PDA

View Full Version : Busking in the snow? Stirling - Perth.

Franck
28th-January-2004, 02:46 PM
With a new venue in Perth (the incredible Salutation hotel :D ) and a the Launch of Stirling classes, busking is on the agenda again.
Unfortunately, the shopping centres were not able to accomodate us, so I'm considering dancing outdoor! :really:

As it is pretty cold (and snowy) at the moment, this busk would only be for the die-hard amongst you, but it would be great to have a small team of dancers / leafleters for Saturday 31st (in Perth) and Saturday 7th (in Stirling).

Busking will take place between 12.30pm and 2.00pm followed by lunch on me (and hot chocolate :wink: )

Please email or phone if you can help and remember your thermals!

Jayne
28th-January-2004, 03:24 PM
I was thinking of this only this morning!!! Great minds, hey Franck!

I was thinking that a good, thick layer of soft snow in a field would be an ideal place to play about with aerials. I somehow doubt the ability to dance properly on snow though - more like ice skating! :rofl:

Good luck for convincing people to do it! Unfortunately I'm too far away to help you in person - but I'll be there in spirit!

J :nice:

Bardsey
28th-January-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Jayne

Good luck for convincing people to do it! Unfortunately I'm too far away to help you in person - but I'll be there in spirit!

J :nice:

Oh me too! What a shame I'm so far away, I'd have loved to do it :tears:

Reklaw
28th-January-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
Oh me too! What a shame I'm so far away, I'd have loved to do it :tears:
We're busking in Middlesbrough on Saturday, you're more than welcome to join us, we're only an hour up the road from you. We're indoors so you won't need your thermals! We're in the Cleveland Shopping Centre from 11 'til 3.

Bardsey
28th-January-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Reklaw
We're busking in Middlesbrough on Saturday, you're more than welcome to join us, we're only an hour up the road from you. We're indoors so you won't need your thermals! We're in the Cleveland Shopping Centre from 11 'til 3.

Oh no! I can't believe this, I'm moving house on Saturday! That would have been brill, best of luck with it!

Tiggerbabe
28th-January-2004, 08:48 PM
Busking in snow boots - sounds like the ideal Saturday afternoon in Perth to me :wink:

Are we meeting outside the Ann Summer's shop again Franck? :innocent:

Jon
28th-January-2004, 09:01 PM
12 spins on the ice should be no problem then Franck. Although it might scare off some potential people

Franck
28th-January-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Jon
12 spins on the ice should be no problem then Franck. Although it might scare off some potential people Only if we lose control of the spin and career wildly in their direction :D

Maybe I should clarify! We are not 'really' busking in the snow. The forecast is for better weather at the week-end and we won't dance if it's wet / snowy or simply too cold! A few people have replied, we just need a few more volunteers to make it a 'blast' :wink:

Tiggerbabe
28th-January-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Jon
12 spins on the ice should be no problem then Franck.
Only 12 Jon? Have you never seen Franck dancing? :D

John S
29th-January-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Franck
A few people have replied, we just need a few more volunteers to make it a 'blast' :wink:
Put me down as a possible / maybe /perhaps/ depends/ we'll-see-on-the-day type. Got that?

Petal
29th-January-2004, 06:36 PM
Count me in, it was fun last year in the searing heat of the summer in Perth High Street, maybe the sun will shine for us again.

Jive Brummie
29th-January-2004, 07:29 PM
I'll come along Franck.......

FC is working though, so she can't make it.

James.........

TheTramp
29th-January-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Jive Brummie
I'll come along Franck.......

FC is working though, so she can't make it.

James......... Does that mean that I have to dance with you??? :whistle:

(Just kidding Franck)

Steve

Jive Brummie
29th-January-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Does that mean that I have to dance with you??? :whistle:

(Just kidding Franck)

Steve

Why? Are you the best offer I'm going to get?????

................maybe I'll stay at home instead..........!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush:

Petal
30th-January-2004, 11:33 AM
Why? Are you the best offer I'm going to get?????

No doubt you'll have a queue of dance partners James, Tramp can go to the back of the queue (only joking Steve)

Jive Brummie
31st-January-2004, 10:37 AM
Franck, any gen on today's busk.

It's snowing in longforgan just now:sick:

James.........:cheers:

Franck
31st-January-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Jive Brummie
Franck, any gen on today's busk.

It's snowing in longforgan just now:sick: Seems the weather took me literally, and it's snowing all over...
I've decided to cancel the busk for today, and try again in a few weeks when the weather has cleared up :waycool:

Thanks guys,

Franck.

P.S. Message to John S: The busk is probably, I think, maybe, depending, you know, cancelled :D

Gus
31st-January-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Seems the weather took me literally, and it's snowing all over...
I've decided to cancel the busk for today, and try again in a few weeks when the weather has cleared up :waycool:

YOU WIMPS!! .... WHAT S WRONG WITH YOU??:devil: :devil:

Gets a little cold and you nesh Northerners wuss out.:wink:

Just 'survived' a busk in town ... torrential rain, waterlogged 'dance floor' and appalling 80s music ...... could endure the rain but not 'Video Killed the Radio Star':tears:

Not a good day for the dark art of busking.