PDA

View Full Version : Dance Business For Sale

Swing Roc
5th-February-2004, 01:27 PM
DANCE BUSINESS FOR SALE

Swing Roc, which runs classes, events and workshops in Stockport and Warrington, is for sale by blind auction.

Owner Ivan Paxton has been running classes for over seven years and has now decided it's time to move on.

An information pack detailing what is included in the sale and the procedure for making offers is available on payment of a £20 administration charge.

Sealed offers for the company, or individual classes, must be submitted by 29 February 2004.

For an information pack, further information or an informal chat call Ivan on 0800 316 8810.

under par
23rd-May-2006, 04:16 AM
Anybody hear how the auction went?

Did they sell all the classes?

This is such a lonely post all on its own I thought I would pose a question or 2 make it seem less solitary.

I didn't notice the thread at the time cos I hadn't joined the forum!!!

Gus
23rd-May-2006, 01:03 PM
Anybody hear how the auction went?

Did they sell all the classes?Think so. They are listed on UK-Jive, think Janice Beck and an associate now own the clubs. Not been there much, they tend to prefer more 'older-Swing' music than is my prefernce, but all in all they seem to going well. They also have Phil & Wendy on their teaching team (who also teach at Chester) who are two of the best non-CTA instructors on the Northern scene. :grin:

under par
23rd-May-2006, 01:12 PM
Think so. They are listed on UK-Jive, think Janice Beck and an associate now own the clubs. Not been there much, they tend to prefer more 'older-Swing' music than is my prefernce, but all in all they seem to going well. They also have Phil & Wendy on their teaching team (who also teach at Chester) who are two of the best non-CTA instructors on the Northern scene. :grin:

Cheers Gus I should have known you'd know.:worthy: :cheers:

Donna
23rd-May-2006, 01:22 PM
They also have Phil & Wendy on their teaching team (who also teach at Chester) who are two of the best non-CTA instructors on the Northern scene. :grin:

:yeah: :respect:

Ivan has gone to teach in America now hasn't he?

Breeny
24th-May-2006, 12:47 PM
why would people want to buy all they have to do is wait till the venue closes then start one of their own in that venue

breeny

Gus
24th-May-2006, 01:38 PM
why would people want to buy all they have to do is wait till the venue closes then start one of their own in that venueEthics? Smooth transition? HAving existing customer based passed on? Getting in before someone else?

Dreadful Scathe
24th-May-2006, 05:01 PM
An information pack detailing what is included in the sale and the procedure for making offers is available on payment of a £20 administration charge.

I was going to offer £19 for the business - do I get a pound refund on the admin charge if I win?

Ethics?

Isnt that near London ? :)

Gus
24th-May-2006, 06:15 PM
Ethics
Isnt that near London ? :)The cynic in me says that ethics was last seen down South somewhere around 1764 :rolleyes: Mind you, its become pretty clear they've deserted the North West as well. Maybe ethics truly have no place in the dance business?:(

Hamish_A
30th-January-2007, 06:11 PM
I've just been looking for somewhere to dance when I go to Delaware in the USA next week. I found a site www.freestepping.com - It looks like Ivan has just launched a new venue over there. :nice:

IT will be about 80 miles each way - but I might try & get there if I can.

Gus
31st-January-2007, 08:56 AM
I've just been looking for somewhere to dance when I go to Delaware in the USA next week. I found a site www.freestepping.com - It looks like Ivan has just launched a new venue over there. :nice:

IT will be about 80 miles each way - but I might try & get there if I can.Yup ... hed moved out before Xmas ... think the move was delayed with Visa issues. Should be a good venture. He's firmly committed to cracking the US marfket. He's a good bloke and I rate his chances better than Robbies :wink:

MJ in the USA
6th-February-2007, 07:58 PM
I've just been looking for somewhere to dance when I go to Delaware in the USA next week. I found a site www.freestepping.com (http://www.freestepping.com) - It looks like Ivan has just launched a new venue over there. :nice:

IT will be about 80 miles each way - but I might try & get there if I can.

80 miles is considered almost next door over here! You will be very welcome if you can make it Hamish

Ivan

MJ in the USA
6th-February-2007, 07:59 PM
Yup ... hed moved out before Xmas ... think the move was delayed with Visa issues. Should be a good venture. He's firmly committed to cracking the US marfket. He's a good bloke and I rate his chances better than Robbies :wink:

Thanks for the kind words Gus. I'll keep you posted.

Ivan

PS. Robbie? Who's Robbie?

Gus
7th-February-2007, 03:07 PM
PS. Robbie? Who's Robbie?Robbie Wiiliams. Sorry, but us Stokie lads have to stick together .... mind you, maybe the States is the best place for Robbie :rolleyes:

Daisy Chain
8th-February-2007, 01:14 PM
Robbie Wiiliams. .. mind you, maybe the States is the best place for Robbie :rolleyes:

:yeah:

I'm quite happy to be left with Gary

Hamish_A
12th-February-2007, 02:49 PM
Well folks, I went along to Ivan's new venue. It was a challenge to find (thanks for the directions Ivan).
It's still early days, so he mostly has beginners, but it shows great promise.
A really friendly and welcoming group of people, a good dance floor, good music and plenty of space to dance. The one odd point of the evening was the bagpipes being practiced next door for a while - presumably Irish pipes as it is know as the Irish Club!

Kudos to Ivan, for such an early stage he has gathered a good and friendly team.

If/When I'm next near Philadelphia I'll certainly make the effort to visit again.