PDA

View Full Version : So many phones....

Paul F
6th-February-2004, 12:46 AM
Hi,
Just thought I would share my findings regarding mobile phones.

I was after changing my mobile for so long (still going with a 3310) so last week I decided to do something about it.

A friend of mine works for 3 and asked me if i would sign up to get a phone and then cancel it (something to do with his bonus).
I did this, but i took the phone away just for a few days to try it.
It was a Motorola A865 or something like that. Brand new phone, video conferencing etc.

While I had it a friend of mine showed me his Sharp GX20. We had a mini competition on phone features leading me to one conclusion.

The SharpGX20 has go to be one of the best phones I have ever seen or used. It is awesome without a doubt.
Its strongest feature is that it takes photos similar to a good digital camera. Its amazing quality.

So, if anyone is interested in buying a new phone you need to at least consider this one.

Bill
6th-February-2004, 01:52 AM
I still dislike mobiles...have to remind students to turn them off :mad:

I only have one because my sister had a new one and passed her old one on to me because it would be useful for my mother to be able to contact me ...so even my 76 year-old mother has one :what:

Mine is an old Vodafone but no idea what it is excpet it has the letters GSM on the back ( not sure if that stands for anything). It works, I keep the message alert off and would only get a new one if it felll apart or someone gave me one.

Must be a yung person's thing eh .....or is it just me :sick: :na:

Paul F
6th-February-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Bill
I still dislike mobiles...have to remind students to turn them off :mad:

I only have one because my sister had a new one and passed her old one on to me because it would be useful for my mother to be able to contact me ...so even my 76 year-old mother has one :what:

Mine is an old Vodafone but no idea what it is excpet it has the letters GSM on the back ( not sure if that stands for anything). It works, I keep the message alert off and would only get a new one if it felll apart or someone gave me one.

Must be a yung person's thing eh .....or is it just me :sick: :na:

Could you not be tempted by the coloured neon flashlight on the sharp phone Bill :grin: :grin:

:cheers:

Bill
6th-February-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Paul F
Could you not be tempted by the coloured neon flashlight on the sharp phone Bill :grin: :grin:

:cheers:

tempting....but that would remind me of our Thursday night venue and being blinded....... nothing flashy or fancy for me I'm afraid. Just an old fashioned guy really. :D :na:

Dreadful Scathe
6th-February-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Bill
nothing flashy or fancy for me I'm afraid.

? what about flashy fancy fran ? :D

Mary
6th-February-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

Blimey - try saying that when your P****d!!:D

M

CJ
6th-February-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

I'm with Bill on this...

I've seen Fran flashing and it's nothing fancy!!:D

philsmove
22nd-March-2005, 10:16 PM
new use for a mobile

http://www.testdomicile.dk/webhitsql.asp?update=3925

CeeCee
22nd-June-2006, 02:43 PM
Help!!!
Disaster !!!
Catastrophe!!!

This is a desperate plea and I’ve travelled all the way from the Tango threads to ask for help.

Today my new mobile phone fell in the toilet (don’t ask).

Anyway, fished it out, pronto, pulled the back off, removed the battery and the sim card, dried them all and… prayed.

Held everything infront of the electric fan to dry the bits I couldn’t reach and… prayed some more.

Put it all back together, switched it on and... waited.
A text came through. Hooray!
Before I could reply the signal disappeared and the phone was dead.
I pulled it all apart again, fiddled some more, reassembled and... waited.

Nothing.
Not a thing.

I don’t want to cry I just want my phone to work, especially as I only found out how to use the blue tooth thingy yesterday.

Any suggestions?

A sad little CC

foxylady
22nd-June-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm afraid it sounds like it wasn't dry inside, and has short circuited. Phone will be unuseable I'm afraid. Sim card should be fine.

If you'd left it a couple of days to dry you might have been luckier...

Foxy

Zebra Woman
22nd-June-2006, 03:16 PM
Help!!!
Disaster !!!
Catastrophe!!!

This is a desperate plea and I’ve travelled all the way from the Tango threads to ask for help.

Today my new mobile phone fell in the toilet (don’t ask).

Anyway, fished it out, pronto, pulled the back off, removed the battery and the sim card, dried them all and… prayed.

Held everything infront of the electric fan to dry the bits I couldn’t reach and… prayed some more.

Put it all back together, switched it on and... waited.
A text came through. Hooray!
Before I could reply the signal disappeared and the phone was dead.
I pulled it all apart again, fiddled some more, reassembled and... waited.

Nothing.
Not a thing.

I don’t want to cry I just want my phone to work, especially as I only found out how to use the blue tooth thingy yesterday.

Any suggestions?

A sad little CC

I feel for you CC :sad: :hug: .

Mine went through a wash cycle a couple of weeks ago, the SIM card was fine but the phone and battery didn't recover.

Take it to bits as much as you can - mine had tiny phillips screws with 5 points so that stopped me from getting behind the keyboard.

Put it somewhere warm and dry.

If you haven't got a backup of your numbers - put your SIM card in another phone asap and transfer the numbers onto the other phone's memory. If a text came through it sounds like your SIM card maybe safe which at least means you can keep your number.

Keep praying :hug:

I had loads of helpful/ and not-so helpful:rolleyes: tips from kind forumites here:

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8535

WittyBird even lent me her spare phone while my replacement W800i came.:cheers:

I must admit I missed the walkman, camera and videoing functions almost as much as the phone/texting.

Good Luck Cee Cee

ZW:flower:

David Bailey
22nd-June-2006, 03:45 PM
Any suggestions?
As people have said, there's a lot of advice on the "Help! I just washed my mobile phone! (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8535)" thread.

Basically, wash it, dry it, wait for a while (days), cross your fingers then turn it on.

philsmove
22nd-June-2006, 04:30 PM
Cant help but have a :hug:

Cruella
22nd-June-2006, 05:52 PM
Has anyone else got a Nokia 6280 ? I want to know how to copy all my contacts over to my PC. I can only seem to add one at a time!:sad:

WittyBird
22nd-June-2006, 05:57 PM
Has anyone else got a Nokia 6280 ? I want to know how to copy all my contacts over to my PC. I can only seem to add one at a time!:sad:

I use Float which works really well. Have a look here (http://fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm):D

It works via BT and you can do so much with it :clap: If you need further help just PM me :D

CeeCee
22nd-June-2006, 07:17 PM
If only if only if only I’d devoted some time to the Chit Chat threads, it could have been time well spent. The whole phone in the washing machine saga passed me by but at least now I’ll know what to do if I drown my phone again.

My sim card is in my old phone so communication is possible again, my new phone is in pieces in the airing cupboard, and I’m waiting… patiently.

Thank you to you lovely people for your advice, messages, and sympathies. The Forum is a lovely alternate world full of lovely people.

From a not so sad little CC

azande
23rd-June-2006, 08:24 AM
If you are undecided about what mobile, have a browse on this website: http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk, lots of reviews available.

(BTW I'm very happy about my Samsung P300 (http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk))

Northants Girly
23rd-June-2006, 09:53 AM
(BTW I'm very happy about my Samsung P300 (http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk))That looks more like a calculator than a mobile phone :rolleyes:

philsmove
23rd-June-2006, 11:41 AM
cant waite for this

http://www.mobilegazette.com/sony-ericsson-p990i-051010.htm

I hava the 900 but it wont sync with TOM TOM