PDA

View Full Version : What's on tonight - London/midlands?

Rachel
16th-January-2004, 05:13 PM
Quick - before I have to leave work ... If there are any southeners on here - where's the best place to go dancing tonight (North London/midlands area)?
Rachel

Neil
16th-January-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Quick - before I have to leave work ... If there are any southeners on here - where's the best place to go dancing tonight (North London/midlands area)? I was at West Bridgford last night, and there was some good-looking bloke on stage going on about a freestyle in Daventry tonight and how we should all go to it. Not sure if it's necessarily the best place though.

Neil

Rachel
16th-January-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Neil
I was at West Bridgford last night, and there was some good-looking bloke on stage going on about a freestyle in Daventry tonight and how we should all go to it. Not sure if it's necessarily the best place though.

Neil Oh, really??? Do you reckon we should do what that guy recommends, then?

Pammy
16th-January-2004, 05:34 PM
Twyfords normally on on a Friday & Chesham. I think it's the Amersham freestyle tomorrow night too.

Pamster

JamesGeary
16th-January-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm going to Casbah tonight. Its probably a bit far for you. Good if you come though.

LilyB
16th-January-2004, 05:40 PM
There's Twyford Ceroc (just before Reading), run by the delectable Bill Cooper & his lovely wife Bex, and there's Casbah in South Ken if you don't mind coming into Central London. Both freestyles run from 9:15 till 11pm, so you're not too late.

There's also Ceroc Metro's Cheshunt Friday night freestyle in the superb Wolsey Hall, which I believe Marc knows quite well. (Dancing till midnight, I believe)

If you don't mind travelling further, there's Bisley (JiveBug) for West Coast Swing & Bluesy-type music.

Have fun!

LilyB

Neil
16th-January-2004, 05:44 PM
Do you reckon we should do what that guy recommends, then? Well, you should - at all times and without question :)

Rachel
16th-January-2004, 05:44 PM
Thanks everyone for such quick replies. I feel spoilt for choice now!
Rachel

Rachel
16th-January-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Well, you should - at all times and without question :) Oh, but no thanks for that reply! (But I still like you really, Neil!)

Neil
16th-January-2004, 05:52 PM
But I still like you really, Neil! Phew!!! :waycool:

Divissima
16th-January-2004, 06:31 PM
Hope I'm not too late with this news... but Twyford isn't on tonight (unfortunately the hall was booked for another event this week). Back next week as usual and from then on....

RobC
17th-January-2004, 01:57 PM
If you are looking for something to do tonight, Fleet has got it's monthly saturday freestyle on. Doors open 8.15pm with a 'fun' class from 8.30 - 9.00pm.

This month, we are having a reverse-roles fun-class, so all you guys who want to dance the ladies steps, or ladies who want to know what this leading malachy is about, get yourself down to fleet tonight.

£8 for Freestyle until midnight, Peter Phillips DJing and free tea/coffee/biscuits at the end of the evening.

Rob