PDA

View Full Version : Bacardi Sponsorship?

Gus
14th-January-2004, 11:17 PM
OK ... just heard a rumour ... would like to know if its fact.

Bacardi (Breezer?) sponsoring Ceroc? Taxi dancers new outfits with the Bacardi logo on them? Ceroc instructors having to incorporate Latin moves as a condition of the sponsorship???

The longer I wait, the more bizzarre the rumours. Hate to cut a good rumour short .... but anyone actualy know what the truth is??

Lounge Lizard
14th-January-2004, 11:43 PM
Bloody hell - do you think Budweiser could sponser LeRoc:wink:

DavidY
14th-January-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Gus

Bacardi (Breezer?) sponsoring Ceroc? Taxi dancers new outfits with the Bacardi logo on them? Ceroc instructors having to incorporate Latin moves as a condition of the sponsorship???

The longer I wait, the more bizzarre the rumours. Hate to cut a good rumour short .... but anyone actualy know what the truth is?? Dunno about the Latin moves, but we've had Taxi shirts with Bacardi logo & slogan for some time now.

Lory
14th-January-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Gus

The longer I wait, the more bizzarre the rumours. Hate to cut a good rumour short .... but anyone actualy know what the truth is?? I should be able to find this out for you tomorrow Gus. My sisters job was setting up promotions for Bacardi (she's on maternity leave at the moment but still has all her contacts) Gosh I hope it's true, I used to get VIP passes to all the promotions!:yum:

Paul F
15th-January-2004, 12:51 AM
I feel, to be completely unbiased, that I would have to sample 10 or 20 bottles before we go ahead with the advertising.

Well ive had time to think about this now and have come to the conclusion that they would have to be free of charge. That way i wouldnt be influenced by any financial decisions

:grin:

Will
15th-January-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Gus

The longer I wait, the more bizzarre the rumours. Hate to cut a good rumour short .... but anyone actualy know what the truth is??
I've not heard this one Gus.... but I SOOOOO hope it is true! Especially if it means Barcardi Breezers are going to be on sale cheap at Ceroc venues. I just gotta start taking the tube again!

Gus
15th-January-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by DavidY
Dunno about the Latin moves, but we've had Taxi shirts with Bacardi logo & slogan for some time now.

Ahhh, so there is some element of truth ... that makes a change. Is this just for London clubs or do the 'provinces' get them?

I'm not sure how the 'Latin Spirit' slogan goes with a dance style thats got nout to do with Latin dancing:confused: Has the 'Pure Dance Addiction' slogan been dropped? Always thought that was rather good.

Dan Hudson
15th-January-2004, 10:23 AM
Gus

The taxi -shirts have been out for a while now.. not sure of the inticate details of the deal.

I think it was just a sponsorship deal on the taxi dancer t- shirts..

Sadly I have not seen any free bacardi breezers lurking around any of our venues or indeed any others i have been to!! :tears:

I have not heard anything about latin moves either.. thats not to say it isn't true, but I know nothing!:blush:

Hope this helps

Jon L
15th-January-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Gus

I have seen one of the new Taxi shirts and yes Bacardi is on the side of the shirt, but no I don't think it entitles the taxi to free drinks, so sorry Mr. Lizard , Budweiser sponsoring Leroc is in your dreams at the moment old chum! though you might try campaigning their marketing department :D

DavidY
15th-January-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Ahhh, so there is some element of truth ... that makes a change. Is this just for London clubs or do the 'provinces' get them?Assuming you think Nottingham is in the provinces, then Yes we do have them here.

I'm not sure how the 'Latin Spirit' slogan goes with a dance style thats got nout to do with Latin dancing:confused: Has the 'Pure Dance Addiction' slogan been dropped? Always thought that was rather good. Can't remember exactly what it says on mine as I'm not at home just now, but I'm pretty sure the Pure Dance Addiction is still there somewhere (on the back I think). Think it also has Bacardi logo and "Welcome to the Latin Quarter" on the sleeves (but in quite small text).

David

Gus
15th-January-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by DavidY
Assuming you think Nottingham is in the provinces, then Yes we do have them here.
David

OOPS .... Sorry Dave, didnt notice your location .... thought you were London based.

So .... no freebies yet:tears: The thought of unlimited supplies of Bacardi is surely enough to tempt me back to Ceroc .... I'm so easily bought:waycool: