PDA

View Full Version : cars again

Paul F
16th-February-2004, 02:47 PM
Does anyone on the forum drive a Peugeot 206??

Im looking to buy one and would like to know if anyone has had any major problems.

Thanks

Debster
16th-February-2004, 03:02 PM
ummm... nope - but needing to sell a fiat punto soon...

(well, you brought up the subject of cars... thought I might as well advertise)

Doc Iain
16th-February-2004, 03:29 PM
Nope, but we did test drive the 206 CC the other day. It seemed quite nice, except that the drive shaft from the steering wheel is exposed right next to your clutch -feels a bit wierd having it rub against your foot as you turn the wheel! Boot a fair size for a solid rag top too (can one have a solid rag top?.hmmm).

Went well on the A3!

Paul F
16th-February-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Doc Iain
Nope, but we did test drive the 206 CC the other day. It seemed quite nice, except that the drive shaft from the steering wheel is exposed right next to your clutch -feels a bit wierd having it rub against your foot as you turn the wheel! Boot a fair size for a solid rag top too (can one have a solid rag top?.hmmm).

Went well on the A3!

I thought I felt something rubbing against my foot

:grin: oooer!

Im guessing thats not a fault but just a case of not too brilliant design?

Dance Demon
16th-February-2004, 05:30 PM
A mate of mine bought a new 206 and has had a fair bit of bother with it. He's not too impressed and has just traded it in for a Honda. I hired a brand new 307 in Ireland a year ago, and wasn't very impressed with it. kinda gone off Peugeots now..........

Paul F
16th-February-2004, 06:37 PM
Does anyone know about Consumer Law :confused:

I have put a deposit down on the car and will pay the amount on wednesday when I pick it up.

How long do I have, after paying for it, to be able to take it back for a refund?? (im guessing i would lose the deposit)

It comes with a 3month warranty but im not sure if that has anything to do with it.

bobgadjet
16th-February-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Paul F
Does anyone know about Consumer Law :confused:

I have put a deposit down on the car and will pay the amount on wednesday when I pick it up.

How long do I have, after paying for it, to be able to take it back for a refund?? (im guessing i would lose the deposit)

It comes with a 3month warranty but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. If you can "prove" thjat it's "not of manchantable quality" you get your money back, and should be able to get your deposit also.
Try proving that tho :(
If it was a reputable dealer you should be OK, but may have to buy something else from them.
That 3 months warranty may not be worth the paper it's written on, if you read the small print.
I've always found that if you want to get to know if a car is "for you" or not, is to hire one. Doing that saved me making a mistake of buying a Citroen ZX some years back, altho I like Citroens. I could not get comfortable, and without that magic suspension, a Citroen just isn't a Citroen IMHO.

Good Luck
:cheers:

Paul F
16th-February-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by bobgadjet

Good Luck

Thanks Bob.

Yeah, i have a good idea of what its like to drive.

Fingers crossed :grin:

Pete
16th-February-2004, 08:11 PM
Hi Paul

Would you want to take the car back because you didn't like it or because there was something wrong with it? I get the impression from your post that it's the former. If this is the case, you wouldn't have any rights and would be throwing yourself on the mercy of the dealer. Some dealers operate an exchange policy under which you can exchange a car you don't get on with for another of equivalent or higher value within a fixed period of time (usually 7 days, I think).

If there is a problem with the car you have lots of rights, though you might have to kick up a big fuss to persuade the dealer to respect them.

All the best

Pete

Jive Brummie
16th-February-2004, 09:21 PM
Two lads at work have just both bought these. One a GTI and the other a '180'. Both el-rapido but both a bit pricey. The 180 has cost the guy 17 big ones!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately though the build quality is questionable and it's said that you wouldn't want to have a crash in one...........but then again, you wouldn't want to have a crash in anything eh:confused:

Personally, when i had a look at an HDI i thought it felt very safe, secure and solid.

I'd agree with Pete though. If you have any problems you really do have to go radio rental at the garage to get any joy........

James....

Paul F
16th-February-2004, 09:26 PM
I was only thinking if it has a problem.

Ive just been reading through the trading standards guides (what a fun monday evening!!) and it sounds promising so i wont worry too much any more.

Thanks for replying though guys.

Pammy
27th-April-2004, 05:12 PM
Just so you all know, I'm now the proud owner of...

The Golden Bullet.

Keep your eyes peeled, you can't miss it :wink:

Bill
27th-April-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Pammy

The Golden Bullet.

Is that a car ????? or something you're keeping in case you meet a werewolf :sick: :D

Nick M
27th-April-2004, 06:12 PM
The Golden Bullet

Originally posted by Bill
Is that a car ????? or something you're keeping in case you meet a werewolf :sick: :D

The only golden bullet i can find is this one

http://www.intimatesynergy.com/go/d/pproduct_description.php/c/sc/sk1109-07/sid/

dee
27th-April-2004, 06:53 PM

Same here, i have a really classy 1986 Cavalier, no rust as most of the body work is on my drive:rofl: cant fault it though, it goes like a dream, oh and it has also installed the latest air conditioning all by its self :rofl: the only thing i have to watch, is the weather as every time it rains i have this sprinkling thing going on from the sun roof. You should all save your money and by one, was told mine was worth at least £25, you can pay the whole lot off in just one installment

Boomer
27th-April-2004, 07:09 PM

Originally posted by Nick M
http://www.intimatesynergy.com/go/d/pproduct_description.php/c/sc/sk1109-07/sid/
If Bill is right, what on earth can the werewolf expect!?!
:what:

Pammy
28th-April-2004, 09:26 AM
Hey, what can I say, at $7.14 it was cheaper than a car :wink:

Seriously though, I don't know what's more worrying here, that the Boomer thinks it's funny I've chosen the "pocket exotic" or that Nick was aware they even existed :what: :rofl:

In a world where even the "cars" thread will end up "outside", no wonder we are at the mercy of the subservient chicken... :grin:

Dreadful Scathe
28th-April-2004, 09:32 AM

What do werewolves have against gold ? Its silver that kills them - you're thinking of Dr Whos cybermen :)

I cant help with this as I have never technically owned a car outright - i have no interest in them. I do drive though. Computers on the other hand...

..just bought a gp32, superb handheld console with a 3.5" screen, runs emulators for Spectrum Games as well as SNES, ATARI, GAMEBOY and lots more. Can also use it as a video player (plays divx files) and an mp3 player.

groovy ...yes.

Expensive...£90 including postage :D

am i sad ?

Boomer
28th-April-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
...emulators for Spectrum Games ...

am i sad ?

Sigh, Ranarama..Dark Scepter, those were the days young-fella-me-lad. Cars? Nope, no idea.

Bill
28th-April-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

..just bought a gp32, superb handheld console with a 3.5" screen, runs emulators for Spectrum Games as well as SNES, ATARI, GAMEBOY and lots more. Can also use it as a video player (plays divx files) and an mp3 player.

groovy ...yes.

Expensive...£90 including postage :D

am i sad ?

what ?????????? :confused: :rolleyes: :sick:

Bet you just made up a few words to try and impress us :( well you're not impressing anyone young man. I happen to have a computer at home which I can switch on and off ..............so there :clap:

ElaineB
28th-April-2004, 08:53 PM

Nick,

Will you bring one on Friday to demo?? :rofl: In that shirt?

Elaine

:flower:

Nick M
28th-April-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by ElaineB
Will you bring one on Friday to demo?? :rofl: In that shirt?

in which shirt??

Or is that like "in these shoes"?

ElaineB
28th-April-2004, 09:37 PM
in which shirt??

Or is that like "in these shoes"?

Yup!! :rofl:

Elaine

Daisy
29th-April-2004, 12:06 AM

The Golden Bullet.

This is very interesting Pammy! Of course I've heard of a Silver Shadow but not your model. Now do tell us what the spec is;

For instance....is it manual or automatic?
....what sort of big end does it have?
....does it come with a rev counter and satalite
navigation, in case you get lost?
....how is the consumption and is there rosd side
assistance and home start in an emergancy?
:rofl:

You'll be 'running it in' at the moment I dare say.

Take care and don't go mad.:rofl: :rofl: :whistle:

Boomer
29th-April-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Daisy
This is very interesting Pammy! ...Take care and don't go mad.:rofl: :rofl: :whistle:
Speaking on behalf of the young–lady I hear that:
It has 5 gear..speeds;
Incredibly energy efficient;
It is a discrete little number, perfectly suited for buzzing around London.

All-in-all, the overall impression is one of contentment, “excellent bang for buck”.
:innocent:

Pammy
29th-April-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
“excellent bang for buck”.
:innocent:

I knew this hadn't reached "dirty-enough" depths yet :rofl: so I wasn't suprised to see a few more comments today... I honestly didn't know what a "golden bullet" was - but I should've known that someone on here would :grin:

All I can say on my new addition is, can't seem to get the radio to tune, in, but other than that, all knobs seem to be functioning perfectly :wink: .

Pamster
x

Daisy
29th-April-2004, 07:01 PM
I honestly didn't know what a "golden bullet" was:grin:

Pamster
x

YEH YEH YEH......pull the other one Pammy:wink: :rofl:

Pammy
30th-April-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Daisy