PDA

View Full Version : [Kingdomofdance] Have you heard about Kingdom Of Dance ?

Dreadful Scathe
8th-January-2004, 09:47 PM
Kings of Spam ?

Anyone else get a spam email from Kingdom of Dance? not a website (http://www.kingdomofdance.co.uk/) I'd heard of before...until I got the spam.

Annoyingly the return address of Jiveuk@aol.com looks like it may forward back to the email list and therefore back out to everyone on the list - as I received 4 extra spams from people asking to get taken off the list :D.

spam spam spam spam

Lounge Lizard
9th-January-2004, 10:08 AM
yup and Emails from others getting spam via my Emai address [from a computer that has not logged on for over a week]
peter

foxylady
9th-January-2004, 10:58 AM
re the Kingdom of dance website - isn't this another incarnation of a previous shoe seller (who comes to the camber events etc) - I seem to remember a previous post about it, but haven't been able to track it down

Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
yup and Emails from others getting spam via my Emai address [from a computer that has not logged on for over a week]
peter

However this sounds like the bugbear virus rearing its head - esepcially if you've not been logged on for a week - I'd investigate if I were you.....

Sarah B
9th-January-2004, 11:01 AM
From what I understand Kingdom of Dance is just the new name for Boogie steps, the shoe company.

Dont know the full story but assume that they are just trading under a different name now???

Lounge Lizard
9th-January-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by foxylady
re the Kingdom of dance website - isn't this another incarnation of a previous shoe seller (who comes to the camber events etc) - I seem to remember a previous post about it, but haven't been able to track it down

However this sounds like the bugbear virus rearing its head - esepcially if you've not been logged on for a week - I'd investigate if I were you..... How?
I re-formated both computers (Work & dance) over christmas, spent ages getting them to work!!! loaded all updates from norton etc THEN registered Email account
could it be someone using my Email address from a dance index site - if so what can I do?
Bloody computers:reallymad
Any advice/help is appreciated
peter

Dreadful Scathe
9th-January-2004, 11:44 AM
update

from annoying kingdomofdance people
To: <kingdomofdance@jivelists.co.uk>
CC:
Subject: RE: [Kingdomofdance] You have a problem
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 23:16:58 -0000

Dear all,

Thank you for you continued patience with this new list, it should have been configured as an “announcement only” list and wasn’t – this has now been fixed so you should only receive messages from myself (technical admin) or Dave Martin (list manager).

You should only have been subscribed to this list if you once signed on to a “Boogie Steps” list – Kingdom of Dance is the new name for Boogie Steps.

If you wish to unsubscribe please visit the page http://jivelists.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/kingdomofdance

If you have any problems with that page please contact me directly by email (though I will be away next week but will deal with any issues as soon as I get back).

Warmest Regards,

Ian Rogers.

http://www.ianrogers.net

So there you go, an explanation from the notverytechnical manager. Its still spam, signing up for one website doesnt mean you want to sign up for another - or does it ?

Andy McGregor
9th-January-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
update

So there you go, an explanation from the notverytechnical manager. Its still spam, signing up for one website doesnt mean you want to sign up for another - or does it ?

When you give your details you're sometimes asked if you'd be interested in receiving details of 'interesting/related' products from other companies.

p.s. I thought Boogie Steps was a great name. Kingdom of Dance doesn't say the same thing to me at all.

xSalsa_Angelx
9th-January-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor

p.s. I thought Boogie Steps was a great name. Kingdom of Dance doesn't say the same thing to me at all.

Nope I don't think so either, sounds more like a name for Irish dancing. like Lord of the Dance.

Mary
9th-January-2004, 01:32 PM
Have to agree that "Kingdom of Dance" is a bit of a naff name. However, perhaps, because David and Annalisa are no longer together, if it was a business partnership maybe David was obliged to change the name and register as a new company? Shame because I liked the name "boogie Steps".

C'est la vie.

M

Andy McGregor
9th-January-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Mary
Have to agree that "Kingdom of Dance" is a bit of a naff name. However, perhaps, because David and Annalisa are no longer together, if it was a business partnership maybe David was obliged to change the name and register as a new company? Shame because I liked the name "boogie Steps".

C'est la vie.

M

Whatever the reason we now have a good name going begging. How about renaming MJ and calling it Boogie Step? We could then ask people in night clubs 'do you boogie step or or do you muggle?'

CJ
9th-January-2004, 04:49 PM
If they don't, well everyone should know that Fife is THE Kingdom of Dance!!:D :D

nessie2611
9th-January-2004, 10:16 PM
I haven't posted for a while but thought you might all be interested to know the facts about Kingdom of Dance and Boogiesteps.

As a previous employee of Boogiesteps (no doubt many of you will have seen Alf and Myself at venues selling shoes over the last few months or so) and now an employee of Kingdom of Dance here is how it is.

As you all know Dave and Annalisa split up and this caused a number of problems for Dave and the shoe business. Due to this, Dave was left with the decision to throw in the towel altogether and close completely or to close the business as it was and re-open a new business. As many of you have bought shoes at venues I think you will agree that it is very convenient to be able to have the shoes come to you rather than hunting them down yourself. So hence the business Kingdom of Dance.

I appreciate many of the comments about the new name, but due to legal problems the old name can no longer be used. Kingdom of Dance provides dance shoes and dance wear to many forms of dance not just modern jive so the title Kingdom of Dance is appropriate for this service.

I might also add, that there has been a minor problem with the setting up of the mailing list so if any of you have experienced problems be assured that it has now been sorted out. The mailing list is a good way of informing you of any products, goods, workshops or other events that might be coming up so if you were on the original mailing list you will automatically have been included in the new one.

We hope this clears up any misunderstandings and if any of you happen to see us at any of the venues please come and say hi and introduce yourselves. If you want any more information please PM me and I will try to answer any questions.

Dreadful Scathe
11th-January-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by nessie2611
Ithe facts

nice to get facts now and again :) Noticed how i managed to give you free advertising by complaining about your email, its no trouble.

In fact I need a new pair of shoes before Blackpool competition :) - lets go to the KINGDOOOOM oooff DAAANCE.

sorry
:rolleyes:

Dreadful Scathe
11th-January-2004, 11:34 PM
of course - if Kingdom of Dance have no rights to the name Boogiesteps anymore , they may want to remove the question Where did you hear about BoogieSteps? from the customer information page . :D

Heather
12th-January-2004, 12:11 AM
:D I thought Dundee WAS the Kingdom of Dance !!!!:wink:

RobC
12th-January-2004, 01:47 AM
I too have been hit with spam from Kingdom of Dance. Working in the IT sector, I take spam very seriously, especially since the law changed last december.

For anyone who is interested, there is a summary of the spam law changes here (http://www.wiredsafety.org/gb/law/spam/) with a link at the bottom for anyone who want to make a complaint about spam in the UK.

I have written to both David and Ian (the chap who setup the list for David) and while Ian has been very helpful and forthcoming - Ian told me that he only setup the list, all the addresses were uploaded by David - David is yet to reply to my email asking how he came by my email address and why he added it to his mailing list without my permission.

In my interpretation of the new spam laws, a uk company may only send communications by email if the recipient has opted-in, or they are a previous customer - I have neither opted-in or have previously done business with Kingdom of Dance or Boogie Steps, so in my opinion, not only are K.O.D a nuisance, but they are also law-breakers. :devil:

Rob

Tiggerbabe
12th-January-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Heather
:D I thought Dundee WAS the Kingdom of Dance !!!!:wink:
NO, Heather, IS :wink: :wink: