PDA

View Full Version : Dance Quiz

Gadget
9th-February-2004, 02:04 PM
I'm just about finished a dance addiction quiz (in the "purity test" style- just for fun), but I am have a couple of slots for questions that are not filled in :
- one under the "Style" heading ("How many poses and walks do you insert into a dance","What do you wear to a dance evening"...)

- one under the "Social" heading ("how many evenings do you devote to dancing?", "How many social activites do you have outside of dancing?"...)

- one under an "Awareness" heading ("How often are your moves influenced by nearby dancers?","Do you notice when people change outfits?")

- and one under a "Bonus" section for addicts ("what's in your dancing bag?","How many teachers/taxis know you by name?"...)

Any ideas?

Tazmanian Devil
15th-February-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Gadget
I'm just about finished a dance addiction quiz (in the "purity test" style- just for fun), but I am have a couple of slots for questions that are not filled in :
- one under the "Style" heading ("How many poses and walks do you insert into a dance","What do you wear to a dance evening"...)
What ever I feel comfortable in on the day Could be a skirt, trousers so long as it's comfotable I don't care what I wear. With the poses and walks thing that rather depends who i'm dancing with. If im dancing with Jon then practically the whole song is poses and walks :devil:

- one under the "Social" heading ("how many evenings do you devote to dancing?", "How many social activites do you have outside of dancing?"...)
Oooh 5-6 nights a week for me and no time for other social activities what with working f/t and college p/t. Im not complaining mind :wink:

- one under an "Awareness" heading ("How often are your moves influenced by nearby dancers?","Do you notice when people change outfits?")
Can't say I really notice the moves going on around me when i'm dancing, too busy thinking eye contact and style!! :waycool: Although I always notice when people change their clothes. But then in saying that it's difficult to know when The Wacko has changed tops cause he has a wide selection of Black
t-shirts :rolleyes: :kiss:

- and one under a "Bonus" section for addicts ("what's in your dancing bag?","How many teachers/taxis know you by name?"...)

Any ideas?
In my dancing bag you will find, Deodrant, a flannel, Perfume, a hair brush, A fan, me cigs and purse.
Teachers and taxi's, now that one takes some thinking about. When you go to as many venues and get along with the teachers and taxi's from each. I think it works out something like 10 Teachers and 30ish Taxi's. :kiss: :hug:

fruitcake
15th-February-2004, 11:23 AM
Hows about have you had ceroc romances, have you had sleazes come on to you, do you like ucp moves,whats your fave venue, absolutley one and only fave ceroc tune,

etc
fruity

Yogi_Bear
15th-February-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by fruitcake
Hows about have you had ceroc romances, have you had sleazes come on to you, do you like ucp moves,whats your fave venue, absolutley one and only fave ceroc tune,

etc
fruity

A No
B Yes
C You bet!
D Bedford Corn Hall
E In these shoes? Kirsty Maccoll :cheers:

Gadget
19th-February-2004, 03:26 PM
Finally finished it :waycool: attached zip file contains an excel spreadsheet.

Six sections, ten questions per section with five multiple choice answers.

The second page gives the results - please feel free to flame me or comment on them.
:what::wink:

(no macros, so no need to worry about macro viruses. The book is also locked to prevent accidental mucking up of the formulas.)

DavidY
20th-February-2004, 07:12 PM
(no macros, so no need to worry about macro viruses. The book is also locked to prevent accidental mucking up of the formulas.) No scrollbars either. :(
(It won't fit properly on my screen so I can't easily get to the dropdowns at the end of each field)

fruitcake
21st-February-2004, 06:09 PM
Oh Dear Gadget, my works computer no likey your quiz, won't let it open......
Is there a simple version,ie text?
Fruitcake

Lounge Lizard
21st-February-2004, 07:31 PM
Moves 36 14% Impressive. People complement you on always surprising them and ask how various moves are performed.
Style 36 14% Cool. Your moves blend together well and people look to you for inspiration.
Music 46 18% You live and breath to a rhythm - the dance floor frees it for a while.
Social 41 16% Addict. You can't get enough; life revolves around it.
Awareness 39 16% Acute. You can notice and take in everything around
Bonus 122
Total 320 128.00%

Your knowledge and skills make you an ideal teacher. Some of your work must involve dancing or something connected to it. You live for dancing and don't know what you would do without it. You're other half has to be either very understanding, or a dancer as well.

well done gadjet I think that sums me up

Gadget
23rd-February-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by DavidY
No scrollbars either. :(
(It won't fit properly on my screen so I can't easily get to the dropdowns at the end of each field)
hmmm - I designed it for full-screen at 1024x768, I suppose that was a little narrow minded :blush: Just go to Tools-Options and on the "view" tab, tic the "horizontal scrollbar" on.

Originally posted by Fruitcake
Oh Dear Gadget, my works computer no likey your quiz, won't let it open......
Is there a simple version,ie text?
You're probably running Excel 97 (should see it on the splash-screen when it starts up) - it won't work in that. I will see if I can make it into a straight forward text page.

BTW: If anyone has a dancing web site and wants to put it there for download, feel free... I think I got all the spelling errors :wink:

Gadget
24th-February-2004, 09:46 AM
OK - attached is a revised eddition of the quiz: There are only a couple of small changes...

- The scoring level of a couple of questions were giving higher scores to elitist and hot-shot type answers. As anyone who reads my posts knows, this is not an attitude I feel should be promoted or awarded high marks in the quiz.

- A few spelling errors :blush: :whistle: were corrected

- A couple of questions/answers were re-worded to make better sense.

- The scroll-bars are enabled as default

If you have already downloaded and taken the test, then there is no point in doing this one: you're score my go up a couple of points, but that's it.

I have also included a text (RTF) version of the quiz in the zip file for those that couldn't open the spreadsheet.

Yogi_Bear
28th-February-2004, 12:31 AM
Very interesting - it made me think. My first attempt gave a rating of "Live to Dance" which seemed a bit excessive so after a second look at the questions and a bit of tweaking here and there I came up with:

Moves 34, 14% :Impressive. People compliment (one sp still to fix Gadget) you on always surprising them and ask how various moves are performed (Maybe - I surprise them with my unorthodox moves and they ask me what I'm trying to do :wink:

Style 30, 12%: Nice. you can feel the music and it showsin your dancing
Music 32, 13%: Being. You are unaware of dancing to the music - you dance with it.
Social 31, 12%: Addict. You can't get enough, life revolves around it
Awareness 37 15%: Acute. you can notice and take in everything around.

Love to dance: you are known on the scene and are sought out with frequency on the dance floor [not really sought out - wonder why that was deduced?]. You are rarely off the floor [not so] and even when off it your social circle is primarily made up of dancers [no]. dancing is one of the most enjoyable things you do [yes :wink: ]takes up a lot of your time [it does!] and you wouldn't have it any other way.

Not bad - I enjoyed completing it!

Gadget
1st-March-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Yogi_Bear
Very interesting - it made me think.
I think that if you answer truthfully and actually think about the answers you will get a better indication. One of the reasons behind compiling this was to ask again some of the questions posted here on the forum - perhaps stimulate more thoughts and get some more interesting threads...

Love to dance: you are known on the scene and are sought out with frequency on the dance floor [not really sought out - wonder why that was deduced?].
It was deduced from your score: you obviously have a great knowledge of moves and how to apply them to the music - anyone with this amount of skill and talent on the floor will be saught out occasionally.

You are rarely off the floor [not so]
In that case, you must spend a lot of time watching or talking about it: the deduction again was from the over-all score.

and even when off it your social circle is primarily made up of dancers [no].
A bit of a wild presumption I admit; but if you love to dance, I bet that a fair bit of conversation revolves around it.

dancing is one of the most enjoyable things you do [yes :wink: ]takes up a lot of your time [it does!] and you wouldn't have it any other way.

Not bad - I enjoyed completing it!
Well, at least I got the final sentance right :wink: Glad you enjoyed it.

Yogi_Bear
1st-March-2004, 02:58 PM

Well, at least I got the final sentance right :wink: Glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, there were some questions where none of the options seemed right so I opted for one at about the right level even if the actual text didn't apply. But these are small quibbles. I think I probably scored fairly highly through the breadth of interests rather than actual dance ability, but again that's all a part of what you're measuring, I suppose. Well done, Gadget :)

Gadget
20th-September-2004, 01:12 PM
While I was ressurecting old quiz threads, I thought I would ressurect this one as well....

"Dancing Addiction" - another XLS spread sheet,
{I have just removed the previous attachments and re-attached the same quiz, so if you have already down-loaded it the first time, you don't have to do it again.}