PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Comp 2004

Scot
5th-March-2004, 10:08 AM
Details can be found at

www.ceroc.info

Info much the same as last year slight mod to the Advanced Category.

For those of you down south wanting to make a week of it the Edinburgh festival starts 15th

Charity this year is The PBC Foundation (UK) Ltd which is a nationwide charity providing information, support and help to sufferers of PBC and those close to them.

PBC (Primary Biliary Cirrhosis) is a relentlessly progressive condition, which has no known cause, or cure, and there is no acknowledged medication to halt its progression. There is very little by way of medication to treat the symptoms of PBC and not all patients may respond positively. PBC is considered to be an autoimmune liver disease and is one of the main reasons for liver transplantion, although. PBC can and does return in a few. 90% of PBC sufferers are women and it is thought to affect one in one thousand.

As always it is not about the Comp it is about the Charity so anyway you can promote it would be appreciated

Stuart M
5th-March-2004, 10:37 AM
Worth pointing out that the PBC Foundation has a good website at http://www.pbcfoundation.org.uk/

Excellent cause IMO.

"We were just warming up for Musselburgh" - hey, another excuse to use after Blackpool...:grin:

John S
5th-March-2004, 10:59 AM
For anyone who is too lazy to access the website, the venue is the Brunton Hall in Musselburgh again, and the date is:

SATURDAY 14 AUGUST

with the pre-Comp party on the Friday night.

Dreadful Scathe
9th-March-2004, 09:41 PM
Sounds like a good idea. If I enter every single catagory will I stand a better chance of winning something :D.

can we have a general knowledge round ?

Dr. Feelgood
9th-March-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Scot
As always it is not about the Comp it is about the Charity so anyway you can promote it would be appreciated
So what exactly is the connection between the competition and the charity? e.g. do all proceeds from the competition go to the charity?

Stuart M
10th-March-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
can we have a general knowledge round ?
Yes - but if you think you'll be able to win by answering "smurf" to everything, and claiming that it's the right answer in smurfish, you've got another think coming...:na:

John S
10th-March-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Feelgood
So what exactly is the connection between the competition and the charity? e.g. do all proceeds from the competition go to the charity?
It's up to Scot to give the definitive answer, but I believe that has been the practice in previous years, with everyone involved in the organising and judging giving their time free.

If that's the case again then I guess the only significant outlays would be on the hall hire, the printing/publicity and the prizes - otherwise all revenues would go to the charity. Last year I believe there was about £7k raised, which was SUPERB!

Gadget
10th-March-2004, 03:35 PM
I am considering entering the intermediate... any ladies from Aberdeen want to partner up with me and give it a go? :flower: (I would extend the invitation further afield, but I want at least a couple of practices before the comp :wink: )

Bill
10th-March-2004, 03:39 PM
[(I would extend the invitation further afield, but I want at least a couple of practices before the comp :wink [/B][/QUOTE]

well you could go for the Davidb and Denise approach and just turn up on the day..........or Trampy meeting up the night before. Who needs practice eh :sick: :na:

Gus
10th-March-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Bill
well you could go for the Davidb and Denise approach and just turn up on the day..........or Trampy meeting up the night before. Who needs practice eh :sick: :na:

Must admit that I liked the sound of that ... had sort of thought of coming up and taking part with Helen but the idea of just grabbing someone on the day would add a bit more fun to the proceedings and avoid the temptation to take it too seriously.

Jayne
10th-March-2004, 03:54 PM
The whole comp will be a giant lucky dip at this rate!!

At least that would get round the problem of people entering inappropriate categories...

J :wink:

Pammy
10th-March-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
At least that would get round the problem of advanced dancers in the intermediate.... :devil:

That's advanced weirdos to you :wink:

Rachel
10th-March-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
I am considering entering the intermediate... any ladies from Aberdeen want to partner up with me and give it a go? :flower: (I would extend the invitation further afield, but I want at least a couple of practices before the comp :wink: ) Sure you won't extend the invite, Gadget???

I'd like to do this, and I'd like to find a partner, if anyone will have me. I wouldn't mind waiting til the day to find someone, because this is definitely going to be for the fun of it only. Though, as Jayne says, it could all end up as one big lucky dip!

BTW, I take it, it would be fine - etiquette-wise - for me to do intermediate here? I was only in the advanced in Blackpool by default really, cos of Marc. Only, for Scotland, he's got a seriously excellent partner lined up!!!

Do you think we could perhaps have a 'Find competition partner' thread?
Rachel

Bardsey
10th-March-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Sure you won't extend the invite, Gadget???

Rachel

Can you put me on the list then please?:flower:

Bill
10th-March-2004, 05:03 PM
BTW, I take it, it would be fine - etiquette-wise - for me to do intermediate here?
Rachel

only if you don't win :D :rolleyes: :na:

TheTramp
10th-March-2004, 05:07 PM
I was only in the advanced in Blackpool by default really, cos of Marc. Only, for Scotland, he's got a seriously excellent partner lined up!!!
Oh. C'mon Rachel. Who?!?

Please don't tell me that it's Emma!!! :tears:

Trampy

Rachel
10th-March-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Bill
only if you don't win :D :rolleyes: :na: hardly likely!!!
R xx

Rachel
10th-March-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Oh. C'mon Rachel. Who?!?

Please don't tell me that it's Emma!!! :tears:

Trampy Nope - not Emma, but she's just as amazing a dancer. Stunning! And one of the loveliest women I've ever met. But it's not my place to tell...
R.

Gadget
10th-March-2004, 05:57 PM
Sure you won't extend the invite, Gadget???
You know what: I have written and re-written this reply, changing between "awww shucks :blush:", "love to but can't :tears:", and "no practice :sick:" excuses.

...But...

I think that I will put my money where my mouth is and test the theorys I keep spouting about MJ being a led dance where the skill in leading and listening are more important than practicing micro-routines with a partner.
... just need to brush up on these skills and I'll be set... :sick::D

If the offer is still on the table I would be honoured to partner you in either intermediate or advanced. :flower:

Bardsey: Fancy doing the open for a laugh? :Flower:

Bardsey
10th-March-2004, 06:07 PM

Bardsey: Fancy doing the open for a laugh? :Flower:

Yes why not, I'm game if you are!

Gareth
10th-March-2004, 06:28 PM
I had a peek at the application form, I could`nt see any Spotlight category. Am I right? I had been drinking copious amounts of alchol by that point :D

TheTramp
10th-March-2004, 06:33 PM
Nope. You're right. There's never been a Spotlight (or whatever you want to call it) category at the Scottish champs.

I think that Scot has (probably quite rightly) decided that he's unlikely to get many Scottish entries. Great teams up here, but not so hot on performing individually....

Trampy

fruitcake
10th-March-2004, 11:56 PM

Rachel

BRILLIANT idea, Rachel, or we're all gonna be fightin' over poor gadget!
I might start a thread tomorra , but am off to bed now, so if anyone else wants to.......
Fruitcake!!:worthy:

Dancing Veela
10th-March-2004, 11:58 PM
Nope. .
Great teams up here, but not so hot on performing individually....

Trampy

No Steve it's just that we are really modest people and don't like showing off - MUCH!

Pammy
11th-March-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Bardsey
Yes why not, I'm game if you are!

Eye Eye :yum: what's all this then??? :wink: :rofl:

Gadget
11th-March-2004, 12:11 PM
:what: ...Oh dear... I need to dig myself out of a hole now; I knew that the 14th rang a bell somewhere in my head - it was only when my wife pointed out the date that I realised it was her birthday!! :blush:

Any ideas what to get her to compensate for me going out and having fun while she's stuck at home with the kids? {and I'm not a millionare}

Pamster: I have no idea what you're talking about :innocent:

Scot
11th-March-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Feelgood

Sorry for not responding sooner not on much

Once the costs are extracted Hall, Paperwork, decoration, prizes, sound equipment, van hire etc all proceeds from the competition go to charity. By far and away the biggest cost is the hall though this year I had to pay a couple of staff to man the coats due to volunteers being unavailable and we had to buy curtains for the Windows. Big Windows had real fun putting them up. All other staff time is free and I am very grateful to them for it especially Fran who always puts a massive amount of effort in then competes and wins pretty good going

As John indicated the proceeds to Charity this year were 6,730 + 300 from a lady in Roysth who got sponsorship.

Hopefully if you were not there lastyear you will make the effort and go this year everything helps

Bardsey
11th-March-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
Eye Eye :yum: what's all this then??? :wink: :rofl:

Never you mind, Miss Pamster :rofl:

:Pamster: I have no idea what you're talking about :innocent:

That's okay, neither has she :whistle: :rofl:

Pammy
11th-March-2004, 05:06 PM
Any ideas what to get her to compensate for me going out and having fun while she's stuck at home with the kids? {and I'm not a millionare}

Bring them with to cheer you on :hug:

Bardsey
11th-March-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
Bring them with to cheer you on :hug:

Yes, great idea! Can you think of a better present than making her laugh so much she falls off her chair, when she watches me fall flat on my a*se trying to dance in the Open......erm I hope that's a joke and I'm not jinxing us :rofl:

CJ
12th-March-2004, 10:39 AM
Firstly, to Scot and the Ceroc Edinburgh Organisation for recognising the work of The PBC Foundation, and seeing we still need a lot of support to continue our work. The choosing of our charity means a lot to me, personally, as well as to our members.

Thanks, too, to Stuart for the plug!!

I just cannot believe I'm not going to be there!! Family member's 65th, booked a family cruise which will be great, but........:tears: :( Shall see where we dock, and look into early return home by flight...

Anyway, just wanted to extend some personal "thank you"s.

Your humble CJ.
:worthy:

Rachel
12th-March-2004, 12:55 PM
:what: ...Oh dear... I need to dig myself out of a hole now; I knew that the 14th rang a bell somewhere in my head - it was only when my wife pointed out the date that I realised it was her birthday!! :blush:

Honestly Gadget!!! You're not really going out and leaving her on her birthday, are you? Seriously??? Well, all I can say is, you'd better get her something really good - you know, like a few days away somewhere special, just the two of you, etc etc.

And if you're still going to the competition, I'd be more than happy to enter with you. However, no offence will be taken if you find someone a bit closer who you could practise with! We can just see how it goes ...!
Rachel x

Gadget
12th-March-2004, 01:19 PM
Honestly Gadget!!! You're not really going out and leaving her on her birthday, are you? Seriously??? {:confused:... It's not my fault she dosn't dance :innocent:}Well, all I can say is, you'd better get her something really good - you know, like a few days away somewhere special, just the two of you, etc etc.
I thought the idea was to get her something she would like? :devil:
{Pammey/Bardsey: I would take everyone along, but I want to limit the warping of my children's minds too much...:wink:... not by yourself you understand, but who knows what dredges of society might turn up? :innocent:}

And if you're still going to the competition, I'd be more than happy to enter with you.{Woo hoo :clap:} However, no offence will be taken if you find someone a bit closer who you could practise with! We can just see how it goes ...!
Rachel x
Naaa - who needs practice :what::sick:...

...:blush: Rachel is used to being led by Marc and a few of the Hip***rs {<- it really should be made into a sweary word on the forum :wink:} masses... anyone know how I can get good enough to do her justice?

TheTramp
12th-March-2004, 01:23 PM
:blush: Rachel is used to being led by Marc and a few of the Hip***rs {<- it really should be made into a sweary word on the forum :wink:} masses... anyone know how I can get good enough to do her justice? Ummm. No :wink:

Trampy

Gadget
12th-March-2004, 02:47 PM
Ummm. No :wink:
:tears: :tears:

Dance Demon
12th-March-2004, 05:14 PM
Spoke to Scot last night at Marcos, and offered my services as a DJ, which he has accepted:waycool: .....so looks like I'll be doing a stint on the decks at the pre comp party on the Friday night:clap: .....

Heather
12th-March-2004, 05:52 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Looking forward to that !!!!!

:kiss: :hug:
Heather,
XX

Lindsay
6th-July-2004, 05:18 PM
Nope. You're right. There's never been a Spotlight (or whatever you want to call it) category at the Scottish champs. I think that Scot has (probably quite rightly) decided that he's unlikely to get many Scottish entries. Great teams up here, but not so hot on performing individually....

Trampy

Think there's a fair few entries now into spotlight, not sure if they're from Scotland tho'.... Any idea who?
And also, does anyone know who will be judging this year?
:)
Lindsay

Franck
26th-July-2004, 11:54 AM
Think there's a fair few entries now into spotlight, not sure if they're from Scotland tho'.... Any idea who?
And also, does anyone know who will be judging this year?Can't wait to see some of the couples who are entering the spotlights :D

As for judges, Scot will have a full list, but most of the teachers in Scotland are helping out, as well as a couple of 'surprise' guest judges :wink:

I am so glad I'll be there this year (even if I'm coming back from holiday a day earlier), I really missed being there last year.

Are there any more Southern friends visiting / competing this year? Or are you all afraid of the Scots? :whistle:

Whatever else it is, and whoever wins, the day will be a fab party, with loads of dancing, many friends, the (in)famous Scottish exhuberance, enthusiasm and hospitality, and as ever a great fund-raising opportunity for Ceroc Jock's charity, The PBC foundation...

So go on, get moving and book your tickets, you know you want to! :D
You can download the pdf application by clicking on the link below.

Mary
26th-July-2004, 08:42 PM
yeehar Franck. Glad you're going to be there. Hope you get your usual strategic spot again - but I don't think I'll be 'flashing' this time!!!! :blush:

Hey Gus - I'll partner you as we didn't get to dance when I came to Northwich a few weeks ago. :whistle:

Really looking forward to the weekend - apart from being nervous - well petrified really :sick:

C'mon Rachel you HAVE to tell us who Marc is going to be partnering :worthy:

Only 2 and half weeks to go!!!!!

M

Scot
27th-July-2004, 02:50 PM
In addition to the other catagories 3 couples have entered the showcase this was not advertised but by request has been included.

I do not get out much so I do not recognise their names but I am sure they will be brillant.

Tiggerbabe
27th-July-2004, 03:34 PM
I do not get out much :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DavidY
28th-July-2004, 09:12 PM
Are there any more Southern friends visiting / competing this year?Yep, I should be there. :) I've only entered the Lucky Dip competition though.

skippy
1st-August-2004, 11:30 AM
looking forward to this year apart from the lack of men wishing to take part in the events. it's all for fun and taking part while raising money for charity. Scot and his team have worked every hard over the last two years and I hope that everyone will support a worthy charity again. it's all about fun and smiling don't think of it as a competition. :tears: :nice: :)

Emma
1st-August-2004, 11:46 AM
I too am lucky dipping (or will be if I ever get around to sending off the form - oops!) :)

skippy
1st-August-2004, 11:47 AM
I like the sound of that, it would make it very interesting to see how good peolpe really are cause you're only as good as you want to be no matter how advanced you are that's why lucky dip is so much fun!!!

Lindsay
5th-August-2004, 04:53 PM
In the double trouble section, can your feet leave the floor (in exchange for, say, your hands) :whistle:

Forte
5th-August-2004, 11:23 PM
In the double trouble section, can your feet leave the floor (in exchange for, say, your hands) :whistle:

What are you plotting , missy! :what: I am plucking up the courage to enter the lucky dip for the first time... :grin:

Scot
6th-August-2004, 11:20 AM

Yes as long as contact is maintained within 8 beats.

I assume you will not be wearing skirts then

Scot

Lindsay
6th-August-2004, 04:54 PM
I assume you will not be wearing skirts then
Ermmm... good point, best not to!

Forte... do it- what's the worst that can happen??
See you there X

Yogi_Bear
8th-August-2004, 04:19 PM
I'm thinking of making an eleventh hour decision and coming the the Scottish comp for the weekend (oops, passed the deadlline so might need to talk to someone nicely). I don't fancy tring to find a single room in a B&B at such short notice, but is anyone willing to consider offering a floor/sofa to sllep on for Friday and Saturday nights? I could bring sleeping bag, Thermarest, etc. If so please either send me a pm (for preference ) or reply here.. References available if required :) :cheers: :worthy:

skippy
8th-August-2004, 04:26 PM
Hi there
Sorry but I live too far away myself and have already booked a room for the friday but there no rooms anywhere for the Saturday. I wish you lots of luck in finding some where as it's really good fun and the atmosphere is great.
someone be nice and give up a bit of floor space!!
:worthy:
skippy

Emma
10th-August-2004, 05:56 PM
OK..who's going??
I'm getting all excited now, and I want to tantalise myself further by knowing who I am going to be watching and chasing around for dances (not necessarily at the same time!) :grin:

Tiggerbabe
10th-August-2004, 06:29 PM
Me, me, me *said tigger, whilst bouncing up and down* - It's official - I'm going :D :D :clap:

TheTramp
11th-August-2004, 01:50 AM
I'll be there too. As will Sparkles :D

Trampy

Jive Brummie
11th-August-2004, 09:19 AM
Melanie and I are going.....

and we'll be bringing Marc & Rachel :clap: :worthy:

x x

Scot
11th-August-2004, 09:41 AM
You will have to get past the bouncer on the door first and she is quite formidable.

Seriously if people are attending can you please let us know in advance of turning up. The morning will be quite busy it will be much better if we know in advance that you are coming so that we can prepare your tickets and information packs into a nice neat envelope

If you are attending and plan to pay at the door. Please email me at Dance@ceroc.info with your Name and Tel No.. Number of Tickets you require.

If you are Male and entering the Lucky dip please let us know.

I do not think that should be optional for you James.

Melanie and I are going.....

and we'll be bringing Marc & Rachel :clap: :worthy:

x x

Stuart M
11th-August-2004, 01:07 PM
OK..who's going??

Me!

Save me a dance, Em... :grin:

Forte
11th-August-2004, 02:11 PM
Me...I am going (and will bring the extra £10 I owe you, Scot after making a mess of my application. :blush: )

Little Em
11th-August-2004, 02:19 PM
Me...I am going (and will bring the extra £10 I owe you, Scot after making a mess of my application. :blush: )

Your not the only one!!! i made a BIG boo boo with our app form...oops!! :blush:

me & al will b there....dont really know many peeps so i will b trying to make as many new cerocer friends as possible!!!!! :clap: :flower:

i cant wait now!!! we fly up on the fri an dont go back till mon!!! :clap:

sat will be GREAT!!!!!!12 hours of dancing , competition , and fantastic dancers...phew well thats my idea of heaven¬!!!!!! :cheers:

see you all there... x x x x little em x

Emma
11th-August-2004, 02:27 PM
Me!

Save me a dance, Em... :grin:You're on :D

Mary
11th-August-2004, 02:31 PM
Tone & I will be there. Can't wait to see all those lovely friends we've made in Scotland. I guess it will be fun to see some of those southern jessies we know too. :whistle: :wink:

Rachel, make sure Marc saves a dance with me, have had some brill ones with him recently (unless it was the wine I had that made that illusion!)

See you all there.

Counting the hours now (well, almost)

M

Rachel
11th-August-2004, 03:39 PM
Tone & I will be there. Can't wait to see all those lovely friends we've made in Scotland. I guess it will be fun to see some of those southern jessies we know too. :whistle: :wink:

Rachel, make sure Marc saves a dance with me, have had some brill ones with him recently (unless it was the wine I had that made that illusion!)

See you all there.

Counting the hours now (well, almost)

M I will make sure Marc saves you at least 1 dance! Must admit, I always have wine when I'm dancing - not sure it does my dancing any good, but it doesn't half feel good.

However ... at Blackpool this year, I was so scared at competing (first time in a big comp), I couldn't eat anything all day before our heat (which, unfortunately, was quite late on). And I'd been drinking wine constantly since waking up to try and subdue the nerves somewhat ... I must have been so far gone by the time we got up to dance!

But this time I'm determined not to do the same. If anyone sees me with a drink in my hand before the competiton is over, please feel free to take it off me!

Nerves aside, though, I'm soooo excited - can't wait to see you all again!
Rachel

Dance Demon
11th-August-2004, 05:03 PM
Hope you are all coming to the Friday night party too...I've heard that it's a guest DJ and hes quiite good....... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :innocent:

Stuart M
11th-August-2004, 06:20 PM
You're on :D
No, the burning smell is actually DD's turntables. :waycool:

Thinks: wonder if I could get a toaster reference into every post between now and the BFG?

Emma
11th-August-2004, 06:23 PM
Thinks: wonder if I could get a toaster reference into every post between now and the BFG? Please god nooooooo ;)

Sheepman
12th-August-2004, 01:56 PM
Good luck to Mary and Tony in Musselburgh, and to all the other Southern jessies, and to all my Scots firends, and . . .

I guess it's easier to say good luck to everyone! I hope you have a great time.

Greg

Gus
12th-August-2004, 02:21 PM
Anything happening on Sunday .... post-moterm of the competition, drowning sorrows, celebrating, taking about sparkling shoes etc. etc.

Little Em
12th-August-2004, 02:24 PM
Anything happening on Sunday .... post-moterm of the competition, drowning sorrows, celebrating, taking about sparkling shoes etc. etc.

OOOH i dont know of anything but i hope so!!!! :clap:

does anybody else know??? :kiss:

Chicklet
12th-August-2004, 02:36 PM
taking about sparkling shoes etc. etc. :what: :confused: most of the shoes will have been there before and seen the sights already.

Chicklet
12th-August-2004, 02:45 PM
serious suggestion - a trip to Roslyn Chapel and the mysteries within???

Tiggerbabe
12th-August-2004, 09:55 PM
A beautiful place Chicklet and well worth a visit for the "apprentice's pillar" alone :D
I'm sure they still hold services on Sundays though, so might be worth phoning first to see when you are allowed to look round. :hug: :kiss:

p.s. sparkly shoes are always worth a conversation or two (strokeable trousers anyone? :whistle: :whistle: )

ElaineB
13th-August-2004, 07:46 PM
Best of luck all of you entering!! :clap: :clap: Wish I could be there too :tears: - well maybe next year!!!

Looking forward to hearing about the shoes - you know, who won the sparkliest, the best fitting, the ones with the most straps.......... :rofl:

Elaine

Dance Demon
14th-August-2004, 12:47 AM

Fringe Sunday is on in The Meadows, in Edinburgh. Loads of acts frm the festival fringe.......usually a great day, and possibly some edinburgh Cerocers going along......

CJ
15th-August-2004, 08:34 AM
Hope you are all coming to the Friday night party too...I've heard that it's a guest DJ and hes quiite good....... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :innocent:

Who did you get to sub in for you, DD?!?

:wink:

You know my thoughts... thank you!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

Anyway: no news yet:

HOW WAS IT????????????????????????????????????

Dance Demon
15th-August-2004, 09:55 AM
Great event CJ.....everyone had a ball....lots of fun...and no really controversial results that I can think of ( others might think different.. :wink: ) other than there wre no second places...only winners.... :confused:

lucky Dip.......... David Chu & Nicola Gritton
Intermediate.......John & Hazel Lusby
Advanced............Phil & Yuko
Open.................James Lees & Melanie Hutton
Double Trouble......Lindsay Brown,Wendy Davitt, & Gill Jackson
Team cabaret........Mouth To Mouth (Edinburgh)
Spotlight was won by the couple who won at Blackpool ( can't remember their names :blush: but I'm sure someone will)
A very well organised event, and everything ran as near as dammit to time. Well done Scott and his team for all their efforts. can't remember how much was finally raised, but whatever it was I'm sure will be very gratefully recieved by the PBC foundation :waycool: :clap:

Tiggerbabe
15th-August-2004, 02:29 PM
Spotlight was won by the couple who won at Blackpool ( can't remember their names :blush: but I'm sure someone will)

Think, the winners were called Phil and Aleks Mottley (2nd in Blackpool?). :clap: :clap:

Sparkles
15th-August-2004, 02:41 PM
They also raised a hell of a lot of money for charity - about £6000 apparently :clap: :clap:

Tiggerbabe
15th-August-2004, 03:17 PM
What a fantastic day :D Huge congratulations to Scot and his crew (especially to Angela and Fran, who kept everything ticking along and didn't get to dance ). Also to the judges who worked their sox off, Alison had the results all sorted and posted in fine time :clap:

The winners though, were all of the people who attended :grin: - not sure of exact numbers, but it was great to see so many people from near and far (I didn't realise how close Dundee was to Gatwick :wink: )

I had so many wonderful dances :drool: both Friday night and Saturday - I'll be on a high for weeks.

Congratulations to all of the winners, I don't think anyone could argue with the results.

Have to say a special thankyou to my lucky dip partner - who got us into the 2nd round despite getting "It's Raining Men" (Gawd, I love that track :whistle: ), to Steven for dancing with me in the advanced :hug: and to Alex for allowing me to shoot him in the head every time we've danced the Sinners cabaret.
Also to the girls in the loos (you know who you are :wink: ) and to Sparkles for the nifty scissor work :flower:

Shock of the day has to be coming out from behind the screens in the cabaret and realising Dan had forgotten his t-shirt :eek: - (Will, you've been outdone).

John, great music Friday - thanks for playing the Maroon 5 track, it was superb.

Dance Demon
15th-August-2004, 03:22 PM
Shock of the day has to be coming out from behind the screens in the cabaret and realising Dan had forgotten his t-shirt :eek: - (Will, you've been outdone).

Best laugh of the day Sheena.......The look on the faces of the women as they changed partners, to find Dan showing off his six pack was priceless.....
:rofl: :rofl: .......and he showed true professionalism, by carrying on as if nothing had happened... :waycool:

Dance Demon
15th-August-2004, 03:25 PM
John, great music Friday - thanks for playing the Maroon 5 track, it was superb.
sorry...still not got the hang of this multi quote thing.... :blush:
No problems Sheena...it was my pleasure, and it certainly was popular......i've posted the playlist in the DJ booth..
:cheers:

skippy
15th-August-2004, 05:12 PM
I agree it does and did remind you of heaven. it was such a great party atmoshphere, lovely to meet so many peolpe and have some fab dances. (thanks to those I did manage to dance with and sorry for those I didn't get to dance with) :blush:
well done to everyone for taking part especially those people for the first time, it was my first time last year and it gets you hooked!!
Wasn't the show case just so.........breath taking. :worthy:
I just want to find myself a guy to dance with me.
Skippy :flower:

Mary
15th-August-2004, 05:37 PM
Just got back from a very exhausting and absolutely fabulous weekend. Great event and some great dancers. Thoroughly enjoyed the social side as well instead of just dancing all the time (did I really say JUST dancing!!!). Thanks guys (you know who I mean) for all being so welcoming (guys being a generic term before anyone gets hot under the collar).

Can't believe I got to dance with Marc in lucky dip :worthy: Those were some great dances mate (Rachel, tell him) - I must have let you down as I think you were robbed not coming first. :wink: But I still think well-deserved David Chu - some great dancing there.

Standard of the Open was quite phenomenal - I wanted everone to win. Rachel - you won't believe me but you looked fantastic, and gorgeous and everything else.

Anyway, I had a ball. Tony is still recovering!!!!

M

skippy
15th-August-2004, 05:37 PM
I agree it does and did remind you of heaven. it was such a great party atmoshphere, lovely to meet so many peolpe and have some fab dances. Thanks to Scot and his team for making the day so special and for raising so much money for charity.

Tiggerbabe
15th-August-2004, 05:52 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed the social side as well
Glad you and Tony could make it Mary, must admit the staff in the hotel were amongst the friendliest I've ever encountered.
So sorry to have missed out on a dance with Tony again :tears:

Marc...........I think you were robbed not coming first. :wink:
I'd have hated to have had to judge the Lucky Dip final - thought everyone in it danced so well!

Rachel - you won't believe me but you looked fantastic, and gorgeous and everything else.
Yup, she did!
Some of the outfits for the comps were just stunning - girls and boys. Scot looked very fetching in his kilt too :wink:

Sandy
15th-August-2004, 07:37 PM
Have just got back after an amazing weekend :grin: Starting with the party on Friday night right through to the party on Saturday night. As usual I was amazed at the standard of the competitors, everyone was just so good.

Aberdeen done fantastically well in the amount of people getting through to the 2nd round of the Lucky Dip and then on to higher things (Kay and Bill! wow!). Congrats to everyone who competed. I didn't make the second round but had such fun (and managed to do it without shaking this time!!), thanks Jules for a great dance!.

The venue was just brilliant, the music superb, can't say enough about how good it was, and of couse, most importantly, the folk who were there! Such a great crowd of friendly folk. Thanks for the dances and the great company.

Well done to the organisers.

If you weren't there.........you really missed yourself! :rofl:

Can't wait for next year! But hey the big Perth event is not too far off so see you then.

Just got to add............Chicklet, those outfits! Wow!!!

Sandy :hug:

Bill
15th-August-2004, 08:42 PM
A great event and some really wonderful dancing throughout - everything kept right to time and good to see so many dancers up from England.

Unfortunately the heat and dancing at Barcelona caught up with me so by 10.00 I felt absolutely knackered. Apologies to anyone I danced with late on as I think I was doing 3 moves :sick: :blush: .......

Thanks to Kay in the lucky dip and to Karen for agreeing to partner me at such short notice - you both looked wonderful. Although I had some superb dances ( and even a well timed kick in the face from Denise :o :grin: ) have to say a huge thanks to Fran for 3 really amazing dances :flower: :kiss:

Anyone else find the room just a little hot :D With so much fun and so many good dancers I reckon next year will be even bigger and raise even more money :clap: :cheers:

Jive Brummie
15th-August-2004, 08:59 PM
Can only echo everything already said.

It was a great, fantastic, superb, wonderful....surprising!!!! weekend.

I had fab dances all friday and saturday......and am now well and trully pooped....and aching.

Thanks to Claire from Newcastle for being a great partner in the lucky dip.....not only did we manage to make the final but by then we were also able to breath in and out too .........it's the nerves you know :sick:

Sheena...thankyou for the dance on saturday....I hope i followed well.

Thankyou to all the lovely ladies I don't get to dance with that often who travelled north for the comp. Mary, Emma, Zara, Alex, Rachel and not forgetting everyone else....who's names escape me.

And last, but by no means least. A massive thankyou to Melanie :kiss: :flower: , for yet again being a fantastic partner and agreeing to do the open on friday night.......... we didn't do too bad, eh love :wink: :clap:

James x x :cheers:

p.s
Well done Scot, for putting on a brilliant event and raising so much dosh for charity, and Angela and Fran for all the hard work, we'll get a dance next time.

Tiggerbabe
15th-August-2004, 09:06 PM
Apologies to anyone I danced with late on as I think I was doing 3 moves :sick: :blush: .......

:drool: yeah, but it was those 3 moves :wink: Really enjoyed our dance Bill, and love the shoes BTW :kiss:
James, that was such a fab dance - you were a great lady (and Marc wasn't bad later in the night either :D :D )

Fran
15th-August-2004, 09:49 PM
was,nt it Fabby!!! :) :)
it was great fun and a fab atmosphere that every one made.

thankyou so much to the sintillating sinners and the other early risers for turning up early to help me blow up all my balloons!!!! - it could not have happened in time other wise :hug: I had the easy job compared to angela and scott who have been orgainising the administration for the for months, shes very quiet, but angela is invaluble to this event. :hug:

well done to Scott for the great time keeping and everything else.

so pleased for everyone that won and that we had a super turn out to raise lots of money for PBC. Alison and the judges worked really hard - its not as easy as it looks. :what:

I did manage to get some lovely dances in the evening ( after a hugmongous pizza and pasta and a couple of glasess of champers!!) :what: :what: - the food was shared by the way.

I think the prize for the best shoes should go to Bills new yellow ones - no one else had yellow ones :whistle:

They were rather yummy dances - thankyou Bill. :hug:

now .... what colour theme will it be for next year???...

Fran :cheers:

Fran
15th-August-2004, 10:07 PM
we'll get a dance next time.

yes please :hug:

Kay
16th-August-2004, 08:14 AM
WOW! What a great weekend! The parties on Friday and Saturday evenings were fantastic - thanks guys for all my dances. My special thanks to Bill for the lucky dip - I could not believe my luck, you made my day, thanks :hug: :hug: :kiss:
Well done Scot and your helpers for making the day so organised and to time. Congratulations to all the winners. :clap: Great to see friends from England again and for meeting new friends. Roll on September when I get to meet and dance with you all again at the BFG in Perth.

Chicklet
16th-August-2004, 08:54 AM
*lovie post warning* but no apologies for it, this time it has to be done, and in public, I'm still likely to blubber at a moment's notice!

Firstly of course to Scot and Fran and friends for making it all possible and run to time etc etc. So good of you all to put so much effort in to give Scotland such a fabby event.

To Sheena for organising us a hotel with a bar open til 4am :whistle:

To ALL the competitors and spectators who made the atmosphere quite electric! I saw so many people have fantastic dances but one in particular HAS to get a mention, my very good friend Emma "the White Weddingness" Clarke, who had what looked like THE dance of the first round in the lucky dip with her stunningly stylish partner Soufei (sp??) SOOO proud of you babe, my mouth was hanging open!

To my lucky dip partner who was a dream to dance with, "lucky" doesn't cover it!

But most of all, and from the bottom of my heart, to the most "Gorgeous" :wink: partner a girl could hope for in any big event (let alone her first :eek: ) , one of these :worthy:, one of these :drool: and the BIGGEST one of these in the world EVER :hug:

For ten minutes I swear we were the only people in the room, I didn't see a judge, another dancer or know there was a crowd. All I could see or sense were laughing eyes and a big smile coming at me, and if that ain't an A-LIST experience I'll eat my er, skirt!!!

C :D

Jayne
16th-August-2004, 09:22 AM
Sounds like you all had a complete ball!

no really controversial results that I can think of ( others might think different.. :wink: ) other than there wre no second places...only winners.... :confused:
So can anyone remember who the finalists were?

Ta!

J :nice:

Tiggerbabe
16th-August-2004, 10:01 AM
So can anyone remember who the finalists were?

Crikey Jayne, tall order :eek: - I'll do my best but I'll definitely be missing some of the names and so many heats and finals with such great dancing it is hard to remember.

Lucky Dip Final,

David Chu and Nikki
David Martin and Catherine from Dundee
Phil (of Phil and Yuko) and Angie Nicoll
Dave Hancock and Zara from London
Marc and Mary - you all know who these two are :wink:
James Lees and Claire from Newcastle/Durham
Yuko and a chinese ceroc teacher from Melbourne - sincere apologies I don't know his name at all - fab dancer though :D
Bill and Kay from Aberdeen

Intermediate Final,

Definitely need help here as I was off getting changed :tears:

John and Hazel Lusby
Dave Hancock and Jennifer
Sam Elassar and Monika Paulsen
Wendy and Niall - Glasgow and Aberdeen
Alan and Avril - both Dundee
ehrm..............

Advanced Final

Phil and Yuko
David Chu and Linda Cumming
Steven Burgess and Sheena Assiph

Open Final

James and Melanie
Marc and Rachel
Tramp and Kristina
Couple from Gatwick whose names I don't know - sorry again
Sui Fai and Zara
David Martin and Jamie

Double Trouble

Lindsay, Wendy and Jill
Tim, Viv and Aleks

Showcases

Phil and Aleks Mottley
Alex and Little Em
Tony and Mary

Cabarets

Mouth to Mouth
Scintillating Sinners

What/who have I missed then?

Have to agree with Chicklet - saw so many people having just the dances of their lives - fantastic!!!!!!! :worthy: :worthy:

Razzle Dazzle
16th-August-2004, 10:30 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: What a fantastic day Saturday was. It's been said many times before, but well done and thanks to Scot, Angela, Fran and crew for organising such a great event. It never ceases to amaze me how Scot manages to keep to time so well!!

Congratulations to all the competitors and winners of all the events, especially to Mel and James, John and Hazel and David Chu. Weren't they just fantastic?

Big clap for Alan and Avril in getting through to the final of the Intermediate - I think it'll take Avril a while to come down to earth so guys bear with her tonight at the club!!! When she get high like this there's no chance of you being in the lead for any dances! :innocent: :D

Thanks very, very much to Avril my pal and co-choreographer and to all of those Scintillating Sinners for working so hard over the time we've been rehearsing the Chicago routine - you're absolute stars and I love you to bits. Well done to Lindsay and her team 'Mouth to Mouth' - bet there were lots of guys in the audience wondering what illness they could feign in order to be resuscitated by those sexy ladies :devil: .

A personal thanks to Charlie 'Tiger Pants' for being my team cabaret dance partner - he's had to put up with a lot poor guy, to Paul who was my dance parner for the lucky dip - I didn't realise you could do all those sexy moves! :worthy: and to all the guys I had dances with. I had a ball and am looking forward to the next big gathering so that I can do it all again.

Lots of love, Razzle Dazzle xx

Jayne
16th-August-2004, 10:52 AM
Crikey Jayne, tall order :eek: - I'll do my best but I'll definitely be missing some of the names and so many heats and finals with such great dancing it is hard to remember.
But you're the mistress of completing tall orders! :wink:

Thanks Sheena! :hug:

Congratulations to all the finalists!

J :nice:

filthycute
16th-August-2004, 02:17 PM
Did anybody come across a trophy left on a table on saturday night at the Scottish Comp. It's a woman with wings with the name 'Melanie' engraved on it..... If anyone has it or knows who has can you let me know as it's sorely missed.

filthycute x x

Lory
16th-August-2004, 02:49 PM
Congratulations to everyone who took part and for all the money raised for charity! :worthy:

You all sound as though you had a fantastic weekend!

Any photo's? I'd love to see some of the costumes and shoes! :nice:

Tiggerbabe
16th-August-2004, 02:52 PM
well, I knew I'd do it :blush: :blush: - Sincere apologies to Dale (groovy dancer) and his partner Fiona who were also in the Lucky Dip final. :waycool:

Tiger Pants
16th-August-2004, 03:46 PM
Well finally managed to get on this forum......and what a great time to do it. Had a fantastic time in Mussleburgh......even without the Bacardi.....whoever heard of a bar not stocking MY tipple......sure that Mrs. Morris had something to do with that......did you have to buy the entire supply at the Brunton.....what won't you do to stop me showing myself up???

Thanks to everyone for the dances especially Denise for getting us into the lucky dip finals and to Wendy for the cabaret and of course for the non-Ceroc dance which was great fun and brought back memories or how I danced BC (before Ceroc).

Well done to all the winners....and here's to next year!!!! :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
16th-August-2004, 03:56 PM
yeah...but what happened to your HAIR ? ? ! :)

Dreadful Scathe
16th-August-2004, 03:59 PM
well, I knew I'd do it :blush: :blush: - Sincere apologies to Dale (groovy dancer) and his partner Fiona who were also in the Lucky Dip final. :waycool:
its that red hat, you had a limited view of the dance floor :)

Monika
16th-August-2004, 04:08 PM
"
Well finally managed to get on this forum......"
A very warm welcome to the Forum Tiger Pants & Well done on getting to the final! Hopefully catch you for a dance tonight.
What a great week-end!!! Well organised and great to see so many happy dancers about. Huge thank's to my wonderful partner who managed to hold me up straight when I was too nervous to even stand up: You are amazing! :kiss: :hug:
I'm still buzzing and just impossible to concentrate on work stuff today - never mind - it's Monday after all so can't expect too much..
Well done to everyone who took part: Lovely to watch. Great that so many came along to support this charity event. Also special thank's to Sheena for organising Hotel etc for us :hug:

Happy dancing :) :clap: :hug:
Mon x

Tiggerbabe
16th-August-2004, 04:29 PM
especially Denise for getting us into the lucky dip finals
Sorry Tiger - I thought there was another couple :whistle: and of course it was ol' snake hips himself and Denise McGuire.
Dale's partner often goes by the name of Fi - or Mrs DS (Fiona, oops! very formal :blush: )

And Smurfy - don't diss the hat - I think I'm in love :drool:

Little Em
17th-August-2004, 08:58 AM
i had a WICKED weekend!!! :clap: #

thank you to everyone who danced with me fri and sat!!!! :flower:

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole event.... the organisers did a fab job!!!

ill deffo be coming next year well worth the travelling!!!! everyone was soooo friendly aswell!!!! even when i went to get myself some chips on the sat peeps in the chippy were asking if i was enjoying my stay here......maybe the accent was a giveaway?? :wink: :innocent:

fan-tas-tic !!!

hope to see you all very soon!!!

em x :hug:

Dreadful Scathe
17th-August-2004, 09:11 AM
oh , never got to meet you littleem...maybe next time....:)

Little Em
17th-August-2004, 09:16 AM
oh , never got to meet you littleem...maybe next time....:)

yep deffo! it was me doing the showcase to the basement jaxx tune! .....did you compete???? maybe i can remember you that way?!!!

x

Lindsay
17th-August-2004, 09:31 AM
What a fab day! Well done to all :grin:
The organisation was brillliant- well done Scot/Angie and co. :cheers:
Some of Florence's/my photos are HERE (http://linz.webspace.fish.co.uk/scotcomp.htm)

Sandy
17th-August-2004, 10:04 AM
What a fab day! Well done to all :grin:
The organisation was brillliant- well done Scot/Angie and co. :cheers:
Some of Florence's/my photos are HERE (http://linz.webspace.fish.co.uk/scotcomp.htm)

Great photos, really takes you back to the day!

Well done!

Sandy

Dreadful Scathe
17th-August-2004, 11:11 AM
yep deffo! it was me doing the showcase to the basement jaxx tune! .....did you compete???? maybe i can remember you that way?!!!

x
oh that Em...cool, great routine that :) I was in the advanced, wearing white t-shirt, out in first round :)

Tiggerbabe
17th-August-2004, 11:23 AM
I was in the advanced, wearing white t-shirt
Don't confuse her - that was me! :wink: :hug:

Rachel
17th-August-2004, 12:01 PM
Absolutely amazing weekend – I’m still buzzing!!! So impressed with the organisation of the whole event (thanks Scot, and all the organisers, helpers and judges!). There were so many fantastic dancers to watch – I’ve come away completely inspired and itching to get out dancing again.

Must say an extra special thank you to Melanie and James for being such lovely hosts and putting us up (/putting up with us). And for dancing so brilliantly and being, I think, the most modest and shocked winners of all. Huge congratulations!!!!

Thank you too, Graham, for being a wonderful partner in the lucky dip – I really enjoyed our dances and loved seeing you again.

I think the judges did a brilliant job throughout – David Chu and his partner were absolutely stunning in the lucky dip, although there were so many other great couples – particularly (of course!) Mary & Marc (Mary, you were fantastic – how could you ever think you’d let Marc down!!), and Wendy & Dance Demon, Dave & Zara, Emma & Sui Fai ….. And weren’t Phil & Yuko incredible in the Advanced??!! Congratulations to everyone!

Favourite memories – Chicklet having such a great time in the Open with Gus, Sheena & Steve (lovely to meet you!), watching Kristina (wow!!) & Trampy ... And Lindsay – was that you I saw having some dances with Viktor late on Saturday? I was mesmerised …. fantastic! Also, wonderful spotlights from everyone involved – all equally stunning.

Best of all - although I was scared stiff competing, just knowing that everyone there was so friendly and supportive gave me so much confidence. I think I might even do it again one day, as long as Marc will put up with me!

Lindsay – great photos – thanks! I laughed at the one of me & Marc – what on earth am I doing with my fingers??? Can’t decide if it’s my best shadow puppet impression of a rabbit, or whether I’m performing some kind of Crocodile Dundee style hypnosis on Marc!!

Anyway, thank you to everyone for such an enjoyable weekend – can’t wait to come back!
Rachel

Rachel
17th-August-2004, 12:03 PM
Oh God, and how could I have forgotten Hazel and John!! So pleased for them - a very well deserved win!
R. x

Stuart M
17th-August-2004, 12:13 PM
Thanks to Scot and the organising team for a well-ran, fun comp - the way it should be. Thoroughly enjoyed it though the heat (and me forgetting my towel :blush: ) meant things were distinctly on the sweaty side!

Just being parochial for a minute (I mean, it's not like the Dundee lot aren't eh, :grin: ), it was good to see success for some Weegies - especially Nicky in the Lucky dip! Also Dave H, Jennifer and Wendy in the Intermediate final.

As for me, guess I'll have to go back to dodgy trousers to get anywhere *sigh*. Either that or start doing my dance partner justice :D

Also, thanks to my Lucky Dip partner Fiona!

Graham
17th-August-2004, 12:23 PM
Either that or start doing my dance partner justice :D
I can hardly wait to see the new trousers! :wink:

Thank you Rachel for being a lovely partner - I enjoyed it too, even if it was short-lived. :tears:

Dreadful Scathe
17th-August-2004, 12:30 PM
Thanks to Scot and the organising team for a well-ran, fun comp - the way it should be. Thoroughly enjoyed it though the heat (and me forgetting my towel :blush: )

You should always know where your towel is - you of all people should know that one :)

Very well run competition ..again. If only public transport was as precise as Scot and the team :)

Unlike Graham, Im quite able to wait to see your new trousers ! :)

Tiggerbabe
17th-August-2004, 12:37 PM
As for me, guess I'll have to go back to dodgy trousers
Hurrah!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :wink:

Emma
17th-August-2004, 01:36 PM
Wow, what a great day - I don't have much to say that everyone else hasn't said already (but I'm gonna say it anyhow heh heh)...fantastic competition, run so smoothly...brilliant dancing a joy to watch...HUGE thanks to Siu Fai for being so lovely in the lucky dip..respect to the fabulous Ms Gregory for her competition debut...and last and not at all least it was just dreamy to meet up with so many good friends and dance....and it still is!! I'm still here! hahaha!!

*ahem* as you were ;)

Dreadful Scathe
17th-August-2004, 01:42 PM
*ahem* as you were ;)

Im not sure I can get back into the same position again ! :what:

why dont you reply to txt messages btw ? :)

Emma
17th-August-2004, 01:43 PM
:blush: because I didn't realise I'd had any...! *readin'*

Jive Brummie
17th-August-2004, 05:11 PM
Must say an extra special thank you to Melanie and James for being such lovely hosts and putting us up (/putting up with us). And for dancing so brilliantly and being, I think, the most modest and shocked winners of all. Huge congratulations!!!!

Rachel

It was absolutely our pleasure to have you stay with us Rachel. You're welcome anytime.........., oh yeah, Marc too :wink: :wink:

J & M x x

jivegirl100
17th-August-2004, 06:47 PM
Thanks to Claire from Newcastle for being a great partner in the lucky dip.....not only did we manage to make the final but by then we were also able to breath in and out too .........it's the nerves you know :sick:
Hi James, thank you too for a great lucky dip experience! :wink: Can't believe how nervous I was - still haven't decided whether it was the pressure of the competition the combination of your crew-cut and tattoos...

PS told you you'd win, didn't I? You and Melanie were brilliant - you looked like you loved every minute of that last dance :)

Hi too to Sheena, thanks to you and everyone for being so friendly. We might even venture up from Newcastle again! See you in Southport if you're there.

Claire xx

skippy
17th-August-2004, 10:29 PM
hi Rachel
Kranckie!!! here, it was very nice to meet you and everyone else. how do you remember everyones names?
do you all know everyone already or am i just hopeless at remembering!
what's next for you both now? :cheers:

Tiggerbabe
18th-August-2004, 08:42 AM
It was great to see so many people travelling to the competition from outwith Scotland Claire, glad you enjoyed it - how about coming back for the BFG? :wink: :hug:

Anyway - here's some photos - courtesy of "Gaylord's" :rofl: camera .........

jivegirl100
18th-August-2004, 08:53 AM
BFG?? :confused:

under par
18th-August-2004, 09:04 AM
BFG?? :confused:

Big Forum Gathering.
Welcome to the Forum Jivegirl100 :clap: :clap: :cheers:

I'm afraid there are rather too many TLA s.

(Three Letter Abbreviations)

Dreadful Scathe
18th-August-2004, 09:10 AM
It was great to see so many people travelling to the competition from outwith Scotland Claire, glad you enjoyed it - how about coming back for the BFG? :wink: :hug:

Anyway - here's some photos - courtesy of "Gaylord's" :rofl: camera .........
attachements pending approval ? you'd think a moderator could decide if the pics were worthy or not ..... remove that omnipotent moderator tag forthwith you fraud :)

Tiggerbabe
18th-August-2004, 09:33 AM
Watch it smurfy :hug: - bloomin' pc crashed - I'm onto it *mutter mutter - bloomin' pc, mutter, mutter, mutter*

Tiggerbabe
18th-August-2004, 09:41 AM
Here's a few more - pending approval of course :wink:

Tiggerbabe
18th-August-2004, 09:42 AM
Oops - how did that last picture get in there :blush: :wink:

Scot
18th-August-2004, 10:56 AM
Thankyou to everyone for supporting this event I think this is the best years dancing I have seen and as far as I am concerned I think you all danced great

The results assuming I have not made a typo are:

Lucky Dip Placement

1 David Chu & Nikki Gritton
2 James Lees & Claire Readey
3 Dave Hancock & Zara Rahemtuella

Intermediate Placement

1 John Lusby & Hazel Lusby
2 Dave Hancock & Jennifer Manzie
3 Alan Brownlie & Avril Kidd

Advanced Placement

1 Yuko Kamiya & Philip Webb
2 Sheena Assiph & Steven Burgess
3 Linda Di Sarno & David Chu

Open Placement

1 Melanie Hutton & James Lees
2 Cristina Devine & Steve Lampert
3 Jaime Dickinson & David Martin

Show Case Final

Philip & Aleks Score 66
Alex & Emma Score 62

For Team and Double Trouble there were only two so it goes without saying

Dreadful Scathe
18th-August-2004, 11:04 AM
Way to go the Hancock - so close (which we alll knew of course from watching) :)

What are James's rates for private lessons then ? :)

Forte
18th-August-2004, 11:56 AM
Congratulations to you all! And I must say Mrs and Mr Dreadful Scathe were looking particularly well - marriage suiting them! I only managed to the Saturday night but had some great dances - the first one with Sam was a bit ropey - we bumped into three people and then my glasses went flying off|! :blush: Managed to save them before the couple next to us mashed them underfoot! :what: Remembered to take them off after that. :nice:

jivegirl100
18th-August-2004, 12:23 PM
Whaaat? Are you telling me we came 2nd in the Lucky Dip? Wow!! Excuse me whilst I pick myself up from the floor. Yippeeeeee! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Can't wait till next time...

Claire xx

Jive Brummie
18th-August-2004, 05:54 PM
Whaaat? Are you telling me we came 2nd in the Lucky Dip? Wow!! Excuse me whilst I pick myself up from the floor. Yippeeeeee! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Can't wait till next time...

Claire xx

:yeah:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:hug:

J x x

Dancing Girlie
18th-August-2004, 11:22 PM
Just wanted to say that the whole event was so well organised once again. I know I'm only repeating what everyone else has been saying, but well done Scot, Angie, Fran, the judges and all the others involved. Such a worthy cause, I'm sure lots of money was raised. Roll on next year! :cheers:

Dancing Girlie :flower:

CentrAlex
20th-August-2004, 07:37 PM
I know this is a bit belated but I thoroughly anjoyed myself last weekend at the champs and found everyone to be extremely friendly, some maybe too friendly!!!!!!
Anyway thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome and hope to see you again next year for another cracking weekend