PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Competition

DavidB
2nd-September-2002, 11:41 PM
Before I book trains/flights/hotels etc, can I check if there are still tickets left for the competition?

Any suggestions for hotels?

And roughly how much would a taxi cost from the airport to Musselburgh? (Trying to work out if it's worth hiring a car)

David

Tiggerbabe
3rd-September-2002, 08:20 PM
There is a phone number on Scot's website - www.ceroc.info
and also this should advise you of how many places are left (don't think it's been updated yet though!) :eek:

Hopefully you'll be coming up for the party on the Saturday night.
There's a host of B&B's in Edinburgh close to Marcos but I'm not sure what's available in Mussleburgh.

Come on Edinburgh Forum readers - help the homeless dancer:sad: :sad:

Tiggerbabe
3rd-September-2002, 08:21 PM
On 2nd thoughts - come on John Simpson - the font of all knowledge:really: :really: :wink:

filthycute
3rd-September-2002, 08:29 PM
I think i mentioned it to you before Sheena but just incase i never.... If there's a few of you going to the same B&B/travelodge gimme a shout. It'll be good fun if we get a few people in the same place.

I'm assuming this is the saturday night we're talking about?? :confused:

filthycute x x

Franck
3rd-September-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
Come on Edinburgh Forum readers - help the homeless dancer:sad: :sad: Yep, we need you, I know of a few places in Edinburgh, but Musselburgh I know nothing of :confused:
No doubt Scot will come along shortly with a list from the Musselburgh tourist office :wink:

In the meantime, here is a webpage with a full list of all hotels in Musselburgh: http://www.4hotels.co.uk/uk/musselburgh.html

You can also check out multimap (http://www.multimap.co.uk/map/browse.cgi?client=public&db=hcgaz&addr1=&client=public&addr2=&advanced=&addr3=&pc=&X=334235&quicksearch=musselburgh&Y=672658&scale=100000&place=Musselburgh,East+Lothian&coordsys=gb) which lists Musselburgh as being only about 13 miles from the airport and 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh...

This should get you started :nice:

Regarding the taxi fare, I have no idea... I will try and phone a couple of taxi operators and get prices from them tomorrow...
According to the tourist office: Musselburgh is served by an excellent bus service from throughout East Lothian and from Edinburgh. You can also travel by train stopping at either Musselburgh.
For those travelling from further afield there is an International airport in nearby Edinburgh and a wide range of accommodation, to suit all budgets, is available in the surrounding area. If travelling by car Musselburgh is signposted from the A1 and the A720 Edinburgh by-pass and there is ample parking at the course.

Franck.

John S
3rd-September-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Franck

If travelling by car Musselburgh is signposted from the A1 and the A720 Edinburgh by-pass and there is ample parking at the course.

"THE COURSE"????

I bet you lifted that from some blurb from Musselburgh Racecourse, Franck! Alternatively, are you planning one of those marathon dance events like in "They Shoot Horses, Don't They"? 1969 Jane Fonda film, before anyone asks!

As well as the various B&Bs etc in Musselburgh, don't forget that Travelodge, Travel Inn and Premier Lodge all have places in the area - the nearest are the Travelodge (Edinburgh East), the Travel Inn (Edinburgh Inveresk) and the Premier Lodge (Edinburgh East). Only problem is that although the lodges are pretty close, nearest only about a mile away, you might need a car/taxi to travel to/from them, not sure about this.

Websites are:
www.travelinn.co.uk
www.travelodge.co.uk
www.premierlodge.com