PDA

View Full Version : Two Step Movement question

chrissiem
25th-February-2004, 07:19 PM
Hi

Can anyone put me right on the two-step movement (not sure if thats the right name for it anyway), my feet are all over the place. Its the one where you stand together almost facing, the lady then step back your right foot back, then step your right foot in between the man's legs, then do something with the left foot (?) and step back with the right foot again and repeat. Even writing it is confusing me! Does this make sense to anyone? If yes, how do you do it?!? Its driving me nuts because there is one guy I dance with who's been trying to show me how to do it a few times now and I still can't get it...doh..I feel a complete klutz.:confused:

ChrisA
25th-February-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by chrissiem
I still can't get it...doh..I feel a complete klutz.:confused:
I can think of three reasons why a girl wouldn't be able to get a move that a guy is trying to teach her...

1. He can't lead it well enough
2. He doesn't know how to teach it
3. He's trying to teach something she's not yet ready for, simply because she hasn't been dancing long enough yet and maybe needs more practice with the simpler stuff.

Whichever of these is the case, it really isn't the girl that's the klutz :hug:

So please don't feel bad just because you can't get a move right yet. All these things come with time and practice. At least I hope so... I'm still waiting, with lots of them :tears: :wink:

Chris

xSalsa_Angelx
25th-February-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by chrissiem
Hi

Can anyone put me right on the two-step movement (not sure if thats the right name for it anyway), my feet are all over the place. Its the one where you stand together almost facing, the lady then step back your right foot back, then step your right foot in between the man's legs, then do something with the left foot (?) and step back with the right foot again and repeat. Even writing it is confusing me! Does this make sense to anyone? If yes, how do you do it?!? Its driving me nuts because there is one guy I dance with who's been trying to show me how to do it a few times now and I still can't get it...doh..I feel a complete klutz.:confused:

Are you thinking of the Mambo walk?? a salsa type move??

Where the woman steps forward with her right and the man back on his left, then woman back on right and man forward on left??

Yogi_Bear
25th-February-2004, 11:55 PM
Sounds like the Manhattan - facing partner, man steps forwards left foot, the back left foot - right foot stays in place - and repeat as required.....

Boomer
8th-April-2004, 02:15 PM
QUESTION! I have a problem, namely, at the end of a 'bung your leg out to the side' move for some reason my foot decides to point upwards at a 45% angle. I end a move looking as if I'm going to go into a hornpipe routine. Is this natural!?! Is it 'normal'!?!?! Is it as big a disater as black shoes and white socks!?!? What can I do about it, and am I alone in having this problem?

Oh, I stuck it here coz I leant how to do the Manhatten last night :waycool: Of course, I now have three more things learn.

Thank you for correcting my spelling madam.

Pammy
8th-April-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
I know have three more things learn.

As the great blue one would tell you, if you already know, what more is there to learn...??? :na:

Gadget
8th-April-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
QUESTION! I have a problem, namely, at the end of a 'bung your leg out to the side' move for some reason my foot decides to point upwards at a 45% angle. I end a move looking as if I'm going to go into a hornpipe routine. Is this natural!?! Is it 'normal'!?!?! Is it as big a disater as black shoes and white socks!?!? What can I do about it, and am I alone in having this problem?
The only way I can think on to get your foot to point up like that is to have your hips rotated too much: Keep the leg to the side and don't square up to it.
Alternativly, concentrate on keeping your toes in contact with the floor rather than heels.

Other than that, no it's not natural :wink:

Boomer
30th-April-2004, 10:35 PM
Sorry Gadget, just seen this. Am trying with the toes, but the main prob could be he bio-mechanics you've described...will give it a bash :cheers: