PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Blackpool?

Mary
10th-February-2004, 07:03 PM
My sister and brother-in-law - both muggles - want to come and watch the Blackpool champs. Apart from the hotel that C2D have taken over, can anyone recommend/have contact for any other hotels - like the JiveBug hotel or Scotland hotels?

Ta everso. Getting close now - Help!!!

M

Chris
11th-February-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Mary
My sister and brother-in-law - both muggles - want to come and watch the Blackpool champs. Apart from the hotel that C2D have taken over, can anyone recommend/have contact for any other hotels - like the JiveBug hotel or Scotland hotels?

Ta everso. Getting close now - Help!!!

M

My own experience is, if you can be bothered, stay in a bed and breakfast (of which there are 'hundreds'). I've stayed two or three times in B&Bs and always been blown away by the standards, friendliness and value for money. The competition is fierce and many of them go out of their way to impress. The hotels in Blackpool know they can get away with anything - I've used them several times both for the Blackpool champs and other functions and they have little to recommend IMHO apart from convenience (ie if you're booking a package, or want to be in the same hotel as a large group.) It's not to say that the hotels aren't acceptable - but given the choice I would give them a miss every time.

Mary
11th-February-2004, 03:34 PM
Thanks for all the PMs guys. I've got something to go on now. Wow, this forum is SO useful.:kiss: :kiss:

Love and kisses and see you all soon. :cheers:

M