PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day

RobC
3rd-February-2004, 03:01 PM
So who's looking for something to do with/without their loved ones on valentines day ? :hug: :flower:

Here's one to get the ball rolling :nice:

CEROC Plus is holding a Valentine Ball (http://www.cerocplus.co.uk/html/valentine_ball.html) in Fleet on Saturday 14th Feb.

Highlights include:
The fabulous Sheena Davis Group playing live (some may remember them from Monster Jive Cocktail last year)
The one and only Lounge Lizard on the decks.
Free tea/coffee/biscuits from 12:30.

Dancing from 8:30 to 1:00am at one of Hampshires' premier venues with a large semi-sprung dance floor, licensed bar and ample parking.

All yours for £12 in advance (£15 on the door).

To book your tickets, contact CEROC Plus (http://www.cerocplus.co.uk/html/contact.html).

Bardsey
3rd-February-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by RobC
So who's looking for something to do with/without their loved ones on valentines day ? :hug: :flower:

Pity I don't live nearer. I'll have to either try and find something up this way or stay home alone :tears: :tears:

Aleks
3rd-February-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
Pity I don't live nearer. I'll have to either try and find something up this way or stay home alone :tears: :tears:

My friend invited all her single mates round and had a fantastic party last year - why not do the same?

Jayne
3rd-February-2004, 03:25 PM
Oh god - not that time of year again???

J :sick:

Bardsey
3rd-February-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
My friend invited all her single mates round and had a fantastic party last year - why not do the same?

Not a bad idea! Mind you, most of them are slowly but surely partnering off..... I'll find myself left on the shelf at this rate....serves me right for being so fussy :rofl: :blush:

Lynn
3rd-February-2004, 04:35 PM
My friend invited all her single mates round and had a fantastic party last year - why not do the same? A friend of mine did that years ago and one of the guys bought a big bunch of roses to give one each to all the girls as they arrived. (Was he trying to impress?!) He didn't know exactly how many would be there - I arrived late with another friend and she got the last one and I was the only girl who didn't get one. :tears: Typical!

Lounge Lizard
4th-February-2004, 04:07 PM
I got married on valentines day.......she walked down the isle, we looked lovingly into each others eyes and thought........oh bugger - got divorced about two years later

Bardsey
4th-February-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
I got married on valentines day.......she walked down the isle, we looked lovingly into each others eyes and thought........oh bugger - got divorced about two years later

:rofl: :rofl:

Debster
4th-February-2004, 04:24 PM

OK, so I'm guessing you are not keen on celebrating Valentine's Day then...

Pammy
4th-February-2004, 04:33 PM
I did a singles New Years party once; everyone got a cut out figure of their favourite male celebrity to kiss at midnight. It certainly had less heartache involved than normal parties and we had a real laugh :grin:

Lounge Lizard
4th-February-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Debster
OK, so I'm guessing you are not keen on celebrating Valentine's Day then... No, I think it is great I am still a big romantic (well ok I am not a big anything), just try to avoid marrying the wrong woman, still at least I got a card that year
Think Franck should set up a valentine thread where a message can be posted anonymously
watdoyufink

Mary
4th-February-2004, 07:26 PM
No, I think it is great I am still a big romantic (well ok I am not a big anything), just try to avoid marrying the wrong woman, still at least I got a card that year
Think Franck should set up a valentine thread where a message can be posted anonymously
watdoyufink

How do you get to be anonymous?

M

Lory
4th-February-2004, 08:11 PM
watdoyufink
Interesting! :whistle:

Lounge Lizard
5th-February-2004, 12:34 AM
well seeing some of the postings when our names are shown.....what would they be like if our names were hidden
p

Originally posted by Mary

M

xSalsa_Angelx
5th-February-2004, 09:31 AM

M

easy dont sign on to the forum :rofl: it comes up with guest user does it not??

Franck
5th-February-2004, 10:51 AM
watdoyufink Hey, dont' let it be said I would stand in the way of romance :nice:

I have now created a thread to post your Valentine messages.

As we are all Beginners in love, the thread is in the Beginners area, where anyone can post. So if you want to be anonymous, make sure you log out before posting, and your message will appear as 'guest'

Bardsey
5th-February-2004, 03:42 PM

watdoyufink

What a brilliant idea! A valentine day card site! Hey, I might break my own record and actually get one this year :clap: :rofl:I always seem to get guys who "think its a load of rubbish" or "just another way of conning people out of their money" or "I don't believe in valentine's day, you should just do romantic things any time of the year" (then don't bother mostly).

Pammy
5th-February-2004, 05:07 PM
"just another way of conning people out of their money" or "I don't believe in valentine's day, you should just do romantic things any time of the year" (then don't bother mostly).

:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank goodness I'm not the only one who's heard this old line.

My response "Cobblers!" buy a card and a ferrero rocher. What does that cost? £2??? It's hardly going overboard. We don't expect balloon flights and I agree that flowers have vastly inflated prices for one day of the year, which isn't right, but come on a card and a chocolate to show you've not been forgotten???

You see Bardster of the Bardominoes, the question that comes to my mind here is - men or mice :wink:

Pamster of the Pamkinites
x

Bardsey
5th-February-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
You see Bardster of the Bardominoes, the question that comes to my mind here is - men or mice :wink:

x
I think we both know the answer to that one, don't we Pamster?:wink: Pass the cheese, there's a love! :rofl:

bobgadjet
5th-February-2004, 06:33 PM

HHmmm, I got engaged on Val Day, 1968 ! ! ! Was happily married for ten years.....married for 29 before divorce, but happily for 10 :confused:
When I got divorced my sister sent me a great poster....
Marriage is Grand.... Divorce is twenty grand :rofl:
How very true.
Last year I got dumped on Val Day, but this year I'm celebrating it again :clap:
Ain't love grand:hug:
Might even get to see LL at Fleet, if it's an agreeable venue to both of us. :kiss:

Debster
5th-February-2004, 07:23 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank goodness I'm not the only one who's heard this old line.

My response "Cobblers!" buy a card and a ferrero rocher. What does that cost? £2??? It's hardly going overboard. We don't expect balloon flights and I agree that flowers have vastly inflated prices for one day of the year, which isn't right, but come on a card and a chocolate to show you've not been forgotten???

x

Absolutely Pamster! You tell 'em! Any day of the year PLUS Valentines Day is the best approach :flower:

Pammy
6th-February-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Debster
Absolutely Pamster! You tell 'em! Any day of the year PLUS Valentines Day is the best approach :flower:

I'll drink to that :cheers:

Rachel
6th-February-2004, 01:28 PM
... I always seem to get guys who "think its a load of rubbish" or "just another way of conning people out of their money" or "I don't believe in valentine's day, you should just do romantic things any time of the year" (then don't bother mostly). Oh dear, I've used all these lines - sorry!!

I really don't think I'd appreciate a card or flowers given on valentine's day (not that I'm a fan of either cards or cut flowers anyway). It just seems to lack imagination and spontaneity ...

And the worst thing of all?? Flowers or balloons sent to your workplace! I hate that - I mean, what's that all about? Seems to be more a show for other people's benefit than a loving gesture between two people.

But, having said all that, I'm definitely in favour presents/surprises any other day of the year!!!

Rachel (the ulitmate cynic)

Aleks
6th-February-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Oh dear, I've used all these lines - sorry!!

I really don't think I'd appreciate a card or flowers given on valentine's day (not that I'm a fan of either cards or cut flowers anyway). It just seems to lack imagination and spontaneity ...

And the worst thing of all?? Flowers or balloons sent to your workplace! I hate that - I mean, what's that all about? Seems to be more a show for other people's benefit than a loving gesture between two people.

But, having said all that, I'm definitely in favour presents/surprises any other day of the year!!!

Rachel (the ulitmate cynic)

Not even new, sexy underwear delivered to your door???

I agree that EVERY day should be a day to make a loving gesture, but am still delighted when someone has taken the time to send me something on 14th Feb.

Rachel
6th-February-2004, 02:25 PM
Not even new, sexy underwear delivered to your door??? Ah, well, that would actually be verrry nice, I admit. Hadn't thought of that - probably cos it's never happened to me!!
R.

Pammy
6th-February-2004, 02:37 PM
EVERY day should be a day to make a loving gesture

Yes, but does such a person exist? :confused:

I live in hope :wink:

Bardsey
6th-February-2004, 02:40 PM

And I'm behind you in the queue :tears:

bobgadjet
6th-February-2004, 02:44 PM
Personally I believe that a life of love should be full of surprises ANY day.:flower:
I also think that it's not only your loved one that should receive a little gift of frindship, but anybody you may have had a nice thought about..
I have often gone round to a friend to help dry some tears, and taken a small bunch of flowers.
I prefer to be spontaneous in giving, and am also a believer in "non-birthday presents".
No matter how small a gesture is, it is all the better for giving something that brings a smile, especially if that smile is put onto a sad face.
IMO a single bloom is sometimes more meaningful than a whole bunch (and a whole lot cheaper):)

BUT should the giving be one sided.
How many of you ladies out there have ever bought flowers for your man? :flower:

bobgadjet
6th-February-2004, 02:48 PM
Sorry, spoken for.
:wink:

Bardsey
6th-February-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by bobgadjet
Sorry, spoken for.
:wink:

Yeah, aren't the all, eh Pamster?

Aleks
6th-February-2004, 03:37 PM

Yes - one of them lives with me (aren't I lucky?!).
Had to kiss a lot of frogs to find him though...

Aleks
6th-February-2004, 03:46 PM
How many of you ladies out there have ever bought flowers for your man? :flower:

Does it have to be something you bought?
Why not a stone or shell from the beach, a flower from the garden, their favourite meal just because they are special, or a cup of tea/breakfast in bed. A foot/shoulder rub or a bubbly bath when they're stressed.......or watching their favourite movie with them for 99th time:sick:

bobgadjet
6th-February-2004, 04:04 PM
Why not a stone or shell from the beach, a flower from the garden, their favourite meal just because they are special, or a cup of tea/breakfast in bed. A foot/shoulder rub or a bubbly bath when they're stressed.......or watching their favourite movie with them for 99th time:sick:
All and any of the above, and so much more :flower:
you missed out...
Listening to them talking for hours about a subject that bores you silly:na:, but still looking interested:whistle:
Helping with the chores:na:
Taking her dance shoes off at the end of an evening and massaging her feet..... no matter how hot it is:)

and the one I like to do as often as I can
Brushing her hair.... ANYTIME :clap:

Rachel
6th-February-2004, 04:09 PM
Why not a stone or shell from the beach, a flower from the garden, their favourite meal just because they are special, or a cup of tea/breakfast in bed. A foot/shoulder rub or a bubbly bath when they're stressed...... Exactly - I'm with you on this!!

....or watching their favourite movie with them for 99th time:sick: Oh God, not 'Jay & Silent Bob' again. It was good the first half-dozen times ...

(I'm still trying to persuade Marc to watch 'Fried Green Tomatoes ...' with me - a video he's conveniently managed to misplace, apparantely!)
R.

Aleks
6th-February-2004, 04:27 PM
All and any of the above, and so much more :flower:
you missed out...
Listening to them talking for hours about a subject that bores you silly:na:, but still looking interested:whistle:
Helping with the chores:na:
Taking her dance shoes off at the end of an evening and massaging her feet..... no matter how hot it is:)

and the one I like to do as often as I can
Brushing her hair.... ANYTIME :clap:

I forgot a kiss....on the lips.....IN PUBLIC....a colleague of mine is always amazed by this as her man just won't do it and she'd love to.:kiss:

Bardsey
6th-February-2004, 04:31 PM
I forgot a kiss....on the lips.....IN PUBLIC....a colleague of mine is always amazed by this as her man just won't do it and she'd love to.:kiss:

I think I'm allergic to this thread.....I'm going a funny GREEN colour :tears:

bobgadjet
6th-February-2004, 05:18 PM
Then SHE should take the lead on that one, and if he doesn't like it.....tough :whistle:

I also like....
Holding hands in public.
Opening a car door, or any door for that matter.
Pulling a seat out in a restaurant.
Helping on with a jacket/coat, and if she has long hair:) laying it over outside the collar:D
in fact, just making my partner feel just a little bit special, cos she is:blush:
but even moreso on Valentines Day:hug:

(sorry Bardsey:flower: )

Bardsey
6th-February-2004, 05:21 PM

Apology accepted :waycool: :D

Paul F
6th-February-2004, 10:03 PM
Just been reading the Uk-Jive website and noticed the Hammersmith 'Cerotica' night :grin: :grin:

Sounds like an absolutely fantastic night if anyone cant make it to Fleet (well ok you still have to live down that way!!)

It just sounds like a bit of fun (i would even try my hand at karaoke).......be afraid.......... Quite gutted I cant be there.
Just been down to London but unfortunately it was all work work.

Minnie M
7th-February-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Paul F
Just been reading the Uk-Jive website and noticed the Hammersmith 'Cerotica' night

boo hoo :tears: I'm upset you didn't look on my list :tears:

Minnie M (aka Lynda's List)

Paul F
7th-February-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Minnie M
boo hoo :tears: I'm upset you didn't look on my list :tears:

Minnie M (aka Lynda's List)

I DO .....I DO.....I DO :blush: :blush:

It was just that.....erm
I was.....erm....

you know........erm......

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: Im sorry!!

Minnie M
7th-February-2004, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Paul F
Im sorry!!

:yeah: OK - I forgive you

U.O.Me two dances :cheers:

Boomer
7th-February-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
Oh dear, I've used all these lines - sorry!!

As have I and shall continue to do so - doing something 'romantic' at the same time as everyone else because it is expected is twaddle. I thought an integral part of 'romance' was doing something special for someone you care about because the feeling was there to do it , not because it was obligatory.

Been up all night and feeling grumpy...oh, and I hate Xmass as well.

Paul F
7th-February-2004, 02:45 PM

:cheers: deal :cheers:

:grin:

Barry Shnikov
8th-February-2004, 09:47 PM

Funnily enough, I'm going to my step-sister's wedding on the 14th, in Issix. First time I heard about the date I thought it seemd a bit too much like tempting fate. Another jiveless weekend, then, :tears: as there won't be any Ceroccers there. Ho hum.

Barry Shnikov
8th-February-2004, 09:52 PM

I live in hope :wink: [/B]

No, you don't. I know where you live...but I better not say here.:D

Pammy
9th-February-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Barry Shnikov
No, you don't. I know where you live...but I better not say here.:D

Ok, at least I now know who the mystery valentine was from :wink:

He He

bobgadjet
9th-February-2004, 11:47 AM

EERRMMMMM
If I admit that I haven't loooked at your list, then apologise, can I also owe you two dances? :whistle:

P-LEEEEEZE :innocent: :flower:

Bardsey
9th-February-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Boomer

Been up all night and feeling grumpy...oh, and I hate Xmass as well.

No change there then Boomer! Nice to see you on here again.....can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually missed you!:rofl:

xSalsa_Angelx
9th-February-2004, 02:04 PM
Then SHE should take the lead on that one, and if he doesn't like it.....tough :whistle:

I also like....
Holding hands in public.
Opening a car door, or any door for that matter.
Pulling a seat out in a restaurant.
Helping on with a jacket/coat, and if she has long hair:) laying it over outside the collar:D
in fact, just making my partner feel just a little bit special, cos she is:blush:
but even moreso on Valentines Day:hug:

You just sound too good to be true bob :kiss:

My b/f is a cancerian and he's not as romantic as you, he's probably only ever done 2 romantic things in 2 years, so good i cant even remember what they were :rofl:

Pammy
9th-February-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
only ever done 2 romantic things in 2 years, so good i cant even remember what they were :rofl:

Maybe that's why he doesn't do them :wink:

Sheepman
9th-February-2004, 03:21 PM
I think I'm allergic to this thread.....I'm going a funny GREEN colour :tears:
Romantic conversation overheard between a couple re. dancing next Saturday.

Her "So where are we going dancing next Saturday?"
Him "I thought we might go to "a" "
Her "So your going dancing with "x" and not me on Valentine's day are you?"
Him "What?"
Her "Well I'm not going to "a""
Him "OK we'll go to "b" then."

Ah romance, don't you just love it!

Greg

Lounge Lizard
9th-February-2004, 03:26 PM
let me guess which one was the woman:wink:

bobgadjet
9th-February-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
You just sound too good to be true bob :kiss:

AAAAWWW shucks :blush:
:kiss::hug:

Sheepman
9th-February-2004, 03:59 PM
let me guess which one was the woman:wink: :rofl: :rofl:

Mary
9th-February-2004, 05:13 PM
Funnily enough, I'm going to my step-sister's wedding on the 14th, in Issix. First time I heard about the date I thought it seemd a bit too much like tempting fate. Another jiveless weekend, then, :tears: as there won't be any Ceroccers there. Ho hum.

Good to see you back. Can I get a dance soon?

M

Barry Shnikov
10th-February-2004, 01:48 AM
Good to see you back. Can I get a dance soon?

M

I would certainly like that. Don't when I'm next up in the smoke - is there a good Hammersmith or Ashtons on soon?

Barry Shnikov
10th-February-2004, 01:50 AM
Ok, at least I now know who the mystery valentine was from :wink:

He He

Aw, shucks...how ya doin', babe?

Divissima
10th-February-2004, 02:31 AM
Steve, it would be lovely to see you and have a few dances :wink:

Pammy
10th-February-2004, 10:53 AM
Aw, shucks...how ya doin', babe?

Fine mate :grin:

Missing the chip nights though - we haven't been out on one since the night of the thousand roaches!

Now, back to romance. The most special thing I ever did was lay on a hill in France, watching fireworks going off over a lake, then went dancing in the town square (yes, jive) all night long... Only thing was, I didn't have a man to share it with... :tears: Oh well, Helen was good enough for me :grin:

Ideal romantic thing for me - I have a thing about stars. I SAID STARS NOT 'STERS! No really, I love driving out into the country and laying down looking up at the stars in the summer. Getting fish and chips and a bottle of wine and going somewhere remote and just looking up. Doesn't sound special I spose, but I love it :grin:

Ok, I'll shut up now :blush:

bobgadjet
10th-February-2004, 10:55 AM
is there a good Hammersmith or Ashtons on soon?
Next Ashtons Saturday is 21st Feb, and we are assured it's NOT in the nightclub, so plenty of room.
:cheers:

Minnie M
10th-February-2004, 12:39 PM
Check out my list (Lynda's List) (http://www.lyndaslist.com)

BTW Hammersmith has a Valentine's do on :

Cerotica Hammersmith Town Hall, King St. W6 - Red & Black theme + free champers cocktail

Lounge Lizard
13th-February-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by RobC

Here's one to get the ball rolling :nice:

CEROC Plus is holding a Valentine Ball (http://www.cerocplus.co.uk/html/valentine_ball.html) in Fleet on Saturday 14th Feb.

Highlights include:
The fabulous Sheena Davis Group playing live
Lounge Lizard on the decks.
Free tea/coffee/biscuits from 12:30.

Dancing from 8:30 to 1:00am at one of Hampshires' premier venues with a large semi-sprung dance floor, licensed bar and ample parking.

All yours for £12 in advance (£15 on the door).

To book your tickets, contact CEROC Plus (http://www.cerocplus.co.uk/html/contact.html).
So who' going to join us at Fleet tomorrow?
This will probably me my last DJ set at Fleet till May or even August, so be great to see loads there
peter

Barry Shnikov
18th-February-2004, 10:03 AM
Oh well, Helen was good enough for me :grin:

??

<speechless>