PDA

View Full Version : Special coach from Aberdeen (via Dundee) to the Scottish Competition

Franck
20th-August-2002, 03:33 PM
Following discussions about difficulties travelling from Aberdeen for the Scottish Competition on the 20th October, and especially being back on time for work on the Monday morning, I am organizing a coach for anyone interested.
The coach will leave Aberdeen at 8.30am (time still to be confirmed) on the Sunday morning, stop in Dundee (on the Kings road somewhere maybe?) to pick up any Dundonians wanting a lift and take everyone to Musselburgh just in time for the Champs.
At the end of the day, the coach will leave from outside the hall at 0.30am and make its way back to Aberdeen (expect to be home at about 3.00am).

I am currently trying to find out how many people would be interested so I can plan the right size of bus... The cost should be about £25.00 from Aberdeen and £15.00 from Dundee per person or less.

email or PM me to let me have your thoughts or post other suggestions on this thread...

Franck.

filthycute
20th-August-2002, 03:40 PM
are there any hotels nearby? i'd really like to stay over on the saturday night. would be cool to get a few people all in the same hotel :D

filthycute x x

Franck
20th-August-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by filthycute
are there any hotels nearby? i'd really like to stay over on the saturday night. would be cool to get a few people all in the same hotel :D Since the pre Comp. party will be in Edinburgh, it might be better to all stay in Edinburgh and organize travel (lifts) on the Sunday morning... There are a couple of Travelodges in Edinburgh, one of which is round the corner from Marco's...

Franck.

Tiggerbabe
20th-August-2002, 10:28 PM
I've already sorted out my arrangements for the weekend which presumably will not include much sleep and booked the Monday holiday to recover...............

however, if you're planning to pick Dundee people up on way Franck then I presume you mean on the Kingsway - would make a lot more sense..................(God, she's so picky :mad: )

No excuses now Bill, you can get the bus home and sleep on the way, arriving back in Aberdeen as fresh as a daisy and ready for action.:yum: :yum:

filthycute
20th-August-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Since the pre Comp. party will be in Edinburgh, it might be better to all stay in Edinburgh and organize travel (lifts) on the Sunday morning... There are a couple of Travelodges in Edinburgh, one of which is round the corner from Marco's...

Franck.

ok show of hands, who's all staying over??
Franck you count heads and i'll get the phone number :D

filthycute x x

Sherwin
20th-August-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by filthycute

ok show of hands, who's all staying over??
Franck you count heads and i'll get the phone number :D

filthycute x x
The idea of staying over in Edinburgh sounds great - it means that i can have a few :cheers:, the night before :D :D

We will have to keep an eye on FC, else she may start the going under a limbo stick in a Salsa club :o :D

Ciao,
Sherwin