PDA

View Full Version : It's a girl thing

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-January-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
Can't wait.....oooh Andy can I come shopping with you please?:wink:

Don't you have enough lingerie already ? :)

Emma
22nd-January-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Don't you have enough lingerie already ? :) What a silly question..there is no such thing as enough lingerie, only too little storage :wink:

Martin
22nd-January-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Emma
What a silly question..there is no such thing as enough lingerie, only too little storage :wink:

I have recently come to understand this...

What about SHOES?

Went on holiday recently with a bunch of people, one girl weighed 40kg, her luggage weighed 46kg:what:

We found out it was the shoes, 23 pairs:confused: is this normal?

She explained every outfit needed different shoes, is this normal?

YES she did wear all her shoes at some point - so SCARY :really: :really:

This was for 8 days:(

Emma
22nd-January-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Martin
What about SHOES?Definitely....exactly the same. More so, if anything :)

Went on holiday recently with a bunch of people, one girl weighed 40kg, her luggage weighed 46kg:what:
We found out it was the shoes, 23 pairs:confused: is this normal?Yep, completely :)
She explained every outfit needed different shoes, is this normal??Yes. You might as well accept it :waycool:

fruitcake
22nd-January-2004, 04:50 PM
What a silly question..there is no such thing as enough lingerie, only too little storage :wink:

Totally totally agree Emma,
I myself have 33 bras, at the last count,one has to have bras with matching knickers, one has to have different bras for different cuts of tops, one has to have bras for different shapes that one wants,or to cover or reveal, cleavage bras, sports bras, halterneck bras, strapless bras,and one has to have bras that are just for the loved one to see without a top. I can see I don't have enough.
Some people might say that its not the packaging, but whats underneath, but I just LOVE BRAs.

Oh , am I straying off the point of the thread-oops-sorry!
Fruitcake:devil:

Bardsey
22nd-January-2004, 04:51 PM
Definitely....exactly the same. More so, if anything :)
Yep, completely :)[/b]Yes. You might as well accept it :waycool: [/B]

Lingerie, shoes....its just a girl thing....as Emma says, just accept it and move on!!! :rofl:

PS Oh and Chocolate!

Tazmanian Devil
22nd-January-2004, 05:13 PM

hee hee you have the storage problem to :rofl:

Originally posted by fruitcake
I myself have 33 bras, at the last count,one has to have bras with matching knickers, one has to have different bras for different cuts of tops, one has to have bras for different shapes that one wants,or to cover or reveal, cleavage bras, sports bras, halterneck bras, strapless bras,and one has to have bras that are just for the loved one to see without a top. I can see I don't have enough.

Me too :grin: You can NEVER have toooo much lingerie :wink:

Chicklet
22nd-January-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by fruitcake
Some people might say that its not the packaging, but whats underneath, but I just LOVE BRAs.

Oh , am I straying off the point of the thread-oops-sorry!
Fruitcake:devil:

Hear Hear, will post bra count in morning.

Bill
22nd-January-2004, 05:45 PM
Never met a woman who had enough underwear ( sounds better to say lingerie doesn't it :D ) and can understand that as I quite enjoy buying for myself ( men's not women's............:rolleyes: ). Must have about 35/40 pairs but thankfully don't have to spend money on matching bras!! :na:

I enjoy shopping but attitude to underwear - as well as the choice available - is a real difference bwteen the sexes isn't it ? It's nice to buy a woman some new underwear and she'll really appreciate it but it's not quite the same receiving a pair of boxers or a t-shirt as a man:sick:

Any excuse to walk round the underwear section at M&S - or other high street store :innocent: :rolleyes:

DangerousCurves
22nd-January-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Bill
I enjoy shopping but attitude to underwear - as well as the choice available - is a real difference bwteen the sexes isn't it ? It's nice to buy a woman some new underwear and she'll really appreciate it but it's not quite the same receiving a pair of boxers or a t-shirt as a man:sick:

If this is a really heartfelt plea to spice up your underwear drawer I could tell you of a wonderful place in Brighton, where its an absolute pleasure to buy mens scanties!

I have delighted (and surprised) a couple of my dancer pals with gifts from this shop.... :wink:

Minnie M
23rd-January-2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by DangerousCurves
tell you of a wonderful place in Brighton, where its an absolute pleasure to buy mens scanties!

where :cheers:

sounds like a great place for pressies :wink:

DangerousCurves
23rd-January-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Minnie M
where :cheers:

I'll send you directions......xx :wink:

Rachel
23rd-January-2004, 01:32 PM
Hmm, now I have a real dilemma when it comes to lingerie. I've always had this mental thing that says you should not buy your own jewellery (way too self-indulgent) or underwear (not quite sure why ...!)

However, things are beginning to get to crisis point. It's probably been over 10 years since boyfriends/husband bought me any underwear .... So I'm now reduced to wearing what my mother buys for me at Christmas. Yes, you can imagine, can't you!!

Now Marc's all too ready to laugh at my so-called 'granny panties' etc etc. But can I get him to buy me any nice replacements??? No! So what do I do - keep on nagging him, or break a habit and buy my own stuff?

And where on earth do you start? I mean - do you buy 'sensible', or go all-out and buy the really sexy stuff that you really wish someone would buy for you? Somehow that doesn't seem right... Help!!!
Rachel

TheTramp
23rd-January-2004, 01:33 PM
Or you could just give up on Marc, and get someone else to buy them for you :wink:

Steve

Heather
23rd-January-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Martin

What about SHOES?

We found out it was the shoes, 23 pairs:confused: is this normal?

She explained every outfit needed different shoes, is this normal?

YES she did wear all her shoes at some point - so SCARY :really: :really:

This was for 8 days:(

I think you really need to ask Lily about this subject!!!!:rofl:

:hug:
Heather,
X

Dutchginger
23rd-January-2004, 01:51 PM
Go out and buy BOTH!!

I know where you're coming from, but too many years in singledom have forced me to think again... And once you start indulging yourself with some luvly stuff (and Marc sees the effect...:yum: ), you won't know when to stop!!

No doubt he'll catch on soon enough too..

Admit I am totally addicted now and my old sidecupboard moaned and groaned until finally falling apart under the strain of all this luvly gear (not kidding:D ). So got myself a new (bigger) one which is filling up nicely...

You'll need some comfy sensible stuff too, of course. Trust me, Bridget Jones would be v proud of the super-knickers I wear under my Strictly outfits. I mean, it's all about the laugh and TEASE in that context, NOT about showing off my goodies in public, is it...:innocent:

But you'll find even the sensible ones have come a long way since your granny went shopping...

Try www.figleaves.com which is a good starting point for both sexy AND comfy. And Marc may find this more approachable than walking into a lingery shop, should he wish to reconsider...

And I can recommend the Brighton shop DC mentioned too :drool:

Go Rachel, GO SHOPPING!!

PS Can't believe my 1st posting on this forum is about lingery.... Tsk Tsk Tsk

Chris
23rd-January-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Now Marc's all too ready to laugh at my so-called 'granny panties' etc etc. But can I get him to buy me any nice replacements??? No! So what do I do - keep on nagging him, or break a habit and buy my own stuff?

And where on earth do you start? I mean - do you buy 'sensible', or go all-out and buy the really sexy stuff that you really wish someone would buy for you? Somehow that doesn't seem right... Help!!!
Rachel

Buy your own, at least for starters.

A women's lingerie department can be a bit intimidating for a man. Lots of women waltzing about knowing exactly what they are doing, trying things on even and being quite casual about it, and the guy maybe has to ask basic questions from the female shop assistant - eek!*

Start off buying what you think is fab and sexy and beautiful - get quality (ie not Ann Summers, at least for starters). He will probably be tentatively appreciative, don't expect him to go wild (though if he does it's a bonus eh?) After a while (when your lingerie has become a reasonable topic of ordinary conversation - believe me it is a valid one) - try to find out what he finds the sexiest type of underwear. Black? White? Lacy? Plain? Don't rush out and buy it, but build that knowledge into your subsequent shopping trips.

*my funniest memory was as a young lad accompanying girlfriend to shop for linegrie, trying to merge in the background, not look like a perv, attempting to look cool and moving as silently as possible through the many stands of amazing finery. Suddenly my jacket caught on the end of a railing - it collapsed of course, bringing down hundreds of pounds of exotic laceries, and with a domino effect - oooer . . .

Lory
23rd-January-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Chris
get quality (ie not Ann Summers, at least for starters).

STOP RIGHT THERE!

I'm sorry Chris, you might know alot, about all sort of things BUT this IS A GIRL thing and I might tell you 'ANN SUMMERS' does some wonderful lingerie, not just over the top SEXY stuff but some very good quality, pretty stuff too!

AND they have a brilliant size range! Much better than M&S, where the only bra's they do my in size, make me look like Matron off of a Carry On Film!:devil:

Chris
23rd-January-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Lory
STOP RIGHT THERE!

I'm sorry Chris, you might know alot, about all sort of things BUT this IS A GIRL thing and I might tell you 'ANN SUMMERS' does some wonderful lingerie, not just over the top SEXY stuff but some very good quality, pretty stuff too!

AND they have a brilliant size range! Much better than M&S, where the only bra's they do my in size, make me look like Matron off of a Carry On Film!:devil:

You have an advantage Lory - I ain't a woman. But if Ann Summers has started doing value for money that's new to me. From what I have seen they are to sexy clothing what Next is to business clothing - does the job but don't expect it to last.

There are stores that do such a better job at the same price or the same thing at a lower price. Try the fetish shop in Edinburgh's Cockburn Street (inc lingerie), or Joey D's in Broughton St Edinburgh (sexy stuff but not lingerie) or any number of excellent independents (there's some great ones in Glasgow but excuse me if I forget the names).

As high street shops go, A.S. is not too bad, and yes they have some nice stuff, but I think it's overpriced (but I may be wrong). M&S was in terminal decline for a while regarding lingerie but I hear they've improved a bit again since they got the new designers in. The point about sizes is an excellent one though - you've got me there.
:blush:
I was really hoping some women would chip in on this. I can offer a man's viewpoint, but women invariably know better about where to go for women's clothes.

Dutchginger
23rd-January-2004, 02:40 PM

I was really hoping some women would chip in on this. I can offer a man's viewpoint, but women invariably know better about where to go for women's clothes.

Yes we do:D

I buy most my stuff from websites and a couple of trusted shops (PM me for details, ladies)

Don't think I have EVER bought anything from M&S (lingerie or otherwise) though some high street shops (John Lewis, House of Fraser) occassionally have something of note in their collection.

The most difficult thing I find is to find suitable Strictly outfits eg tantalising, but comfy to demo/dance in and not TOO revealing...remember the TEASE/CABARET factor counts. Would luv to find somehting "Chicago" style...

If any of you have any suggestions where to try, PLEASE let me know as the last outfit came from Copenhagen and that's a BIT too much out of my way:grin:

Chris
23rd-January-2004, 02:41 PM
Does Ann Summers stuff have labels? Some people are more label-conscious than others. To suddenly spring Ann Summers lingerie on an unsuspecting husband might not be that subtle . . .

Dutchginger
23rd-January-2004, 02:45 PM
Does Ann Summers stuff have labels? Some people are more label-conscious than others. To suddenly spring Ann Summers lingerie on an unsuspecting husband might not be that subtle . . .

Ever heard of cutting labels out...?

Anyway, if he has time to check the label, it didn't work...:D

Lory
23rd-January-2004, 02:54 PM
You have an advantage Lory - I ain't a woman.
Correct!

But if Ann Summers has started doing value for money that's new to me.

I can assure you, I've looked everywhere and unless you want to spend £75 to £100 on a Rigby and Pella made to measure job, you'll be hard pushed to find something better, I mean in MY size and PRETTY! The average price in Ann Summers is about £28 and they don't fall apart!

There are stores that do such a better job at the same price or the same thing at a lower price. Try the fetish shop in Edinburgh's Cockburn Street (inc lingerie), or Joey D's in Broughton St Edinburgh (sexy stuff but not lingerie) or any number of excellent independents (there's some great ones in Glasgow but excuse me if I forget the names).

I don't know where you got the idea but I'm NOT looking for Fetish Wear!:rofl:

Chris
23rd-January-2004, 03:21 PM
I'll take your word for it. I was the only guy brave enough to offer a man's point of view on buying lingerie - the stuff about which shops was thrown in as an afterthought.

- cutting labels out is a bit tacky - sorry! And have you never heard of taking things slowly?

Aleks
23rd-January-2004, 03:25 PM
I can assure you, I've looked everywhere and unless you want to spend £75 to £100 on a Rigby and Pella made to measure job, you'll be hard pushed to find something better, I mean in MY size and PRETTY! The average price in Ann Summers is about £28 and they don't fall apart!

I have some very beautiful Rigby & Peller lingerie......and it's worth every penny...........but most of my purchases come from Bravissimo who operate via shops, catalogue and website (I think Heather purchases from them too). Unfortunately Ann Summers has nothing in my size......

Dutchginger
23rd-January-2004, 03:30 PM
Leaving labels in things where they interfere with the look (or pop out for all to see is IMO worse..

Guess I'm only label conscious to the extent that I need to know how to wash the pretty little things rather than getting hooked on brands. If it's quality and it fits and it looks good, I'll wear it!

And whether things are taken slowly or not...he STILL shouldn't be checking out my labels...:wink:

Bardsey
23rd-January-2004, 03:34 PM
they have a brilliant size range! Much better than M&S, where the only bra's they do my in size, make me look like Matron off of a Carry On Film!:devil:

Oh dear, you too Lory? I'll have to give the Ann Summers shop in town a browse now, always thought they just did the "behind closed doors" stuff.

Chris
23rd-January-2004, 03:36 PM
I'm against brand snobbery but a lot of designer labels are expensive because they are also quality. It's good to know which IMHO. But we all have different tastes - mine were developed through my experiences and yours will be different. And of course you can dictate the terms to your men as to what they can look at! :wink:

Lory
23rd-January-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
I have some very beautiful Rigby & Peller lingerie......and it's worth every penny........... I also have a couple of special sets from there and YES they are worth it, especially if you've paid a lot of money for a dress, what you wear under it is very important, to the shape but in all honesty, I can't justify buying ALL my undies from there!

:tears::tears: :tears:

Aleks
23rd-January-2004, 03:45 PM
I also have a couple of special sets from there and YES they are worth it, especially if you've paid a lot of money for a dress, what you wear under it is very important, to the shape but in all honesty, I can't justify buying ALL my undies from there!

:tears::tears: :tears:

Oh, but I can......I just can't seem to convince my boss to increase my salary to support my belief, especially as my undies mean nothing to him!

Jon L
23rd-January-2004, 03:55 PM
Deviating slightly from the thread but there is a girl I know who is a crew member for one of the southern England companies who works for that shop which I have not been in to yet and certainly not in to the over 18 section :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

I did make a joke to her and she said "Spare me the lingerie jokes, I get so many of them it get's boring :wink: "

I first got to know her during Mr. Lizard's drop class at stompin in Brighton when doing the usual drops she wagged her finger at me and said "Now look you ! stop enjoying yourself :wink: ) she particularly (dis)liked the move he teaches that comes where you hook the lady over your shoulder and just drag her off the dance floor!"

TheTramp
23rd-January-2004, 04:07 PM
Oh, but I can......I just can't seem to convince my boss to increase my salary to support my belief, especially as my undies mean nothing to him! Have you shown them to him? With you in them?

I'm sure that'd change his mind :na:

Steve

Aleks
23rd-January-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Have you shown them to him? With you in them?

I'm sure that'd change his mind :na:

Steve

I wouldn't want to!:sick:

TheTramp
23rd-January-2004, 04:21 PM
I wouldn't want to!:sick: Not even to get a raise, so that you could buy more?? :devil:

Steve

Bill
23rd-January-2004, 04:41 PM
You have an advantage Lory - I ain't a woman. But if Ann Summers has started doing value for money that's new to me. From what I have seen they are to sexy clothing what Next is to business clothing - does the job but don't expect it to last.

Nope you're not a woman Chris and neither am I and at the risk of appearing to be ' having a go ' I have to say it does seem unneccessary for a man to offer women advice on underwear - especially as so many men buy underwear for women which they either don't like ( tacky instead of sexy or even pretty) or the wrong size.

Anne Summers - having bought over Knickerbox does have a reasonable range now and the quality seems to be as good as many other stores. Much of their stock is still pretty dire - all the cheap and nasty nylon items but I know a few women who have bought really nice tops for dancing.

Like the idea of the shop in Brighton - I did buy a couple of nice pieces in a shop in Amsterdam last year so I assume it's the same kind of shop :D

One advantage of leaving the label on underwear is obviously that the man will know which size to buy. :na: ..........although I know that some labels can spoil the look and get rather scratchy.

Chris
23rd-January-2004, 04:59 PM
Nope you're not a woman Chris and neither am I and at the risk of appearing to be ' having a go ' I . . .

and what happened to your promise not to respond to my posts??? (cos you couldn't do so without being unpleasant as I seem to recall)

Hands off ears:

I was responding to a post from a woman asking about buying lingerie cos her partner wasn't buying any. As a man I think I'm entitled to an opinion, meant helpfully, on what turns a man on.

I wondered how long it would be before you had a go at me again - I suppose we all go merrily off outside again now . . .

Chris
23rd-January-2004, 05:00 PM
memo to Billikins - please use 'Block' button - you don't like anything I say remember??

Emma
23rd-January-2004, 05:04 PM
My favourite bra came from Ann Summers. It's not remotely tacky. I've had it and worn if for long enough for it to represent value for money, too.

Rachel, buying yourself nice underwear is an essential life pleasure :), get out there and treat yourself, girl!

John S
23rd-January-2004, 05:28 PM
- I did buy a couple of nice pieces in a shop in Amsterdam last year
And were there models in the window of this shop, Bill?
:devil:

Lory
23rd-January-2004, 05:49 PM
Rachel, buying yourself nice underwear is an essential life pleasure :), get out there and treat yourself, girl!

Your sooo right Emma!

the pleasure us girls gets from having one of 'those' showers/baths, when we do ALL our bits and pieces, face packs, hair treatments, exfoliation, pumice our feet, shave legs underarms etc.........rub copious amounts of beautiful body lotion on, paint toe and finger nails then dab a little pufume on wrists and behind ears.... :yum:

then to finally go and ruin it with BIG KNICKERS:what::really:

RACHEL PLEASE! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aleks
23rd-January-2004, 05:54 PM
Your sooo right Emma!

the pleasure us girls gets from having one of 'those' showers/baths, when we do ALL our bits and pieces, face packs, hair treatments, exfoliation, pumice our feet, shave legs underarms etc.........rub copious amounts of beautiful body lotion on, paint toe and finger nails then dab a little pufume on wrists and behind ears.... :yum:

then to finally go and ruin it with BIG KNICKERS:what::really:

RACHEL PLEASE! :hug: :hug: :hug:

The other option would be..........to refuse to wear any until new ones are bought:wink:

Bill
23rd-January-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by John S
And were there models in the window of this shop, Bill?
:devil:

Erm............. actually no.... but it wasn't very far from that area :rolleyes: .........and I did have Fran to look after me :wink:

Emma
23rd-January-2004, 06:08 PM
The other option would be..........to refuse to wear any until new ones are bought:wink: I considered suggesting that too :rofl:

Aleks
23rd-January-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Not even to get a raise, so that you could buy more?? :devil:

Steve

Double:sick:!

Daisy
23rd-January-2004, 07:37 PM
Hmm, now I have a real dilemma when it comes to lingerie. I've always had this mental thing that says you should not buy your own jewellery (way too self-indulgent) or underwear (not quite sure why ...!)

However, things are beginning to get to crisis point. It's probably been over 10 years since boyfriends/husband bought me any underwear .... So I'm now reduced to wearing what my mother buys for me at Christmas. Yes, you can imagine, can't you!!

Don't wear any?!!
Rachel :rofl: :rofl: :kiss:

xSalsa_Angelx
23rd-January-2004, 07:47 PM

Any excuse to walk round the underwear section at M&S - or other high street store :innocent: :rolleyes:

When you taking me shopping then bill? :drool: :D

Tiggerbabe
23rd-January-2004, 09:17 PM
Totally agree Emma - nice underwear is.........well nice :waycool:
Ann Summers have some lovely stuff - can't beat spending the day shopping for lingerie - well, shopping full stop :wink:

Now where's this nice store, Dutchginger?

Dutchginger
23rd-January-2004, 09:45 PM
brighton. Dangerous Curves has all the details :grin:

Tiggerbabe
23rd-January-2004, 09:47 PM
Sooooooooooo - if I make it down to RockBottoms in April - I'd best bring my cheque book :wink: and a big suitcase :D

Emma
23rd-January-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
Sooooooooooo - if I make it down to RockBottoms in April - I'd best bring my cheque book :wink: and a big suitcase :D Make that a bigger suitcase *snigger* :hug:

Bill
24th-January-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
When you taking me shopping then bill? :drool: :D

Just say when !!!!!!:D

xSalsa_Angelx
24th-January-2004, 12:30 AM
Just say when !!!!!!:D

I suppose you want them modelled to do ya? :D

Have to go shopping tomorrow for my Wee sister's pressie tomorrow, its her 18th tomorrow :D

Alfie
24th-January-2004, 12:33 AM
I have bought the boss lady many types and colours of underwear over the years and I am not phased at all in the lingerie dept of any stores.
For Ladies with a fuller figure the boss says Ambrose Wilson do nice, pretty matching sets (she has lots aswell)
For shopping on line try lady"B"wear or shapleyfigures.com.
I am thirty seven this year and have never purchased underwear for myself ever. I'm not sure if this is somthing to be proud of though:D

Bill
24th-January-2004, 12:48 AM
I suppose you want them modelled to do ya? :D

Have to go shopping tomorrow for my Wee sister's pressie tomorrow, its her 18th tomorrow :D

I'd volunteer to come along but I don't know your sister :D and how could I comment on your purchases if you didn't model them :na: :innocent:

xSalsa_Angelx
24th-January-2004, 01:00 AM
I'd volunteer to come along but I don't know your sister :D and how could I comment on your purchases if you didn't model them :na: :innocent:

My sister (Laura) is not coming, she will be in bed recovering from a hangover tomorrow, from tonights rendevous in town. (last night of illegal drinking she says)

I am thinking of going in early, but I hate mornings, I don't do mornings in a big way (still has to be done) :D

Ok good point :na:

Bill
24th-January-2004, 01:04 AM

I am thinking of going in early, but I hate mornings, I don't do mornings in a big way (still has to be done) :D

Ok good point :na:

Well make sure you get the right size and something appropriate :na: :D

xSalsa_Angelx
24th-January-2004, 01:10 AM
Well make sure you get the right size and something appropriate :na: :D

Yes DAD :na:

Bill
24th-January-2004, 01:13 AM
Yes DAD :na:

:rofl: :na:

well I am probably old enough :rolleyes:

what about about a good pair of 'Ceroc' pants and a nice thermal vest !!! She might need them next week if the forecasts are correct

xSalsa_Angelx
24th-January-2004, 01:23 AM
:rofl: :na:

well I am probably old enough :rolleyes:

what about about a good pair of 'Ceroc' pants and a nice thermal vest !!! She might need them next week if the forecasts are correct

:rofl:

Ceroc pants may not be good idea as she does not do ceroc, she thinks its full of old men, don't think its her seen to do ceroc (i have tried to get her along but she says no)

Na I was thinking more along the lines of getting her something naughty from the Ann Summers shop and then getting my brothers best mate to give it to her.

xSalsa_Angelx
24th-January-2004, 01:26 AM
oooooops just re-read that thread and relised it sounded very naugty, not what I meant... :rofl:

meant more like a nurses uniform and then get nev to give her that. ooops

DangerousCurves
24th-January-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Alfie
I am thirty seven this year and have never purchased underwear for myself ever. I'm not sure if this is somthing to be proud of though:D

I'm not clear whether this means that you have always had a host of devoted ladies to buy it for you.... or simply that you don't bother with any?!

Not sure if I should ask for clarification.....:what:

Bill
24th-January-2004, 01:41 AM
I'm not clear whether this means that you have always had a host of devoted ladies to buy it for you.... or simply that you don't bother with any?!

no perhaps you shouldn't :sick: :rolleyes:

but sometimes at M&S you have to fight through the women stretching mens y-fronts or boxers asking friend/daughter/mother if they thought they were big enough for him.

Can you imagine the reaction if 2 men were in the female section picking up bras and knickers, stretching the fabric, looking carefully at the gusset and asking each other if they thought they would fit. :sick: :rolleyes:

Bill
24th-January-2004, 01:43 AM
oooooops just re-read that thread and relised it sounded very naugty, not what I meant... :rofl:

meant more like a nurses uniform and then get nev to give her that. ooops

you been drinking.................. your spelling is getting worse and you make less sense :D :na:

underwear and nurses uniform..... well maybe see you in A.S tomorow then :na: :cheers:

xSalsa_Angelx
24th-January-2004, 01:49 AM
you been drinking.................. your spelling is getting worse and you make less sense :D :na:

underwear and nurses uniform..... well maybe see you in A.S tomorow then :na: :cheers:

:rofl: wish I was, unless some one has spiked my Lemon Tea
could not type for laughing too much. that's your fault. :na:

DangerousCurves
24th-January-2004, 01:51 AM
Can you imagine the reaction if 2 men were in the female section picking up bras and knickers, stretching the fabric, looking carefully at the gusset and asking each other if they thought they would fit. :sick: :rolleyes:

Fit them? or fit a beloved female? :D

To be honest, it wouldn't worry me either way... but then what can you expect from an actress from Brighton? :wink:

xSalsa_Angelx
24th-January-2004, 01:52 AM
no perhaps you shouldn't :sick: :rolleyes:

but sometimes at M&S you have to fight through the women stretching mens y-fronts or boxers asking friend/daughter/mother if they thought they were big enough for him.

:rofl: :rofl: Have you ever thought about being a comedian?

I did see two poof's in a womans shop in canada trying on a bright green and a bright orange sleevless mo-hair jumper, and the guy with the jumper turned round to his partner and said "How do I look in this?" and the other one said "you look gorgeous" (while stroking the jumper)

Alfie
24th-January-2004, 09:57 AM

OOH no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldnt go commando, way too much chaffing, especially in the famous baggy red trousers

1st devoted woman was my mum, and she still buys me boxers.
2nd devoted woman (I hope) is the boss lady. Boxers for work Kalvin Kleins for dancing:wink: :wink: :wink:

Rachel
26th-January-2004, 12:04 PM
Go out and buy BOTH!! ... Go Rachel, GO SHOPPING!!
Buy your own, at least for starters.
Rachel, buying yourself nice underwear is an essential life pleasure , get out there and treat yourself, girl!
then to finally go and ruin it with BIG KNICKERS … RACHEL PLEASE!
Totally agree Emma - nice underwear is.........well nice
Ann Summers have some lovely stuff - can't beat spending the day shopping for lingerie - well, shopping full stop You're all brilliant - I'm convinced, I'm convinced!!! My God, Marc's not going to know what's hit him ...

I love the look of the figleaves site … thanks, Marianne. It's brilliant to see you on the forum, by the way!

The other option would be..........to refuse to wear any until new ones are bought Like it! I'd better watch those short skirts at Ceroc, though!

Anyway, if he has time to check the label, it didn't work... Heehee!!
Rachel xx

Bill
26th-January-2004, 02:26 PM
I'd better watch those short skirts at Ceroc, though!

Heehee!!
Rachel xx

otherwise we'll all be down to Northampton for a dance :wink:

Rachel
26th-January-2004, 03:07 PM
otherwise we'll all be down to Northampton for a dance :wink: Ah, so that's what it takes, is it??? I do seem to remember having to run all the way across the floor last year at Blackpool to grab you for a dance. That was the one and only time we've ever danced ... Was thinking I'd have to do the same this year!
R.

Bardsey
26th-January-2004, 03:12 PM
I love the look of the figleaves site … thanks, Marianne. It's brilliant to see you on the forum, by the way!

Where did Marianne post? I think I met her on Saturday at Stockport and we talked of the Forum.

Rachel
26th-January-2004, 03:27 PM
Where did Marianne post? I think I met her on Saturday at Stockport and we talked of the Forum. Marianne's post referring to the fig leaves site is on the first page of this thread.

This Marianne - the Strictly Sinful one - was at Hammersmith on Saturday. Looking as sexy as ever! I wonder who it was that you met? (Wow, do you think the world is ready for two Mariannes!!!)
Rachel

Bardsey
26th-January-2004, 03:30 PM
Marianne's post referring to the fig leaves site is on the first page of this thread.

This Marianne - the Strictly Sinful one - was at Hammersmith on Saturday. Looking as sexy as ever! I wonder who it was that you met? (Wow, do you think the world is ready for two Mariannes!!!)
Rachel

Obviously a very different Marianne. Its just that we talked of the forum and she knew who I was from reading the posts, but said she hadn't as yet posted anything herself, so I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5 million, as usual :rofl:

Rachel
26th-January-2004, 03:49 PM
Obviously a very different Marianne. Its just that we talked of the forum and she knew who I was from reading the posts, but said she hadn't as yet posted anything herself, so I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5 million, as usual :rofl: At least you're being logical about it ... I've got to the stage where I assume every new person I meet must be a forum member. (And if not, why not??) Well, sometimes it works - I found out who Horsey Dude was that way ...
Rachel

Bill
26th-January-2004, 04:13 PM
Ah, so that's what it takes, is it??? I do seem to remember having to run all the way across the floor last year at Blackpool to grab you for a dance. That was the one and only time we've ever danced ... Was thinking I'd have to do the same this year!
R.

I'd love to dance with you again..........whatever you are wearing !!:D And I must get back to Northampton again soon.... have only been once and that was a couple of years ago now.

See you in Blackpool :cheers:

Dutchginger
26th-January-2004, 04:14 PM
(Wow, do you think the world is ready for two Mariannes!!!)

Never! the world is having a hard enough time coping with just one of me:grin:

Mikey
26th-January-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Dutchginger
Never! the world is having a hard enough time coping with just one of me:grin:

Two would be ruddy brilliant !!! A couple of valium and i would cope.. no problem:wink: