PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the good men ?

stewart38
9th-January-2004, 05:43 PM
A female ceroc friend who is not on this forum (hasn't the time she says) said the following re Windor ceroc

"Love life crap - non-existent, and last Wed all old men asked me for dances and horrible. So fed up! "

Is this a new thing ? (she is 30) :confused:

Aleks
9th-January-2004, 06:12 PM
Wouldn't that depend on why she attends this venue....?

Most male dancers in Edinburgh/Scotland are older than me (until next Fri I am the same age as your friend) but I still have a fabulous time.

I could lend her azande - he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he's a lovely gentle dancer (and he's under 35!).

Simon r
9th-January-2004, 06:18 PM
I was there on wednesday i was practicing but she only has to ask I know of three or four others that were there. why dont ladies come and ask anymore:kiss:
who they scared of I always get your to good to ask but thats crap we all want to dance with new people:wink:
I thought that was the idea of social dancing:cheers:

Tiggerbabe
9th-January-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
I could lend her azande - he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he's a lovely gentle dancer (and he's under 35!).
Don't you dare!!!!!!!! We need to keep Azande here thankyou :wink: :D

Dance Demon
9th-January-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
(until next Fri I am the same age as your friend) but I still have a fabulous time.

wow Aleks....is it really a year since your fab 30th party?.....
:what:
Anyway...who wouldn't have a great time dancing with you....:hug: :hug:

Neil
10th-January-2004, 03:30 AM
I'm here.

Tiggerbabe
10th-January-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by stewart38
A female ceroc friend ......../snip/........said the following re Windor ceroc

"Love life crap - non-existent, and last Wed all old men asked me for dances and horrible. So fed up! "

Am sorely tempted to just answer "no" - you get shallow, rude people, like your friend, at every venue once in a while"

and what does it mean - "asked me for dances and horrible?" They were horrible dances or they were horrible old men or it was horrible that old men asked her to dance?

And what's old - 32,38,41,50,60,75?

Originally posted by Simon r
I was there on wednesday i was practicing but she only has to ask ......./snip/.....we all want to dance with new people
Does your friend ever ask men to dance?

Originally posted by Neil
I'm here
Great reply Neil - but "here" is too far from Scotland - when are you coming up to the Beach Ballroom?

Stewart, if your friend looks as grumpy and critical, as your quote from her suggests, then I'm not sure I'd ask her to dance either.

At every venue I go to I get asked to dance by men who are older than me (and yes Graham, they do exist :wink: ) and have a wonderful time dancing with them, as wonderful as I do dancing with younger men and men of exactly the same age.
I also ask people to dance - I'm not gonna sit out if there's a great record playing :blush:

I'm sure there are lots of fabulous men at Ceroc Windsor - in fact, that should be our mission now girls - to get down there and show Stewart's friend how wrong she is :wink:

Simon - directions and details please :waycool:

Jive Brummie
10th-January-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Sheena

Does your friend ever ask men to dance?

Have to agree with Sheena on this one. It's not just men that can ask women to dance. And in fairness most women just do ask.
But it's not right, Stewart, for your friend to moan about not getting any 'good' dances if she's not willing to put in some effort to find them herself. I know of many good men out there that would be glad of a dance, but not if they were described as old and horrible.........

fruitcake
10th-January-2004, 01:38 PM
A female ceroc friend who is not on this forum (hasn't the time she says) said the following re Windor ceroc

Well, I had the same problem when I first started, yes I was honoured to be asked to dance by anyone, and grateful, but after a few weeks I fancied some variety, now I just GRAB men,all ages as they come off the dance floor:devil:
So my own advice would be...don't wait to be asked, walk on the dance floor as the dance finishes and grab whoever you want, but don't leave the older gents out, they would like to dance with all ages too!:waycool:
Fruitcake

Lynn
10th-January-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by fruitcake
So my own advice would be...don't wait to be asked, walk on the dance floor as the dance finishes and grab whoever you want, but don't leave the older gents out, they would like to dance with all ages too!:waycool:
Fruitcake

Our class here is still small enough that its easy to get to know folk and just ask them up, but last Nov I was in London and didn't know many. My friend said I would get asked up for more dances than her, but I didn't think so as she is prettier. But I was - I think for the simple reason that I stood at the edge of the dance floor smiling and she went and sat down behind a table.

On the age thing, if you are going to try and find romance then I suppose you might want partners closer to your own age, but if you are going to dance, then surely the age doesn't matter. :confused: If you are there to dance then I think a smile and genuine enjoyment of the dance are more important than when a guy was born.:hug:

fruitcake
10th-January-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Lynn

On the age thing, if you are going to try and find romance then I suppose you might want partners closer to your own age, but if you are going to dance, then surely the age doesn't matter. :confused: If you are there to dance then I think a smile and genuine enjoyment of the dance are more important than when a guy was born.:hug:

I agree, but if someone is looking for romance, and that is the sole reason she is there, she may not find it, shame, but flirtations can be nice, of any age, and have fun too.
I sometimes ask people who are complete strangers-how else do you get to know them, and men can be shy too, of any age.
:cheers:
Fruitcake

Heather
10th-January-2004, 03:20 PM
I reckon you two have hit the nail on the head - the lady in question has just stated that her'love life was crap' .
Well she's not the only one in THAT particular boat, but if the ONLY reason she is going along to Ceroc is to find romance then she's wasting her time and there under false pretences.
Maybe the lady in question needs to lighten up a little bit and see the dances with 'older' men for what they are - JUST DANCES!!!! I dance with older and youger men all the time, I certainly ain't kidding myself on, that one day I'll find the perfect man of my dreams at Ceroc, but I certainly intend to enjoy every minute of my evening dancing and meeting lots of male and female friends.
:kiss: :hug:
PS. Sorry your friend has such a pessimistic view of dancing, it's not the be all and end all to have a man in your life, sometimes they are more bother than they are worth:wink: :rofl:

fruitcake
10th-January-2004, 04:03 PM
Sorry, cannae resist replying to this one, I would not go as far as to say men are sometimes more bother than they are worth....i have to say BOYFRIENDS are extremely hard work for me, but thats just me!Men as friends and dancing partners are GREAT.
But as I've previously mentioned, my philosophy would change if Brad Pitt turns up....sorry(hippocrite):devil:
Fruitcake

Neil
11th-January-2004, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
but "here" is too far from Scotland - when are you coming up to the Beach Ballroom? I'll make a big effort to get to the one next month, after failing to turn up to the last one :(

Neil

Jon
11th-January-2004, 11:37 AM
As with anything romance can strike at anytime where ever you are. So it could happen at a ceroc venue but as they say if you look for it you won't find it.

I too am in the same boat of wanting to meet people my own age or younger for a relationship but at most venues the majority of people tend to be older. But I also love dancing and go to venues to dance, have fun and make friends with people of any age. If one day she walks in then it's fate.

Jon
11th-January-2004, 11:42 AM
Just had a thought given the number of people registered on the forum, prehaps this website could be expanded to allow people to search for other people looking for:

Dance Partners or Dating Partners.

fruitcake
11th-January-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Jon
Just had a thought given the number of people registered on the forum, prehaps this website could be expanded to allow people to search for other people looking for:

Dance Partners or Dating Partners.

That is such a cool idea, ceroc singles chat room might be a good idea ,I personally would like Brad Pitt to be my plaything....!!!!:devil: ( wonder if he does ceroc?)Fruitcake:drool:

Neil
11th-January-2004, 02:22 PM
I personally would like Brad Pitt to be my plaything....!!!! ( wonder if he does ceroc?) Strangely enough, he came to a Nottingham freestyle once. He was complete rubbish. Couldn't even do an arm jive properly. All the women went right off him.

Neil

fruitcake
11th-January-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Strangely enough, he came to a Nottingham freestyle once. He was complete rubbish. Couldn't even do an arm jive properly. All the women went right off him.

Neil

Well, Neil, ALL men require SOME training, we can't expect Brad to be any different,but I will take that task on myself, honestly, no problem......:drool:

Neil
11th-January-2004, 03:18 PM
ALL men require SOME training, we can't expect Brad to be any different,but I will take that task on myself, honestly, no problem OK, next time I see my mate Brad I'll tell him you've volunteered to give him some intensive one-on-one tuition. Very noble of you :devil:

Neil

fruitcake
11th-January-2004, 05:32 PM
:devil: :devil: Ooh Matron!!:devil: :devil:

stewart38
12th-January-2004, 01:03 PM
I was there on wednesday i was practicing but she only has to ask I know of three or four others that were there. why dont ladies come and ask anymore:kiss:
who they scared of I always get your to good to ask but thats crap we all want to dance with new people:wink:
I thought that was the idea of social dancing:cheers:

Thats the thing she doesn't ask (or only very rarely, she has been dancing 4 or 5 yrs)

Those who go to Windsor would know her

I think her comment was more post christmas blues she is a lovely girl but wasn't interested in me when I was single :tears:

ps whats wrong with going to ceroc looking for love ?

fruitcake
12th-January-2004, 01:15 PM
ps whats wrong with going to ceroc looking for love ?
Absolutely nothing wrong with it, as long as its not the only reason for going,one might feel disappointed, rejected,etc.
as someone said in an earlier thread that should it come unexpectedly it would be nice.
It is also nice to meet peoplewithout the pressure of trying to find romance.:nice:

Simon r
12th-January-2004, 03:21 PM
i'll be there this wednesday straight off the m4 at slough windsor head for windsor come off the first slip road marked windsor town centre the leisure centre is on the left on this road YOU CAN NOT MISS IT.....:confused:
And please just ask look forward to seeing you there simon:kiss:

CJ
12th-January-2004, 03:27 PM
interested in me when I was single :tears:

Ahh, the good old days, before you cloned yourself!!

Dreadful Scathe
12th-January-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Ahh, the good old days, before you cloned yourself!!

Franck change Stewart38 nickname to 'Dolly' right away :)

stewart38
12th-January-2004, 04:02 PM
i'll be there this wednesday straight off the m4 at slough windsor head for windsor come off the first slip road marked windsor town centre the leisure centre is on the left on this road YOU CAN NOT MISS IT.....:confused:
And please just ask look forward to seeing you there simon:kiss:

Dolly doesn't want to meet Simon R but I'll mention you to my 'friend' perhaps you dance with her anyway ?

She has got 'desperately single' stamped on her forehead :sick:

Simon r
12th-January-2004, 04:13 PM
Hey i am not after a date just replying to a thread:eek:

CJ
12th-January-2004, 04:38 PM
... it's all inextricably (note that one DS!!) linked...:what: :confused:

Mary
12th-January-2004, 04:57 PM

She has got 'desperately single' stamped on her forehead :sick:

I reckon this is usually half the problem when looking for 'lurve'.

I had just got out of a sticky relationship (well, divorce actually), and had just come to terms with the prospect of being single for the rest of my life. I was quite happy making the most of the good bits of being single and I was having a ball, when Tony suddenly turned up - doh! I'm sure the only reason we got together is because he was the only one who laughed at my jokes!!

The bottome line (IMO) is if you look like you're having fun then you will be dancing lots, whether it's you or other people who do the asking. You will 'draw' people to you. If you're miserable or hung up, then you will repel people, and it becomes harder to ask people to dance. Simple - do not look for romance, look for fun.

Well, that's my theory anyway.

M

stewart38
12th-January-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Mary

The bottome line (IMO) is if you look like you're having fun then you will be dancing lots, whether it's you or other people who do the asking. You will 'draw' people to you. If you're miserable or hung up, then you will repel people, and it becomes harder to ask people to dance. Simple - do not look for romance, look for fun.

M

I've told her wearing a wedding dress is not always best :what:

Bill
12th-January-2004, 05:07 PM
and men can be shy too, of any age.
:cheers:
Fruitcake

Yes we can..................:innocent: :wink: nice to know I'd be considered as an 'old man' in some clubs :sick: ..............but as we've all said the greta thing about Ceroc is that we enjoy dancing with people of all ages.

If folk are looking for romance are they coming to the right place ?

But if she wwas in Aberdeen I'd still ask her to dance ( as would most of the other men there) :D

Mary
12th-January-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Bill

But if she wwas in Aberdeen I'd still ask her to dance ( as would most of the other men there) :D

Does this mean that Aberdonian men are less shy than other men. Mmmm. Can't wait til Feb.
:drool:

M

fruitcake
12th-January-2004, 05:11 PM

M

Great theory Mary,
I am single, and if LURVE popped up I would be thrilled,but aint lookin for it just now. I do think non-verbal communication or body language says an awful lot about you,so stewarts friend probably needs to 'pretend' she is having a great time and that she wants to dance with everybody,look happy, smile at people,not sit at a table but stand without a drink,(body language says those things are barriers-defences up!).
Though it is difficult if you are single and all your friends are married and in relationships. I am lucky to have friends who will go out with me including the ones in relationships, and because I'm not looking for romance(until Brad splits with Jennifer anyway) I don't feel under pressure to meet someone.
Therefore I have more fun, give out more positive signals.
If all else fails,......get a cat!
Fruity:na:

Dreadful Scathe
12th-January-2004, 05:14 PM
I've told her wearing a wedding dress is not always best :what:

thats WAY funnier than any of the jokes you post on the jokes thread :)

Mary
12th-January-2004, 05:15 PM
Great theory Mary,

I'm not looking for romance(until Brad splits with Jennifer anyway) I don't feel under pressure to meet someone.

I wouldn't bother with Brad - I hear he's a rotten kisser!!!

Cat's can be fickle too.:wink:

M

Bill
12th-January-2004, 05:27 PM
Does this mean that Aberdonian men are less shy than other men. Mmmm. Can't wait til Feb.
:drool:

M

Actually we are all very very shy but try to be friendly to visitors :na: :wink:

Bill
12th-January-2004, 05:29 PM

M

Agree here as well Mary and said exactly this on another thread. If you look aorund for someone to dance with and a woman is sitting and looks miserable or not very happy I'd assume she didn't want to dance and look for someone who looked as if they were keen to dance and having fun.

stewart38
12th-January-2004, 05:31 PM
Great theory Mary,
I am single, and if LURVE popped up I would be thrilled,but aint lookin for it just now. I do think non-verbal communication or body language says an awful lot about you,so stewarts friend probably needs to 'pretend' she is having a great time and that she wants to dance with everybody,look happy, smile at people,not sit at a table but stand without a drink,(body language says those things are barriers-defences up!).
Though it is difficult if you are single and all your friends are married and in relationships. I am lucky to have friends who will go out with me including the ones in relationships, and because I'm not looking for romance(until Brad splits with Jennifer anyway) I don't feel under pressure to meet someone.
Therefore I have more fun, give out more positive signals.

I think this is true for men and women

Could start another thread on this

bigdjiver
12th-January-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Bill
Agree here as well Mary and said exactly this on another thread. If you look aorund for someone to dance with and a woman is sitting and looks miserable or not very happy I'd assume she didn't want to dance and look for someone who looked as if they were keen to dance and having fun.

That is generally true, but, perverse as ever, I have been known to look for the most miserable looking woman in the room and try and make her smile. A few of my best moments have been when the lady was miserable for a good reason, and yet I have made her laugh. To be fair, some remain just as miserable. :tears:

DangerousCurves
12th-January-2004, 07:23 PM
I actually think one of the nice things about MJ is that its NOT an overt "Singles" activity! So you can dance with anyone without it meaning anything more than you you have a shared love of dance.

Just think how horrid and restrictive it would be if asking someone to dance automatically meant that you fancied them!!! :what:

It would be like being back at the school disco.....:sick: