PDA

View Full Version : Foot in Mouth

Minnie M
21st-January-2004, 10:02 PM
I have a terrible habit and opening my mouth (or making posts) without thinking :blush: then I feel really awful after :tears:

Am I the only one :confused: :tears:

TheTramp
21st-January-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M
I have a terrible habit and opening my mouth (or making posts) without thinking :blush: then I feel really awful after :tears:

Am I the only one :confused: :tears: Not by a long shot....

I think everyone does from time to time. So don't feel too bad :hug:

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
21st-January-2004, 11:53 PM
I have a terrible habit and opening my mouth (or making posts) without thinking :

me too, but i'm not overly bothered about it afterwards. :) and remember.... that if you inadvertantly insult someone its just one less Christmas card you have to buy :)

TheTramp
21st-January-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
me too, but i'm not overly bothered about it afterwards. :) and remember.... that if you inadvertantly insult someone its just one less Christmas card you have to buy :) Not to mention birthdays and Hannukah! :D

Steve

Andy McGregor
22nd-January-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
and remember.... that if you inadvertently insult someone its just one less Christmas card you have to buy :)

Hey, you should consider yourself lucky if you're only insulted inadvertently:tears:

And we all insult people by mistake sometimes, we regret it for a while - then we forget all about it because someone new comes into our lives that we and insult on purpose:devil:

ChrisA
22nd-January-2004, 12:44 AM
Definitely not !!!

Thank God for the edit button.

Though I wish you got a liiiiiiiittle longer to edit before the "last edited by" message gets appended.

:waycool:

Jon L
22nd-January-2004, 12:52 AM
I think we have all said things from time to time that after reflecting on it we probably thought (I wish I hadn't have posted this!)

So don't feel too hard on yourself.

I have now gone over 300 posts!

Minnie M
22nd-January-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by ChrisA
Though I wish you got a liiiiiiiittle longer to edit before the "last edited by" message gets appended.

:really: How did you know :blush:

I seem to make a habit of it - I suppose Franck will change my title now :wink:

Lounge Lizard
22nd-January-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Jon L
I have now gone over 300 posts! bumpety bumpety bump.....please drive more carefully jon

Jon L
22nd-January-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
bumpety bumpety bump.....please drive more carefully jon

Uggghh :sick: should have seen that one coming - Mr Lizard's sense of humour - not the posts! :grin:

Heather
22nd-January-2004, 01:25 AM
Minnie, I wouldn't worry too much about 'foot in mouth syndrome' most of us suffer from it from time to time.
Besides, it could be much worse, a lot of folks suffer from 'Head up the A**e syndrome'!!!! :wink: I'm sure we all know a few folks who suffer from that malady!!

:hug:
Heather.

Minnie M
22nd-January-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Heather
Minnie, I wouldn't worry too much about 'foot in mouth syndrome' most of us suffer from it from time to time.
Besides, it could be much worse, a lot of folks suffer from 'Head up the A**e syndrome'!!!! :wink: I'm sure we all know a few folks who suffer from that malady!!

:hug:
Heather.

Thanks Heather :hug: you would think at my age I should know better - but I still keep doing it and I feel so bad after :tears: - don't think my head has ever been lower than in shame though :wink:

I do have another problem, my ex-husband used to call me Mrs.Malaprops (using the wrong words etc) - could be a start of another thread:grin:

Lory
22nd-January-2004, 01:53 AM

Nope:sorry :tears: :hug: :hug:

Tazmanian Devil
22nd-January-2004, 02:01 AM

No way I think were all guilty of putting our foot in our mouth sometimes!! :kiss: :hug: