PDA

View Full Version : Hipsters as unfashionable as ever

CJ
12th-January-2004, 02:05 PM
Just cos some youngsters seem to wear tham in order to show off piercings (um, er, well mine would have to be cut VERY low), does that mean hipsters are in?

Or is it just another sad example of the blind following the blind once again?

Pammy
12th-January-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
cut VERY low

:what: :really: :what: :what: :blush:

I say! :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
12th-January-2004, 02:32 PM
My Hipsters are cut around my chin - nobodys getting to see MY nipples without a search warrant !

I prefer pantaloons my self :)

Jayne
12th-January-2004, 02:34 PM
I didn't know it was possible a pair of trousers that weren't designed to sit on the hips these days.... *sigh*

J :nice:

Emma
12th-January-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
I say! :wink: Yeah, didn't you know CJ has pierced knees? :innocent:

CJ
12th-January-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Emma
Yeah, didn't you know CJ has pierced knees? :innocent:

Em, the holes in my knees are because they are SHOT, not pierced!!

:tears: :tears:

Aleks
12th-January-2004, 03:46 PM
Just cos some youngsters seem to wear tham in order to show off piercings (um, er, well mine would have to be cut VERY low), does that mean hipsters are in?

Or is it just another sad example of the blind following the blind once again?

I thought they did it to show off their fancy underwear and/or bum cleavage.

CJ
12th-January-2004, 03:49 PM
even tho the hipsters are in...

... are they REALLY in?!?:wink:

:devil: :devil: :D

Aleks
12th-January-2004, 03:52 PM
even tho the hipsters are in...

... are they REALLY in?!?:wink:

:devil: :devil: :D

You can't be wearing them right if you can't tell whether they're really in.

Dance Demon
12th-January-2004, 04:23 PM
Yeah, didn't you know CJ has pierced knees? :innocent:

I know where his piercing is and it ain't his knees....it just appears to be there:wink: :wink: :devil:

CJ
12th-January-2004, 04:33 PM
One observation... I didn't see any hipsters in Glasgow on Sat!!:wink:

We getting there yet?!?

Stuart M
12th-January-2004, 04:46 PM

I take it jokes about you being a right royal pain in the ass would be well out of order, CJ? :innocent:

Or have I completely missed the point here...

Emma
12th-January-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
I know where his piercing is and it ain't his knees....it just appears to be there:wink: :wink: :devil: I think I need a lay down..... :waycool:

CJ
12th-January-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
Or have I completely missed the point here...

You have indeed. But, hey, thanks for trying...

Still, consistancy is good...:wink:

Stuart M
12th-January-2004, 05:02 PM
You have indeed. But, hey, thanks for trying...

Still, consistancy is good...:wink:
Thanks for that - my eyes had been watering ever since the thought first occurred to me as to what you might be talking about...:tears:

Bill
12th-January-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
I thought they did it to show off their fancy underwear and/or bum cleavage.

Thought that had ( thankfully) gone out of fashion again ! 'Builders' bum doesn't /didn't look very attractive regardless of the gender and little bits of nylon or cotton was not very appealing really.

Trying not to think of CJ's piercing :sick: :rolleyes:

Aleks
12th-January-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Bill
Trying not to think of CJ's piercing :sick: :rolleyes:

Will you PLEASE stop mentioning it - I'll be thinking about it for hours again.....

Was the point that piercings are personal; there is no reason to have them on show, however, if you to happen to have one you should refer to it as often as possible - just like CJ?

CJ
12th-January-2004, 05:19 PM
Never before has something so small occupied so many for so long...................:D :D

Bill
12th-January-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Will you PLEASE stop mentioning it - I'll be thinking about it for hours again.....
Ok............won't say a word about it again......................... bet it was sore though :sick: :blush:

azande
12th-January-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
I know where his piercing is and it ain't his knees....it just appears to be there:wink: :wink: :devil:
:what: Is the piercing so heavy? :sick:

CJ
12th-January-2004, 05:27 PM
what was sore, Bill?!?

Pammy
12th-January-2004, 05:30 PM
bet it was sore though :sick: :blush:
Nothing a good old dunk in TCP wouldn't cure :tears: :wink:

Chicklet
12th-January-2004, 05:33 PM
what was sore, Bill?!?
read that as "was it sore Bill"

you naughty naughty boy

CJ
12th-January-2004, 05:42 PM
... brings us back to Hipsters being unfashionable!!

Not only that but begs the question are they really in or do they just think they are in?!?!?!?!?

Dance Demon
12th-January-2004, 06:36 PM
Well.......certainly a lot of our London friends think they are ......:wink: :wink:.......................am I getting warm CJ?..

Heather
13th-January-2004, 12:19 AM
:D Must admit I don't like hipsters.Personally, I much prefer the kind of trousers that Simon Cowell wears, you know the ones up to the waist. Of course it's very difficult to get trousers in shops these days that are NOT hipsters, that's why I have taken to making my own .
Of course I much prefer to see a Scotsman wearing a KILT!!!!!:drool:

:kiss: :hug:
Heather.

Hipsters are definitely NOT cool!!

Emma
13th-January-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Heather
Of course I much prefer to see a Scotsman wearing a KILT Ooh, I think that goes without saying, Heather :cheers:

Heather
13th-January-2004, 12:40 AM
Ooh, I think that goes without saying, Heather :cheers:

Great minds thinks alike!!!:wink: Even MAd ones!!

:hug:
Heather,
X

Dan Hudson
13th-January-2004, 09:42 AM
I think the problem with Hipster's is they THINK they are THE trousers to be seen in..

When really they are becoming mighty unfashionable.. especially in London!:waycool:

Bill
13th-January-2004, 10:54 AM
and then again though very popular Hipsters can be very over-rated ....can't they ???????????:D

fruitcake
13th-January-2004, 12:45 PM
:wink:
Hipsters look great on 16 yr old sticks, or Shakira and the like, I really really like them, probably cos my backside and hips are too big to wear them, but yeah, a lot of trousers, jeans etc to seem to be in the hipster style, so I do have a couple of pairs, but have to wear BIG baggy jumpers over them!!
Of course my daughter wears them, and the fashion seems to be to let ALL the puppy fat hang out the sides and front- but she thinks she looks nice(:sick: ).

Lynn
13th-January-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by fruitcake
:wink:
Hipsters look great on 16 yr old sticks, or Shakira and the like, I really really like them, probably cos my backside and hips are too big to wear them, but yeah, a lot of trousers, jeans etc to seem to be in the hipster style, so I do have a couple of pairs, but have to wear BIG baggy jumpers over them!!
Of course my daughter wears them, and the fashion seems to be to let ALL the puppy fat hang out the sides and front- but she thinks she looks nice(:sick: ).
Ideal build for them seems to be flat, toned stomach with curvy behind (or else you get a big gap at the back!). Now realistically how many women (who don't live in Hollywood and have personal trainers) are like that? (Not me!)

I like them in the summer with cropped tops but my tummy gets cold in the winter. :waycool:

Boomer
13th-January-2004, 02:07 PM
Hipsters? Me, I'm a lederhausen kind''a'guy, bring my legs up a treat, oh slap my thighs :waycool: I quite like hipsters personally, but only when the wearer actually has hips, otherwise the image just reminds me of a leg, on its own...with one stocking...thats a bit saggy....kind of like Norah BAtty when I think about it. Why I should think about Norrah Batty I have no idea :what:

Bill
13th-January-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Why I should think about Norrah Batty I have no idea :what:

Well, well............you tell us. A secret passion perhaps lain dormant all these years. Norah as a sex symbol :rolleyes: :sick: maybe you watched too many episodes of LOTSW. Norah in hipsters................what a thought :what:

Stuart M
13th-January-2004, 02:40 PM
Norah in hipsters................what a thought :what:
Oi! Just digesting my lunch here... :sick:

CJ
13th-January-2004, 03:40 PM
Norah in hipsters................what a thought :what:

would she be self obsessed enough to fit??:wink:

Dan Hudson
13th-January-2004, 03:45 PM
I think, judging by the others seen in hipsters.. she will fit well:devil: :really:

Bill
13th-January-2004, 03:48 PM
would she be self obsessed enough to fit??:wink:

doubt it very much.........even with Copmo breathing down her neck.

re the comments made about 'puppuy fat' hanging out................. was walking along the corridor a few minutes ago and a young studnet on the larger size bent over to pick something up to reveal not a thing strip of material but a thick padded rim attached to the thong. The top looked almost like a belt when she stood up so was clearly meant to be over her trousers. Very attractive :sick: :rolleyes:

CJ
13th-January-2004, 03:54 PM
it seemed for so long they were catching up with society but seem to be slightly behind here...

It's a shame, really.:na:

Twinkle Toes
13th-January-2004, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Never before has something so small occupied so many for so long...................:D :D

... but CJ, you told me it reached your knees or covered your belly button .... depending on how you were feeling .... or was that who you were feeling !!!:devil:

TT x

Bill
14th-January-2004, 11:19 AM
it seemed for so long they were catching up with society but seem to be slightly behind here...

It's a shame, really.:na:

Oh I don't know. Being behind has a number of advantages don't you think. Sometimes it's better than being in front :D

Chicklet
14th-January-2004, 12:05 PM
re the comments made about 'puppuy fat' hanging out................. was walking along the corridor a few minutes ago and a young studnet on the larger size bent over to pick something up to reveal not a thing strip of material but a thick padded rim attached to the thong. The top looked almost like a belt when she stood up so was clearly meant to be over her trousers. Very attractive :sick: :rolleyes:

I'm no expert BUT, this sounds like it might actually have been a "control thong". One can purchase items that are very small in the er undercarriage but rather er, restrictive in the er, upper.

You'd have to post a piccie for us to be sure.:D :eek:

Stuart M
14th-January-2004, 12:10 PM
Maybe she was just trying to appeal to the average Aberdonian male, who no doubt appreciates a sturdy grip whilst engaged in a bit of the old ewe-know-what :D

Aw come on, it's ages since we had a sh**psh*gg**s joke! :na:

Bill
14th-January-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
I'm no expert BUT, this sounds like it might actually have been a "control thong". One can purchase items that are very small in the er undercarriage but rather er, restrictive in the er, upper.

You'd have to post a piccie for us to be sure.:D :eek:

I'd rather not...........it was not an attractive image and I wouldn't want to repeat the experience. :rolleyes: :na:

Bill
14th-January-2004, 01:11 PM
Maybe she was just trying to appeal to the average Aberdonian male, who no doubt appreciates a sturdy grip whilst engaged in a bit of the old ewe-know-what :D

Aw come on, it's ages since we had a sh**psh*gg**s joke! :na:

Well it would certianly have given someone a good hold if required. And neither have I ever found a sheep attractive. I don't eat meat ..............but I know people who do :wink: :na:

Sheepman
14th-January-2004, 01:19 PM
it's ages since we had a sh**psh*gg**s joke! :na: Should that be **gg**s ?

Tried my Hipsters last night, you're right, it's unfashionable, so much so I almost had space to dance! Fab. Will try again tonight.
Am I getting confused over my threads here? :confused:

Greg

Pammy
14th-January-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman

We'd only start to worry about you if you WASN'T getting confused honey :wink: :hug:

Lory
14th-January-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
Should that be **gg**s ?

Tried my Hipsters last night, you're right, it's unfashionable, so much so I almost had space to dance! Fab. Will try again tonight.

Greg
Your hipsters were a little loose round the Hips huh? Lucky you! a rare sight!:rofl:

Mine were feeling a little worn out round the knees, (after a mad weekend) so I decided to let them have a night off but I shall be back to being as unfashionable as ever and wearing them again next Tuesday!:wink: :waycool:

bobgadjet
15th-January-2004, 01:25 AM
The problem with hipsters must be that a lot of those who wear them don't have mirrors.
That MUST be why so many look SOOOOOO bad in them.

Whoever said that one must have the yummy tummy (flat) and too little around the middle to hang over is on the right road about Hipsters.

Fashionable, well, to some I suppose, but the wearer HAS to have the right figure as far as I am concerned, and they are few and far to be seen. Never mind, I suppose I could always imagine.

Pammy
15th-January-2004, 10:16 AM
I don't know about his Hipsters, but Andy M's Hips were certainly as sharp and swaying as ever.

As for Greg's.. ... ..... No comment :wink:

Pamster
x

Sheepman
15th-January-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
As for Greg's.. ... ..... No comment :wink: For that I thank you :wink:

Who cares if they're un-hip or hip, the hipsters at Hipster's looked hippier than hip last night, 'cos as ever all the women there are gorgeously hippy, (even if some are a bit mad :what: ).
Can't speak for the men though, even if some of them were dancing together hip to hip, cheek to cheek.

Greg

Pammy
15th-January-2004, 03:31 PM
Hip Hip Hoorrrray! :grin:

Don't know what I'm hipping about. I can't even wear Hipsters :tears: , which is a pain. My waist is disproportionately smaller than my hips so I cannot buy trousers off the shelf full-stop (just ask Andy McGregor about my wiggly problem :blush: )

Pammy
15th-January-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
I quite like hipsters personally,

Rubbish; you only wear trousers that enhance the outline of your pull on elasticated slipper boots. Oh stop it, the images are too traumatic :tears: :tears: :tears:

:rofl: