PDA

View Full Version : Habits, Rituals and Eccentricities

Lory
20th-January-2004, 01:26 PM
Come on, tell all, what's all your Dance related habits, rituals and eccentricities?:D

Do you have to do any particular things in an evening, to make it feel complete?

Do u wear a certain item of clothing?

Sand your shoes? keep changing your shoes?

I know someone who has a special drink made with a red sypup in it, not for the flavour, just so he knows its his! :eek:

I have an end of night ritual, when I savour the moment I change into my COLD SHOES! ooooh the thrill never ceases! :drool:

Aleks
20th-January-2004, 02:25 PM
Wash feet in cold/cool water - bliss!! - before putting on DRY shoes.

Chris
21st-January-2004, 12:53 AM
One thing I notice I do do is put some loud(ish) music on that I really like - gets me in the mood and I try to hold on to that in case I don't like any of the other music I hear that night :devil: :wink:

I've probably got much weirder habits that those who know me and know how much I faff about before going anywhere could tell, but the music is one I can share haha!

Will
21st-January-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Chris
Not wanting to put anyone off dancing with me, (and call me supersticious if you like), but I find I dance worse if I change my underpants on any day other than the 2nd Sunday of each the month. This may sound gross, but its amazing how just turning them inside out every couple of days covers a multitude of sins!

Since I've stuck to this underwear rota, I really have found I've been able to pull off bigger moves. Bizzare !?
Is that because you now have more room to dance in? :sick:

bobgadjet
21st-January-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Lory

I have an end of night ritual, when I savour the moment I change into my COLD SHOES! ooooh the thrill never ceases! :drool:

I had a lady used to come to my classes with two sets of boots. It was wonderful watching her midway thru an evening of HOT dancing when she took her second pair out, took out the ice blocks, and sunk her hot feet into the cold boots.
The ice blocks then went into the hot boots for the next change.
The look of extacy on her face was a joy to behold. :D

Bill
22nd-January-2004, 06:01 PM
Come on, tell all, what's all your Dance related habits, rituals and eccentricities?:D

Do you have to do any particular things in an evening, to make it feel complete?

Shouldn't this be upstairs :D :rolleyes:

No preparations but at party night do like to relax afterwards with a nice glass of wine :cheers:

Lory
22nd-January-2004, 07:31 PM
Anyone sing while their dancing with a partner?

Chris
23rd-January-2004, 12:14 AM

Sometimes I sing a few phrases to my partner to suggest or emphasise mood (please don't let this put anyone off!!)

e.g. 'Come Fly With Me' has great ideas for interpretation - if you can get on a 'let's fly together' wavelength you might both feel like interpreting the dance in a very 'light' manner rather than robustly dancing with no reference to the lyrics. Often little more than a moodful "doo-be-doo-doo" than lots of words. Sometimes works . . . (Fred Astaire seems great at it, but I'm sure there's a lot more to it than the simple stuff I manage. Have also seen Nigel Anderson 'sing' to his partner in this way and I like studying his interpretative techniques.)

bobgadjet
23rd-January-2004, 02:29 AM

:rofl: If I did that I'd probably loose my partner ! ! :rofl:

Lory
23rd-January-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Chris
Have also seen Nigel Anderson 'sing' to his partner in this way and I like studying his interpretative techniques.)

Yep, Nigel and I have sung to eachother on many an occasion!:nice:

Pammy
23rd-January-2004, 10:39 AM

I try my best, but can't compete with Will; that boy knows the words to every song - or so it would seem. :grin:

Bill
24th-January-2004, 01:06 AM
Yep, Nigel and I have sung to eachother on many an occasion!:nice:

Desperately want to say somehting....so tempting but I'll refrain :rolleyes: :D :na:

DavidY
24th-January-2004, 02:26 AM
Anyone sing while their dancing with a partner? I'm afraid so.:sorry :tears:
Not very well though - I just get carried away sometimes.