PDA

View Full Version : Girl-jokes-arrest - Right or Wrong?

Paul F
22nd-January-2004, 10:57 PM
Would love to know if people agree or disagree with the girl from England getting arrested and bailed in the states for joking about having bombs inside her bags.

What should have happened to her?

Personally, i think anyone who is that stupid deserves it. :devil: :devil:

For those who dont know, this girl went through US customs and as they scanned her bags she said something along the lines of "be careful i have 3 bombs in there". --as a joke!
When the officials asked her to repeat what she said she did - 3 TIMES!!!!
They arrested her and later bailed her to reappear next month in court with the possibility of 18months in prison

Chris
22nd-January-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Paul F
Would love to know if people agree or disagree with the girl from England getting arrested and bailed in the states for joking about having bombs inside her bags.
Personally, i think anyone who is that stupid deserves it. :devil: :devil:

I'm not happy with the current US laws but if you go to a country you have to abide by their laws and I think what she said was 'illegal'. Reminds me of a great Dilbert joke the other day:

"What have you learnt from your recent travels?"

"There's some people you shouldn't call on your mobile from a plane"

(cut to scene)

"Hi . . . Jack . . . "

TheTramp
23rd-January-2004, 12:43 AM
Pleased to be of service...

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-January-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Paul F

What should have happened to her?

She made a very poor 'joke' - when asked to repeat the 'joke' she did as asked. At worst she should get a slap on the wrists for stupidity when confronted with anal american airline staff, but exactly what crime did she commit ? If stupidity was a crime in America would Bush be President ? :)