View Full Version : Confusing Forum names

Andy McGregor
27th-January-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Martin
OK corrected

So confusing this, me is not me thing.

What is your handle good buddy - over

From me, Martin

We all know her as Kate. That name was taken on the Forum by someone who joined ages ago and never posts.

To go even further off topic. Does anyone else find it slightly confusing to find people they know calling themselves something different on the Forum? I've known Peter Phillips for years as Peter - now I have to stop myself from calling him Lounge Lizard when I meet him or talk about him to someone else.:confused:

TheTramp
28th-January-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
To go even further off topic. Does anyone else find it slightly confusing to find people they know calling themselves something different on the Forum? I've known Peter Phillips for years as Peter - now I have to stop myself from calling him Lounge Lizard when I meet him or talk about him to someone else.:confused: Dunno. Most Forum people now just call me Trampy in the real world anyhow....

Steve

Andy McGregor
28th-January-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Dunno. Most Forum people now just call me Trampy in the real world anyhow....

Steve

I think that might be a reference to your clothing strategy:wink:

TheTramp
28th-January-2004, 02:15 AM
I think that might be a reference to your clothing strategy:wink: Only when wearing the two shirts that you got on my behalf :D

Steve

Andy McGregor
28th-January-2004, 02:22 AM
Only when wearing the two shirts that you got on my behalf :D

Steve

I think you'll find I've provided you with 4 shirts. A black glittery one, a gold one, a Trampster one and a shirt that says 'Help I'm a lesbian trapped in the body of a fat, ugly dancer' :wink:

Will
28th-January-2004, 02:23 AM
I think that might be a reference to your clothing strategy:wink:
Don't worry Steve, I'm leaving this one well alone!

TheTramp
28th-January-2004, 02:57 AM
I think you'll find I've provided you with 4 shirts. A black glittery one, a gold one, a Trampster one and a shirt that says 'Help I'm a lesbian trapped in the body of a fat, ugly dancer' :wink: Oh. Yeah. I wasn't counting the t-shirts.....

Steve

Sheepman
28th-January-2004, 12:50 PM
Does anyone else find it slightly confusing to find people they know calling themselves something different on the Forum?
During last night's class, this woman I don't know said "hello Mr Sheepman", as far as I know, she's not a forumite, and doesn't know who is, so I guess it's just a case of "if the label fits!"

Greg

Bardsey
28th-January-2004, 03:48 PM
and a shirt that says 'Help I'm a lesbian trapped in the body of a fat, ugly dancer' :wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you're a killer, Andy! Just nearly fell of my chair laughing at that!

Bill
28th-January-2004, 06:05 PM
Think I've totally confused everyone by calling myself Bill on the forum when in actual fact my real name is ..... well..... Bill:rolleyes: :na:

Jayne
28th-January-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Bill
Think I've totally confused everyone by calling myself Bill on the forum when in actual fact my real name is ..... well..... Bill:rolleyes: :na:
Bugger! I thought you were your twin sister!

J :what:

Bill
28th-January-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
Bugger! I thought you were your twin sister!

J :what:

Ah but I'm not and the reason I know that is she lives beside Birmingham so if she's there then I know this must be me :what: :na: but then again maybe I am her and I'm down in England............ that would explain the interest in shopping and underwear :na: :wink:

Jayne
28th-January-2004, 06:44 PM
Ah but I'm not and the reason I know that is she lives beside Birmingham so if she's there then I know this must be me :what: :na: but then again maybe I am her and I'm down in England............ that would explain the interest in shopping and underwear :na: :wink:
I thought she was near Blackpool?

So does this mean that if you're anywhere near Birmingham you become your sister? What happens when you're both in the same room? Do you morph into & out of each other?

Who's interested in shopping for underwear?? I thought you were receiving therapy for that??? :wink: :na:

J :wink:

Minnie M
28th-January-2004, 08:21 PM
I have always loved Minnie Mouse since a small child and have over the years collected lots of memrabillia (can't spell) - cups / spoons / toys / T-shirts /sweat shirts etc etc etc - but I have never been called Minnie :sad: until now :D

Bought a car today AND guess what I called her :wink: - well ya gotta, unfortunately could only find a 'bagpus' airfreshner :tears: if anyone knows of any Minnie Mouse car toys, please PM me :nice:

fruitcake
28th-January-2004, 08:24 PM
:wink:
Oh Goody,
Are we back to underwear again, and how many bras we own??
Or underpants!!!!

Lounge Lizard
28th-January-2004, 08:37 PM
I have an ulteria motive for the name Lounge Lizard..........................Just need to work out what it is:grin:

psyc0diver
28th-January-2004, 08:49 PM
Picked up the nickname in Barbados - apparently it was pretty well known round the locals before I heard about it!

Gadget
28th-January-2004, 11:16 PM
I don't know why, but everyone thinks that they should address me by my "Proper name" instead of what I'm called (ie Gadget).
The 'why' of the name is lost in the mists of time; but I had been called a lot worse, it suited me, I liked it - so I kept it. :waycool:
I shared a flat with a few other people as a student, and my parents had to ask for "gadget" because no-one there knew me by anything else. :wink:
My (now wife) only found out my 'real' name after living with me for months and picking up a bank statement. She had to make sure that she didn't say "I take thee, Gadget..." at the alter. :what:

Lory
28th-January-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
I don't know why, but everyone thinks that they should address me by my "Proper name" instead of what I'm called (ie Gadget).

Are you going to let us know what your proper name is?:D

Must be bad! :rofl:

Minnie M
28th-January-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Lory
Are you going to let us know what your proper name is?:D

Must be bad! :rofl:

well - come on is it bad :wink:

psyc0diver
29th-January-2004, 01:14 AM
(ie Gadget).
The 'why' of the name is lost in the mists of time; but I had been called a lot worse, it suited me, I liked it - so I kept it.

I can remember!
You should remember that when you started uni you wore a brimmed hat & a trenchcoat! - what else were you gonna get nicknamed

Bill
29th-January-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Jayne
I thought she was near Blackpool?

Who's interested in shopping for underwear?? I thought you were receiving therapy for that??? :wink: :na:

J :wink:

She moved a few months ago !

I was receiving aversion therapy ie going into lots of womens' shops and walking round the underwear section but it hasn't helped:sick: :na: ...........but I wil keep trying :rolleyes:

Jayne
29th-January-2004, 11:20 AM
I was receiving aversion therapy ie going into lots of womens' shops and walking round the underwear section but it hasn't helped:sick: :na: ...........but I wil keep trying :rolleyes:
Sometimes life's tough!!

J :nice:

xSalsa_Angelx
29th-January-2004, 01:37 PM
The 'why' of the name is lost in the mists of time; but I had been called a lot worse, it suited me, I liked it - so I kept it. :waycool:
I shared a flat with a few other people as a student, and my parents had to ask for "gadget" because no-one there knew me by anything else. :wink:
My (now wife) only found out my 'real' name after living with me for months and picking up a bank statement. She had to make sure that she didn't say "I take thee, Gadget..." at the alter. :what:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

xSalsa_Angelx
29th-January-2004, 01:39 PM
Im known on and off the forum as salsa angel, everyone says "hi your salsa angel"

I like that name, Angel (came from my boyfriend, as that's what he calls me)

and cos i used to do salsa before ceroc i just added salsa infront of angel as angel was already taken.

Won't dare use my other nickname :rofl:

Just noticed cool new smileys :flower:

bobgadjet
29th-January-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx

Just noticed cool new smileys :flower:

Aren't they wicked. where do they come from?

Strange about Gadjet :)
Never knew about it. I put mine up because one of my friends nicknamed me that as he knows my passion for gadjets, and it's stuck, and I quite like it.
:flower:

TheTramp
29th-January-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by bobgadjet
Ummm....

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1350&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

I just pick them up from places when I see them :D

Steve

bobgadjet
29th-January-2004, 10:05 PM
I just pick them up from places when I see them :D

Steve
Luv'em all
:cheers::clap:

stewart38
30th-January-2004, 03:36 PM
We all know her as Kate. That name was taken on the Forum by someone who joined ages ago and never posts.

confused:

Well I took the name Stewart38 my real name is ........stewart.

I have never seen stewart post maybe he could be deleted and I could have my real name back ?

Bardsey
30th-January-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by stewart38
Well I took the name Stewart38 my real name is ........stewart.

Mine's from the village where I live (until tomorrow, cos I'm moving).:clap:

Pammy
30th-January-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
Mine's from the village where I live (until tomorrow, cos I'm moving).:clap:

You'll always be Bardsey to me :hug:

TheTramp
30th-January-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
Mine's from the village where I live (until tomorrow, cos I'm moving).:clap: Does this mean that you'll be changing your name?

I hope that you're not moving to Huddersfield then. Or even worse.... Here.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=547500&y=162500&z=3&sv=pratt&st=3&tl=Pratt's+Bottom,+Bromley+[City/Town/Village]&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf

Steve

Mary
30th-January-2004, 05:26 PM
Can't think where I got my name from?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I used what my parents called me for inspiration. (Actually, they must have called me a lot things, come to think of it :D )

M

Bardsey
30th-January-2004, 06:07 PM
Does this mean that you'll be changing your name?

I hope that you're not moving to Huddersfield then. Or even worse.... Here.

Steve

No, no, as Pamster says, I'll always be Bardsey!

Tazmanian Devil
1st-February-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by bobgadjet

I just opened a Yahoo e-mail account and there is loads of cool and funny smilies on there :nice:

Tazmanian Devil
1st-February-2004, 09:15 PM
I am a great lover of the Tazmanian Devil, Have loads of Taz bits and a tattoo on my sholder of him also. My friends say im like the devil as im always busy, rushing about and I LOVE my spinning!! :grin: So the name sort of fits. :kiss: :hug:

Minnie M
10th-March-2005, 01:04 AM
Thought I would reserect this thread as we have some new forumites with unusual names ?

also are you male or female :blush:

Lynn
10th-March-2005, 12:20 PM
Thought I would reserect this thread as we have some new forumites with unusual names ?

also are you male or female :blush: And I see we have just got a second 'David B' on the forum - that might be confusing!

Franck
10th-March-2005, 12:32 PM
And I see we have just got a second 'David B' on the forum - that might be confusing!Yes, I had noticed that, and have emailed the new David so he could choose a different username.
He is now known as DavidJames.

Thanks for pointing it out. :nice:

Lynn
10th-March-2005, 12:35 PM
Yes, I had noticed that, and have emailed the new David so he could choose a different username.
He is now known as DavidJames. I just noticed that! I thought I was going mad and had been imagining it!

Welcome to the forum DavidJames.

Hmm... going?

Will
10th-March-2005, 12:39 PM
Welcome David James.

Tell me, are you the world-renouned and undesputedly world number one Goal Keeper that is both first choice for England, Man City, and the World XI?

David Bailey
1st-May-2005, 09:09 PM
Welcome David James.

Blimey, I've been here for 2 months and I only just found this thread...
Very belated thanks.

Tell me, are you the world-renouned and undesputedly world number one Goal Keeper that is both first choice for England, Man City, and the World XI?
Strangely enough, no. :D

My middle name is James, my first name is David, and believe me when I say my last name (begins with "B") would be even more well-known and confusing. As someone with my initials had the bad taste to take DavidB, you're stuck with me as DavidJames. :sad:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
2nd-May-2005, 12:34 PM
As someone with my initials had the bad taste to take DavidB, you're stuck with me as DavidJames. :sad:

Well I think DavidJames is a nice name :grin:

Ashx

Minnie M
2nd-May-2005, 01:17 PM
What confuses me is forumites with abstract names not knowing if they are male or female ? It can make their posts confusing :flower:

drathzel
2nd-May-2005, 01:34 PM
What confuses me is forumites with abstract names not knowing if they are male or female ? It can make their posts confusing :flower:

Tell me about it! I thought Lou was a man!!! :blush:

Lou
2nd-May-2005, 04:28 PM
:rofl: Nah - I just dance that way.... :rolleyes:

drathzel
2nd-May-2005, 05:09 PM
:rofl: Nah - I just dance that way.... :rolleyes:

That would explain a lot......if only i had seen you dance:rofl:

Swinging bee
2nd-May-2005, 05:10 PM
Swinging Bee!.......I do not swing..... my keys never leave my pocket...Bee? something to with our website...www.jivehive.co.uk..JF...(I will normally answer to anything...)

Piglet
2nd-May-2005, 05:24 PM

Me too! But only cos her avatar was a guy punching the camera and I thought that was Lou.

I'm female and used my late Old English Bull Terrier's name. Although her registered name was Aurora Bright Flame! Piglet suited her much better. :nice:

drathzel
2nd-May-2005, 05:27 PM
Swinging Bee!.......I do not swing..... my keys never leave my pocket...Bee? something to with our website...www.jivehive.co.uk..JF...(I will normally answer to anything...)

ah but you forgot the vital information...male or female!!! :grin:

Lou
2nd-May-2005, 07:49 PM
Me too! But only cos her avatar was a guy punching the camera and I thought that was Lou.
:rofl: Nope - that was my fave singer. (And if Mr(s) Lou is reading this, I meant second favourite singer, honest :whistle: ). And he's not punching the camera, he's actually leaning into a locker and getting bitten by a penguin (it's from a children's movie called Amundsen Der Penguin, if that helps... ).

drathzel
2nd-May-2005, 10:34 PM

I'm female and used my late Old English Bull Terrier's name. Although her registered name was Aurora Bright Flame! Piglet suited her much better. :nice:

I dont think dogs suit there registered name as my dog is registered as Kenmalone Bascani but we call him banjax and if you look at my profile in a while (when i change the pic) you will see he looks like a banjax!!!

I have only met one dog whose registered name kinda suited them and thats a springer spaniel call sourball sheryl ( she is a bit of a nutter as well) :hug:

bobgadjet
3rd-May-2005, 01:09 AM

Sometimes I just don't know :whistle:

Bardsey
3rd-May-2005, 12:26 PM

Well I thought Azande was a woman and did him a pink badge for the first Southport event. :blush:

drathzel
3rd-May-2005, 12:52 PM
Well I thought Azande was a woman and did him a pink badge for the first Southport event. :blush:
:rofl: :rofl: you just cheered up my dull day!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Graham
3rd-May-2005, 01:19 PM
Yeah, because lots of girls would choose a StarWars animation as their avatar :rolleyes: :wink:

Bardsey
3rd-May-2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah, because lots of girls would choose a StarWars animation as their avatar :rolleyes: :wink:

Is that what it is? Ooops I didn't realise that! Thought it was just some moving picture of lights in a tunnel :blush: :rofl: Oh well, you learn something new every day :rofl:

drathzel
3rd-May-2005, 01:52 PM
Is that what it is? Ooops I didn't realise that! Thought it was just some moving picture of lights in a tunnel :blush: :rofl: Oh well, you learn something new every day :rofl:
me too :blush:

JCat
3rd-May-2005, 02:03 PM

To go even further off topic. Does anyone else find it slightly confusing to find people they know calling themselves something different on the Forum? I've known Peter Phillips for years as Peter - now I have to stop myself from calling him Lounge Lizard when I meet him or talk about him to someone else.:confused:

Well I don't know about this, as a newcomer to the forum it is extremely confusing to try and work out who everyone is if they don't know your user names, but thenit has the added advantage of you being able to see what people have said about you when they don't know who you are !!! :rolleyes:

CJ
4th-May-2005, 12:31 PM

Well, I like to be a little of both........ :D