PDA

View Full Version : Masked Ball of the East 2004

cerocmetro
17th-February-2004, 05:56 PM
Saturday 10th April 2004

Now in it's 3rd year. One of THE biggest freestyle events of the year. Last year 997 people. This year, it should not be quite so busy, it is Easter weekend. Also this year there will be even more fans.

The venue. Have you ever heard one complaint about the Walthamstow Assembly Hall. It is huge, superb floor, wicked sound system, Jon Brett (who has been DJ'ing for CerocMetro for 6 years now), is one of the main DJ's together with other resident CerocMetro DJ's Tez & Robin.

Tickets are £12 in advance or £15 on the door. There will be tickets on the door as we will limit pre sales to 600.

If you were there last year or at the JiveMasters final you know what a great night this is going to be.

7.45 doors open dancing to 1am. Oh yes , there is a Dance with a stranger competition. FREE to enter. £500 cash prize money and a huge huge trophy to win.

To enter the DWAS you need to register at the venue by 8.45pm. This also means that there is no lull at the beginning of the evening for things to get moving. Last year by 8.30 there were over 500 people in the hall.

This is a dance NOT to miss. There is hardly anything on that weekend, why? because there is no point!!!

Tickets can purchased by email ceroc@hotmail.com or credit card 07768 005858
See you all there

Bill
18th-February-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by cerocmetro
Saturday 10th April 2004

Now in it's 3rd year. One of THE biggest freestyle events of the year. Last year 997 people. This year, it should not be quite so busy, it is Easter weekend. Also this year there will be even more fans.

Hope to make it Adam........................ it's the 10th April then :na: :whistle:

cerocmetro
18th-February-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Bill
Hope to make it Adam........................ it's the 10th April then :na: :whistle:

:grin: hope to see you there:rofl:

cerocmetro
1st-April-2004, 03:10 PM
Just in case you forgot :rofl:

Saturday 10th April 2004

The venue. Have you ever heard one complaint about the Walthamstow Assembly Hall. It is huge, superb floor, wicked sound system, Jon Brett (who has been DJ'ing for CerocMetro for 6 years now), is one of the main DJ's together with other resident CerocMetro DJ's Tez & Robin.

Tickets are £12 in advance or £15 on the door. There will be tickets on the door as we will limit pre sales to 600.

If you were there last year or at the JiveMasters final you know what a great night this is going to be.

7.45 doors open dancing to 1am. Oh yes , there is a Dance with a stranger competition. FREE to enter. £500 cash prize money and a huge huge trophy to win.

To enter the DWAS you need to register at the venue by 8.45pm. This also means that there is no lull at the beginning of the evening for things to get moving. Last year by 8.30 there were over 500 people in the hall.

This is a dance NOT to miss. There is hardly anything on that weekend, why? because there is no point!!!

Tickets can purchased by email ceroc@hotmail.com or credit card 07768 005858
See you all there

Bill
1st-April-2004, 03:20 PM
Think I'm meant to be there next Saturday...........you may not recognise me of course.....I'll have a mask on:D Better not wear the kilt then.......bit of a giveaway :na:

Bill
1st-April-2004, 04:28 PM
I will be there..........just checked with my hostess :D be great if anyone from the forum who is there can say hi :cheers: You'll easily spot me .....I'll be the one in a mask. No idea what to wear yet..........what about tartan trews ??????

Minnie M
1st-April-2004, 04:52 PM
I'll be there too :cheers:

Can I collect my birthday dance please Bill :hug:

Bill
1st-April-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M
I'll be there too :cheers:

Can I collect my birthday dance please Bill :hug:

delighted......... really looking forward to it :hug:

Minnie M
1st-April-2004, 06:31 PM
delighted......... really looking forward to it :hug:

:drool:

Liz
5th-April-2004, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cerocmetro
[B]Saturday 10th April 2004

Can somebody tell me where this is taking place please?

Alfie
5th-April-2004, 06:27 PM
We'll be there as well. Please come and look at shoes.

Alf and Ness

cerocmetro
5th-April-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Liz
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cerocmetro
[B]Saturday 10th April 2004

Can somebody tell me where this is taking place please?

Hi Liz
The Walthamstow Assembley Hall, Forest Road, Walthamstow, London E17

It will take you about 30 minutes from the junction of the M25 and M1

Adam

Minnie M
5th-April-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Alfie
We'll be there as well. Please come and look at shoes.

Alf and Ness

Can I reserve a dance please Alfie :flower:

Mary
5th-April-2004, 10:22 PM
Got the tickets in the post. Looking forward to it. Got the mask, but.............oh, what to wear, what to wear??? Been stamina-building at a certain weekend in preparation for the ball. :wink:

M

Tiggerbabe
6th-April-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Mary
Got the tickets in the post. Looking forward to it.

I'm jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. you can borrow the strokeables Mary :wink:

Alfie
6th-April-2004, 08:29 AM
Can I reserve a dance please Alfie :flower:

It will be my Pleasure Miss Mouse :grin: :grin:

Alfie
6th-April-2004, 08:30 AM
Is this a black tie do?

ElaineB
6th-April-2004, 12:56 PM
Alfie,

Re black tie - presume so, but be careful where you wear it - some Ladies are prone to leading! :rofl:

A few of us are coming up from Bristol - look forward to trying to put names to masks!

Elaine

Sheepman
6th-April-2004, 01:04 PM
Is this a black tie do? It certainly wasn't last time I went (2 years ago), but there was plenty of sparkling going on. Some of the ladies looked good too :wink:

Greg

Emma
6th-April-2004, 06:12 PM
It will take you about 30 minutes from the junction of the M25 and M1 Unless I'm navigating, in which case it takes everso *slightly* longer and involves a bit of driving in sort of the wrong direction :waycool:

I have nothing to wear either...SHeeeeeeNAAAAh?!

Am all excited though. Bill, Alfie, book me in? :flower: (and Alfie, take no notice - wear black tie :drool: )

Lory
6th-April-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Emma

Am all excited though. Bill, Alfie, book me in? :flower: (and Alfie, take no notice - wear black tie :drool: )
:yeah:

Us girls love it when the men make an effort! :yum: :drool:

Alfie
6th-April-2004, 07:25 PM
Ok Ladies,
Black tie already in the bag, with strokable waistcoat. When the boss lets me out from behind the shoe stall I will oblige anyone who asks for a dance:grin: :grin:

Mary
6th-April-2004, 07:36 PM
Ok Ladies,
Black tie already in the bag, with strokable waistcoat. When the boss lets me out from behind the shoe stall I will oblige anyone who asks for a dance:grin: :grin:

So here I have a clue of where to seek you out for an introduction.

Sheena, about those stokeables............

M

Bill
7th-April-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Emma

I have nothing to wear either

in that case I really am looking forward to another dance :innocent: :wink: :D

and now I'm not sure what I should take ....somehting obviously Scottish ....or anonymous ???:what: :na:

Tiggerbabe
8th-April-2004, 12:53 AM
and now I'm not sure what I should take
Come on now girls - and Bill - relax. *calm soothing noises* :hug: :hug: :hug:

Emma - I seem to remember a beautiful dress worn to the Beach Ballroom last June for the midsummer madness thingy - perfect :D
And then there's the top from Northwich to change into with the sexy satiny trousers - you know which one I mean :drool:

Bill - the tartan trews are a must, along with the Jacobite shirt - perfect too. :D

Mary - you had a beautiful dress on at the Beach Ballroom too, - lovely floaty number - and strokeable too if I remember correctly............mmmmn strokeables, we love strokeables....... :kiss:

Otherwise - contact Lily - she's got more outfits than me :whistle:

Boomer
8th-April-2004, 11:20 AM
Would you believe it! Talk of black-ties (I love wearing them...sometimes with a suit) a major dance event and its at a venue that is 5 mins from my front door! And I'm working :tears: Snotfair :sad: Oh well, have fun in my absense...it is a good venue. :sulk:

Fran
8th-April-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
a major dance event and its at a venue that is 5 mins from my front door! And I'm working :tears: Snotfair :sad: Oh well, have fun in my absense...it is a good venue. :sulk:

I can sympathise with you , I dont know if i can make it either yet :tears: :tears:

I am sure every one will have a fabby time. :cheers:

JamesGeary
8th-April-2004, 03:37 PM
I'll be there! Yipee!

dee
8th-April-2004, 05:22 PM
Me and sis too

Sheepman
9th-April-2004, 09:51 AM
I only have time for one short post today, but it IS hot news. The latest in ovines from New Zealand was presented to me yesterday, it's the vibrating lamb!! I shall have him (?) about my person tomorrow night for all those that MUST experience this innovation!

Of course you won't be able to recognise me because of the mask, but the effect of the vibrations may be something of a giveaway! :blush:

Greg

Minnie M
11th-April-2004, 02:56 PM
Wot an Easter !

2 great dances following each other :clap: :clap:

Last night was absolutely amazing :clap: I thought I was danced out at 12:30am but still managed a couple more before the end at 1am :cheers:

Well done to Ian & Haley winning the DWAS and the dynamic SimonR for coming second and the "always a joy to dance with" Mr. Sheepman for coming 3rd (when will he be the bride :wink: ) - great comp

Had a great 'swopping' dance with John Sweeney and the :drool: borrowed Bill - wot fun :rofl: but great dancing, thanks fellas

To all the men who danced with me :worthy: thanks for the great dances including the one from Alfie

Thank you Adam, Mandy and the Ceroc Metro crew, yet again another successful night for them, they certainly know how to put on a party :worthy:

PS: Thanks to BoozyBird - great driving, got there in 1hr20mins ! AND back in not much over the hour - amazing (mind you the navigator was a bit good)

pps: And hello to ElaineP - nice meeting another forumite :hug:

ElaineB
11th-April-2004, 03:37 PM
Hi Minnie,

It was great to meet you too and thank you for the list of dances. :kiss:

Had a some fantastic dances with some of the forumites, as did some of my friends from Bristol - thanks guys!

It was well worth getting home at 5.00am - did you know that the birds are starting to sing at that time of the morning!! :rofl:

Gregg, thought your vibrating/dancing sheep was fab - wonder how it would have done in DWAS? Did it have a blindfold? :rofl:

Elaine

Lory
11th-April-2004, 04:37 PM

Last night was absolutely amazing
:yeah: I had a wonderful evening, I just love it when everyone makes an effort to dress up, all the men looked :drool:
Walthamstow is such a great venue, the floor is superb!

Well done to Ian & Haley winning the DWAS..........
and to everyone else who entered, great entertainment value, even for those of us who haven't got the guts to enter :blush:

To all the men who danced with me :worthy: thanks for the great dances including the one from Alfie
Yes, thanks Alfie :hug: I was so spoilt last night, dance after dance with great dancers but not only great dancers, lovely, fun people, who made me feel really great!
Bill...ooooooh he's soo smooth! (great to meet u at last) Greg, such musicality, Hevmate, wow she's a great lead (mental note, must get her to teach me that wiggly thing she was trying to get me to do) I had my first ever dance with a Simon R, what a giggle! and Tony, he's got some 'wicked' moves! Thankyou to Minnie, for introducing me to a guy called Phil? And I had loads of dances with Mark from Bristol, we always have fun!
Apology to all the people I've forgotten, I know i'll be kicking my self the minute i've posted this!

Thank you Adam, Mandy and the Ceroc Metro crew, yet again another successful night for them, they certainly know how to put on a party:yeah:

And hello to ElaineP - nice meeting another forumite did I meet you?

I must tell you all, Mrs sheepy told me the story of how her 60year old aunt had noticed that something was sadly lacking in the Sheepy household, so she brought them a woolly vibrator and now their life is complete, Greg proudly showed it off to all who would look and I have to say, it was a beautiful beautiful thang! Mrs Sheep had a sereneness I've never seen in her before and Mr Sheepy looked relaxed with a slight twinkle in eye! :whistle: :rofl:

P.s. My feet are killing me!

Minnie M
11th-April-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Lory
I must tell you all, Mrs sheepy told me the story of how her 60year old aunt had noticed that something was sadly lacking in the Sheepy household, so she brought them a woolly vibrator and now their life is complete, Greg proudly showed it off to all who would look and I have to say, it was a beautiful beautiful thang!!

:confused: vibrating sheepy thing :confused: how come I didn't get to see this thing :wink:

Sorry Elaine got my P and B mixed up ! Great meeting you though :hug:

Alfie
11th-April-2004, 08:02 PM
Thankyou all ladies for allowing me the honour of dancing with you. Can we do it again soon please?
Great night congrats to Adam and his crew for a great night. Good music, nice floor, loads of nice people to talk to and dance with.
Lory and Dangerous Curves, it was nice to meet you both and everyone else I met from the forum. See you all again soon.
Happy Easter.

P.S. Miss Mouse, it was Electric!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Minnie M
11th-April-2004, 08:08 PM
P.S. Miss Mouse, it was Electric!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

:blush: :drool: :blush: thank yuooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ElaineB
11th-April-2004, 08:38 PM
Hi Lory,

No we didn't get to meet - although I asked Minnie to point you out, but you were too far away.

I was in the group with Mark, all from Bristol. We all go off to do our own thing, but you may have spotted us all in the corner at one point - I was the blond haired one, wearing a sparklie red number.

Yep, Mark is fab isn't he! A really good dancer and a great laugh! :D

I really enjoyed myself and as usual had some smashing dances with Gregg. It was fantastic to dance with Bill, Simon R, Tony and Asif - can't wait to bump into you all again! :flower:

Elaine

Sheepman
12th-April-2004, 10:57 AM
:confused: vibrating sheepy thing :confused: how come I didn't get to see this thing Don't worry, next time, (provided he's not worn out :wink: )

And thank you Elaine, Lory & Minnie, you've got me :blush: plenty of fab dances, though I didn't feel I was on form on Saturday night, maybe I'm just used to more space. Thanks also to my DWAS partner, Delia, who kept going despite me going a bit wild! Her first ever competition, with plenty of elegance and style, I hope she does well at Hammersmith next month.

Greg

dee
12th-April-2004, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Minnie M
[B]:confused: vibrating sheepy thing :confused: how come I didn't get to see this thing :wink:

Yeah i didnt get to see the sheepy thing either. Thanks Greg also for a fab dance, and to Bill who danced with me in the DWAS comp, shame we never got anywhere, was my first comp to, would of been nice to of got some where, oh well had a really great night found it hard to walk by the end of the evening i had danced so much :what:

Sheepman
12th-April-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by dee
i didnt get to see the sheepy thing either. The offer was there! Maybe you could bribe me with some cake at the next tea dance, I'll supply the fur/wool ball. :drool:

Greg

dee
12th-April-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
The offer was there! Maybe you could bribe me with some cake at the next tea dance, I'll supply the fur/wool ball. :drool:

Greg

Was looking for you at the end of the night but didnt see you. I wont be at the tea dance next week, but will make it next month, so i will make an extra special cake, just for you :flower:

Sheepman
12th-April-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by dee
extra special cake, just for you :flower: What can I say? :flower: Except for, when is it? I hope I can make it. Are we on thread here?

Greg

DangerousCurves
12th-April-2004, 05:51 PM
...Dangerous Curves, it was nice to meet you ...

Great to meet you too - and lovely to be introduced to ElaineB (whose dress I utterly covetted! :devil: )

Such fun putting faces to names at last! :hug: