PDA

View Full Version : difference?

inspired
9th-February-2004, 02:58 PM
What are the differences in terms of style, teaching, and substance, between Leroc and Ceroc?
Is there any difference in that which is taught? I have been informed that there is greater emphasis on footwork within Leroc; would those who have attended classes in both forms agree with this view? Are Leroc teachers aware of anything which they emphasise which is generally not so within Ceroc?

Lounge Lizard
9th-February-2004, 03:22 PM
hi, Welcome to the forum
no, footwork is not a big thing in Leroc - It is in SOME leroc classes but not all.
My Leroc classes have a low emphasis on footwork whereas Roi forbes (and other) classes has a large emphasis.

Basicly ANYONE - INCLUDING a complete beginner can open up a venue and teach LeRoc
There is no control, Ceroc is the complete opposite.

The good thing about LeRoc is it has a wide range of teachers from basic to very advanced - but unlike Ceroc if you go to a LeRoc night it will not be the same from region to region

there is a Leroc federation, but at the moment it is a bit behind the times (sorry john).
There is no equilivqnt to CTA within Leroc federation...however I know of one member who is hoping to change all that.

Ceroc is a tried and trusted formula that works but has it's limitations
Leroc is a bit of a free for all that can be very very good or complete pants
Fortunatly the bad examples soon fadeaway.

Peter

Minnie M
9th-February-2004, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the forum 'Inspired' - could you let us know, where you are ? location that is ? or even which country ? We have found even Ceroc styles vary from one country to another :wink:

I have just seen Peter has answered your posting :flower: