PDA

View Full Version : Weekends Weekends Weekends

Paul F
7th-February-2004, 01:39 AM
Just planning my year out and I was wondering if I have missed anything off.....

JAN -
Bognor

FEB -
Beach Ballroom
RockBottoms

MAR -
Stompin Brighton
(not including Blackpool)

APR -
RockBottoms
Camber

MAY -
(not including Ceroc Champs)
RockBottoms
Southport

JUN - AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

JUL -
Beach Boogie

AUG - AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

SEP -
Big Forum Gathering (BFG) * (special)

OCT -
RockBottoms

NOV -
Camber
RockBottoms

DEC - AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

So can anyone fill in anything i have missed. Might as well plan my year out now. (apologies to ones i have missed)

I guess June and September are understandably quiet due to summer hols etc but December.........come on!!! Nobody actually NEEDS xmas presents :wink:

There has to be something!

Saying that, thats a lot of weekenders :grin:

Better start saving :sad:

Minnie M
7th-February-2004, 02:30 AM
Other Modern Jive Weekenders that spring to mind :-

MARCH - Party Weekender (Weymouth)

MAY (I think) - Party Weekender (North Wales)

JUNE - Monster Jive Cocktail
(should be interesting this year as it is a Ceroc event now)

NOVEMBER - Party Weekender (Weymouth)

Paul F
7th-February-2004, 02:43 PM
Excellent , thanks Minnie.

I didnt realise there was THAT many weekenders.

I wonder if in a distant time some of these weekenders may combine to provide one huge MJ hol.

I wanted to book on loads of these events but with so many around now I just dont know what to do.

DavidY
29th-February-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Paul F
AUG - AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I know you weren't including championships on your list .. but did I read somewhere that the Scottish Ceroc Champs are in August this year?

Tiggerbabe
29th-February-2004, 11:53 PM
You did indeed, 14th August - Musselburgh. :grin:

Matt
7th-March-2004, 04:21 PM
You are also missing the Jive Weekend 5th - 8th November at Ribby Hall (near Blackpool).

Instructors include Viktor, Nigel & Nina, Amir, David & Val, Dave Martin and John Sweeney.

DJ's include Roger Chin, Peter Philips, Gus, Alec Southern and a few to confirm.

All from only £79 for 3 nights luxury accomodation, 3 freestyles, 20 workshops and top quality facilities.

To see full details including how to book visit www.blitzjive.com/ribby

We have set a maximum number at 500 so that you get tonnes of space to dance - the downside being you'd better book soon or you'll miss the chance - we've only had bookings open for 2 weeks and its 25% sold already.

See you there?

Matt

DavidY
8th-March-2004, 12:55 PM
Now that Blackpool is over and it's back to reality .. :sad:

So I need to get some more dance dates in my diary for the rest of the year, to have something to look forward to.

My diary is looking good for the weekend of 22-23 May. It looks like there's a choice of:
* Party Weekender in Pwllheli (North Wales)
* Beach Ballroom

But which should I choose? Went to Pwllheli last year and enjoyed it, never been to Beach Ballroom (and it's a lot further away).

Would anyone who's been to both like to offer an opinion on which I should choose...?

Thanks,
David

johnah
12th-March-2004, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Minnie M

MAY (I think) - Party Weekender (North Wales)

:flower:

Hey Minnie M, you forgot to mention the Southport Jive Extravadanca 14-17 May. It's gonna be an absolute blast! A non-stop weekend Jive party, with over 40 hours of dance workshops presented by the North's BEST EVER line-up of Teachers including:
Nigel & Nina
Amir & Kate
Viktor & Carol
Ren Lexander [Australian Champion]
Martin Elliott [Australian Champion]
Graham LeClerc & Sarah
Mikey - the UK's Cheekiest Dance Teacher
Peter Phillips - the UK's finest teacher of drops & seducers

The workshops are followed by nightly freestyle dancing until at least 4am, with some of the very very best DJ's playing a magical music mix, including:
Roger Chin
Peter Phillips
Rob Ambridge
John Baker
Nigel Anderson
Steve Lampert
Nigel 'Fatpants' Wale
Mikey
Wes Stala

On the Saturday night the "Gladrag Ball" will be one huge party, with cabaret including:

The Scintillating Sinners - UK Open Jive Championships Team Cabaret winners
Clayton & Janine - UK Open Jive Championships - Advanced Freestyle winners

The Extravadanca is going to be simply awesome and, you get all this for only £99 per person!! No catches!! Just great value!! And, remember, you don't have to get a group of 6 together to pay this price either. Unlike some promoters, we don't penalise our dancers with excessive supplement charges, we simply DON'T charge them.

Southport is selling fast, but there's still some availability. Checkout www.jiveaddiction.com for all the info' but don't leave it too late, you may end up being disappointed.

:cheers:

www.jiveaddiction.com

Minnie M
12th-March-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by johnah
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Minnie M

Hey Minnie M, you forgot to mention the Southport Jive Extravadanca 14-17 May.]

Good PR John :wink:

At the time of posting I was not aware of other weekenders

Minnie M
aka Lynda's List