PDA

View Full Version : Weather warning!

Lory
23rd-January-2004, 06:12 PM
Weather Warning:
Big Freeze on the Way

Copied from news report!....................

BRITAIN is set to plunge into freezing temperatures with heavy snow showers next week.

Some reports predict temperatures as low as -14°C.

The cold snap will begin on Sunday in Scotland and is expected to spread southwards, bringing snowfall to parts of England and Wales by Wednesday.

Severe wintry weather could bring widespread travel chaos on roads and railways and at airports across the country.

A PA WeatherCentre spokesman said showers were expected to turn into snow in Scotland on Sunday, spreading south by Monday morning when freezing temperatures will hit northern England.

By Tuesday, there will a risk of heavy snow showers almost everywhere across Britain, the spokesman said.

But temperatures are likely to drop even further on Wednesday with the cold blast from the Arctic, falling well below freezing in Scotland.

Heavy snow showers are most likely to be seen in Scotland and north-east England on Wednesday, and there will be a "severe and penetrating frost" across Britain overnight.

Temperatures in Scotland will struggle to remain above zero and could plummet to -10°C by midweek.

The spokesman added: "I don't think people should be dusting off their sledges just yet, but it does look like a significant cold snap at the start of next week."

It was not yet clear how long the cold snap would last.

Jon L
23rd-January-2004, 06:28 PM
Right that's it thermal underwear and Long Johns then when I go on the dancefloor :wink:

I wonder if there is a modern jive move called 'The Eskimo' :grin:

Thanks Lory for the post though I guess if it's really bad I won't go out

Chris
23rd-January-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Jon L
I wonder if there is a modern jive move called 'The Eskimo' :grin:

Yeah - from Down Under - typical eh? Not that they get much weather to feel cold about!