jane?

I thought they danced very nicely together... Jane is very much a Lindy dancer (I don't really know her at all well), though she jives very nicely, and Asif taxis with me at Twickenham.

He's registered here, but I haven't seen him post yet. He's a very relaxed, very musical dancer with a tendency to a swing style, not often given to big flashy moves, though he's very capable of doing drops and seducers very safely, very musically, and in a way that obviously feels nice to his partners. If you see him around, ladies, you should definitely get a dance with him.

I was talking to him about the comp on Monday, and he told me they'd had very little practice, and entered mostly for fun - so if you're around Asif, a big up to you both for going for it and getting even to the 2nd round.

Chris :cheers:

TheTramp
10th-March-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
Asif and Jane?Actually, I thought that Rachel would almost certainly know Asif, so thought that, like me, she meant the chap in the black hat, black outfit, with red braces. Least, that's the one I meant.

Very smooth. Although, I'd agree that he probably only has the one style of dancing.

Trampy

Jive Brummie
10th-March-2004, 06:43 PM
Right guys, after such a fantastic weekend not only for melanie and i but for my folks aswell, my mom has penned a wee note of thanks to you all...here it is:

"Hello Ceroc Scotland, what a fantastic weekend we had with you in Blackpool and one we shall never forget. It was great to meet you all and your warm welcome was much appreciated.
Thank you all so much for all your comments, and your obvious love and support for james and melanie - our pride knows no bounds, we were completely overwhelmed by it all.

Congratulations to you all on your successes, we felt priveleged to be 'Scots-for-a-day'.

Ceroc Scotland...we salute you,

much love and good wishes,

Linda & John Lees"

.........so there you go...I think it's fair to say they both had a good day. Thanks from melanie and I to everyone that made them so welcome...you guys are fantastic........

James....:cheers:

Dancing Veela
10th-March-2004, 11:52 PM

I can't believe I missed seeing the winning Scottish showcases!!!!! Honestly, what a time to leave the venue! Can't wait to see them on video now ... Someone gave me an in-depth description of Scintillating Siners and it sounds absolutely spectacular.

Are any of you/any of the teams entering the London Champs?
Rachel

Thanks for your comments on the SS routine.

I'm afraid Wendy and I and the rest of the sinners will not be Scintillating in London - venue isn't that good and it would be a real pain to get our doors down to London.

There is a chance we will be performing down in England in the not too distant future (if the whole team can make it) - keep an eye on other threads. Your other option is to come up to the Scottish comp where we will be performing it again in the HOPE of winning that as well :wink:

DVx

Sheepman
11th-March-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela
the sinners will not be Scintillating in London - venue isn't that good Yet again Hammersmith is losing out, I was on the verge of cracking, and deciding to go, especially if your team was performing, and if Emma and partner were going to be doing their Showcase.

So for now I'll stick to my original decision.

Greg

Tiggerbabe
11th-March-2004, 02:05 PM
and the swing'ish couple in the advanced ...

Totally agree Rachel, I thought this couple were fab and IMHO thought their musical interpretation and smooth style was second to none, I'm really surprised they didn't make it to the final!

I had hoped to catch the guy for a dance in the evening but unfortunately never quite made it. :D

Does no-one know who they were?
:kiss:

Minnie M
11th-March-2004, 02:55 PM
Asif and Jane were wearing white tops and 'Ceroc Orange' trousers.

Chicklet
11th-March-2004, 05:34 PM
Lucy and Toaster boy!!!

Chicklet
11th-March-2004, 05:35 PM
Men (and ladeeees) in Black (pool)

Chicklet
11th-March-2004, 05:36 PM
aahhh sweet

Chicklet
11th-March-2004, 05:37 PM
sorry, my sizing is somewhat awry...if you fix it Franck then I'll promise not to post the naked one!!!!!:eek:

Bardsey
11th-March-2004, 05:48 PM
sorry, my sizing is somewhat awry...if you fix it Franck then I'll promise not to post the naked one!!!!!:eek:

Quick, chickie, post it before he does the amendments!!!!!

Chicklet
11th-March-2004, 05:52 PM
I'll bring it to Stockport and show you it when you are standing near a couch so you can swoon :rofl: there might be children watching around here!!!!!

maybe I should say I'll not post it so long as I get a special tag line???!! *hint hint*

Aleks
11th-March-2004, 05:55 PM
Can you bring it on Sat please - this I HAVE to see!:drool:

Dreadful Scathe
11th-March-2004, 05:57 PM
naked Franck pics ? ill pass :) i have a couple of mediocre pics i can post later too...

Chicklet
11th-March-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
naked Franck pics ? ill pass :) i have a couple of mediocre pics i can post later too...
:tears: :blush: I know they aren't very good but they are the best I've got and at least I'M SHARING!!!!!!

Pammy
11th-March-2004, 06:01 PM
Great pics!

Come on everyone else, post yours :grin:

Sheepman
11th-March-2004, 06:41 PM
Lucy and Toaster boy!!! I think I've missed something here, there was me thinking it was Wendy that did "that thing" to me on Saturday night, but now I find it was Lucy, and I don't even know her :really: are they twins?

Greg

PS Sorry, the rest of my pics will have to wait till I get back from skiing.

Mary
11th-March-2004, 06:49 PM
Greg, Tony and I have just had another look at the pic - that's Wendy.

Chicklet - what are you on?!!!!!:devil: Or are we all :confused: :confused: Great to see you on Saturday BTW - shame we didn't have much chance for a gossip!:hug:

M

Chicklet
12th-March-2004, 10:02 AM
Greg, sorry for the confusement!!(sic) there's only ONE WEEGIE WENDY!!!!

Mary sweetie pie of the south I's just high on life!!! (and two pairs of NEW SHOES!!!!:what: :waycool: )

Ems these are officialy Stuart's Porn Trousers. He says they can be seen in videos other than official dance ones but I'm not convinced, what's the line from Grease "Too Pure to be Porn"???:devil:

Stuart, :kiss:

Sheepman
12th-March-2004, 01:48 PM
there's only ONE WEEGIE WENDY!!!! I never really doubted that for a moment :really: I just got confused with the Lucy moniker - I browse with avatars off.

Greg

Mary
12th-March-2004, 07:26 PM
I never really doubted that for a moment :really: I just got confused with the Lucy moniker - I browse with avatars off.

Greg

Doh. Penny's dropped. Never really watched Peanuts. Sorry Chicklet - we're a sad bunch!!:blush: Do you know if the choice of blue was pertinent as well?:wink:

M

Jive Brummie
13th-March-2004, 04:57 PM
If anyone's interested, there's a few piccies on the chance two dance website just now of this years comp.

James........:clap: :clap:

Graham
14th-March-2004, 02:40 PM
Here's another chance to see the toaster-boy in action. Oh, and his lovely partner.

Graham
14th-March-2004, 02:44 PM
Surprised nobody's commented on the streaker before now......

Jive Brummie
14th-March-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Surprised nobody's commented on the streaker before now......

.................jeekers.........how did I miss that!!!!!!!!!!:what: :what:

Fran
15th-March-2004, 12:20 AM
.................jeekers.........how did I miss that!!!!!!!!!!:what: :what:

and funnily enough so did Bill! - now why is that not a surprise:hug:

( i think its Lisa who is sitting next to Bill)

there was a streacker at Beach boogie once - during a blues night I think. he ran straight past me and I still did'nt notice anthing amiss!!!

Bill
15th-March-2004, 12:49 AM
and funnily enough so did Bill! - now why is that not a surprise:hug:

( i think its Lisa who is sitting next to Bill)

there was a streacker at Beach boogie once - during a blues night I think. he ran straight past me and I still did'nt notice anthing amiss!!!

Is that me....recognised Lisa but that old git on the side ...me ...but he has grey hair..oops ..so do I ..........:D :rolleyes:

so this is why your phone was engaged earlier !!!!!

and I remember the streake...it was a warm night but still not a great deal to attract attention :whistle: :innocent: :na:

Paul F
15th-March-2004, 12:51 AM

Leave the poor guy alone............it might have been cold :grin:

:devil: oops! ....is that a bit racey for this topic mods??

Tiggerbabe
15th-March-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Paul F
............it might have been cold :grin:

:devil: oops! ....is that a bit racey for this topic mods??

nope - absolutely fine! we don't mind a little discussion about the weather :wink:

Pammy
15th-March-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Paul F
Leave the poor guy alone............it might have been cold :grin:

You only said cold. Had you have said freezing I think I might have blushed :innocent:

Fran
15th-March-2004, 05:46 PM
You only said cold. Had you have said freezing I think I might have blushed :innocent:

.....then there would have been even less to see:whistle:

I dont think he was a dancer though. a "normal holiday person" on the camp.

Fran
15th-March-2004, 05:53 PM
Is that me....recognised Lisa but that old git on the side ...me ...but he has grey hair..oops ..so do I ..........:D :rolleyes:

so this is why your phone was engaged earlier !!!!!

I would recognise your head - the earing is twinkling away. anyway, its not grey bits ... its distinguished bits :wink:

I was working .. honest!!

actually I was now I come to think, - down loading images for a S1 time chart because I cant down load them at school because of the over sensiative filter. apparently even BBC sites on cavemen are considered unsuitable for children!!!???? :confused:

thats my moan for today. :what:

LilyB
15th-March-2004, 06:37 PM
Sorry for being a week later than everyone else, but I do wish to add my thanks and congratulations to everyone involved in the absolutely fabulous event at Blackpool last Saturday - from the organisers to fellow competitors to members of the audience. We were so chuffed by all the support we received, including from our noisy Scottish friends! :flower: :cheers:

Apologies for missing out on dances with lots of people I was promising myself I wouldn't let escape this time (including one BTC person from Dundee :drool:, the one & only kilted Frenchman :waycool:, Trampy, Gus, DS, etc. . . . :tears: :tears: :tears: ). My excuse is stress & exhaustion - next time I ain't doing a showcase, especially not the last one of the day!!! :sick:

I can't wait to see the video/DVD - was soooo stressed out throughout the day that I missed watching most of the competition. :sad:

I think next year I'll come to my senses and just spectate. :rofl:

LilyB

Lisa
17th-March-2004, 01:27 PM
Gee Wiz :o :eek: :o :o :eek: :o
Graham… you know I was wearing a smile eh?

Lisa x

TheTramp
17th-March-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Lisa
Gee Wiz :o :eek: :o :o :eek: :o
Graham… you know I was wearing a smile eh?

Lisa x And are you going to model this outfit at Peterculter any time soon then Lisa??

I'll play any requests that you have if you do!! :whistle:

Trampy

Dan Hudson
17th-March-2004, 02:44 PM
And are you going to model this outfit at Peterculter any time soon then Lisa??

I'll play any requests that you have if you do!! :whistle:

Trampy

Lisa ... ask for the Mavericks:whistle: :devil:

Lisa
17th-March-2004, 04:22 PM
[B]And are you going to model this outfit at Peterculter any time soon then Lisa??

I model that outfit all the time... I just accessorize!

Lisa x

Lisa
17th-March-2004, 04:24 PM
Lisa ... ask for the Mavericks:whistle: :devil:

Followed by his other favourite, Shania Twain!!! Oooh.........where's my earplugs?

Lisa x

TheTramp
17th-March-2004, 04:35 PM
If Lisa is going to bare all, I will play the Mavericks, followed by Shania Twain, followed by Dancing in the Moonlight, and Brown-eyed girl, and even some Sophie E-B and Kylie.

I might wear earplugs though!! :flower:

Trampy

Lisa
17th-March-2004, 05:21 PM
If Lisa is going to bare all, I will play the Mavericks, followed by Shania Twain, followed by Dancing in the Moonlight, and Brown-eyed girl, and even some Sophie E-B and Kylie.

Shush!!!! You’re describing my worst nightmare. If you wanna see me "bare all" then invent a time machine and let us all experience another great weekend in Blackpool! :kiss:

Special belated congratulations to James and Mel :worthy: (that pair have sooooo got that magic spark!); Steve and Hayley :worthy: (winning combination!); Bill, Fran & Dee :worthy: (congrats…you should have come first!). The 3 Scottish caberets were all bl**dy brilliant! Looking forward to seeing them again. The best part though was the OUTSTANDING Scottish Camaraderie!

Right this sugary a**e is going to do some science today!

Lisa xx

TheTramp
17th-March-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Lisa
Shush!!!! You’re describing my worst nightmare. If you wanna see me "bare all" then invent a time machine and let us all experience another great weekend in Blackpool! :kiss: Would probably be easier to invent X-Ray specs :whistle: :flower:

Trampy

Sheepman
22nd-March-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by LilyB
I think next year I'll come to my senses and just spectate. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Lily goes into retirement again!!
:rofl: :rofl:
Greg

Bill
26th-March-2004, 03:29 PM
Just seen the scores from the comp and some fascinating results.

:na: :grin:

Hadn't realised that the most emphatic winners on the day were Clayton and Jenine. Thought it might have been a little closer between them and Lily and Viktor but judges decided otherwise. Given that 10 marks seems to be the closest margin then also some very close decisions as well but thought J & M had won the Intermediate more convincingly than the marks suggest. Also thought the airsteps was more clear cut ............obviously I'll never make a judge :D :whistle:

Was it only 3 weeks ago ???????????????

Bill
28th-March-2004, 01:33 AM
p.s. ...what happened to the DWAS results ???????

Minnie M
28th-March-2004, 11:09 AM
:confused: I didn't see Mr. Sheepman in the airsteps:confused: - did you do a quick change of partner Mary :confused:

Mary
28th-March-2004, 12:48 PM
:confused: I didn't see Mr. Sheepman in the airsteps:confused: - did you do a quick change of partner Mary :confused:

That would have been leading the lamb to the slaughter!!!:devil: :wink:

M

Sheepman
29th-March-2004, 10:15 AM
:confused: I didn't see Mr. Sheepman in the airsteps I was a bit shocked when we arrived at the check in desk, to discover that I was entered for the air steps! (I'm not going to mention the injuries again, - oops, I just did.)

Maybe we need a new category, DWAS air steps! :wink:
That would have kept the St John's Ambulance people busy!

Greg

jiveclone
29th-March-2004, 01:14 PM
Maybe we need a new category, DWAS air steps! :wink:
That would have kept the St John's Ambulance people busy!

Greg

Some of the Australian competitions allow airsteps in DWAS.
Do they have an equivalent of St Johns to keep busy?

Jayne
29th-March-2004, 01:44 PM
Just seen the scores from the comp and some fascinating results.
Agreed - some interesting reading in here (http://www.chancetwodance.co.uk/winners_points_postitions_2004.html)...

Was it only 3 weeks ago ???????????????
Surely not! That must mean that it's nearly Hammersmith time... :whistle:

J :nice:

Sheepman
29th-March-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
That must mean that it's nearly Hammersmith time... But you and I are not going to that, are you??

Greg