PDA

View Full Version : Anything happening in Scotland ?????

Dance Demon
21st-January-2004, 10:30 PM
Is there anything happening in scotland these days..?
Reading the Social Events section, it seems like the Ceroc Scotland Forum aint very Scottish these days :(
There are events in Nantwich, Northwich, Middlewich, picketywitch, wicked witch, Southport, Stockport, port'n' lemon...........and lots of hip :wink: places wot is on in Laahndan an' the saahf......:devil:

Are there any Scots out there still reading and posting on the forum about what's happening up here..?

fruitcake
21st-January-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Reading the Social Events section, it seems like the Ceroc Scotland Forum aint very Scottish these days :(
There are events in Nantwich, Northwich, Middlewich, picketywitch, wicked witch, Southport, Stockport, port'n' lemon...........and lots of hip :wink: places wot is on in Laahndan an' the saahf......:devil:

Are there any Scots out there still reading and posting on the forum about what's happening up here..?

fruitcake
21st-January-2004, 10:40 PM
Sorry, dunno how the above happened. Here is my proper reply.
Yes I am from Aberdeen and post on the forum!
Us Aberdonians go to Peterculter(pronounced Petercooter )on a Tuesday, and O'donahues on a Thursday, and some go to other scottish places too, but as i am busy at work, I;m sure they will tell you all about it.
The ones in Aberdeen are fantastic- I love them.
Fruitcake:cheers:

TheTramp
21st-January-2004, 11:02 PM

Are there any Scots out there still reading and posting on the forum about what's happening up here..? I know what you're trying to say John.

I think that we (heh, am I allowed to say 'we' when talking about the Scots?) tend to post about the more special events. There's threads about the Beach Ballroom, Route66, Boogienights, Dunblane type happenings.

What we don't tend to do is post about your average week nights. You know like, I'm going to Peterculter tomorrow for the normal weekly class, where I'll expect to see all the usual people, but please let me know that you're coming anyhow, oh, and btw, now that it's happened, it was nice to see all you usual people there, and I had lovely dances with X, Y and Z (as usual). Oh, and we went for food afterwards (as usual).

Maybe it's a Southern thing :wink:

Steve

Jive Brummie
21st-January-2004, 11:16 PM
I'm going to Perth tomorrow, where I expect to see The Tramp, Sheena, Heather, Linda, Franck, John S and other's...hopefully. Are you all going, if not why not, and can I get a dance, like I do every week with you all.

Oh, and thanks for the dance we've had before, that I probably thanked you for at the time, but hey, you can never be too polite. And shall we go for food afterwards.....or just go home??:wink: :wink:

New Perth venue soon, don't you know. Who'll be going?? Or shall I assume it's everyone that normally goes.

.......ok then.

...................................taxi:waycool:

p.s. FC are you going??? oh, you're sat next to me, oh well I'll put it on the forum anyway.....good, good.

Tiggerbabe
21st-January-2004, 11:30 PM
BEACH BALLROOM - 21ST AND 22ND FEBRUARY
That's the Beach Ballroom, Aberdeen, SCOTLAND - Absolutely THE place to be that weekend :wink:

SwingSwingSwing
22nd-January-2004, 12:22 AM
Well, funnily enough, I'll be going to Edinburgh Swing Dance Society tomorrow night, helping out with the classes, trying to dance with as many people as possible, making sure I mention the biggest swing dance event is Scotland, The Spring Swing Fling (http://hopscotch-swing.co.uk/SpringFling.php) as often as I can.

Then on Sunday it will be off to Swing On A Sunday Afternoon (http://hopscotch-swing.co.uk/soasa.php) where I'll be helping out with the class, dancing with as many people as possible, maybe do a bit of DJing, and of course making sure I mention the biggest swing dance event is Scotland, The Spring Swing Fling (http://hopscotch-swing.co.uk/SpringFling.php) as often as I can.

:)

SwingSwingSwing

Tiggerbabe
22nd-January-2004, 01:35 AM
And then there's STIRLING Opening night Wednesday 11th February :wink: :cheers:

Stuart M
22nd-January-2004, 10:15 AM
Well, yeah...I think it's just that some of our historically frequent posters (Graham, Wendy, FC, Chicklet et al) have been a little quiet of late. Plus, on the dance technical side, some of us have been on the Forum so long it's difficult to say anything new (me, I exhausted my limited technical knowledge of dance in March 2002...)

I think we should start some generic threads, like "Dundee Nights", "Marco's", "Jumpin'Jaks", and add to them whenever necessary.

Glasgow was good fun last night even if I did muck up the demo - moral of the story - never try a mango when there's a microphone involved :sorry .

BlueThreeFour
22nd-January-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
And then there's STIRLING Opening night Wednesday 11th February :wink: :cheers:

Is Stirling going to be on a Wednesday every week?

Franck
22nd-January-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by BlueThreeFour
Is Stirling going to be on a Wednesday every week? Yes B34 :nice: Stirling will be on every Wednesday from the 11th February. see front page of www.cerocscotland.com for address.

stewart38
22nd-January-2004, 04:27 PM

I think it might snow there next week ?:sick:

Dance Demon
22nd-January-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by stewart38
I think it might snow there next week ?:sick:

What.....all over Scotland, or just the North or south or east or west.......:wink:

Jive Brummie
22nd-January-2004, 07:17 PM
What.....all over Scotland, or just the North or south or east or west.......:wink:

I heard this too. We're s'posed to be freezing our nuts off by this time next week as a cold front from canada is coming this way..................

Heather
22nd-January-2004, 07:54 PM
:D DUNDEE that is!!!
It very rarely snows for long here in Dundee, and if it does the snow only lies for a couple of days, then melts quickly.
Remember Hogmany, blowing a blizzard but it had all disappeared by the 2nd. I also think it's just that wee bit warmer here in Dundee compared to Edinburgh where it always seems to me to be freezing and Glasgow where it always seems to be raining!!!

Back on Topic theres lot's happening here apart from the Weather!!!!!:rofl: :rofl: Perth tonight, with the Big Boss (Franck) teaching !! Small but VERY select group of dancers, including Melanie(FC) and her wonderful partner James, John Lusby, so rilliant he can even dance in snorkel and flippers and look great !:rofl: :rofl: Trampy, Sheena and myself to name but a few!!!:wink:

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
X

John S
23rd-January-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Jive Brummie
I'm going to Perth tomorrow, where I expect to see The Tramp, Sheena, Heather, Linda, Franck, John S and other's...hopefully. Are you all going, if not why not, and can I get a dance, like I do every week with you all.

I'm gutted that we didn't dance together last night, JB, I cried all the way home - hope you did too - you brute.:tears: :tears:

Heather
23rd-January-2004, 01:39 PM
:D Had a great time in Perth last night, it's really one of my favourite classes, Franck is always good for a few laughs, although he was feeling under the weather last night!!!
Had a wonderful dance with James last night!!!:wink: He and Melanie are looking FABULOUS together, it will take a fair bit to beat them in Blackpool!!!!!
Funniest moment of the night(apart from Franck's class and Janet skelping Colin!!!!) was Mel, James, Sheena and Trampy dancing like KungFu fighters on the floor - must have been the Chinese New Year!
:hug:
Heather,
X

Dance Demon
23rd-January-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Heather
Funniest moment of the night(apart from Franck's class and Janet skelping Colin!!!!) was Mel, James, Sheena and Trampy dancing like KungFu fighters on the floor - must have been the Chinese New Year!
:hug:
Heather,
X

Kung hei fat choi.........:D

linda
24th-January-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Heather

Please can I be the next Karate Kid with CJ this Thursday???:wink:

Linda
:cheers:

DavidY
25th-January-2004, 01:34 PM
Is there anything happening in Scotland these days..?
Originally posted by TheTramp
I think that we (heh, am I allowed to say 'we' when talking about the Scots?) tend to post about the more special events. There's threads about the Beach Ballroom, Route66, Boogienights, Dunblane type happenings. What we don't tend to do is post about your average week nights. Been thinking about this and I'm in two minds - obviously it's a Scottish Forum and I'm conscious that we southerners are only guests. On the other hand this is IMO a very good forum and I don't know of any similar alternatives in the UK, so where else would we go? :confused: :(
Also as far as I can tell, many of the 'wich' and 'port' events are what The Tramp calls 'more special events' - they're weekends or that month's party mights, not weekly nights. Can't comment about those further South, mind you :wink:

I think there is some merit in reorganising the Social Events in something like the way Stuart M suggests - but to be honest I rarely pay attention to where a thread is - I mostly use the View New Posts button to see all new posts.

PS It was a very good night at port'n'lemon last night...:wink: