PDA

View Full Version : Boom Boom Club

Sheepman
2nd-February-2004, 02:29 PM
No, it's nothing to do with Basil Brush (as far as I know), but an event I only just came across, and next Sunday is going to be F.A.B.!

Sundays is band night at the Boom Boom Club, (well so are Fridays and Saturdays, but we're all out dancing then!) It's a rather utilitarian place, at Sutton United F.C. Borough Sports ground, Gander Green Lane, Sutton, SM1 2EY, just 100 metres from West Sutton Station, (SW London) and with plenty of parking next to the club. Last night we saw the brilliant Ben Waters Band, but we didn't dance!!! Well most of it was over 200bpm, and we were the only dancers there.

Next Sunday (8th Feb) it's Connie Lush with Blues Shouter this is a band I've been waiting too long to see (and buy CDs from), but I baulked at the ~£17 ticket price last time I saw she was on. Connie has an amazing voice, and blasts out the standards and her own songs. I've spoken to the organiser, he says if dancers book, as well as getting £1 off the "on the door" price (which is £8), he'll move the furniture to create more space, the dancefloor is not huge, but looks in good nick, far better IMHO, than the floor at the 100 club. So if you're interested, PM me, or check out www.feenstra.co.uk (http://www.feenstra.co.uk) and click on "venues" don't forget to mention you're a dancer though, so we get enough space cleared. Booking is available up till (and including) Saturday, tickets must be collected before 9pm on Sunday.

The line up over the next few months includes loads of great bands, but for me, one of the highlights must be an exclusive London showing for Omar and the Howlers, the USA band whose fab version of Hit The Road Jack most of us have danced to.

Greg

Sheepman
3rd-February-2004, 01:29 PM
Ooops again.

I forgot to say that Omar & The Howlers are on 2nd May, £10 in advance £10 on the door, I'm going to book in advance, and not risk missing out on a sell out.

Greg