PDA

View Full Version : Lets not talk about dance

dee
16th-February-2004, 10:35 PM
Help! im new to all this and i see most of you have lovely motifs under your names, can someone please tell me how you are doing this as its driving me crazy :sick:

Also what is a cookie? the only ones i know are the ones you dunk in my tea ha ha !

Sorry for being so blonde x

dee
16th-February-2004, 11:10 PM
Aha, at last after all the searching i found the avatars!

Thanks

Emma
16th-February-2004, 11:29 PM
Dee, if you go to the tab at the top of the page and click 'user cp' and then click on 'edit profile' you'll get your profile page - the box called 'signature ' is the bit where you put anything profound or plain silly that you want to show up after each post you make.:grin:

Have fun!! I'm moving this query to the technical problems/questions section of the forum :cheers:

Emma :nice:

Dreadful Scathe
16th-February-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Emma
the box called 'signature ' is the bit where you put anything profound or plain silly

i thought thats what the main body of your post was for ? :) well, maybe not the profound bit :)

Emma
16th-February-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
i thought thats what the main body of your post was for ? :) Only for blue people.....Tsk!

foxylady
17th-February-2004, 01:02 AM
i thought thats what the main body of your post was for ? :) well, maybe not the profound bit :)

I've always wondered how you managed to get your 'senior smurf' designation ???

TheTramp
17th-February-2004, 09:02 AM
It's not senior!! :D

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
17th-February-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
It's not senior!! :D

Steve

indeed, a common misconception - some people just read what they expect rather than read whats there:).

foxylady
17th-February-2004, 11:22 AM
indeed, a common misconception - some people just read what they expect rather than read whats there:).

Or they can't type straight after a heavy night... Still doesn't explain how it gets there !!

Dreadful Scathe
17th-February-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by foxylady
Or they can't type straight after a heavy night... Still doesn't explain how it gets there !!

You had a heavy night ? you can't explain what you type ? or are you talking about my spanish designation 'Senor Smurf' ?

ole

foxylady
17th-February-2004, 05:43 PM
You had a heavy night ? you can't explain what you type ? or are you talking about my spanish designation 'Senor Smurf' ?

ole

I'll try again.

How are you able to customise your designation to read 'senor smurf' ? I should like mine to read 'Heart throb' if only I had the know how to alter it.

Muchas gracias

dee
17th-February-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by foxylady
I'll try again.

How are you able to customise your designation to read 'senor smurf' ? I should like mine to read 'Heart throb' if only I had the know how to alter it.

Muchas gracias

I will be quite interested to know that one myself :rolleyes:

Gadget
18th-February-2004, 09:31 AM
You can't; only forum moderators can change the status: normally it goes "Junior Member", "Member", "Senior Member" depending on the number of posts.
Some 'special' people {:tears:} are known well by the moderators, or have earned their title by the persona they portray here: eg The Orical is a font of knowledge and wisdom. Just a Beginner is one of the most acoumplished and smoothest dancers you can dance with. Senor Smurf is a bastardisation of "Senior Member". ODA has earned "Official Devils Advocate" by taking a stand opposed to most accepted ways of thinking. Forum Ledgend has recently been instated, although I thought that most ledgends were fictional. And dead.... may explain his dancing.... :wink:

Emma
18th-February-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Gadget
You can't; only forum moderators can change the status:Nah, only the omnipresent administrator can! :nice:

Forum Ledgend has recently been instated, although I thought that most ledgends were fictional. And dead.... may explain his dancing.... :wink: :what: :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
18th-February-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Emma
Nah, only the omnipresent administrator can! :nice:
:what: :rofl:

Kinda shows up your omnipotent label as a downright lie doesnt it...all you can do is delete posts or edit them so they <snip>

Last edited by Emma the All powerful moderator - all hail Emma and bow before her majesty