PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Jewellery

Andy McGregor
9th-January-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by stewart38
So if we also take six changes of tea shirts a towel we only need a bucket and spade and we would be there !

Seriously sharp nails from the ladies can be a problem particulary when they hold on too tight

I've never really found sharp nails a problem. But I have found sharp jewellery unpleasant and, worst of all, loose jewellery. Once you've got your finger under a loose fitting bracelet or ring you feel like you're losing your finger when they spin:tears:

I've always carried plasters in my dance bag. I've never needed them for my hands but occasionally for my feet when I'm breaking in new shoes. Plus I've given plasters to grateful women on many occasions.

Nick M
9th-January-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
Once you've got your finger under a loose fitting bracelet or ring you feel like you're losing your finger when they spin:tears:

I've always carried plasters in my dance bag. I've never needed them for my hands

The only time Ive needed a plaster to staunch the flow of blood, was after losing half a finger nail to a loose-fitting ring

ChrisA
9th-January-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Nick M
The only time Ive needed a plaster to staunch the flow of blood, was after losing half a finger nail to a loose-fitting ring
I've been sliced a couple of times by rings.

Now if I get even the slightest scratch from someone's ring I'll usually grin and say something like "that ring's pretty lethal you know". It must be my winning manner :waycool: , since the ladies are usually quite receptive.

I do love dancing with the ladies who wear no rings with stones in, no bracelets and no watches, though - it's much more relaxing.

Chris

DangerousCurves
9th-January-2004, 01:06 PM
I've given plasters to grateful women on many occasions.

:what:

Andy, what are you doing to all these women that they need plasters after dancing with you???

Hmmm ... friction burns maybe :devil:

Andy McGregor
9th-January-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by DangerousCurves
:what:

Andy, what are you doing to all these women that they need plasters after dancing with you???

Hmmm ... friction burns maybe :devil:

I observe them sitting down, rubbing their feet and looking in pain. I regard this a an unreasonable excuse for not dancing with me, so I give them plasters:waycool:

Emma
9th-January-2004, 04:57 PM
I've never really found sharp nails a problem. But I have found sharp jewellery unpleasant and, worst of all, loose jewellery. Once you've got your finger under a loose fitting bracelet or ring you feel like you're losing your finger when they spin:tears:
I've been gouged once or twice by fellas with sharp nails....ouch!

xSalsa_Angelx
9th-January-2004, 05:46 PM
This brings me to another thought :confused:

I myself wear quite a few rings on my hands, and sometimes get guys that try and yank the rings off my hand, and it is rather annoying.

Its not the female's fault for wearing rings, it is the guy's fault for gripping wrong. my rings do not need holding in place on my hand, some men hold the females hand up too high, which catches the rings.!!

but back to the thread, being a female and never played the man's part I can say that I have never had sharp jewellery a problem :D

Appologies in advance if I sounded horrible, not what I intended, but was just putting a point across from personal experience.

Tazmanian Devil
9th-January-2004, 06:13 PM
I have been attacked by sharp jewlrey a couple of times when dancing the mens moves. Personally I take my jewlrey off when I'm dancing, except my 2 plain rings saves it getting broken mid dance :wink:

DangerousCurves
9th-January-2004, 06:15 PM
I regard this a an unreasonable excuse for not dancing with me, so I give them plasters:waycool:

In the bribery stakes, I much prefer chocolate.... hint hint :wink:

But if plasters do it for you, I 'll have a couple on hand next time we meet to see if I can secure myself a dance with ol' wiggle hips!

Jon
10th-January-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Emma
I've been gouged once or twice by fellas with sharp nails....ouch!

Not nice Em.

I've been scratched by a diamond ring :what:

Simon r
10th-January-2004, 12:51 PM
I got scratched on the face by a girl dancing with someone else and decided to fling her arm out caught me smack in the chops:tears:
she was really nice afterwards but didnt half sting

fruitcake
10th-January-2004, 12:54 PM
:devil:
Well andy, if you provide plasters for ladies with sore feet, praps you could give them a quick foot massage also,I could really do with that after a few dances, or need to wear shorter heels!!:wink:
As for jewellry, i humbly apologise to anyone i have scratched, I was vaguely aware i scratched someone one, and said sorry, but wore the same ring last time, and scratched Trampy last week, but of course he is too much of a gent to complain, then he told me later that someone had left a scratch on his neck-forgetting it was me, so on Thursdday I didnt wear any rings, but feeling naked without my jewllery i put a bangle on instead-and the catch caught on someones jumper mid-ceroc-so thats it form now on, nail varnish and lippy only!
Fruitcake:cheers:

Nick M
10th-January-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by fruitcake
so that's it from now on, nail varnish and lippy only!
Fruitcake:cheers:

Hmmmm - interesting mental picture

fruitcake
10th-January-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Nick M
Hmmmm - interesting mental picture

I would be more inclined to say horrific!!!!:rofl:

Jon
11th-January-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Simon r
I got scratched on the face by a girl dancing with someone else and decided to fling her arm out caught me smack in the chops:tears:
she was really nice afterwards but didnt half sting

A friend of mine 'Jody' once did a spin and forgot to tuck her arm in (at least I hope she forgot :what: ), result being a very hard slap on my cheek that stung for a while. She was ever so appologetic at the time.

Tazmanian Devil
11th-January-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Jon
A friend of mine 'Jody' once did a spin and forgot to tuck her arm in (at least I hope she forgot :what: ), result being a very hard slap on my cheek that stung for a while. She was ever so appologetic at the time.

No dear I don't think she did forget:devil: And she only appologised so you didn't get toooo upset :rofl: :devil: :rofl:

Jon
12th-January-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Tazmanian Devil
No dear I don't think she did forget:devil: And she only appologised so you didn't get toooo upset :rofl: :devil: :rofl:
Ah, that'll be why she wouldn't kiss it better then! :wink::rofl: