PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Tea Dance

Divissima
16th-January-2004, 01:09 PM
Anyone else going to Amir's tea dance this Sunday??

foxylady
16th-January-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
Anyone else going to Amir's tea dance this Sunday??

Whats the form at the tea dance ? Is there a class ?? HOw long is the freestyle ? How many people go, and is it friendly or cliquey ?? :nice:

JamesGeary
16th-January-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by foxylady
is it friendly or cliquey ??

Both. A fairly regular group of about 20-30 people usually go.

Divissima
16th-January-2004, 03:20 PM
Hi Tessa! Amir's email says:

The definitive afternoon for the modern jive connoisseur: Funky laid back tunes, cookies and tea, the infamous freestyle challenge, lounge sofas, great company, and over two hours dancing!

2pm Tango-Jive Class with Amir and Kate

3pm Over two hours of DJ Kenobes Kent Klub Cocktail, featuring Lounge Swing, Latin Funk and Smooth Laid Back Blues.So there's a class with 2 hours of freestyle afterwards. Some people come just for freestyle. As James says, there are usually 20 - 30 people there and it's usually quite laid-back and friendly.

Would be lovely to see you there :waycool:

Jayne
16th-January-2004, 06:16 PM
I'M GOING!!!

Amir's already pencilled me in for a dance so I'm dead excited!

See you there!

J :grin:

Starlight Dancer
17th-January-2004, 08:43 PM
I will try and be there. Will be my first time with the legendary Amir.

Divissima
19th-January-2004, 10:40 AM
Starlightdancer - were you there? Didn't manage to track you down :sorry

JamesGeary
19th-January-2004, 11:46 AM
Great Music. Thanks to Toby!

A fabulous afternoon. 3 Hours of dancing, and a lesson, and food and drink, all for 7 pounds.

Jayne
19th-January-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by JamesGeary
Great Music. Thanks to Toby!

A fabulous afternoon. 3 Hours of dancing, and a lesson, and food and drink, all for 7 pounds.

sssh! don't tell everyone - they'll all want to come!

J :wink:

Debster
19th-January-2004, 12:59 PM
egad - you know you are in love when you FORGET to go dancing!

Sad I missed out - look forward to dancing with you all again soon!

Amir
19th-January-2004, 07:47 PM
Hi! - its actually 6 pounds or 5 after the class.

We charge James extra because he eats so much cake.

Thanks go to Dawn who provided the home-made crunchy thingys and the choco log, and to Claire for tracking down the other buscuity thingys

Everyone is welcome to bring any other food that you want to share, and byo drinks.

and thanks to everyone ese who came and created the fantastic atmosphere

by the way, these are no longer on the last sunday of each month, but on varying dates: 29th Feb, 21st March, 18th April (etc on www.fusiondance.co.uk)

Starlight Dancer
19th-January-2004, 08:26 PM
Starlightdancer - were you there? Didn't manage to track you down :sorry
Yes I was there, sorry for missing you, I didn't know which one was you either. I think Franck should make us some Forum T-shirts to wear!

I was in the dark green shirt but I didn't dance much as I had twisted my ankle. But there was some great dancing, was worth the journey, and great to watch.

Hope to catch you next time I'm in town and we'll have to make sure we have a dance or two. :nice:

Simon r
20th-January-2004, 06:47 PM
Starlight dancer i was there too i did not see you, and in green shirt does not ring any memories.:confused:
Must be said great set by Toby best music so far this year...:waycool:

Starlight Dancer
20th-January-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Simon r
Starlight dancer i was there too i did not see you, and in green shirt does not ring any memories.:confused:
Must be said great set by Toby best music so far this year...:waycool:

Yes, music was spot on.

Sorry I missed you too. I'm sure I'll be down again some time and will get the chance to meet you.

Divissima
25th-February-2004, 04:00 PM
Tea dance this Sunday - :clap: :clap:

Here's the lowdown...

Master Class 2-3pm - Amir and tango-jive fusion

Incorporate sensual glides and fancy footwork into your modern jive and really stand out on the dance floor!

Kenobe @ The Kent Klub 3-5pm
Resident DJ Kenobe will present The Kent Klub Cocktail: Lounge Swing, Latin Funk and Laid Back Blues. Do not miss it!

6 pounds or 5 pounds after 3pm. Free parking, great atmosphere and wonderful company! No need to book, simply
turn up and enjoy!

Jayne
25th-February-2004, 04:42 PM
Tea dance this Sunday - :clap: :clap:
:yeah: :clap: :clap:

See you there!

Minnie M
26th-February-2004, 01:36 AM
Did anyone go to the Ceroc Tea Dance on the HMS President last Sunday ?

Divissima
27th-February-2004, 12:00 AM
I'm really looking forward to the tea dance on Sunday. TwK is putting his set together as I type...

A good opportunity for some practise for Blackpool in a small and intimate setting :waycool:

Jayne
27th-February-2004, 10:43 AM
A good opportunity for some practise for Blackpool in a small and intimate setting :waycool:
shhh! we don't want to fill the place!

I think it'll be a poor afternoon, if you ask me... :wink:

PS Toby :hug:

ChrisA
27th-February-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Jayne
I think it'll be a poor afternoon, if you ask me... :wink:

Indeed. Dreadful teaching, awful music, no good dancers at all. Why I go back month after month in the hope of something better is beyond me..... :devil:

Sheepman
27th-February-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
Why I go back month after month in the hope of something better is beyond me OK Chris, you stay away, and I'll dance with Jayne instead :drool:

Greg

ChrisA
27th-February-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
OK Chris, you stay away, and I'll dance with Jayne instead :drool:

I don't think so, Greg... us intermediates need all the practice we can get...

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

:whistle: :whistle:

:wink: :wink:

Andy McGregor
28th-February-2004, 02:26 AM
I don't think so, Greg... us intermediates need all the practice we can get...

Yes we do:innocent:

Divissima
1st-March-2004, 12:01 AM
Great tea dance this afternoon - Kent House was brimming with great dancing, and tea!!

ChrisA
1st-March-2004, 10:40 AM
Great tea dance this afternoon - Kent House was brimming with great dancing, and tea!!
Absolutely...

... and good to discover who Dee and Missy D are, too :wink:

Chris

Mary
1st-March-2004, 12:17 PM

I always love these T-dances (never get to drink any tea tho'). I was led through the most delightful dance by Roger Chin to Handel!! :cheers:

M

Divissima
1st-March-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Mary:
I always love these T-dances (never get to drink any tea tho'). Well, it was nearly a disaster on the tea front yesterday - forgot the cups and had to dash out to Hammersmith to find some. Must say a huge 'thank you' to the bringer/s of the cakes whoever you are :yum: They just appear as if from nowhere and everyone gets stuck in! It is greatly appreciated :grin:

Sheepman
1st-March-2004, 01:39 PM
a huge 'thank you' to the bringer/s of the cakes whoever you are :yum: :really: didn't realise that, thank you whoever you are, it was :drool: (I DID only take 1 piece!).
During the class Dee was looking into my eyes and salivating! - I think she could see a slice of cake in each eye!!

Greg

Debster
1st-March-2004, 01:46 PM
Must say a huge 'thank you' to the bringer/s of the cakes whoever you are :yum: They just appear as if from nowhere and everyone gets stuck in! It is greatly appreciated :grin:
I spotted a couple of the cake delivering angels ;)

You make a fab orange and carrot cake Missy D :wink: and the chopped up melon was great too!! :kiss:

Big thanks to all who brought something.
:hug:

Missy D
7th-March-2004, 05:23 PM
Thanks Debs - We await the recipe for your moist banana cake and maybe sample it at the next tea dance.:)

dee
7th-March-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Debster
I spotted a couple of the cake delivering angels ;)

You make a fab orange and carrot cake Missy D :wink: and the chopped up melon was great too!! :kiss:

Big thanks to all who brought something.
:hug:

Oh and dont forget the angel that made the lovely chocolate log

:drool:

Debster
10th-March-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Missy D
Thanks Debs - We await the recipe for your moist banana cake and maybe sample it at the next tea dance.:)
Just make sure you remind me when the next tea dance is, and I'll do my best! Made one last Sunday.... the ole' recipe still works a treat... will be happy to share it. ;) May need to give you print copies at the tea dance...

dee
11th-March-2004, 02:13 PM
Just make sure you remind me when the next tea dance is, and I'll do my best! Made one last Sunday.... the ole' recipe still works a treat... will be happy to share it. ;) May need to give you print copies at the tea dance...

I do believe the next one is on the 21st of march, cant wait to see missy D with flour in her bowl :rofl:

Missy D
11th-March-2004, 06:47 PM
Oh yeah like i am gonna cook it there eh.. Well at least my bowl wont have cat fur in it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Missy D
11th-March-2004, 06:50 PM
Sorry Dee didnt mean to sound nasty:flower: Bout time the men got their little aprons on a showed some culinary skills :)

dee
11th-March-2004, 06:54 PM
Oh yeah like i am gonna cook it there eh.. Well at least my bowl wont have cat fur in it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Did i say cook it there? dont forget the cat s??t :mad:

dee
11th-March-2004, 06:58 PM
Sorry Dee didnt mean to sound nasty:flower: Bout time the men got their little aprons on a showed some culinary skills :)

YER!!! so come on you men, (I do like a man in a pinney) :rofl:

then again, it may put people off going if the food is not up to much

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sheepman
11th-March-2004, 06:59 PM
Well at least my bowl wont have cat fur in it suddenly I'm not so upset that there was no carrot cake left when I looked. :sick:

I can't make the next one, and maybe not the 2 after that too, so you'll have a long wait to test my culinary skills. :sad:

Greg

dee
11th-March-2004, 07:05 PM
Look forward to that one then Greg :yum: :drool:

Missy D
11th-March-2004, 07:19 PM
Did you tell everyone Dee what was really in your log cake (mmm wonder why you named it that).. Amy said maybe some plastic pizza next time yab :grin::drool:

dee
11th-March-2004, 07:22 PM
As you can see young lady Greg was only comenting on your cake :rofl:

Missy D
11th-March-2004, 07:34 PM
Were you not the Angel that brought along the "LOG" cake young lady.. enough of this i am getting my Bero book out right now to practice making something nice. You can be my first tester on Saturday (thats if you are going to Hammersmith). Bucket provided incase you dont like it, but you can buy the immodium ya just might need it.:yum:

dee
11th-March-2004, 07:47 PM
Of course im going to Hammersmith, absess or no absess

We are letting down our reputation now :sick:

Missy D
11th-March-2004, 10:39 PM
Yes better change the subject eh Dee dont want people to think we are not classy log or no log:)

Sheepman
12th-March-2004, 12:45 PM
dont want people to think we are not classy :what:

Divissima
16th-March-2004, 02:46 PM
Tea dance reminder!! This Sunday at Kent House - usual time.

Hope to see lots of folks there - I am on tea duty again and hope to deliver on time this month :really:

Bex
17th-March-2004, 11:12 AM
Well Billco and I are certainly going to make all efforts to attend this one and are looking forward to it!!! Should be a good day as always, looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Bex :D

Jayne
17th-March-2004, 01:10 PM
Tea dance reminder!! This Sunday at Kent House - usual time.

Hope to see lots of folks there - I am on tea duty again and hope to deliver on time this month :really:
:tears: I'm going home to visit my Mum for Mother's day so I won't make it....

J :tears:

dee
17th-March-2004, 02:16 PM
:tears: I'm going home to visit my Mum for Mother's day so I won't make it....

J :tears:

My sister and i will be going, and looking forward to it !!.

Have a nice day with your mum, this year will be the first without ours :tears: :tears:

Missy D
17th-March-2004, 07:34 PM
No Tea:sad: oh well will just have to bring some wine instead:cheers:

Divissima
18th-March-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Jayne:
I'm going home to visit my Mum for Mother's day so I won't make it.... :tears: Oh no!

There will be tea though, Missy D. I am Tea Lady again this month and will be stocking up on supplies early!

Debster
18th-March-2004, 08:12 PM
T-dance this weekend??

Gee I bought some bananas today but am not sure if they will be ripe enough for a cake yet... we'll have to see.

Hmmm... in fact thinking more carefully, not even sure I'll be in town :what:

Dang!
I promise - you'll see me at a tea dance and I will provide banana cake before I leave for the land of the long white cloud!

dee
19th-March-2004, 10:30 AM
If you dont make it this time Debs, i will look forward to the banana cake next:drool:

Missy D
19th-March-2004, 09:40 PM
Maybe we might get some at the farewell party Dee:drool: If not we'll stop her leaving the country.:wink:

Divissima
22nd-March-2004, 08:03 AM
Another lovely tea dance at Kent House yesterday - great cake :yum: fab music from the resident DJ :wink: and wonderful relaxed dancing :waycool:

Missy D
22nd-March-2004, 10:18 AM
Did anyone else survive after eating Dees cake? Feel a slight hair ball in the back of my throat from the cat fur ha ha :rofl: Not heard from Chris hope he is not sick Dee! Great afternoon! when is the next one?

ChrisA
22nd-March-2004, 10:29 AM
Not heard from Chris hope he is not sick Dee! Great afternoon!
No, I'm fine... no ill effects at all :D How many pieces did I have? Three?

I couldn't have survived the afternoon without it, in fact... I'd had nothing but breakfast beforehand... thanks for the other one too, Dawn - and the melon is a lovely touch :drool:

Thanks you guys :hug:

I had a great afternoon... great to see all the usual suspects.

Chris

Pammy
22nd-March-2004, 12:01 PM
No, I'm fine... no ill effects at all :D How many pieces did I have? Three?

You should've had four - one for each wife :wink:

dee
22nd-March-2004, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Missy D
[B]Did anyone else survive after eating Dees cake?

Right thats it Dawn, at least i have'nt got a whole fish tank for one small snail ha ha. Thanks for the comment chris at least someone liked my cake :flower: Think the next tea dance is 18th of April shame you cant make it Dawn :na:

Dutchginger
22nd-March-2004, 01:04 PM
That was my first tea dance and it was FAB! Excellent "music with a difference", great dancers and fantastic cakes (thanks Dee & Dawn :flower: )

I'll be back! (and will try and catch Amir for a dance as I didn't manage to do so yesterday!)

What a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon....

Mary
23rd-March-2004, 06:39 PM
PLEASE, somebody give me the recipe for that banana cake - I didn't try it until the end - Kate & I (not Miles, the other Kate) were fighting over the last bit.:cheers:

I love these T-dances - so civilised!!

M

Missy D
23rd-March-2004, 11:09 PM
The small cake was carrot and orange and the large one was another carrot cake made by my sister Dee. Glad you enjoyed the cakes even though no banana was included in the recipe might have been the odd cat hair:rofl: Sure Dee will give you the recipe :flower:

Mary
24th-March-2004, 10:39 AM
The small cake was carrot and orange and the large one was another carrot cake made by my sister Dee. Glad you enjoyed the cakes even though no banana was included in the recipe might have been the odd cat hair:rofl: Sure Dee will give you the recipe :flower:

Ooops. Never did have a palate. Unless the cat ate bananas.:confused: Must pm Dee for the recipe.

M

Pammy
24th-March-2004, 10:44 AM

If I'd known there was cat hair in it, I'd have made the trip. All of my meals have at least one mandatory cat hair in the recipe :wink:

ChrisA
24th-March-2004, 10:52 AM
another carrot cake made by my sister Dee.
In fact I've never enjoyed carrot cake so much.

On account of it not being too carroty. I mean, what is it with putting vegetables in cakes?????

Something a bit wrong with the concept, I reckon...

:confused:

Does Dee do chocolate cakes??? :devil: :drool:

dee
24th-March-2004, 11:35 AM
Thanks for all the compliments for my carrot cake :flower: Will try and make a chocolate cake for next time chris. As for the cat fur Dawn, leave my Tay out of it!. Sisters, sure she loves me really:cheers:

ChrisA
24th-March-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by dee
Will try and make a chocolate cake for next time chris.:worthy: :drool:

:flower: :flower: :flower:

Divissima
14th-April-2004, 07:08 AM
Sunday 18th April sees the next Kent Club tea jive.

Master Class with Amir and Kate: TangoJive Fusion 2-3pm

Incorporate sensual glides and fancy footwork into your modern jive and really stand out on the dance floor!

Kenobe @ The Kent Klub 3-5pm
Resident DJ Kenobe will present The Kent Klub Cocktail: Lounge Swing, Latin Funk and Laid Back Blues. Do not miss it!

6 pounds or 5 pounds after 3pm. Free parking, great atmosphere and wonderful company! No need to book, simply
turn up and enjoy!

Kent House, Rutland Grove, Hammersmith.

There will be tea and cake!

Sheepman
14th-April-2004, 09:21 AM
We'll be there, after we've sent the Kiwi's back home.

Can't do the one after though (9th May), when Dee has promised an extra special cake for me. :tears:

Greg

dee
14th-April-2004, 09:45 AM

Can't do the one after though (9th May), when Dee has promised an extra special cake for me. :tears:

Greg

Oh no Greg, and i had a special one in mind to, what a woman would do to see a vibrating sheep :rofl: I cant make this month due to my sis visiting lions and tigers in Africa, i dont know my way around London and would fear getting to lost :yeah:

Bex
14th-April-2004, 10:09 AM

Billco and I are hoping to be there - really looking forward to it!!!

Bex
:kiss:

Jayne
14th-April-2004, 10:33 AM
Sent the Kiwi's what back home? Sorry, reading "Eats, shoots & leaves" at the moment...

I'll be there on Sunday - can't wait!

J :nice:

Sheepman
14th-April-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by dee
what a woman would do :really:
Suppose I'll just have to wait till the one after then (23rd May), hopefully patience will be rewarded :wink:

Greg

Sheepman
14th-April-2004, 12:46 PM
Sent the Kiwi's what back home? :blush: :blush: :blush: Oops, how did I do that, it must be contagious! :blush:

Greg

Debster
14th-April-2004, 03:14 PM

Darn it! I'm going to miss this one too... The banana cake will have to wait for May 9 (but there'll be quite a few special goodies that day! :wink: )

ChrisA
14th-April-2004, 03:16 PM
Darn it! I'm going to miss this one too...
The world is shortly ending, and you have to rub it in???

:tears:

Divissima
14th-April-2004, 04:03 PM
TwK and I will miss the next one (9th May). We'll be away :tears:

ChrisA
14th-April-2004, 04:08 PM
TwK and I will miss the next one (9th May). We'll be away :tears:
But at least you're coming back...

Divissima
14th-April-2004, 04:11 PM
Well. Maybe....

ChrisA
14th-April-2004, 04:17 PM
Well. Maybe....
I suppose there's that guy that bet his life savings on red the other day, isn't there...

... are you planning something similar??

:D

Sheepman
14th-April-2004, 04:18 PM
TwK and I will miss the next one (9th May). I suppose it's too early to ask who's DJing that day? (No, I'm not volunteering, as I'm also away for that one.)

By my reckoning, that means I have a maximum 3 more chances to dance with the one and only Debster :tears: (Until we emigrate down under that is :wink: )

Greg

Divissima
14th-April-2004, 04:22 PM
I suppose there's that guy that bet his life savings on red the other day, isn't there...

... are you planning something similar??

:D Actually, I had thought about becoming a showgirl, but winning a fortune would also be OK, :wink:

dee
14th-April-2004, 04:54 PM
Darn it! I'm going to miss this one too... The banana cake will have to wait for May 9 (but there'll be quite a few special goodies that day! :wink: )

Looking forward to tasting this banana cake :flower:

Divissima
15th-April-2004, 01:50 PM
TwK's set should be a stormer :waycool:

I'm feeling the urge to bake - haven't made a cake in a while now. No promises but will see what I can do...

Jayne
15th-April-2004, 01:55 PM
I'm feeling the urge to bake - haven't made a cake in a while now.
I can't bake but I can do fab wee things with chocolate and breakfast cereal....

Any takers?

J :innocent:

TheTramp
15th-April-2004, 01:57 PM
I can't bake but I can do fab wee things with chocolate and breakfast cereal....

Any takers?

J :innocent: Do we have to have the breakfast cereal, or can we just opt for you doing fantastic things with chocolate??? :blush:

Trampy

Jayne
15th-April-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Do we have to have the breakfast cereal, or can we just opt for you doing fantastic things with chocolate??? :blush:
You need the cereal to build up energy to cope with me doing fantastic things with chocolate!!! :blush: :whistle:

Anyway...

Sheepman
15th-April-2004, 02:31 PM
Any takers? :yum:
Greg

dee
15th-April-2004, 02:39 PM
Do we have to have the breakfast cereal, or can we just opt for you doing fantastic things with chocolate??? :blush:

Trampy

YOUNG MAN !!! :clap:

TheTramp
15th-April-2004, 02:45 PM
You need the cereal to build up energy to cope with me doing fantastic things with chocolate!!! :blush: :whistle:

Anyway...
J :nice: Can I have it separately then? Else I imagine that it could be quite a lot like sand....

Trampy

ChrisA
15th-April-2004, 03:00 PM
Can I have it separately then?Stop right there, Trampy, I suggest...

Jayne said:

The bottom line is, you might be fab, but you're simply not a fab wee thing.

:devil:

Jayne
15th-April-2004, 03:07 PM
BOYS!!!

Remain focussed on the thread topic - tea dance on sunday...

TheTramp
15th-April-2004, 03:20 PM
Remain focussed on the thread topic - tea dance on sunday...
I don't know. I'd prefer to remain focussed on the possibility of you doing fab wee things with chocolate :D :blush:

Trampy

ElaineB
18th-April-2004, 08:09 PM
Just returned to Bristol from the Kent Club 'Tea' dance. What can I say, but awesome!! The lesson, the dancers, the tea......

A wonderful afternoon!!

Elaine :D

TheTramp
18th-April-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by ElaineB
Just returned to Bristol from the Kent Club 'Tea' dance. What can I say, but awesome!! The lesson, the dancers, the tea......And Jayne's exhibition with chocolate?!?

Trampy

ElaineB
18th-April-2004, 08:17 PM
And Jayne's exhibition with chocolate?!?

Trampy

Well that was the best bit, but we have all been sworn to secrecy, so if we told you, you would have to killed - 'death by chocolate' of course! ;)

Elaine

Now, where did I put that flake............

TheTramp
18th-April-2004, 08:20 PM
Now, where did I put that flake............ I really, really think that this thread should stop right here....

Trampy

ElaineB
18th-April-2004, 08:28 PM
Apologies to anyone who has taken offence at my post! I obviously misunderstood the sense of humour here.

Elaine :flower:

TheTramp
18th-April-2004, 09:51 PM
Apologies to anyone who has taken offence at my post! I obviously misunderstood the sense of humour here. Ummm.

Sorry. I hope you didn't think that I'd taken offence. I was just playing along :rolleyes:

Trampy

Divissima
19th-April-2004, 12:55 PM
Alas, there was a shortage of baked goods at the tea dance, but there was plenty of tea and a stack of biscuits. Just as well really, the rain seemed to drive a large number of people indoors and to Kent House. The place was pretty busy - but the numbers seemed to work about half of us sat chatting while the other half danced, then after a few tracks it seemed to swap around of its own accord :waycool:

I should mention that the DJ was the unsung hero of the afternoon - poor Toby had to operate all his electrical equipment while rainwater dripped through the roof and onto the stage all around him and was rather afraid the electrics could blow at any time. My hero :flower:

It was a great turnout. So annoyed we will miss the next one on 9th May....

Sheepman
19th-April-2004, 01:15 PM
I obviously misunderstood the sense of humour here. :rofl:
Well I have to admit, you do seem to have raised the standard somewhat!

Greg

Bex
19th-April-2004, 01:33 PM

I should mention that the DJ was the unsung hero of the afternoon - poor Toby had to operate all his electrical equipment while rainwater dripped through the roof and onto the stage all around him and was rather afraid the electrics could blow at any time. My hero :flower:

It was a great turnout. So annoyed we will miss the next one on 9th May....

What a fantastic day as always at Kent House, wish they were every week!!!

Yes, Toby is the unsung hero, but even the rain couldn't dampen his spirits or his choice of super cool music.......FAB :worthy:

Roll on 9th May!!

Bex :D

dee
19th-April-2004, 05:12 PM
Alas, there was a shortage of baked goods

Not to worry, sister and i will be there next time with plenty of cakes and melon

:drool: :flower:

Divissima
19th-April-2004, 05:50 PM
Dee, you are a star (and your sis too)!!

I'm afraid, despite my reckless offer to bake, I ran out of time on Saturday so did not manage cakes.

Shame I will miss the return of cake next time.... :tears:

Debster
20th-April-2004, 06:10 PM
By my reckoning, that means I have a maximum 3 more chances to dance with the one and only Debster :tears: (Until we emigrate down under that is :wink: )

Only 3?!:what: Well then you had better not be shy - please don't let the opportunity pass us by! ;)

Sheepman
21st-April-2004, 01:24 PM
Only 3?! Looks like it is down to just 1 now :tears: :tears: :tears:
Thanks for the fab dances last night, I shall be waiting in line next week!

Greg

Debster
21st-April-2004, 04:43 PM
Looks like it is down to just 1 now :tears: :tears: :tears:
Thanks for the fab dances last night, I shall be waiting in line next week!

Greg

Thanks Sheepy :flower: Those dances were good fun, weren't they! Catch me when you can! Don't be shy.

Shame you can't make the 9th. Can't believe it will be my last!:tears:

Peter
8th-May-2004, 06:17 PM
Anyone know who is DJing tomorrow at Kent House?

Minnie M
8th-May-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Peter
Anyone know who is DJing tomorrow at Kent House?

from email received today :-

Sunday afternoon tea dance at Hammersmith this Sunday
Debs Last T-Jive SUNDAY May 9th in Hammersmith!

Kent House, Rutland Grove, Hammersmith, London

Deb is leaving us all for NZ two days after this Sunday, which will be our last chance to see her off into her happy ever after. Debs has been very involved in the modern jive scene here, winning advanced Ceroc this year and last, demonstrating at Hipsters, putting together team cabarets and generally proving an inspiration to many around the country. So if you've met Deb, come say goodbye. If you haven’t, come say hello. Either way, we promise you great music, hot T, random edibles and lounge sofa seating for just 6 pounds or 5 after 3pm.

2pm Tango-Jive class with Amir & Kate,

3pm Two hours freestyle with Guest DJ Roger Chin, A Mere DJ and a special Kenobe remote set.

More info at www.fusiondance.co.uk or call 07881 922 909

dee
8th-May-2004, 07:48 PM
I will be there with my chocolate fudge cake, thats if i dont burn it while writing this. Very much looking forward to it, its always such a nice way to spend a sunday, what with all those cakes and good company :drool: cant wait

Debster
8th-May-2004, 11:41 PM
I'll also have a few goodies to bring along so be prepared to snack... and snack heartily!

And although it might seem a bit gratuitous, I've asked Dale to bring along our cup trophy so I can take one last good look at it before I go, so please excuse us if we can't wipe the smiles off our faces as we wave it around ;)

It will be great to catch up with lots of good friends that have said they'll come to see me off.... I apologise ahead of time if makes the afternoon a bit crowded, but only with quality people of course :hug:

Simon r
10th-May-2004, 07:37 PM
Had a great time on sunday bye bye to debster you will be missed thanks for the dance great as norm ..
hope to see you again soon .
thanks to everyone else there as well a good days dancing and nice meal after...:flower:

under par
11th-May-2004, 12:03 AM
Debster, I had a really great afternoon and dancing with you was fantastic. The british MJ scene will be a poorer place without you. :tears:

Good luck with your future.:cheers:

Debster
11th-May-2004, 12:14 AM
Thanks guys!

I will miss you all too!!! Very VERY much.

And what a farewell dance!! How did I get so lucky as to dance with all those magnificent guys in the space of a few minutes?!! It blew my socks off :flower: (and we won't mention who it was that threw me on the ground! Good thing my Kylie butt wasn't bruised! :what: )

I'll try to post the group photo when I get my PC set up in NZ. :clap:

Hugs for everyone! :hug:

dee
11th-May-2004, 09:56 AM
Good luck and all the best Debs, was so nice to see you at the tea dance, looking forward to receiving the recipe for the banana cake :drool: im sure it will go down well at another tea dance they can all be my victims :flower:

Sheepman
11th-May-2004, 12:28 PM
Farewell Debster, (shouldn't we have a separate thread for this?) I hope it all goes well for you in Christchurch. We look forward to you showing us the hot spots next time we're down under!

So who is there back in Blighty to fill your shoes? :tears:

Greg

ChrisA
11th-May-2004, 12:32 PM
So who is there back in Blighty to fill your shoes? :tears:
As if anyone could :what:

Chris

Mary
11th-May-2004, 09:19 PM
Debs, gutted we couldn't make it to your final farewell gig at Kent House (work and all that). It has been great to watch you dance over the past few years and be inspired by you, have a fabulous time in NZ and and even more fabulous marriage. Hope all goes well and look forward to hearing all your news.

Yeah, this should really have it's own thread.

Lots of love and hugs.:hug: :hug: :cheers: :cheers: :worthy: :worthy:

M

Amir
22nd-May-2004, 12:39 AM
there is a dance on this sunday, by the wa-a-ay.

Simon r
22nd-May-2004, 10:13 AM
sorry Amir can not make this sunday got to go and see some arty farty affair at the sadler wells but will be there in two weeks time miss you lots but see you soon
Simon:tears:

ElaineB
22nd-May-2004, 03:07 PM
Dang!

We can't make it either!!!!!

Coming up on Weds night though! And about time too!

Simon R- look forward to seeing you in Bristol at the comp!!

Elaine :D

Mary
22nd-May-2004, 04:22 PM
We'll be there - one of the highlights of the month is the Kent House T-dance!

Sorry not to see you and Nicole, Simon but enjoy Sadlers Wells.

Sorry I won't see you on Weds ElaineB - working late. I think Tony will be going tho'.

M

Sheepman
24th-May-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Simon r
but will be there in two weeks time I think you'll be on your own if you're there in 2 weeks, as I'm sure Amir said the next one was on 20th June! (There is a Bisley West Coast tea dance on the 6th June though.)

As usual, yesterday was great, (but don't tell anyone, the numbers were just right.) Great music, great company, great dancers (excluding myself here of course, especially as I've not recovered from Torquay), and yummy cake. I was rather worried by 2 sisters, and the way they were angling those kicks during the lesson though :tears:

Greg

dee
24th-May-2004, 02:12 PM

I was rather worried by 2 sisters, and the way they were angling those kicks during the lesson though :tears:

Greg

But i do remember sis saying whatever she kicked she would kiss better :yum: Must say Greg, nice pink stockings you had on, very feminine :innocent: :flower: thanks for the dances twas very nice

Missy D
24th-May-2004, 04:16 PM
[
I was rather worried by 2 sisters, and the way they were angling those kicks during the lesson though :tears:

Greg [/B][/QUOTE]

Just remember if we do those moves again maybe at Hipters freestyle remember to keep your legs wide apart - sis will demonstrate (apparently she is an expert at that). :rofl:

We couldnt help but notice your nice bum yesterday - might have to bring out the wellies tomorrow (or shall we leave it til Peters next sunday!:what:

Sheepman
24th-May-2004, 04:43 PM
might have to bring out the wellies tomorrow (or shall we leave it til Peters next sunday! There are now at lesat 2 threads where I have no idea what is going on, but this image keeps springing to mind:-

dee
24th-May-2004, 06:19 PM
There are now at lesat 2 threads where I have no idea what is going on, but this image keeps springing to mind:-

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ChrisA
24th-May-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by dee
Must say Greg, nice pink stockings you had on, very feminine :innocent: Yeah but what about that bloke that turned up p1ssed, wearing shorts, and started dancing in his socks???? :what: :really: :sick:

Didn't your sis dance with him?????

He didn't stay long, fortunately.

Chris :innocent:

dee
24th-May-2004, 06:43 PM
Yeah but what about that bloke that turned up p1ssed, wearing shorts, and started dancing in his socks???? :what: :really: :sick:

Didn't your sis dance with him?????

He didn't stay long, fortunately.

Chris :innocent:

No fortunately he didnt stay long, what a let down to what was, a great afternoon, some men ah?

Was great to see you, and thanks for changing before having me on the floor young man, must say i always enjoy a dance with you if i get a chance, even if you are drunk :cheers:

Missy D
24th-May-2004, 09:26 PM
Whats happening to our lovely sunday tea dances?

Sheep turning up in body stocking!

Men in safari shorts and trainer socks!

What next month sis in red leather shorts! or could it be Amir in a Tutu!:rofl:

ChrisA
24th-May-2004, 11:04 PM
What next month sis in red leather shorts! or could it be Amir in a Tutu!:rofl:
Guess which one I vote for :drool:

Missy D
25th-May-2004, 03:16 PM
Guess which one I vote for :drool:

Ah bet Amir will be so chuffed:wink:

Sheepman
25th-May-2004, 04:20 PM
Ah bet Amir will be so chuffed:wink: I knew that's the option Chris would go for!

Missy D
25th-May-2004, 05:07 PM
I knew that's the option Chris would go for!

Maybe be a bit careful doing up your shoe laces with Chris around never know he might have some wellies close by:rofl:

ChrisA
25th-May-2004, 08:12 PM
Maybe be a bit careful doing up your shoe laces with Chris around never know he might have some wellies close by:rofl: So you think you're safe do you? :devil:

Divissima
25th-May-2004, 11:43 PM
Safe??!!? :what:

Not after seeing those white legs.... :sick: I don't think I'll feel safe ever again....

ChrisA
25th-May-2004, 11:59 PM
Not after seeing those white legs.... :sick: I don't think I'll feel safe ever again....
:blush: :tears:

Missy D
27th-May-2004, 05:15 PM
So you think you're safe do you? :devil:

With Sheepy around me and sis are sure we will be safe (but maybe wear catsuits next time just in case wellie boy:rofl: :rofl:

dee
27th-May-2004, 05:21 PM
With Sheepy around me and sis are sure we will be safe (but maybe wear catsuits next time just in case wellie boy:rofl: :rofl:

Or even the chain mail :rofl: :flower:

Sheepman
28th-May-2004, 11:31 AM
With Sheepy around me and sis are sure we will be safe I really don't know how to take this! :tears: ? :what: ? :waycool: ? :whistle: ? :innocent: ?

Greg

dee
28th-May-2004, 02:24 PM
I really don't know how to take this! :tears: ? :what: ? :waycool: ? :whistle: ? :innocent: ?

Greg

Anyway, as long as its not from behind :eek:

Sheepman
28th-May-2004, 05:12 PM
Still downstairs? :what:

Bex
18th-June-2004, 09:50 AM
Who's up for the T-Jive this Sunday at Kent House, Hammersmith then?

Bex

Andy McGregor
18th-June-2004, 10:49 AM
Me :clap:

It's Fathers Day I can do what I like:wink:

..and it's free for guys too:flower:

Jayne
18th-June-2004, 10:50 AM
..and it's free for guys too:flower:
Errm... I thought it was just the lady's style class that was free for guys. ASAIK, usual charges apply for the t-dance class & freestyle.

I'll be there though!

Andy McGregor
18th-June-2004, 10:57 AM
Errm... I thought it was just the lady's style class that was free for guys. ASAIK, usual charges apply for the t-dance class & freestyle.

Sorry :blush:

I didn't read the email properly - here is the relevant section.

Special Ladies Style Workshop this Sunday 20th June
1pm, Kent House, Rutland Grove, Hammersmith, London

A special one hour body-style workshop for ladies, held with Kate and Amir this Sunday before the T-Dance. With a special emphasis on hips, arms and leg work! £5 for ladies, men can come for free.

Ladies that have come to the last two _Ultimate Body Style_ workshops can come to this _top up_ for free!

Kent Klub T-JIVE this Sunday 20th June

Kent House, Rutland Grove, Hammersmith

2pm Tango-Jive class with Amir and Kate

3pm Over two hours freestyle with DJ Kenobe!

Divissima
18th-June-2004, 11:01 AM
Hurray!! I've been wanting a ladies' styling workshop for ages. Kate is one of my most admired female dancers for her style. :waycool:

DJ Kenobe will be in the (Kent) house and I will be tea-wench. Any cakey-contributions gratefully received :flower:

Sheepman
18th-June-2004, 04:00 PM
It's that time again, when cakes get scary, and music gets more challenging, so who else will be there on Sunday?

Greg

Divissima
18th-June-2004, 04:03 PM
See other thread!

Sheepman
18th-June-2004, 04:14 PM
See other thread! Can you give me a pointer? :confused:

Divissima
18th-June-2004, 04:39 PM
Should be directly beneath this one in Social Events - called 'T-jive with Amir this Sunday' started by the gorgeous Bex :yum:

Sheepman
18th-June-2004, 05:09 PM
I'll be there.

So Franck, why doesn't this thread show up on a "New Posts" search?

Greg

Andy McGregor
18th-June-2004, 05:17 PM
I wonder, if we do the Ladies Styling workshop as a lady do we need to pay? :devil:

So Franck, why doesn't this thread show up on a "New Posts" search?

Greg

I think it would only show if there's a new post since your last visit. I usually us 'Recent Posts' and select 'Last Day'. This thread is there.

Mary
19th-June-2004, 10:52 AM
Hmmmph! Some of us have got to go to work. :mad: :mad: :tears: :tears:

That's the last 2 I've missed, and feeling really cheesed off about it. Have a great time for everone who is going tho'.

M

ElaineB
20th-June-2004, 08:42 PM
Hurray!! I've been wanting a ladies' styling workshop for ages. Kate is one of my most admired female dancers for her style. :waycool:

DJ Kenobe will be in the (Kent) house and I will be tea-wench. Any cakey-contributions gratefully received :flower:

Hi Claire

That was a brilliant cup of tea that you put on there! Fantastic afternoon and wonderful music from Toby. And as for the lessons from Amir and Kate - fab, fab, fab! Simon and I decided to stop for a chinese takeway on the way home and the floor was really slippery, so just couldn't resist trying out the new tango move! :rofl:

Thanks for the dances to all the Guys, you made my day! In particular, Chris, David B, Roger, Toby and Andy. ( Andy, your bum up move get's better and better!) :flower:

Elaine

ChrisA
20th-June-2004, 09:40 PM
Fantastic afternoon and wonderful music from Toby. :yeah:

Hey TwK, not a bad set today... you kept the faith pretty well I thought.

Reckon you could push it just a little harder, though :devil: :waycool: :wink:

Andy McGregor
21st-June-2004, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the dances to all the Guys, you made my day! In particular, Chris, David B, Roger, Toby and Andy. ( Andy, your bum up move get's better and better!) :flower:
Elaine

Thank you:flower:

I put it down to the ladies styling class, I can now do the figure of eight wiggle that Kate taught the girls - and so can a crowd of soon-to-be-camp boys standing at the back joining in:whistle:

And, for you guys that missed it, you should have been there: Elaine was wearing one of the most heart-attack inducing, sexy dresses I've ever seen - the fact she wore it to a class that was mosly about wiggling was almost too much for some of us. When Amir was asked what the guys should do with their free hand when the girls were wiggling I was thinking of ElaineB when my immediate answer was "I use it to cover my eyes".

Elaine, the next time you wear that dress can you give me some warning so I've got time for the sedatives to kick in:devil:

Oh, other people were there too:

Lily - lovely as usual
David B - Hi, sorry I was whisked off before I could say hello.
Divissima - Thanks for the fab dances. We WOULD have made Toby jealous it he'd just looked our way:wink:
ChrisA - Yes I was sober when I was trying to demonstrate how to drink red wine from that other cross-dressers navel :what:
Pammy and Boomer - Nice to see you afterwards, you should try coming dancing again:tears:
TWK - Great tunes:clap:
RogerC - thanks for the dance, you make me feel so tall :whistle:
Amir and Kate - What can I say, every class I do of yours makes me feel like a virgin again - it's all so fresh and new :worthy:

Sheepman
21st-June-2004, 02:37 PM
An excellent afternoon as always, though I didn't get around much :sad: I should be back to normal by next time :really:

But what happened to the Dangerous Ds? Not a furball in sight!

Greg

ChrisA
21st-June-2004, 04:08 PM
I can now do the figure of eight wiggle that Kate taught the girls
Hey Andy that's great...

I take it you've been practising it since the class then :devil: :rofl:

Andy McGregor
21st-June-2004, 04:16 PM
Hey Andy that's great...

I take it you've been practising it since the class then :devil: :rofl:

One thing I've been wondering, what exactly are you drawing the 'figure of eight' with?:confused:

ChrisA
21st-June-2004, 04:18 PM
One thing I've been wondering, what exactly are you drawing the 'figure of eight' with?:confused:
Well that depends where I'm drawing it, obviously. :rolleyes: :waycool:

Andy McGregor
21st-June-2004, 04:24 PM
Well that depends where I'm drawing it, obviously. :rolleyes: :waycool:

Are we upstairs yet? :devil:

ChrisA
21st-June-2004, 05:08 PM
Are we upstairs yet? :devil:
You started it :eek:

:devil: :devil:

dee
8th-July-2004, 02:14 PM
Can anyone tell me when the next tea dance is on??? :D

Bex
8th-July-2004, 02:19 PM
Hi Dee,

I think its Sunday 18th July - well that's the date in my diary and the one hopefully Billco and I will be attending!! Diva can you confirm?

See you there,
Bex

Divissima
8th-July-2004, 02:25 PM
It was scheduled for 18th - there were some noises about moving the date, though, and I'm not sure of the outcome. I'll verify with Amir and post up my findings :wink:

dee
8th-July-2004, 05:20 PM
It was scheduled for 18th - there were some noises about moving the date, though, and I'm not sure of the outcome. I'll verify with Amir and post up my findings :wink:

:flower:

Sheepman
9th-July-2004, 11:49 AM
It was scheduled for 18th Some of the regulars maybe on their way home from WSM that day, there again, I suppose I could always drop in to receive commisserations :tears:

Any news on the August date? (Please don't say the 15th, 'cos I can't make that either.)

Greg

Divissima
9th-July-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm afraid so, Sheepy. It is 15th August :tears:

under par
11th-July-2004, 12:20 PM
I'm afraid so, Sheepy. It is 15th August :tears:

Claire can you confirm that hte T-dance this Sunday (18th) is on? cos I quite fancy going. :hug:

LilyB
11th-July-2004, 01:45 PM
Claire can you confirm that hte T-dance this Sunday (18th) is on? cos I quite fancy going. :hug:

What - you're not working?!! :what: :what: :what:

under par
11th-July-2004, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=LilyB]What - you're not working?!! :what: :what: :what:[/QUOT

Lily just for once I will be off this weekend going to WSM and I really fancy going to the T dance Sunday if it is on.

Hope to see you there for a dance or three. Maybeeeeee ! :drool:

Amir
14th-July-2004, 11:24 AM
Yes there is a T-Jive this Sunday afternoon, 18th of, um, whatever this month is.

Kent House, Hammersmith Club, Rutland Grove, London!

Tangojive class at 2pm and freestyle from 3pm!

6 pounds or 5 after 3pm.

Divissima
14th-July-2004, 11:48 AM
From the mouth of the great man himself!

under par
14th-July-2004, 12:00 PM
Yes there is a T-Jive this Sunday afternoon, 18th of, um, whatever this month is.

Kent House, Hammersmith Club, Rutland Grove, London!

Tangojive class at 2pm and freestyle from 3pm!

6 pounds or 5 after 3pm.

Great news! I hope to be there :cheers: but Mrs Par has to work :sad:

Toby wan Kenobe
3rd-August-2004, 05:15 PM
T-Jive dates for you dance diaries....

Sunday 15th August.... Wear a hat.
:waycool: and I'll play Push Up by Freestylers so those folks that do Amir & Hayley's special routine at Hipsters can re-live the fun and games...

Sunday 12th of September
and Sunday 10th of October

TwK :D

under par
4th-August-2004, 02:13 AM
T-Jive dates for you dance diaries....

Sunday 15th August.... Wear a hat.
:waycool: and I'll play Push Up by Freestylers so those folks that do Amir & Hayley's special routine at Hipsters can re-live the fun and games...

Sunday 12th of September
and Sunday 10th of October

TwK :D

Really looking forward to it Toby, as its Mrs Par and my anniversary the day before, can you think of an appropriate song for us??? :worthy: :worthy: :clap:

Simon r
4th-August-2004, 06:07 AM
We will both be there to listen to your funky beats ...
can not wait for a good chance to dance our socks off :grin:

Missy D
6th-August-2004, 12:43 AM
Wear a hat? whats all that about? Obvioulsy been off the scene a little to long.

Not sure i can make the august Tea dance - will see if sis is free guess you must all be missing her cat fur ball cakes. By the way her hamster died this week so watch out for any rodent shaped delights :eek:

Graham W
10th-August-2004, 04:19 PM
I plan to be there...no hat just dancing shoes, / no Mrs Par -shame..heard Elaine might be there thu - home from home :-)

G

Gordon J Pownall
10th-August-2004, 04:33 PM
...guess you must all be missing her cat fur ball cakes. By the way her hamster died this week so watch out for any rodent shaped delights :eek:

Oh happy day................. :yum: :yum: :yum:

Although I must be careful or else I'll be making another apology like THIS ONE (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=74375#post74375)...... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

dee
11th-August-2004, 10:36 AM
Ok Dawn i was saving my hamster for your birthday cake maybe we can make the september T-dance and we can all have some :drool:

Amir
11th-August-2004, 05:37 PM
Some people were confused by the 'wear a hat' statement in the last email:

You don't have to bring a hat.

But if you've got one and you never have an excuse to wear it 'wear a hat' in an email is as good an excuse as any.

But like I said. If you don't have a hat, then at least comb your hair.

See you Sunday.

Amir.

TheTramp
12th-August-2004, 12:14 AM
But like I said. If you don't have a hat, then at least comb your hair.
Will do!

Won't take long :tears:

Trampy

Sheepman
12th-August-2004, 11:46 AM
Fot the second month in a row I won't be able to make it due to prior arrangements :tears:

I really must get my priorities in life sorted. So what date is the November dance?

Greg

Peter
12th-August-2004, 11:51 AM
The next Kent House dates are 12 Sep and 10 Oct. No date yet for Nov!

dannyboy
12th-August-2004, 12:01 PM
Some people were confused by the 'wear a hat' statement in the last email:
You don't have to bring a hat. But like I said. If you don't have a hat, then at least comb your hair.

And what if you don't have either a hat or hair? :cool:

Lory
12th-August-2004, 02:05 PM
And what if you don't have either a hat or hair? :cool:If you haven't got any socks, you can't pull em up! :hug:

Amir
12th-August-2004, 03:10 PM
And what if you don't have either a hat or hair? :cool:

Then just pull your socks up
Or buy a wig
or wax your legs
or do you nails
or wear cologne

Beautify yourself in any way you can, even if its just a smile.
(but brush your teeth.)

Lory
12th-August-2004, 04:04 PM
Then just pull your socks up
Or buy a wig
or wax your legs
or do you nails
or wear cologne

(but brush your teeth.)
Danny, go on, tell us, you haven't got any teeth, have you? :rofl:

Minnie M
16th-August-2004, 12:01 PM
My first time :what:

Had a really great time, lots of great dances, met new forumites Rhythm King & Latin Lover both great dancers - love the way RK 'plays' when dancing :blush: he certainly lives up to his name

Met up with lots of 'old' faces (all good dancers too :clap: )

Great dance with ChrisA - even though I got my earing caught in my top (not sure how that happened)

Even Paul Warden (WCS God) and his two beauties turned up :flower:

Finally got to say a hello to Divissima :hug:

Everyone was so friendly, it was more like a party

TWK set was excellent, very different and quite challenging, however the standard of dancing appreciated this :worthy: and I kept away from the biccies and cakes :clap:

ElaineB
16th-August-2004, 12:27 PM
Quite agree Minnie - fabulous atmosphere yesterday. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Latin Lover and Rhythem King by the way. I had lovely dances with everyone and even plucked up courage to ask James Geary and Paul Warden for a dance. :clap: :clap: :clap: Also great to meet Bex - as promised, a hoard of Bristolians will be invading your next dance!

Really enjoyed watching Mr and Mrs Latin Lover strutting some tango stuff at one point - verrrrry stylish! :clap: One of the interesting facts about dancing with most of the guys yesterday was the weight in the lead - most of you are really light, but so definite - lovely!!

Amir's class was excellent - but then it would be, wouldn't it! Kate wasn't there as a demo, which meant that we took it in turns to 'dance' with Amir as the lesson progressed. He also took turns with the men - wonderful idea, although you were missed Kate!!

Oh yes and Claire - keep buying those lottery tickets and I'll keep going with the premium bonds - there must be a way out! :rofl:

Elaine

Bex
16th-August-2004, 12:52 PM
Hi All,

Yes, I'm on the band wagon too - it was a great day yesterday, thoroughly enjoyed it!! Thanks Amir for a great day and to Diva for the tea & biccies :drool:

Great to meet you too Elaine B and looking forward to seeing you, Janice and the gang at Twyford on 28th :cheers:

Had some great dances also, but still haven't plucked up the courage to ask Paul Warden yet :blush:

Looking foward to the next T-dance on 12th September!

Bex

ElaineB
16th-August-2004, 01:31 PM
Oops - forgot to say - the music was as excellent as ever! Well done Toby!! :grin: :clap:

Elaine

Minnie M
16th-August-2004, 02:21 PM
thought I knew to ALL forumites there yesterday (and there quite a few of us too :D ) - not sure I have met Bex :tears: somebody please introduce us :innocent:

Rhythm King
16th-August-2004, 02:45 PM
had a really great time, lots of great dances, met new forumites Rhythm King & Latin Lover both great dancers - love the way RK 'plays' when dancing :blush: he certainly lives up to his name

Minnie, you're too kind :blush: but it was good meeting you and also ElaineB - thanks for my dances - they were fun!.

TWK set was excellent, very different and quite challenging, however the standard of dancing appreciated this :worthy: and I kept away from the biccies and cakes :clap:

:yeah:
Great Tchoons Toby - and thanks for playing my little secret! I managed not to eat too many biccies, considering I'd missed lunch and dinner the night before, due to dancing, but thanks for sorting them out, Diva.

I enjoyed Amir's class too, if only I could get to Hipsters on a Wednesday... :tears:

Hope to see you all for the next one on the 12th.

Minnie M
16th-August-2004, 06:49 PM
I forgot to thank Elaine for 'bringing' Simon - wot a dreamy dancer :drool:

- and didn't Elaine look stunning :sad: how can anyone look so good on a Sunday afternoon :angry:

dannyboy
16th-August-2004, 09:49 PM
- and didn't Elaine look stunning :sad: how can anyone look so good on a Sunday afternoon :angry:

Did you get a photo? You can't say that without one!

dannyboy
16th-August-2004, 09:52 PM
(but brush your teeth.)
sorry no teeth. you will just have to make do with me as I am :D

Minnie M
16th-August-2004, 10:46 PM
Did you get a photo? You can't say that without one!

You will have to ask Amir for one, there was someone with a camera there all afternoon

latinlover
17th-August-2004, 08:56 AM
yet another GREAT T-Jive on Sunday from Amir :worthy:

the class always fries my brain- I must be a masochist to put myself through that on a sunday afternoon, but I soooooo love the tango vibe to dance to :drool: haven't got up the courage to do proper argie tango tho :tears:

great to finally meet forumites Elaine & Minnie M - thank you Elaine for your kind comments and to both of you for the lovely dances :flower: :hug:
I missed mr Rythm King again though- apologies :blush:

Thank you Toby for some great eclectic tunes as always.You are the MAN!!! :cheers:

and I must thank my 9-year old twins,Drew & Edwina , for sustaining a truce long enough for mum & dad to indulge their obsession - especially as we hadn't danced since TUESDAY :tears: we really were in danger of going cold turkey! :sick:
(NEVER underestimate the effectiveness of a BRIBE!) :rofl:

ElaineB
17th-August-2004, 10:16 PM
I forgot to thank Elaine for 'bringing' Simon - wot a dreamy dancer :drool:

I let him out occasionally Minnie!! :rofl:

Love the hair by the way, never seen you with it 'naked' before!!

Re 'bribes' Latin Lover - your two children were so good, I only noticed them when they were leaving!!

Elaine

Toby wan Kenobe
9th-September-2004, 08:47 PM
yet another GREAT T-Jive on Sunday from Amir :worthy:

Thank you Toby for some great eclectic tunes as always.You are the MAN!!! :cheers:
LL,
Great to have my music appreciated.. :nice:
For this Sunday's bash I've got some great Nu-Tango tracks and some Latin Soul... :waycool:

Sunday 12th Sept:
Amir & Kate from 2-3pm
DJ Kenobe freestyle from 3 till after 5pm

See you Sunday...

under par
10th-September-2004, 11:46 AM
LL,
Great to have my music appreciated.. :nice:
For this Sunday's bash I've got some great Nu-Tango tracks and some Latin Soul... :waycool:

Sunday 12th Sept:
Amir & Kate from 2-3pm
DJ Kenobe freestyle from 3 till after 5pm

See you Sunday...

Toby we wont be there :tears:

Sharon has to work . Boo Hoo.

Any chance of seeing a play list for sunday so I can see what toons i'm missing? :drool:

Have a great afternoon :cheers:

Sheepman
10th-September-2004, 12:34 PM
I have a real dilemma for this one, I haven't been able to make it for 3 months, :tears: and now, a very inconsiderate friend has invited me to their birthday party. I do wish people would be more careful in planning their birthdays! :devil: And what makes it worse is that the same thing is happening on Saturday night, one of my favourite monthly dances is on, but we'll be at a birthday party.

Hmm, maybe I should reconsider about that party I was planning :whistle:

Greg

Divissima
10th-September-2004, 12:38 PM
Any chance of seeing a play list for sunday so I can see what toons i'm missing? :drool: Won't that just make it worse?? I know it would for me....

under par
10th-September-2004, 12:51 PM
Won't that just make it worse?? I know it would for me....

No Divissima I could have a fantasy Tdance in my car going to work....How sad am I :sad: ?

Divissima
10th-September-2004, 01:24 PM
No Divissima I could have a fantasy Tdance in my car going to work....How sad am I :sad: ?This is a mean question... but: how many dances would I get?? :innocent: :D :devil:

under par
10th-September-2004, 01:28 PM
This is a mean question... but: how many dances would I get?? :innocent: :D :devil:

This is a mean answer.

Depends if it's my fantasy or yours........... :hug: :kiss: :drool: :yeah:

Divissima
10th-September-2004, 02:08 PM
This is a mean answer.

Depends if it's my fantasy or yours........... :hug: :kiss: :drool: :yeah:You are indeed a worthy opponent, Mr Par :hug:

Toby wan Kenobe
10th-September-2004, 03:59 PM
Any chance of seeing a play list for sunday so I can see what toons i'm missing? :drool:

Have a great afternoon :cheers:

Dude,

I've pm'd you with a short list of the new choons you're going to miss... :D

It's a shame Sharon's got to work,.... but can't you sneak along for quickie (ooh errh Missus!!). :eek:

TwK

under par
10th-September-2004, 04:20 PM
Dude,

I've pm'd you with a short list of the new choons you're going to miss... :D

It's a shame Sharon's got to work,.... but can't you sneak along for quickie (ooh errh Missus!!). :eek:

TwK

Divissima I've just read TwK's pm and the Choons drove me wild and you and I have just been involved in a fantastic tango,y latin,y dancing frenzy .......I hope you enjoyed it. :drool: :hug:

Simon r
10th-September-2004, 04:40 PM
We will both be there hope to see all the rest for a great dance or two

Graham W
12th-September-2004, 01:53 AM
I'll b ethere if alarm clock wins vs. ears... :-)

ElaineB
12th-September-2004, 09:16 PM
Lesson, tea, dancers and DJ Toby............ :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fantastic day guys - see you all next month!

Elaine

Divissima
13th-September-2004, 09:35 AM
Divissima I've just read TwK's pm and the Choons drove me wild and you and I have just been involved in a fantastic tango,y latin,y dancing frenzy .......I hope you enjoyed it. :drool: :hug:I'm still quivering :wink:

Hoping to see you soon so we can recreate the magic :devil:

under par
13th-September-2004, 05:53 PM
I'm still quivering :wink:

Hoping to see you soon so we can recreate the magic :devil:

You bet!!

Tuesday at ssshhhhh.......looks left and right............... H******s maybe? :hug: :kiss: :yeah:

Debster
16th-September-2004, 01:47 AM
This is especially for Dee and Missy D :flower:

I promised several Ts ago to make a fab banana cake... but alas left the country with a promise to send the recipe to you guys. Well finally here it is.
I love it, it's nice and moist and easy to make. Hope you enjoy it too.

BUT it would be even better with one of those icing layers on top, you know the sort of carrot cake topping stuff - I don't have a recipe for that, so if you let me have any suggestions on how to make one that would be lovely(and my husband will be very grateful :))

DEBanana cake
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
3 bananas (mashed)
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon bi-carbonate soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons milk

Mix butter and sugar together, add eggs.
Beat together then add mashed banana.
Add sifted dry ingredients and milk.
Place mixture in prepared tin.
Bake in 200 degrees Celcius oven for 45 minutes.
Cool in tin.

It's piece of cake! :clap: Happy T dancing!
:hug: :kiss: :hug:

Missy D
16th-September-2004, 09:05 AM
Ah thanks Debs! :flower: we will have a go for the next tea dance mine with be the one without the cat fur and hamster droppings :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mmmmm special treats for the next tea dance everyone :rofl:

Sheepman
16th-September-2004, 01:31 PM
Mmmmm special treats for the next tea dance everyone :what: What, that and cake! :wink:
Sounds like I'll be having your cake and eating it :yum:

Greg

dee
16th-September-2004, 06:09 PM
Ah thanks Debs! :flower: we will have a go for the next tea dance mine with be the one without the cat fur and hamster droppings :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Right sis that's it! Mine will be without the odd grey hair, and snail slime (as sister is an expert these days at snail keeping) :rofl:

Missy D
17th-September-2004, 09:01 AM
Right sis that's it! Mine will be without the odd grey hair, and snail slime (as sister is an expert these days at snail keeping) :rofl:

Right you have had it now buddy! my feathers are ruffled and i am a donkey on the edge! mine will not be containing short black hairs with roots! or ones from a "ginger weet" :mad:

Sheepman
17th-September-2004, 10:57 AM
Right you have had it now buddy! Ah, families, don't you just luv 'em?
Before this gets too violent, could someone explain to me what a "ginger weet" is? :confused:

Greg

Divissima
17th-September-2004, 11:04 AM
could someone explain to me what a "ginger weet" is? :confused: GregI have a feeling that this is one of those questions that, once answered, will lead you to rue asking in the first place.

Gojive
17th-September-2004, 11:42 AM
Before this gets too violent, could someone explain to me what a "ginger weet" is?

I'm glad you asked Greg.......because I don't know either, and was worried I was the only one! :blush:

I have my suspicions, but.......

Missy D
17th-September-2004, 02:46 PM
Before this gets too violent, could someone explain to me what a "ginger weet" is? :confused:

Greg[/QUOTE]

Thought everyone had one! Well its a very popular thing in the household of Dee maybe she will bring it to Hipsters or the next tea dance! :what:

Sheepman
17th-September-2004, 03:31 PM
maybe she will bring it to Hipsters or the next tea dance! :what: Oh good! :really: :confused: :what:

Greg

dee
17th-September-2004, 06:58 PM

Greg

Thought everyone had one! Well its a very popular thing in the household of Dee maybe she will bring it to Hipsters or the next tea dance! :what:[/QUOTE]

Or maybe Dawn will do a talk on snail keeping at the next tea dance :whistle: leave my weet out of it :mad: