PDA

View Full Version : limp

tricky
21st-January-2004, 02:10 AM
iam a begginer at this style of dance could tell me if you are meant to look like you have a limp or your under pants back to front when you dance

ChrisA
21st-January-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by tricky
iam a begginer at this style of dance could tell me if you are meant to look like you have a limp or your under pants back to front when you dance
In your case, probably yes, so that people can more easily distinguish you from others and thereby avoid you.

At the current rate, I can see an alternative future coming on. It goes like this...

... I indulge in some rather robust personal abuse.
... Franck starts deleting my posts, or moving them outside
... people start confusing me with Mikey.

I think I should have another glass of wine and go to bed instead.

Chris

tricky
21st-January-2004, 02:34 AM
thanks love that must mean no under pants no limp my first real bit of advice how to dance this style .

Lounge Lizard
21st-January-2004, 11:56 AM
iam a begginer at this style of dance could tell me if you are meant to look like you have a limp or your under pants back to front when you dance no you are thinking of Lindy hop especially to the 1930's scratchy music

John S
21st-January-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
Er, great idea, but what does "finish early" mean??? :confused: :confused:
Limp?

tricky
22nd-January-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
no you are thinking of Lindy hop especially to the 1930's scratchy music

i cant stsnd 30 music ,,,,and the people that do lindy have a proplem with there rear end sticking out....try again:rofl:

Andy McGregor
22nd-January-2004, 04:36 AM

i cant stsnd 30 music ,,,,and the people that do lindy have a proplem with there rear end sticking out....try again:rofl:

O.K. here goes. Some people dance Modern Jive badly. And some of those who dance it badly look like their limping. Some of them look like they're chewing a toffee between their buttocks. Those are the bad dancers. If you really want to learn Modern Jive you'd do better swallowing your pride and doing some workshops with the likes of Amir, Viktor or Nigel and Nina.

If I've guessed rightly, you are a 'proper' dancer. And I if I'm right you've taught many types of dance including Jitterbug and a stroll at the 2002 Rebel Yell and East Coast Swing at Stompin' 2003 plus running Jive Connection (ChrisA, these are clues:innocent: ). (Of course I could be wrong) We enjoy modern jive and you can do it and have fun no matter how bad you are at it. What we don't need is someone making fun of our friends because they look like they're limping or have got their underwear on back-to-front - we can to that ourselves, but we can do it nicely:wink:

Lounge Lizard
22nd-January-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
O.K. here goes. Some people dance Modern Jive badly. And some of those who dance it badly look like their limping. Some of them look like they're chewing a toffee between their buttocks. Those are the bad dancers. If you really want to learn Modern Jive you'd do better swallowing your pride and doing some workshops with the likes of Amir, Viktor or Nigel and Nina.

If I've guessed rightly, you are a 'proper' dancer. And I if I'm right you've taught many types of dance including Jitterbug and a stroll at the 2002 Rebel Yell and East Coast Swing at Stompin' 2003 plus running Jive Connection (ChrisA, these are clues:innocent: ). (Of course I could be wrong) We enjoy modern jive and you can do it and have fun no matter how bad you are at it. What we don't need is someone making fun of our friends because they look like they're limping or have got their underwear on back-to-front - we can to that ourselves, but we can do it nicely:wink:
Well done Andy - you missed out the dj bit
great strategy tricky, come onto a MJ/Ceroc forum with a broken heart, get our sympathy then take a pop at our dance style.
Time to post the photo join in the fun and take an 'alternative stance' on the dance style debate

And yes I know what music you play but did not want to give to much away.

Andy McGregor
22nd-January-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
Well done Andy - you missed out the dj bit

I had noticed he was a DJ at the next Stompin' but I thought I'd leave at least one thing for you to say as I suspected from your posting that you'd guessed who it was.

It wasn't too hard for me to guess his identity, I met him at Hipsters recently and he was a bit down because he's recently split up with his girlfriend. That and the fact he's from East Grinstead and has appeared in a few places recently gave me all the clues I needed.

What we need to do now is get him to 'out' himself with a photo, join in the fun properly and fully embrace our nice, simple, and hugely more popular, dance style:waycool: