PDA

View Full Version : Avatars.

CJ
22nd-August-2002, 01:27 AM
Ok, then.

How come FC has a huge, em, er, um, avatar and mines is tottie (which is very different to totty!!)???????

Simply put, I don't think my ass is big enough in this!!

How can I fix, please, Franck?

Franck
22nd-August-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
How come FC has a huge, em, er, um, avatar and mines is tottie (which is very different to totty!!)???????

How can I fix, please, Franck? Hi Rob,

Getting jealous...? You too can have big a...vatar :really:
The limit is there to stop abuse which would lengthen download times for the forum pages. Though people have the opportunity to turn off Avatars if they want to speed things up.

If you post the bigger version of your avatar, I'll make it so :cheers:

Franck.

filthycute
22nd-August-2002, 11:42 AM
Ok, then.

How can I fix, please, Franck?

now, now, i don't want to be getting into catfights over avatars......don't penalise me just because i'm special :D

i'm dead chuffed with it, but i did all my grovelling and gushing in another thread :grin:

and completely changing the subject here....... i always thought your name was BOB.....? oh well, musta picked it up wrong, or do you get called numerous names? :yum:

filthycute x x

CJ
22nd-August-2002, 12:03 PM
Bob, Robert, CJ is in @ the moment, but not too sure how I feel about that.

There is only one person in the whole wide world that callas me Rob, and I haven't the heart to tell him it does my nut!!

I just don't fel like a Rob.:tears:

Later,

B.

Franck
22nd-August-2002, 12:07 PM
[B]There is only one person in the whole wide world that callas me Rob, and I haven't the heart to tell him it does my nut!!

I just don't fel like a Rob.:tears: /B]Oh, poor Bertie :sad: So sorry, I'll try to avoid the 'Rob' bit from now on...

Is Bertie ok instead? After all, I called my demo Santa yesterday!!

Franck :nice:

CJ
22nd-August-2002, 12:10 PM
Now, if we're gonna get into name calling.................

you'ld probably win!!

Franck
22nd-August-2002, 12:56 PM
Well Bob!

I changed your avatar to its 'proper' size and I am having second thoughts already... It is indeed huge now! :really:

I am starting to find the big animated avatars a bit distracting (not to mention rude :wink: ), so I'll see how things go, and might revert everyone to more sensible pictures... After all, the purpose of the Forum is discussion, and I would not want pictures to come in the way.

Franck.

CJ
22nd-August-2002, 01:15 PM
It's not as big as FC's. AND she started it!! Tell her, mum, tell her.

Seriously, take your point. It's just a "little" fun inbetween all the discussions, and the discussions are the main thing.

If you want, start a thread asking "Is CJ's bum too big in this?"and see what they say....... If it needs cut down to size, you're the man!!

I'll try to think of something more sensible, but you know me well enough to realise I'm on for a bit of a struggle here. Sensible isn't my strong suit. In fact, lederhosen aren't my strong suit either.

Anyway, I'll speak to my therapist over the weekend to see if I can handle the fact that, indeed, my ass is just too darn big.

Take care.

Franck
22nd-August-2002, 01:27 PM
It's not as big as FC's. AND she started it!! Tell her, mum, tell her.

If you want, start a thread asking "Is CJ's bum too big in this?"and see what they say....... If it needs cut down to size, you're the man!!Nothing against your avatar specifically, FC's moves much faster!

It is not the size, but what you do with it :really:

Actually, the animation is the distracting bit, though it is possible to turn off "looping" of gifs in Internet Explorer if the movement is too off-putting...

Keep it up, :wink:

Franck.

John S
22nd-August-2002, 03:59 PM
Have to say, I know the avatars are a bit of fun and probably do brighten things up, but they do use up such a lot of memory space (and I'm really not sure I want to look at Bart's enlarged bum quite as much as I now have to)!

I sometimes play on another noticeboard (Spice) where a lot of the avatars used as signatures are much more complex than anything seen (so far) on the Ceroc Forum - this has caused problems both for the board and for individuals because they slow down page loading if it's being done over PSTN. I really wouldn't like to see the Ceroc forum go the same way, but it's a tough call - they are useful when flicking through a long thread to find a particular message.

So, Franck, how do we switch them off/on if we want to?

Franck
22nd-August-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by John S
So, Franck, how do we switch them off/on if we want to? I agree with you John, I would rather the posts remained the most important thing, but personalities are also important, and it is useful to be able to show a picture...
This forum software is actually very well designed and extremely resilient, with plenty capacity to spare, so the avatars we have will not affect its operation, but it might slow down on a low spec computer...

Anyway, to turn them off when reading on a slow computer or slow internet access, go to your User Controp Panel ('User cp' at top of page), then click on 'Edit options' and scroll down the page until you find: 'Show user's avatar in their posts?' and check the no button... Easy :wink:

Franck.

Alexis Beuraud
22nd-August-2002, 05:12 PM
Franck, could you make my avatar five time bigger, make it blink and move quickly ? If possible put some horrible music each time someone reads one of my messages.
Thus everybody will find it difficult to concentrate on the contents of my messages.
I really would like to be the most hated guy of the forum.

:D Just joking :D

filthycute
22nd-August-2002, 05:56 PM
ok i weighed up the pro's and con's.........

dancing muppet or sex kitten??

so i changed my avatar :D

you have to admit though, it was cool :waycool:

i know what you mean by distracting...did my nut in with it's funky dancing.
.was starting be a bad influence on me :sick:

it was fun while it lasted :D
hmmm....story of my life :yum:

filthycute x x

Tiggerbabe
22nd-August-2002, 06:26 PM
Thank goodness for that! I was starting to think that I had imagined the pinkish dancing muppet when I surveyed the forum after ceroc last night................................or was the pinkish dancing muppet AT the ceroc last night?:wink: :really:

Heather
22nd-August-2002, 06:48 PM
Yes, Sheena the dancing muppet WAS at Ceroc last night!!!!!
Personally, I love the dancing Elmo - he's SO cute!!!
As for Ceroc Jock, surely you don't seriously want to be known as the biggest a**se on the Ceroc Forum?:wink: :wink:
And haven't you learned by now that bigger is not always better!!!!! Size isn't everything you know!!!!:D :D

:cheers:
Heather

filthycute
22nd-August-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
Thank goodness for that! I was starting to think that I had imagined the pinkish dancing muppet when I surveyed the forum after ceroc last night................................or was the pinkish dancing muppet AT the ceroc last night?:wink: :really:

yep that was me!! :D how could you have possibly mistaken me???

i'm getting slightly worried though. when i was given my filthycute name it stuck....therefore i've had it about 2 years now. :D

who the hell started "dancing muppet"????????
:yum:

filthycute x x

CJ
22nd-August-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Heather

As for Ceroc Jock, surely you don't seriously want to be known as the biggest a**se on the Ceroc Forum?:wink: :wink:
And haven't you learned by now that bigger is not always better!!!!! Size isn't everything you know!!!!:D :D
Heather

So, once again, my reputation precedes me.:D

And, anyway, you don't want to know what I do with it.

No, really.

Cerocfan
23rd-August-2002, 09:07 PM
I think the choice of avatar says a lot about the person who chose it. The fact that I don't have one is because I don't know HOW to have one!

And CJ should definitely be allowed to keep his, as long as he is prepared to demonstrate the same physical flexibility as Bart!

Tiggerbabe
25th-August-2002, 06:06 PM
I am very sorry FC, I did not for one minute mean to imply that you WERE the dancing muppet - I was just worried that I was starting to imagine it. One night on the forum it was there and the next we were back to the snoozin' kitty - spooky!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think you could ever be mistaken for a muppet on the dancefloor......................maybe a slight likeness to "animal" when you are in the presence of a limbo pole and a few salsa dancers though:wink: :wink: :devil:

Franck
3rd-September-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Cerocfan
I think the choice of avatar says a lot about the person who chose it. The fact that I don't have one is because I don't know HOW to have one!Hi Cerocfan,

Getting an avatar, is a very simple process... Just click on the "User cp" button at the top right of the page (any page) and then find the "Edit options" link. Click on it and scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find the option to add an avatar. There is a huge selection provided already, so you do not need to find or create one, just pick one that fits your personality (remembering to avoid choosing the same avatar as someone else's).

And here you are, in the picture! :nice:

Franck.

P.S. If the above does not make sense, you can click on the "faq" button, which has instructions on everything to do with using the Forum!