PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Celebrity....

Pammy
27th-January-2004, 10:32 AM
I don't know if anyone else watched that last night, but I was really shocked at the first challenge :tears: Good old Jordan really showed team spirit by enduring all those horrible cockroaches crawling over her face and falling down her body.

It somewhat reminded me of a night out in Cricklewood with the Chips Squad, only on a much greater scale :what:

No seriously; I can't believe that anyone could actually endure that. I'm up for most things, but I really would draw the line at that. :sick:

Lory
27th-January-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Pammy
I don't know if anyone else watched that last night, but I was really shocked at the first challenge :tears: Good old Jordan really showed team spirit by enduring all those horrible cockroaches crawling over her face and falling down her body.

I saw it, the girl did good!:cheers: I couldn't help wondering though, how many bugs had been lost down her cleavage for ever, :what:

I'm not really squeamish about creepy crawly's but I didn't like the look of that eel:what:

The thing I WOULD draw the line at is eating those live bug things...those great big, fat, white, wriggling maggot thingy's LIVE :sick: :sick: :sick:

Seeing Jonny rotton in a pen full of Ostrich should be good fun though!:rofl:

Paul F
27th-January-2004, 11:33 AM
Is the location for real though???

I was chatting to someone last night that said they saw a newspaper report about an Australian Hiker who walks by that area every year. He claimed that about 100 yards away from the camp site is a primary school!!!

:what:

That cant be right can it?

fruitcake
27th-January-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Lory
The thing I WOULD draw the line at is eating those live bug things...those great big, fat, white, wriggling maggot thingy's LIVE :sick: :sick: :sick:

:

And I so enjoyed that bacon buttie when I had it this morning, now .....I'm not so sure........it wants to stay down.........:sick: :sick: :sick:

Pammy
27th-January-2004, 12:58 PM
great big, fat, white, wriggling maggot thingy's LIVE :sick: :sick: :sick:

I think I heard someone say it tasted like peanut flavoured yoghurt :sick: :sick: :sick: and it would be warm :tears:

I think Johnny Rotten is going to liven things up; he sure seems like a good laugh.

Bardsey
27th-January-2004, 01:45 PM
I think I heard someone say it tasted like peanut flavoured yoghurt :sick: :sick: :sick: and it would be warm :tears:

I think Johnny Rotten is going to liven things up; he sure seems like a good laugh.

Mmmm peanut flavoured yoghurt....now there's a novelty! I wonder how they know? Have they tasted peanut flavoured yoghurt then?

I heard on the radio this morning that Johnny Rotten is set to be busted cos he is too disruptive. I say give the lad a chance.... disruptive in such a setting could be hilarious!

bobgadjet
27th-January-2004, 02:30 PM
I've just painted a wall and I'm watching it dry...........
MMMmmmm this is so much more interesting tha I'm a celeb :):D

Might go out for a bit of light recreation this afternoon and see if I can see some grass growing.

Bill
27th-January-2004, 03:04 PM
Was discussing TV programmes with a class yesterday and the increase in the number of 'reality' shows.

Really not sure why people want to watch them - especially the likes of Big Brother and the Salon. I can't believe people sit and watch other people getting their hair cut :what:

I thought everyone was too busy dancing to have time to watch these programmes :na:

Lory
27th-January-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Bill
I can't believe people sit and watch other people getting their hair cut :what:

I can't believe that either, it's far to much like going back to work for me!:sick:

I thought everyone was too busy dancing to have time to watch these programmes :na:
Last night was the first time I've watched telly for a long time.

I'm beggining to worry that I've lost the skill! I found it extremely hard to sit down for an entire evening!

Don't laugh, it's true! :D

bobgadjet
27th-January-2004, 05:00 PM
I'm beggining to worry that I've lost the skill! I found it extremely hard to sit down for an entire evening!

Don't laugh, it's true! :D

So you're going to be full of energy tomorrow. GREAT :D. Save me a fast dance PLEASE:hug: Any request? :)
I promise not to play Leny Kravitz, Are you gonna go my way, (nice headbanging:rofl: ) again ! ! :D Didn't THAT get a mixed reaction.

Pammy
27th-January-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by bobgadjet
Save me a fast dance PLEASE

Do you mean at Hippies; if so, do I get one ? I have no idea who you are at the moment.

Pamster

Lory
27th-January-2004, 05:55 PM
So you're going to be full of energy tomorrow. GREAT :D. Save me a fast dance PLEASE:hug: Any request? :)
I promise not to play Leny Kravitz, Are you gonna go my way, (nice headbanging:rofl: ) again ! ! :D Didn't THAT get a mixed reaction.
Oh I thought that song was quite funny! I didn't jive to it though!:D

Just grabbed my air guitar, bent one leg up and hopped along on the other and then found out to my cost, that hair as long as mine should never be head banged:blush:, unless you want to end up looking like a wild savage woman! :rofl:

Always like a dance with you Bob:hug:

bobgadjet
27th-January-2004, 06:12 PM
unless you want to end up looking like a wild savage woman! :rofl:

MMmmmmmmmm :yum:

I like to put something fun on just for entertainment value. Fun is what it's all about.
BTW, not so much Latin tomorrow ! ! !:sick:

bobgadjet
27th-January-2004, 06:13 PM

Always like a dance with you Bob:hug:

Just wish I got more chance:sad: Never mind, I'll settle for what I do get. :)

Bardsey
28th-January-2004, 03:00 PM
I've just painted a wall and I'm watching it dry...........
MMMmmmm this is so much more interesting tha I'm a celeb :):D

Might go out for a bit of light recreation this afternoon and see if I can see some grass growing.

You know, when some of us finally get to meet you, we'll have to carry a jigsaw of your face, so we can identify you :rofl:

bobgadjet
28th-January-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
You know, when some of us finally get to meet you, we'll have to carry a jigsaw of your face, so we can identify you :rofl:
Bleeeve me its not worth the trouble

Dyu really think you wouldn't be able to pick out that nose?
It's nothing to sniff at :D
I pick it out very often :rofl:

Bardsey
28th-January-2004, 04:08 PM
I pick it out very often :rofl:

Yeah I've probably seen you driving down the motorway! obviously a "man" thaang!:rofl:

bobgadjet
28th-January-2004, 05:17 PM
Yeah I've probably seen you driving down the motorway! obviously a "man" thaang!:rofl:

Now now, I've seen females doing it also, that's why I said females, and not ladies :D

Lory
2nd-February-2004, 12:05 AM

s...those great big, fat, white, wriggling maggot thingy's LIVE :sick: :sick: :sick:

Ugh..... it happened tonight! anyone see it?:drool: <=sick

I take my hat off to the girls!

Can anyone answer this...when I watch something I don't like, be it something scarey, cringy or just yukk like tonight, why do I watch it clenching my face, with my fingers in my ears????:sick:

:rofl:

Bill
2nd-February-2004, 12:12 AM
Ugh..... it happened tonight! anyone see it?:drool: <=sick

I take my hat off to the girls!

Can anyone answer this...when I watch something I don't like, be it something scarey, cringy or just yukk like tonight, why do I watch it clenching my face, with my fingers in my ears????:sick:

so why did you watch it at all............ and why continue to watch it when someone was eating maggots or whatever they were :sick: :confused:

Do we all like to really watch disgusting or appaling things on telly ??????

bobgadjet
2nd-February-2004, 12:16 AM
why do I watch it clenching my face, with my fingers in my ears????:sick:

Cos you don't want to hear what your seeing ? :confused:

I can't believe you watch that type of rubbish. I think it's a film lot somewhere at the back of the Eastenders lot at Elstree.
If it wasn't, why are they all couped up in a small area in what is supposed to be a large jungle.

What was that film following a guys life, which nwas just a TV studio. I think it had Jim Carey in it......the name escapes me.
The other film thatn comes to mind is the space one, was that Apollo something-or-other?

bobgadjet
2nd-February-2004, 12:22 AM

Do we all like to really watch disgusting or appaling things on telly ??????

Stars in their eyes
Pop Idol
Blind date

any more ?

TheTramp
2nd-February-2004, 01:44 AM
What was that film following a guys life, which nwas just a TV studio. I think it had Jim Carey in it......the name escapes me. Was it something like the Harry Trueman Show?

Steve

Pammy
2nd-February-2004, 11:16 AM
What I want to know is...

Could anyone have really eaten that big white maggoty thingy?

:sick:

Bill
2nd-February-2004, 12:48 PM
What I want to know is...

Could anyone have really eaten that big white maggoty thingy?

:sick:

well friends of mine went to Thailand and they had a picture of him eating cooked insects/maggots which looked disgusting but he claims they weren't too bad. Suppose it might be like eating prawns or shellfish whcih some folk find rather off-putting as well.

fruitcake
2nd-February-2004, 12:54 PM
well friends of mine went to Thailand and they had a picture of him eating cooked insects/maggots which looked disgusting but he claims they weren't too bad. Suppose it might be like eating prawns or shellfish whcih some folk find rather off-putting as well.

There are worse things to eat,watched a clip of some programme about travel presenters, the natives cooked his pet monkey and gave it to 'im for lunch!

WORSE- do some cultures eat their own placentas when they deliver the babies (or is it just animals)- I think I'd rather have a maggot!:sick:

urgh!

Pammy
2nd-February-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by fruitcake
There are worse things to eat,watched a clip of some programme about travel presenters, the natives cooked his pet monkey and gave it to 'im for lunch!

WORSE- do some cultures eat their own placentas when they deliver the babies (or is it just animals)- I think I'd rather have a maggot!:sick:

urgh!

Yes I've heard about the placenta thing.

It's not so much what the item to be eaten is, but how it is prepared. Eating monkey (not nice at all), but at least it was cooked and disguised somewhat. Eating the maggot raw, while wriggling and biting off it's head and knowing it will squirm violently in your mouth is what makes me feel horrible. It's definitely the movement thing as opposed to what it is. :sick:

Bill
2nd-February-2004, 02:26 PM
Yes I've heard about the placenta thing.

Eating the maggot raw, while wriggling and biting off it's head and knowing it will squirm violently in your mouth is what makes me feel horrible. It's definitely the movement thing as opposed to what it is. :sick:

aren't there people who love things squirming in their mouths ??

Maybe it's a cultural thing :what: :rolleyes:

Bardsey
2nd-February-2004, 03:41 PM
Eating the maggot raw, while wriggling and biting off it's head and knowing it will squirm violently in your mouth is what makes me feel horrible.

Yes, but just imagine what the poor maggot is going through. Don't think I'd be too happy if a giant took hold of me and bit my head off just to entertain the punters watching a TV programme....:rofl: :sick:

Bardsey
2nd-February-2004, 03:42 PM
aren't there people who love things squirming in their mouths ??

Are we back onto sex again????:blush:

bobgadjet
2nd-February-2004, 03:54 PM
Yes, but just imagine what the poor maggot is going through. Don't think I'd be too happy if a giant took hold of me and bit my head off just to entertain the punters watching a TV programme....:rofl: :sick:
but if you didn't bit off the head, and swallowed it whole, still wriggling, and it bred in your stomach...... anyone on a late lunch break? :sick:

Bill
2nd-February-2004, 04:38 PM
Are we back onto sex again????:blush:

The thought nver entered my head.............can't imagine what made you think of sex. ( better be careful or we'll be upstairs again!! :rolleyes: :innocent: )

Pammy
2nd-February-2004, 05:10 PM
Did you see how it stretched when she tried to bite the head off though. It ended up about a foot long before it burst :tears: I had to turn away!

Eating a cockroach though; anyone who's been on a chip squad outing would have found that a doddle! :wink:

Fran
2nd-February-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by fruitcake

urgh!

the placenta is apparently very rich in nutrients and some people also beleive that it can help the mother fend off post natel depression. which for some women they would rather attempt to eat it than go through the misery of PND.

there have been several reports on it , some women/cultres fry it with onions rather like liver. Its not that un commen but may be regarded as a "trendy new age" thing, although its a practice which has been around a while in some cultures.

Not something I was offered at the maternitey unit in Kirckaldy :wink: or would fancy trying - . :what: maybe easier to organise if its a home birth.

Pammy
2nd-February-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Fran
which for some women they would rather attempt to eat it than go through the misery of PND.

there have been several reports on it , some women/cultres fry it with onions rather like liver.

Fried with onions? No doubt with a rasher of bacon across the top :sick:

Haven't heard about the pnd thing, but very interesting.

Px

Bardsey
3rd-February-2004, 01:59 PM

there have been several reports on it , some women/cultres fry it with onions rather like liver.

Oh heck, Fran, think I'm about to up-chuck my lunch :drool: I was just taking a bite of my sarnie when I read that :rofl:

Pammy
3rd-February-2004, 02:22 PM
Oh heck, Fran, think I'm about to up-chuck my lunch :drool: I was just taking a bite of my sarnie when I read that :rofl:

Question is, what was lunch?

Bardsey
3rd-February-2004, 02:45 PM
Question is, what was lunch?

:rofl: :rofl: Just a very unexciting ham sarnie! Perhaps next time I'll ask for a placenta on rye (as opposed to pastrami on rye....very american)

Fran
3rd-February-2004, 05:49 PM

woops! sorry:flower:

at least its nearly tea time now.
:nice:

Bill
3rd-February-2004, 06:17 PM
woops! sorry:flower:

at least its nearly tea time now.
:nice:

sure it would be very good for you.........but too bad if you're vegetarian eh..... but then again maybe you start off with a placenta and end up like that guy who's just been convicted of eating a 'willing victim' in Germany. :sick: :eek:

Bardsey
4th-February-2004, 01:51 PM
like that guy who's just been convicted of eating a 'willing victim' in Germany. :sick: :eek:

Oh my God, yes! Did you see that on the news, how there had been several applicants and the one who died had bits cut off him over a couple of months or something and they ate them together? What really freaked me out was the guys solicitor saying the cannibal guy was a really nice guy and not a monster!!!!

bobgadjet
4th-February-2004, 03:08 PM
Oh my God, yes! Did you see that on the news, how there had been several applicants and the one who died had bits cut off him over a couple of months or something and they ate them together? What really freaked me out was the guys solicitor saying the cannibal guy was a really nice guy and not a monster!!!!
Why did I have to look over this with a late lunch :sick::drool:

ChrisA
4th-February-2004, 03:11 PM
You shouldn't talk like this, Bob.

The German guy has just gone down for an 8 year stretch after his late lunch...

Chris

Bardsey
4th-February-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
You shouldn't talk like this, Bob.

The German guy has just gone down for an 8 year stretch after his late lunch...

Chris

:rofl: :clap: :rofl:

Pammy
4th-February-2004, 04:37 PM

Yes I saw that, they planned how he was going to be cut up together and everything. They tasted a peice off of his thigh if I remember rightly :sick: I think he wrapped him up in something before like a big foil thing or something.

Bardsey
4th-February-2004, 05:03 PM
They tasted a peice off of his thigh if I remember rightly :sick:

Fried "Aryan" rings perhaps? :blush: (sorry :sick: couldn't resist it)

Bill
6th-February-2004, 02:07 AM

Maybe he was....and it would certainly cut down on the grocery bills for a while :sick: :blush:

But agreeing to having bits of you cut off and then eating yourself - is that actually worse ???? What if you liked the taste of yourself. :what: I used to bite my nails but it didn't dawn on me that I could have kept going all the way up my arm :rolleyes:

Watch out folks..... the next time someone gets too close or starts nibbling at your neck........ they may just get too much of a taste for you :whistle: :D

Bardsey
6th-February-2004, 11:23 AM

Watch out folks..... the next time someone gets too close or starts nibbling at your neck........ they may just get too much of a taste for you :whistle: :D

:rofl: :rofl: :clap:

Barry Shnikov
8th-February-2004, 10:24 PM
It somewhat reminded me of a night out in Cricklewood with the Chips Squad, only on a much greater scale :what:

Jordan had an advantage over us though, since all that plastic surgery she probably can't feel the insects crawling over her these days...:devil:

Barry Shnikov
8th-February-2004, 10:28 PM
Oh my God, yes! Did you see that on the news, how there had been several applicants and the one who died had bits cut off him over a couple of months or something and they ate them together?

O-ho! And did you hear which delicacy they started off with? :sick:

Angel Feet
9th-February-2004, 03:46 AM
Yup, Fried , braised, or saute'd placenta is good for preventing post natal depression...apparently it's to do with all the hormones in it..progesterone I think?.......a therapist I used to work with (Fruitcake you know who!) swore by it for preventing PND in his patients

fruitcake
9th-February-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Angel Feet
Yup, Fried , braised, or saute'd placenta is good for preventing post natal depression...apparently it's to do with all the hormones in it..progesterone I think?.......a therapist I used to work with (Fruitcake you know who!) swore by it for preventing PND in his patients

Yes angel feet, Fran discussed this earlier-tres interesting-praps we should try it in the UK!
Personally I don't watch CELEB but am intersted in the basics, so is tonight the last episode?
Or was it last night?
Whos left?
Whos gonna win.
Do I Care-probably not, but everyone seems to like Kerry!Is that her name?

Pammy
9th-February-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Barry Shnikov

Barry Shinikov :hug: Hello! Tried e-mailing you, but to no avail! Must do chips sometime.

Celebrity: I think Kerry will win. Liked Jordan at the start, but couldn't stand her by the end...

All I can say is "1,2,3... Insania!" :rofl:

Px

Bardsey
9th-February-2004, 01:06 PM

No, but could hazard a guess that its the equivalent of sweetbreads????

bobgadjet
9th-February-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Angel Feet
OOHHHHHH NOOOOOO
You lot are doing my diet the world of good :drool:
Why do i have to look at this thread around lunchtime:drool:

I'm feeling positively si........... s'cuse me, gotta go.......:drool:

Barry Shnikov
10th-February-2004, 01:52 AM
Barry Shinikov :hug: Hello! Tried e-mailing you, but to no avail! Must do chips sometime.

E-mail me again - you wouldn't believe the problems I've had PC wise in the last few weeks. Even now have a monitor in being repaired.

Pammy
10th-February-2004, 10:55 AM
E-mail me again - you wouldn't believe the problems I've had PC wise in the last few weeks. Even now have a monitor in being repaired.

Ok :hug:

Now, I'm a celebrity - did anyone watch it, and if they did. Is it me, or does Jordan (Katie) look like another person with her make-up on??? I'd never recognise her and she certainly doesn't look like the girl that was on the show previously. I think she looks tons better without the make-up on!

Px

ChrisA
10th-February-2004, 11:36 AM
I think she looks tons better without the make-up on!

I think she looked tons better before the surgery, too.

Chris

bobgadjet
10th-February-2004, 11:46 AM
I think she looks tons better without the make-up on!

I've not watched that rediculous priogramme, but I think a lot of ladies look so much better with little or no make-up anyway.
I sometimes wonder why some ladies feel the need to use a pallet knife to cover a natural beauty.
Surely it can't do the skin much good to stop it breathing naturally.

Dreadful Scathe
10th-February-2004, 11:59 AM

er..bob - why are you drooling over the thought of canabalism ? :what:

bobgadjet
10th-February-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
er..bob - why are you drooling over the thought of canabalism ? :what: Not drooling, more being sick:sick::drool:

Barry Shnikov
18th-February-2004, 10:01 AM
Ok :hug:

Now, I'm a celebrity - did anyone watch it, and if they did. Is it me, or does Jordan (Katie) look like another person with her make-up on??? I'd never recognise her and she certainly doesn't look like the girl that was on the show previously. I think she looks tons better without the make-up on!

Px

If I never hear of this woman again, and if I never see her with or without her make-up, my life will not be one Planck constant less rich...