PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc Newcastle

Rachel
6th-February-2004, 11:02 AM
Marc and I have just returned from a few days up north (well, north for us!) where we visited Ceroc Newcastle. I gather some of you are going there this weekend for Scot's workshop and the freestyle dance?

Well, I think you're in for an excellent time - the people there are fantastic and the venue's excellent. I gather (though someone please correct me, if I'm wrong) it's a non-profit making bar/venue - which is a nice change - and is also run as a drop-in centre for local people/charities.

I like the new floor, too - though, be warned, it's still at rather slippery at the moment. (Take a couple of pairs of shoes, to be sure!)

We went on Monday and Wednesday and both nights were wonderful. There's a very good standard of dancing there (after seeing the class on Monday, I can see why!) and everyone's really friendly (particularly Ann and Paul, who teach and run the franchise).

What was particularly nice were all the people who came to ask us for dances. (Does anyone else find that, normally, if you go to a new venue as a 'couple', you're not asked to dance so much?) But Marc was especially delighted that the ladies weren't at all shy in coming to ask him for dances.

Anyway, I hope that all of you who are going this Saturday have a brilliant time. Let us know how you enjoyed it!
Rachel

TheTramp
6th-February-2004, 01:00 PM
So. Why aren't you going to be there tomorrow night :tears:

Steve

Rachel
6th-February-2004, 01:12 PM
Partly work, and partly cos Marc is teaching at Chesham tonight. Otherwise, believe me, we would have been.

Enjoy!!
R x

TheTramp
6th-February-2004, 01:14 PM
You could have stayed behind while Marc went down to teach in Chesham.

Would have been an ideal opportunity for me to kidnap you and bring you to Scotland :whistle:

Steve

Bardsey
6th-February-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Rachel

What was particularly nice were all the people who came to ask us for dances. (Does anyone else find that, normally, if you go to a new venue as a 'couple', you're not asked to dance so much?) But Marc was especially delighted that the ladies weren't at all shy in coming to ask him for dances.

Anyway, I hope that all of you who are going this Saturday have a brilliant time. Let us know how you enjoyed it!
Rachel

We tend to do that a lot in the north and we're never fazed by the "couple" thing. I'm definitely not shy about asking the man in a couple situation to dance, but then I'm a MJ hussy :wink:

I'm going to Newcastle witha couple of friends tomorrow night (see you there, Trampy, don't forget I've stamped you dance card already) and really looking forward to it.

TheTramp
6th-February-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
(see you there, Trampy, don't forget I've stamped you dance card already) and really looking forward to it. That's only because you haven't danced with me before!!!

Steve

Bardsey
6th-February-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
That's only because you haven't danced with me before!!!

Steve

Well I'll rectify that on Saturday. Then you won't be able to play the "I can't dance" card EVER again, with me anyway :D

TheTramp
6th-February-2004, 01:49 PM
Well I'll rectify that on Saturday. Then you won't be able to play the "I can't dance" card EVER again, with me anyway :D Nope. Talk to people. It still doesn't stop me! :whistle: :clap:

Steve

Rachel
6th-February-2004, 02:32 PM
We tend to do that a lot in the north and we're never fazed by the "couple" thing. I'm definitely not shy about asking the man in a couple situation to dance, but then I'm a MJ hussy :wink: ... Pleased to hear that! I'm still so shy about asking men to dance - fortunately I didn't have to do that too much in Newcastle, cos they were all really friendly.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend. I know you'll just love your dances with Trampy!! Oh, and see if you can get a dance with Paul, the teacher, there - he's so wonderful to dance with.
Rachel

Bardsey
6th-February-2004, 02:39 PM
Pleased to hear that! I'm still so shy about asking men to dance - fortunately I didn't have to do that too much in Newcastle, cos they were all really friendly.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend. I know you'll just love your dances with Trampy!! Oh, and see if you can get a dance with Paul, the teacher, there - he's so wonderful to dance with.
Rachel

Thanks for the tips Rachel. I'll def seek Paul out and as for the Tramp.....roumour has it he can't dance :rofl:

TheTramp
6th-February-2004, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the tips Rachel. I'll def seek Paul out and as for the Tramp.....roumour has it he can't dance :rofl: It's not a rumour. Or a roumour :whistle:

Steve

Bardsey
6th-February-2004, 03:57 PM
It's not a rumour. Or a roumour :whistle:

Steve

Hey! I know its not obvious from my postings today, but I CAN spell....its just my fingers that can't :rofl:

Jive Brummie
6th-February-2004, 06:08 PM
We tend to do that a lot in the north and we're never fazed by the "couple" thing. I'm definitely not shy about asking the man in a couple situation to dance, but then I'm a MJ hussy :wink:

I'm going to Newcastle witha couple of friends tomorrow night (see you there, Trampy, don't forget I've stamped you dance card already) and really looking forward to it.

Bardsey, forget the Tramp, he's pants.......

...........but, I'll be there with the other trouble maker (FC), so how's about it eh???? (Dance that is:whistle: )

James...........x

TheTramp
6th-February-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Jive Brummie
Bardsey, forget the Tramp, he's pants.......Well James, you are now the best dancer in Scotland :wink:

Steve

Jive Brummie
6th-February-2004, 06:20 PM
Well James, you are now the best dancer in Scotland :wink:

Steve

It's ok Steve, I knew you wanted to be in the fan club aswell......move over Bill there's room for two!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

TheTramp
6th-February-2004, 06:36 PM
It's ok Steve, I knew you wanted to be in the fan club aswell......move over Bill there's room for two!!!!!!!!Yay!! :clap:

Steve

Ann
6th-February-2004, 07:17 PM
Wow Rachel!! Thanks for all the nice things you said about Newcastle. Marc went down incredibly well as our Guest Teacher that night and on the floor later as I`m sure you would have expected - HOWEVER the big star of the night was YOU!! You should hear what the men have been saying to me... some of it not fit for broadcast but ALL very flattering.

We are so looking forward to seeing so many visitors tomorrow night and hope you all have a fantastic time.

Personally I can`t wait for my dance(s) with Trampy!!

TheTramp
6th-February-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Ann
Personally I can`t wait for my dance(s) with Trampy!! Awwww :hug:

Hope I don't disappoint!

Steve

Tiggerbabe
6th-February-2004, 08:58 PM
Oh, and see if you can get a dance with Paul, the teacher, there - he's so wonderful to dance with.
Rachel
Hope he's going to be in Blackpool then Rachel, and you can point him out, as I can't make Newcastle this weekend :tears:

TheTramp
8th-February-2004, 10:50 AM
Had a great night. Thanks for inviting me!

Look forward to making it down again before very long :D

Steve

Jive Brummie
8th-February-2004, 02:12 PM
FC and I were down Newcastle this weekend. Had a great time. Nice venue, top dancers and we didn't get to sit down all night....we're absolutely knackered.

..........oh and WE MET BARDSEY .......hoorah:flower:

Thankyou for the dances and it was lovely to meet you. Will see you in a couple of weeks (BB:wink: )

Martin
8th-February-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Ann
the big star of the night was YOU!! You should hear what the men have been saying to me... some of it not fit for broadcast but ALL very flattering.

Rachel - So it is true, Adriana still raves about Mark AND now SO looking forward to dancing with YOU in the spring. :drool: :drool:

PLEASE seek me out...

Still impressed that Mark is such a cool dancer and also so "human" and a cool guy. :waycool:

Bardsey
9th-February-2004, 01:58 PM
Nice venue, top dancers and we didn't get to sit down all night....we're absolutely knackered.

..........oh and WE MET BARDSEY .......hoorah:flower:

Thankyou for the dances and it was lovely to meet you. Will see you in a couple of weeks (BB:wink: )

Thank YOU for the dances, they were brilliant (the people on the next table to me who watched me dance with you and Trampy, were very complimentary :blush: thought I'd pass that on to you both) Great meeting you and FC and now can't wait for BB.
:kiss: :hug:

Jill x

Bardsey
9th-February-2004, 02:02 PM
Had a great night. Thanks for inviting me!

Look forward to making it down again before very long :D

Steve

Great meeting you on Saturday. Thanks for the dances (for a beginner you show a little promise, keep practicing :rofl: )

Just thought I'd let you know, my back, legs, head and arms are recovering from all those drops etc, quite nicely. Should be fine for a rematch at BB.......PLEEAAASSSE !!!:hug: :kiss:

Claire
8th-April-2004, 10:29 AM
Having come up to Morpeth for the Easter week to stay with my parents I wasn't able to go to my usual superb venue at CHARLTON (where we have the fabulous teacher Kelly :worthy: and excellent DJ Emma :worthy: ).

However I ventured into Newcastle and visited CEROC NEWCASTLE and have to say it was a wonderful night.

Everyone was really friendly and I had some gorgeous dances! Wonderful venue too (from the outside it looked like it might be a small dark hall but from the inside it was a really lovely setting and fabulous floor).

I also took a newbie who was really well looked after by the four taxi dancers and had a great time.

Really great night!:clap: