PDA

View Full Version : Beach Ballroom-may I be the first.......

fruitcake
22nd-February-2004, 02:23 AM
Just wanna be the first to say that was an absolutely BRILLIANT evening at the Beach, the music was BLOOMIN' fantastic, (if I could use the 'F' word to describe how good the music was here I would),catered for all tastes,hardly sat down, and I know some people who NEVER sat down!!For those who wernt there music was provided by TRAMPY!!
My feet killing me, whilst you lot have just finshed partying I have come home just before the end cos some of us have to work in the morning y'know!
Now some of you will be partying further-enjoy!
Loved the chocolate buttons in the Easter egg I found-scrummy- and it was REALLY great to meet some of the forumites.
Off to beddie byes!:kiss:
Fruitcake

Kay
22nd-February-2004, 01:27 PM
I have to second that - what a FANTASTIC evening and I hardly sat down! Thanks guys for all the great dances - especially those from Dundee, Edinburgh and Glasgow, who I only get to dance with at parties, and south of the border - that's you Tony :kiss:
When's the next Beach Ballroom party Franck? :cheers:

Bill
22nd-February-2004, 03:58 PM
Only one complaint.................not enough time :tears: :sick: Didn't meet Sarah till the very end, didn't get to dance with Lily or about half the women in the place :(

Great night and tried a couple of David's moves and almost got one right :na: Can't wait till the next time and hope to see a few folk - especially Sarah at Southport :hug:

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-February-2004, 05:59 PM
Great party - nice to see Gus travelled all the way up for it :) only met a few new forum members, Sarah, Bardsey. Mary...er is that it, thought there were more - still dont know who fruitcake is :)

Who was that Rip Van Winkle bloke with the silky blues moves ? :D

Sandy
22nd-February-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by fruitcake
Just wanna be the first to say that was an absolutely BRILLIANT evening at the Beach, the music was BLOOMIN' fantastic, (if I could use the 'F' word to describe how good the music was here I would),catered for all tastes,hardly sat down, and I know some people who NEVER sat down!!For those who wernt there music was provided by TRAMPY!!

Fruitcake

I agree with everything you say, it was fab, absoltuely fab! I danced and danced and danced and met so many lovely people, old friends and new. So good to meet the members of the forum I hadn't met before and also to catch up with the Las Palmas folk. Tony, what a dancer, what can I say! Plus lots of other brilliant dances. The music of course was fab, well done Steve!

Never thought I could do it but managed 4 workshops! totally shattered tonight, feet throbbing but worth it all. Well done Franck for organising such a truly brilliant weekend and to Lisa, Lorna, Dave and Lilly (forgive me if I have spelt this wrong!).

Sandy :kiss:

Gus
22nd-February-2004, 08:36 PM
Can only echo whats been said before. Lovely venue, good set by Trampy and the nicest bunch of people its been my pleasure to know. Great to catch up with the old MAd crew again and looking forward to seeing you guys make Blackpool rock in two weeks time.:grin:

xSalsa_Angelx
22nd-February-2004, 09:34 PM
Me and Andy had a great night also at BB, music was good.
What made the weekend though was meeting up with Chris and Sarah and Bardsey and John, had a great weekend guys and it was lovely to meet you all, Hope to do it again sometime, :hug: :hug: possibly at southport if we can manage.

It was also great to meet Gus, shame we never got a chance to dance though as it was ta the end of the night when we met (maybe next time) :D

Can't wait for the next BB :)

Tiggerbabe
22nd-February-2004, 09:46 PM
Got to echo all of the above - HUGE well done to Franck for organising what was a truly fabulous weekend. :clap: :clap:

David and Lily's workshops on Saturday were excellent - so many style tips and great moves to try out in freestyle.
This morning's workshop with Franck and Lisa was soooooooo good too and I'm only sorry I had to miss the footwork one - hope you're going to repeat that one guys? :flower:

Trampy - the music was "awesome" (guess who's back from Russia :wink: ).
I had so many wonderful dances, that I couldn't possibly mention them all, but I need about another 2 or 3 hours to get round all of the people that I didn't get to dance with last night :tears:
Gus :hug: good to see you at the BB at last :kiss:
and what a treat to meet Tony, Mary, Bardsey and Sarah from the forum.

Dance Demon
22nd-February-2004, 10:34 PM
:yeah:

All of the above. The BB is definately becoming the top Ceroc venue in Scotland.....well done Franck

Yogi_Bear
22nd-February-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Great party - nice to see Gus travelled all the way up for it :) only met a few new forum members, Sarah, Bardsey. Mary...er is that it, thought there were more - still dont know who fruitcake is :)

Who was that Rip Van Winkle bloke with the silky blues moves ? :D

Is there a guide to who some of the people lurking behind these pseudonyms are? :)

It's just that some of us newbies feel like we would get a lot more out of reading some of these threads if we knew.......:wink:

Heather
23rd-February-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Great to catch up with the old MAd crew again and looking forward to seeing you guys make Blackpool rock in two weeks time.:grin:

Wash your mouth out!!!!!:rofl:
We're not old at all :rofl:
Had a great time last night, lovely to see you again Gus !
You bet we'll make Blackpool rock - we're bringing a couple of pipers with us this year - so you may hear the skirl o' the bagpipes in a rendition of 'Flower of Scotand' .
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

Monika
23rd-February-2004, 09:22 AM
Franck; Thank you so much for organising this BRILLIANT party!!!
Had a FANTASTIC time and lot's of superb dances - too many lovely dancers to list here, but thank so much you to every one of you ! (OK particularly thks to some of my absolute favourite dancers Franck, James, Gus, Tramp, Niall, DS & Sherwin &...!!) ...sorry I missed so many of you too though - just not enough time.
...Roll on Blackpool! FUN FUN FUN...!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :flower: :kiss: "Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"

Gus
23rd-February-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Monika
(OK particularly thks to some of my absolute favourite dancers ..... James, Gus,

Hey ... I'm now mentioned in the same sentence as James ... my dancing must be improveing :grin: :grin:

Great to get chance to finally see Mel and James dancing .... even better to know I dont have to compete against them!!

sarahw31
23rd-February-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Got to echo all of the above - HUGE well done to Franck for organising what was a truly fabulous weekend. :clap: :clap:

I've also got to add a huge thank you to the lovely Salsa Angel and Andy for playing hosts, and organising such a great night out for myself, Chris, Bardsey and John on the Friday. :flower:

David and Lily's workshops were just fab ( I'm spending an awful lot of time in front of a mirror going the 'long way round' :wink: ). It was a shame I didn't get to do any workshops on the Sunday, but had to leave Aberdeen Sunday morning

:sad:

I had some wonderful, inspiring dances, thankyou particularly to Tramp, Franck, Gus, Gadget, Graham, Harry, Chris (as always!).... Bill and DS, I'll get you next time :wink: :grin:

And I met some super, friendly people, all of the above plus Bardsey, Sheena, Wendy, Ian.....I could go on and on here, but it's probably quicker to say that everyone I met this weekend were friendly and welcoming. It was well worth the trip, and I can't wait for the next time!

:clap:

Sarah

Mary
23rd-February-2004, 11:19 AM
What a fantastic weekend we had. We were made to feel soooo welcome by everyone - my eyes are moistening up again at the memory of it all.:flower:

Franck, you are my hero, I love you, will you marry me, will you have my babies? (nah, Mrs. Franck won't mind).:D :D

Didn't manage to get to dance with as many people as I would have liked, but DD, James (swoon), Bill (swoon again), DS (congrats), Chris and loads of others, thanks guys. And by the time I was dancing with DavidB I was so cream crackered he was pretty well carrying me thru' the dance (sorry Mr. B). And Trampy (yet another swoon). Ta muchly all. And finally Franck (double swoon, no make it a triple).

Then there was the girls. I never usually get chance to meet girls 'cos we're always dancing with the blokes!:tears: Fran, Denise (mad girl), Sheena, Lisa, Wendy, Mel, and the girls from Las Palmas (great to see you all again) . :clap: :clap: Thank you all for making us both feel so at home.:hug:

Gus - I missed meeting you! Doh. Jill - nothing like I imagined - better. Good to meet Lindsay and Andy.

OK. Sorry, long post, and very luvey, but I did have such a good time. Thanks again Franck, and Scotland forumites. Can't wait to see you all in Blackpool.:clap: :clap:

M

Gadget
23rd-February-2004, 11:24 AM
:D:D
As a starter, can I just say that the level of dancing and quality of dancers in attendance was phenominal. But I never got much of a chance to watch anyone :tears: (fleeting glimpses as scanning for inspiration - much more fleeting than norma; so many inspirational dancers)

The vanue was as fantastic as normal. Jugs of water nestled in easter egg wrappings. Smooth, sprung floor with just enough room.

The music was a fairly eclectic mix with some challenging tracks and some favourites.

The dresses made the ladies look sumptuous :yum: (not sure how they made the men look, but they did look :wink: )

So sorry that it had to end - I missed dancing with a lot of ladies, but those dances I did get more than made up for it :D Thank you to everyone that subjected themselves to my leading (and appologies to everyone that danced near us for the one 'bumper-car' dance I had...:sick:...I can only blame dwindeling energy, poor music {:devil:}, and a partner that I was too focused on. :innocent:

Too many lovley dances to name everyone (well, that and I can't remember names :blush: ).

Franck
23rd-February-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon

All of the above. The BB is definately becoming the top Ceroc venue in Scotland.....What else can I say, I had a brilliant week-end, so many good dances, so much inspiration at the workshops (eventhough my brain was aching with all the footwork during the West Coast Swing :wink: ).

How wonderful to meet Mary and Tony, Sarah, Bardsey, great to see everyone, what a buzz! :D
Only regret is not getting a dance with Lily and everyone else I missed on the night...

Very little sleep, but it seems everyone was full of stamina as they all turned up at the workshops on the Sunday! Lisa and I loved teaching the Classic moves and essential footwork workshops, definitely to be repeated!

The Beach Ballroom did us proud again, and the Tramp's set was one of his best. Great mix of inspiring music...
Next one is 22nd May (busy month, but I reckon we can handle it :wink: ) and this time I have confirmed in triplicate that we can dance until 2.00am, so more time to catch those elusive dancers!!!

Big thanks to Steve (tramp) for stepping in for Erick at the last minute, to David and Lily for enriching our dancing world (also at last minute when Bill and Bex couldn't make it), to Sheena for helping me keep track of everyone during the workshops (and for the dances :drool: )

2 weeks to go until Blackpool and judging by the mood and standard of dancing, Scotland will definitely be noticed again :nice: :waycool:

TheTramp
23rd-February-2004, 01:10 PM
I really enjoyed myself on Saturday. One of the best nights dancing that I've had in a long time. Thanks to all the ladies for the great dances I had (too many people to name, but you know who you are), especially the last 3 of the night :wink:.

Thank you also to all the people who (both here, and after we'd finished) have commented on how much you enjoyed the music. It was one of those nights that just seemed to flow for me. Didn't really have to stop and think much about what I was putting on, which is always a good sign. Sorry, I didn't save the playlist, else I'd have posted it up.

Look forward to seeing you all again soon. :D

Trampy :whistle:

Chris
23rd-February-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
Me and Andy had a great night also at BB, music was good.
What made the weekend though was meeting up with Chris and Sarah and Bardsey and John, had a great weekend guys and it was lovely to meet you all, Hope to do it again sometime, :hug: :hug: possibly at southport if we can manage.

Can I just add my thanks to Sarah's - you and Andy made it a very special weekend - hope to see you both again soon :flower:

Gus
23rd-February-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Sorry, I didn't save the playlist, else I'd have posted it up.

SHAME ... best set I've heard you play! Varied and tempting ... what more can dancers ask for:grin:

Dance Demon
23rd-February-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Gus
SHAME ... best set I've heard you play! Varied and tempting ... what more can dancers ask for:grin:

Totally agree Gus.....i don't think I sat down all night, the music was that good....................'cept he didn't play the Mavericks..:wink: :rofl:

Jive Brummie
23rd-February-2004, 08:07 PM
Can only agree with what everyone else has already written.....not very original I know but very true all the same.

I had some lovely dances with some lovely ladies (melanie, Mary:clap:, Lily, Lisa and all the ones who's name's I don't know, particularly an american lady from aberdeen who I dance with now and again but can't rememebr your name:blush: V.Funky!!)

Franck your efforts really must be applauded. The work you put into these events must be huge and you deserve all the praise written here.

BB - probably?..........definately, the best venue in Scotland, and it lived up to it's reputation.

Didn't make the workshops I'm afraid but I could tell who did...all you ladies that took the long way round:whistle: :clap: and very impressed I was too.

Trampy..........you've already read it and your head must be massive by now...but your music was excellent..well done old bean.

James:cheers:

John S
24th-February-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Heather
We're not old at all
Speak for yourself!

Great night though - I can only echo what everyone else has said about the venue, the music, the organisation and the company - all first class and unmissable. (Same goes for the party in Harry's room afterwards!)
:cheers:

Bardsey
24th-February-2004, 05:16 PM
Thank you to everyone. I had a brilliant time and got loads of great dances. Everyone was so friendly and really made us feel welcome.

Big special thank you to Franck for all his hard work (lovely meeting you and dancing with you at last) David and Lily for the workshop (I'll always go the "long way round" in future) and a big kiss to David just cos he's a Yorkshireman! To Trampy, cos despite my teasing after the dance, his music was spectacular. Every time I tried to sit down for a breather he put another belter on and I had to grab some poor unsuspecting man for a dance!

BIG thank you to Xsalsa_Angel and Andy, for really looking after us and to Chris and Sarah for the great company (I bear the scars of Chris's goodnight hug early hours of Sunday morn - 2 cuts on my foot from the Bud bottle - Franck you were a witness, shall I sue....lol?)

Last but not least, to all the guys for the great dances, all the forum members for being so happy to meet me and to Bill for that great bluesy dance! :drool:

Jill x :flower: