PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Ceroc

Chris
27th-January-2004, 05:19 AM
Very funky and good-looking modern jive site has just opened - worth a quick look . . .FunDanse (http://www.fundanse.net/)
(couldn't get the quicktime video clip to work though)

Minnie M
27th-January-2004, 07:35 AM
Just checked their site - $45 :confused: that sounds a lot per class
Also, they haven't an event since April 2003 - are they still active ?

Chris
27th-January-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Minnie M
Just checked their site - $45 :confused: that sounds a lot per class
Also, they haven't an event since April 2003 - are they still active ?

I gather they're still pretty new. They are running mini-courses - latest one starts tonight according to the website, and $45 doesn't sound bad for a series of lessons. A term course in modern jive at Edinburgh's Dance Base, for instance, costs £48. $45Canadian is less than £20. No idea how long you get but courses generally work out slightly cheaper as there's a fixed income from them. I don't know the people involved - think they're Australian.

Martin
28th-January-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Chris
I gather they're still pretty new. They are running mini-courses - latest one starts tonight according to the website, and $45 doesn't sound bad for a series of lessons. A term course in modern jive at Edinburgh's Dance Base, for instance, costs £48. $45Canadian is less than £20. No idea how long you get but courses generally work out slightly cheaper as there's a fixed income from them. I don't know the people involved - think they're Australian.

Jo Learnt in Sydney and is an intermediate dancer.

She teaches "courses" as in adult learning or ballroom setup.

Minimal sucess so far, as most drop out before the end of the course.

One observation (and I did talk to her face to face about her classes less than a month ago) she does not stick to the "Ceroc formula" of providing an evenings dance entertainment. She runs a class, then goodbye, see you next time, rather like a ballroom class in my experience.

The freestyle time IMHO and the social aspect makes a huge difference.

So good for her for trying, got a way to go yet...