PDA

View Full Version : Blues dance on 28th with Lounge Lizard

Rachel
20th-February-2004, 05:50 PM
Now, here's a wonderful chance to see the infamous Peter Phillips, aka Lounge Lizard, in action - as both teacher and dj!

It's a blues party which is taking place in Ampthill, Bedfordshire this Saturday 28 February.

It's a ticket-only event, to ensure no over-crowding, starting at 9pm, with a blues class by Peter at 9.30pm.

This is the second of these events to take place. The first, with lessons from (I believe) Joseph and Trisha Sewell and also Alan Pratt and Sarah was really successful.

Future events will also include lessons by Joseph and Trisha (Sat 8 May), then Nigel and Nina (Sat 3 July).

Take a look at the website for more details, though I recommend booking a place early, just to make sure: www.bluesdance.org.uk.

Me and Marc will be there, too, so hope to see some of you!
Rachel

Aleks
20th-February-2004, 06:07 PM
It finishes at 11.45!
Does everything end so early down there?
Makes me appreciate that we can dance till 1 am up here.:grin:

Lounge Lizard
20th-February-2004, 08:51 PM
hi, thank for the comments Rachel :hug:

Aleks the organisers originaly booked a local venue with no finish time, the plan was I stop playing when everyone stops dancing.

Unfortunatly they lost the venue [how can you mis-place a bloody geat hall!] so with a few weeks to go had to find a replacement.

Please support these guys it is a non profit venture to bring the blues to the midlands.
The class will be

None of us are charging for time or taking profit, all proceeds are going towards next event.

So who is going to join us?

Rachel
23rd-February-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
Aleks the organisers originaly booked a local venue with no finish time, the plan was I stop playing when everyone stops dancing. Unfortunatly they lost the venue [how can you mis-place a bloody geat hall!] so with a few weeks to go had to find a replacement...
This is true - a late finish had been planned. Unfortunately, that's not possible this time round because of the change of venue.

But there have been discussions to see if people would like future events to finish very late - i.e. possibly 4am. And I'm definitely up for that!

However, as LL said, these events are non-profit making, so support for this dance will just go to finance the next one.
Rachel

Daniel Sandars
25th-February-2004, 04:45 PM
Limited last minute tickets will be held on the door. Get in touch soon and we will get directions to you. :)

The venue (Ampthill) is with easy reach of the M1 and A1. Nearest Rail station (3 miles away) is Flitwick

Contact: bluesman@bluesdance.org.uk or call 07946 623112 or better still message me on the forum

Full details can be found at [url]http://www.bluesdance.org.uk

This is a non profit making initiative by fellow dancers to promote great Blues parties and teaching in the North London/ Home Counties/ South Midlands area.

In time we could inspire/ help other groups set up regular Blues closer in other areas. :clap:

Go on give it a go! or if not get in touch and give us a vote of confidence to boost our moral.:cheers:

Daniel & Stephanie Sandars
on behalf of BluesDance