PDA

View Full Version : Dance Riviera Valentines Ball 7th Feb - Dartford

Chicky
29th-January-2004, 01:57 PM
For all you forumites in the south east, there's a Valentines Ball taking place on Saturday 7th February in Dartford, KENT.

There's nothing else on in the area for miles and miles (apart from Jive Hive in Cantebury ) :kiss:

Here's what we have planned.....

♥ Dancing til 1am ♥
♥ Dance with a Stranger FUN competition ♥
champange and free ticket prizes
♥ Romantic Blues Class ♥
♥ Complimentary Chocolates ♥
♥ Top DJ Roger Chin ♥
♥ Fun Games ♥ Licensed Bar ♥
♥ Ample FREE parking ♥
♥ Dress to Impress ♥

Tickets are £12 if bought before the event (you can order and reserve) or £15 on the door. You can buy tickets at Dance Riviera's Dartford or Swanley venues or ring 020 8692 3821 to reserve your tickets.

It's Dance Riviera's first Saturday night special and we aim to make it special to all those who support it.

We're sure with Dance Riviera's trademark friendliness and fun factor, it's going to be an awesome event
:grin:

Mikey
30th-January-2004, 04:10 AM
Sounds good to me.. Count me and christine in and spoke to some friends who are going to call and sort tickets with you too.. they are going to come down from Essex for the night...

Who else is coming of the forum then ? :clap:

Dutchginger
30th-January-2004, 10:42 AM
Always good to see e new freestyle Saturday opening up...I'll certainly try and be there :flower:

Mikey
7th-February-2004, 07:13 PM
Hi ya peeps....

I hear good things about tonight, got a crowd travelling up from Brighton and heard the ticket sales are excellent.. only a few left...

Who's going from the forum ?:clap:

Paul F
7th-February-2004, 08:43 PM
Im sure its going to be a fab night but isn't that quite expensive for a standard freestyle night or is there something special on??

I know it says "Ball" but it reads like a standard night to me.

(not specific to this event but) does a night that advertises as a 'ball' deserve to command increased door charges??

Emma
7th-February-2004, 08:57 PM
That's a pretty standard rate for a 'special' night around here :)

Mikey
8th-February-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Paul F
Im sure its going to be a fab night but isn't that quite expensive for a standard freestyle night or is there something special on??

I know it says "Ball" but it reads like a standard night to me.

(not specific to this event but) does a night that advertises as a 'ball' deserve to command increased door charges??

Maybe things are cheaper up North Paul, but as Emma said about the average down here..

But, having just got home from there I can tell you it was worth every penny
:clap:
The venue was fantastic and the effort made to decorate it and give it a valentine's feel was outstanding. It went on till 1am and probably 80 or so of the approxomate 150 dancers were still there at the end and "dancing":clap: Roger Chin played a really good set on the decks tonight and he deserves a credit for that.. But the organisors made a big effort with the whole ambiance and totally suceeded.. One of the best nights dancing I have had in quiet some time... I think a few other organisors could learn from the presentation by Dance Riveria tonight..

Well done all who were involved:hug:

Chicky
8th-February-2004, 01:12 PM
Thanks Mikey, much appreciated :kiss:

Well as the organiser for our first Saturday night special, Jim and I were overwhelmed with how well it went, and it's down to the dancers that came with the right attitude and intent of thoroughly enjoying themselves.

It's certainly set a precedent for our next one, which is on Sat 22 May 3004 (plug plug!!):D

Lory
8th-February-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Chicky

It's certainly set a precedent for our next one, which is on Sat 22 May 3004 (plug plug!!):D

3004 is a long way off:what: but I'll try my best to make it! :hug:

Chicky
8th-February-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Lory
3004 is a long way off:what: but I'll try my best to make it! :hug:

Ooooppss!!!! obviously meant 2004 :grin:

Paul F
8th-February-2004, 02:18 PM
Glad to hear it went well

:cheers:

Jon
10th-February-2004, 08:56 PM
Agree with Mickey the night was worth every penny. The venue was very well decorated I especially liked the candles which created a nice relaxed atmosphere. The blues class was fun and the dance with a stranger competition was nice to watch.

And didn't the hostess look lovely, and by the way thanks for a great dance :wink:

Chicky
10th-February-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Jon
Agree with Mickey the night was worth every penny. The venue was very well decorated I especially liked the candles which created a nice relaxed atmosphere. The blues class was fun and the dance with a stranger competition was nice to watch.

And didn't the hostess look lovely, and by the way thanks for a great dance :wink:

Ah shucks, thanks Jon. Embarrassed now. We're glad you had a great time and look forward to the next dance :kiss: