PDA

View Full Version : news

Chris
25th-January-2004, 05:21 AM
Free publicity! - ideas for organisers

Congrats to Ceroc Central on getting free publicity in their local online newspaper. I wonder if any other organisers have tried sending an eye-catching photo and press release to the press?

Paid advertising is expensive stuff, and there's an old saying about a picture tells a thousand words.

A lot of fax machines will do a 'broadcast fax' and send a single fax automatically to many news services, vastly increasing the chance of one of them picking it up. I've managed to get responses and interviews on much more boring subjects this way. Perhaps the same thing is possible from PCs?

The accompanying article from Buckingham Online includes all contact details, class times and prices, and a welcome intro about Ceroc - not bad going for a freebie! :wink:

Full article here (http://www.buckinghamtoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=714&ArticleID=728924)

Perhaps a thread could be developed either for news items about Ceroc or, more usefully maybe, ideas for publicity, what works, what doesn't (or is that too close to sharing 'vital secrets'?)

Photo: Instructor Elizabeth Clarke and dance partner Nick Serrechia
demonstrate Ceroc outside Buckingham's Old Gaol

Chris
25th-January-2004, 05:26 AM
Didn't manage to get the picture in the original post (no way to edit it in :confused: )

bigdjiver
25th-January-2004, 05:39 AM
Publicity is a double-edged sword. How many ideal lady candidates for Ceroc are looking at that piccy and saying "No way!"?.

Probably more than enough are thinking "This I gotta see!".

Alas the article does not mention the team cabaret demonstrations.