PDA

View Full Version : "Scots on Tour" Workshops

Gus
28th-January-2004, 07:06 PM
Well ... after considerable pressure from Sheena and Dave, Northwich will be hosting another "Scots on Tour" event. On Saturday 5th June, we will be holding a themed freestyle at Northwich (Cheshire) ... but during the day I've promised to put on a series of mini-workshops.

To help me either bring in instructors or run the workshops myself (with Helen Z) it would be good if I knew what people wanted to see. Please vote for the workshops you would be interested in. The current idea is to run 3 workshops (1 hour tuition then 1/2 hr practice time) ... so vote away.

Will post full details of the weekend later ... but the intention is to go to the same restaurant again on the Sunday for lunch ... only this time the intention is to book out the whole place! Can honestly say last years meal was the best fun I've ever had over a meal:grin:

DavidB
28th-January-2004, 07:27 PM
I'd vote for the 'Ladies on Top' and the 'UCP - XXX' combined.

But what does it have to do with dancing?

Gus
28th-January-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
I'd vote for the 'Ladies on Top' and the 'UCP - XXX' combined.

But what does it have to do with dancing?

Who said anything about dancing??:devil:

Tiggerbabe
28th-January-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Will post full details of the weekend later ... but the intention is to go to the same restaurant again on the Sunday for lunch ... only this time the intention is to book out the whole place! Can honestly say last years meal was the best fun I've ever had over a meal:grin:
I'll drink to that Gus, in fact this time I hope I can - need to stay over on Sunday or make sure I mooch a lift from someone who's coming the whole way back to Monifieth (ehrm Linda? :wink: ).
Was a brilliant meal and great fun!

I've voted :wink:

Lory
29th-January-2004, 10:15 AM
Excuse my ignorance but what is 'Ladies on top'? :what: In dance I mean!!!!:innocent:

Gus
29th-January-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Lory
Excuse my ignorance but what is 'Ladies on top'? :what: In dance I mean!!!!:innocent:

Its about giving Ladies the opportunity to add more style and extra little moves and, occasionally, simply taking over. This workshop is led more by Helen than me (for obvious reasons) ...

Bill
29th-January-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Its about giving Ladies the opportunity to add more style and extra little moves and, occasionally, simply taking over. This workshop is led more by Helen than me (for obvious reasons) ...

and if you are too busy she can easily lead me :whistle: :innocent:

Dreadful Scathe
29th-January-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Bill
and if you are too busy she can easily lead me :whistle: :innocent:

no me, being the less useful dancer, Im more qualified surely ? :D

Dave Hancock
5th-March-2004, 12:50 PM
Have just come across this thread, are you still looking to hold it Gus and any further news to announce???

Gus
5th-March-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
Have just come across this thread, are you still looking to hold it Gus and any further news to announce???

Yup ... taking on board feedback, the three workshops will be:

Ladies on Top - taught by Dusky Helen
UCP XXX - taught by me

and as a special treat...
Advanced Drops - taught by Loung Lizard:clap: :clap:

Evening Freestyle, at the famous Northwich venue, will feature the Dream Team ... DJ Gus and DJ LL:waycool:

Full details once I get back from this weekend's 'minor' distraction

Bill
5th-March-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Yup ... taking on board feedback, the three workshops will be:

[b]Ladies on Top - taught by Dusky Helen

I'm speechless................... but I'll be there :yum: :D

RoyBoy
5th-March-2004, 03:43 PM
Ladies on Top

***NB*** Plural . More than one. Jees where do I book!!!!!