PDA

View Full Version : 'B' and 'C' List Workshop Instructors

Gus
22nd-August-2002, 12:36 PM
Guys,

after some help.

I've been running independant workshops for a fair while now and, like most people, have had some successes and some not quite so good.

When selecting A list instructors .. it pretty clear who to invite. I've run workshops with Viktor & Lydia (and got them booked again for May next year), Nigel & Nina, James & Bridgit and Roger & Ann. The only A list couple I've not had are Andy & Rena ... and thats cause its hard to make airstep workshops financially viable.

I was now thinking about running workshops using the next 'level down'. I class B list as great instructors who have yet to really make their mark and C list as instructors one level up form club level who are good but maybe not destined to make it to the top. I'll make no comment about the Z list instructors who should never be let out to meet the common populance!

The 'best of the rest' that I know so far is Amir of Dance Fusion and Simon & Marialne of Jive Bug. Outside that I havn't really seem many good teaching couples that can teach something new ( I know, there are alwys 100's of instructirs teaching drops/seducers). I know Jo Sewell has got a good rep but am yet to see him. Also heard that Steve Lampert has developed into a competent teacher but again havn't seen him teach (know him pretty well as a dancer).

Is there anyone you have seen that has impressed you an taught something you would like to see. I'm afraid, that due to rules and regs and I'm an independant, its very hard to use Ceroc teachers ... which is a reall pity cause there is obviously a lot of talent there.

Of course ... if there are also some instructors who you would like to warn the rest of the popultion about please feel free ... but PLEASE bear in mind the feelings of those concerned, the laws of libel and the fact that Franck has to moderate this forum .... keep it nice?:nice:

LilyB
22nd-August-2002, 11:49 PM
May I suggest Clayton Tubbs and Janine Myers? I believe they do not teach regularly but they may be persuaded to hold the occasional workshop. They are superb dancers and I'm sure there is much others can learn from them.

LilyB

Rachel
23rd-August-2002, 09:52 AM
Just a thought - have you considered James Greary and Hayley Mowday who came second in the advanced section at the Hammersmith Championships this year?

I don't know if they usually teach, but they reportedly ran a style workshop for Ashton's early in July. Fantastic dancers, though I've personally never seen them teach - perhaps someone else might know what they're like as instructors?

Lou
23rd-August-2002, 11:02 AM
Several years ago I went to a workshop taught by a chap called, I think, James Hamilton? He was very good.

Ermmmm... ignore me - just discovered that he's the James out of "James & Bridget"! :wink: I tried to delete the post, but it'll only let me edit! :grin: