PDA

View Full Version : New Glasgow Tuesday Class

Tiggerbabe
13th-January-2004, 02:32 AM
Well - it's Tuesday - so it must be Glasgow!!!! :D

Looking forward to Jumpin' Jaks tonight - maybe I'll get to claim all of those wonderful dances that I missed on Saturday :tears:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-January-2004, 11:36 AM
Aplogies - I won't make it tonight :(

Will make it to Route66 though. :)

Chicklet
13th-January-2004, 12:46 PM
where does one park????????

Franck
13th-January-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
where does one park???????? On street parking is relatively easy (and free after 6.00pm), along Sauchiehall Street or Bath Street, or in the many side streets between Bath Street and Sauchiehall St.
There is also a multi-storey carpark round the corner, though I wouldn't imagine we'd need it. :D
The alternative is to take the Underground to Buchanan St and walk (about 5/10 minutes) along the pedestrian part of Sauchiehall St.

CJ
13th-January-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Franck
The alternative is to take the Underground to Buchanan St and walk (about 5/10 minutes) along the pedestrian part of Sauchiehall St.

You've seen her parking haven't you?!?:D

Stuart M
13th-January-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
where does one park????????
Not in Garnethill anyway - it's all residents only, even the steep streets just off Sauchiehall St. Got caught out not long after they changed it :tears:

Franck
13th-January-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
Not in Garnethill anyway - it's all residents only, even the steep streets just off Sauchiehall St. Got caught out not long after they changed it :tears: Ah yes... I got caught too :sad:
Best to stick to the city centre side...

Also, while I'm here, reminding everyone that tonight is FREE! So make sure you get there early as Jak will be Jumpin' :D

Paul F
14th-January-2004, 02:13 AM
Right, just watched a programme about the SARS virus. Just before i go into Bio-Stasis I just thought i would ask...

....How did it go tonight???

Hope it was fab :grin:

Franck
14th-January-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Paul F
....How did it go tonight???

Hope it was fab :grin: Well Paul, not as fab as I was hoping!
Due to a communication failure, the manager had not been reminded by the owner of Jumping Jaks that the Ceroc night was on, and therefore didn't turn up to open the doors. :sad:

A very disappointing night for all concerned, and I'm very sorry for the many of you who made the effort to come down tonight. :blush:

I talked to the manager, and he was very apologetic. He also gave me his mobile number for any further emergency!

We should now be able to launch Jumpin' Jaks properly on the 27th January :cheers:

Franck.

TheTramp
14th-January-2004, 02:45 AM
Well Paul, not as fab as I was hoping!
Due to a communication failure, the manager had not been reminded by the owner of Jumping Jaks that the Ceroc night was on, and therefore didn't turn up to open the doors. :sad:

A very disappointing night for all concerned, and I'm very sorry for the many of you who made the effort to come down tonight. :blush:

I talked to the manager, and he was very apologetic. He also gave me his mobile number for any further emergency!

We should now be able to launch Jumpin' Jaks properly on Tuesday 20th January instead. :cheers:

Franck. Oh dear :tears:

Steve

Robert Winter
14th-January-2004, 02:51 AM

We should now be able to launch Jumpin' Jaks properly on Tuesday 20th January instead. :cheers:

I am sorry to hear that .:sad: . Sheena seemed quite excited about it. Unfortunately these things are sent to try us.

I hope that next week is a towering success.

Paul F
14th-January-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Robert Winter
I am sorry to hear that .:sad: . Sheena seemed quite excited about it. Unfortunately these things are sent to try us.

I hope that next week is a towering success.

Absolutely. I think people will simply put it down to first night teething problems.

Im sure next week will be that much better for it. :cheers:

Franck
14th-January-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Paul F
Absolutely. I think people will simply put it down to first night teething problems. Teething problems are persisting it seems.
After a lengthy chat with Jumpin' Jaks, we will be able to launch the new night from Tuesday 27th January (turns out there is a problem with the 20th :sad: )

I was really hoping the new venue would start a bit more smoothly, and I am as impatient as you all are, but please bear with me (and Jumpin' Jaks) it will all be well worth it in the end!

So to summarize (and clarify for everyone who skimmed over the last paragraph):

Jumpin' Jaks, 292 Sauchiehall Street - every Tuesday from 7.30pm.

FREE Launch night: Tuesday 27th January!

Heather
14th-January-2004, 05:03 PM
:D :D Perhaps I'll be able to make it this time!!

:hug:
Heather
X

Tiggerbabe
14th-January-2004, 07:36 PM
Sheena seemed quite excited about it.
Sure was!!! It's a fab venue - well worth the drive from Dundee.
Not to worry - we'll just need to get sorted out for the next Opening Night - and maybe DS will make it to that one too *fingers crossed* :D

Tazmanian Devil
15th-January-2004, 06:01 PM
Well Paul, not as fab as I was hoping!

We should now be able to launch Jumpin' Jaks properly on the 27th January :cheers:

Franck.

Very sorry to hear of this unfortunate incident Frank. Was talking to Emma about it on Tuesday night and we both felt for you and the others that had turnt up to your opening night :tears: I hope your next launch night goes with a bang :kiss: :hug:

Dreadful Scathe
26th-January-2004, 04:58 PM
WHOS GOING TO THE NEW GLASGOW NIGHT TOMORROW ? ITS FREE FREEEE I TELL YOU......

..cough...can i get a glass of water please?

Heather
26th-January-2004, 06:20 PM
..........we are certainly intending to be there, provided of course, that we are not snowed under. No snow here in Dundee yet!!!!
:hug:
Heather,
X

Dreadful Scathe
27th-January-2004, 11:43 AM
its not cold enough for the Dundee MAd crew not to be here :)

no excuses accepted, but feel free to bring me sweeties :)

Robert Winter
27th-January-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Heather
..........we are certainly intending to be there, provided of course, that we are not snowed under.

SNOW!!! Wow, a lot colder than it is over here. I am sunburnt at the moment after a round of golf that took a little too long as I haven't played in years.

TheTramp
27th-January-2004, 12:45 PM
SNOW!!! Wow, a lot colder than it is over here. I am sunburnt at the moment after a round of golf that took a little too long as I haven't played in years. I think that I speak for all of us, on this side of the world, when I say to you....

GIT :D

Steve

TheTramp
27th-January-2004, 12:46 PM
Anyhow, all the best for tonight. I won't be coming - unless the road to Aberdeen is covered in snow.

Hope you have a great night. And I hope that there's no more hiccups this time!!! :rolleyes:

Steve

Robert Winter
27th-January-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I think that I speak for all of us, on this side of the world, when I say to you....

GIT :D

Steve

Gosh, nice to know someone cares:tears:.

Ha ha. Hope you have a nice trip tonight, and that you don't lost in a snow drift. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Franck
27th-January-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Hope you have a great night. And I hope that there's no more hiccups this time!!! :rolleyes: Thanks Steve... Should be a great night. I spoke to Jumpin Jaks this morning and they will definitely be there tonight! :D

Glad the predicted snow blizzards have not materialised! :waycool:

Dance Demon
27th-January-2004, 10:27 PM
Couldn't make it along tonight...Mrs DD has got me hangin' wallpaper:tears: .......
Hope everything went well Franck, will try to get along some time:cheers:

Dreadful Scathe
28th-January-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Couldn't make it along tonight...Mrs DD has got me hangin' wallpaper:tears: .......
Hope everything went well Franck, will try to get along some time:cheers:

it looked like it went well to me - great night :)