PDA

View Full Version : WLTM Mature Lady for Fun Weekend in Blackpool!

John S
8th-January-2004, 03:18 PM
Is there a lady out there who is:
(a) is going to Blackpool for the C2D Championship?
(b) is willing to admit to being over 50?
(c) wants to risk entering the Seniors event with me?

I suppose the form in adverts like this is to describe myself. OK, here goes:
M, 56, NS, GSOH, 5'6", meium build, own teeth/hair/eyes, intermediate class dancer (4th in 2003 Seniors).

If so, drop me a PM or go public on the forum. Photos appreciated (in fact, treasured and stuck up on the wall!) but not necessary. All responses will be answered.

I know I'm supposed to say "No time wasters" but I don't really care - have some fun with this thread if you want to, as long as it doesn't get taken upstairs.

:kiss:

Daisy Chain
8th-January-2004, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by John S
[B]Is there a lady out there who is:
(a) is going to Blackpool for the C2D Championship?
(b) is willing to admit to being over 50?
(c) wants to risk entering the Seniors event with me?

I suppose the form in adverts like this is to describe myself. OK, here goes:
M, 56, NS, GSOH, 5'6", meium build, own teeth/hair/eyes, intermediate class dancer (4th in 2003 Seniors).

Hello John

By mature, do you mean "old" or a grown-up? Sadly, I'm neither. I'm:

F <<50 but probably look 50+ without make-up, (What's NS?), NSOH, 5'2", eyes of blue but oh what those 5 feet can do, own teeth/beautiful hair/5 feet/shortsighted as a bat so all men look good to me, never entered a competition in my life, oh...........and I'm not going to be in Blackpool :tears:

Good luck in your quest. In IMHO, older men make lovely dance partners

Daisy Chain

John S
9th-January-2004, 12:43 AM
Thanks, DC - I guess the position's still open then!!!

John S
16th-January-2004, 02:35 PM
OK, so I don't care if I sound desperate!

If there's a lady out there who is willing to give it a try, I would STILL like to enter the seniors competition (despite having watched Hazel and John practicing at Perth last night - they were superb!!).

Minnie M
16th-January-2004, 03:33 PM
I would have offered John - if fact it worked for Dale & Heather,so you never know

Can I book a dance anyway please:blush:

Wendy
17th-January-2004, 12:03 AM
Oh John John.. if only I was a little older...:tears: :tears: :tears: .. but I know you'll wait for a few years so I can be the one !!!!! (Of course by that time Bill Foreman might have snapped me up.... Hey - a girl can dream can't she !!!!!!!!)

:kiss: :hug: :kiss:

Wxxx

Wendy
17th-January-2004, 12:06 AM
In fact.. talking of dreams.. I dreamt about DavidB last night....wonder what that means.... oops gone off-topic....

Wxxx

ChrisA
17th-January-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Wendy
I dreamt about DavidB last night....wonder what that means....
I think we need a bit more detail before we can start interpreting it for you :devil:

Chris

Wendy
17th-January-2004, 01:14 AM
I don't want to go off-topic again, so think I'll start a new thread....

Wxxx

John S
17th-January-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M
I would have offered John - if fact it worked for Dale & Heather,so you never know

Can I book a dance anyway please:blush:

Thanks, Minnie - of course you can book a dance - I'll look out for a mouse with a spotted dress.

Good luck anyway in the seniors - unless of course I get a partner, in which case - break a leg!
:cheers:

John S
17th-January-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
Oh John John.. if only I was a little older...:tears: :tears: :tears: .. but I know you'll wait for a few years so I can be the one !!!!!

Do tell - how many years?????????? Surely by that time I'll be in the super-veteran class?

Originally posted by Wendy (Of course by that time Bill Foreman might have snapped me up.... Hey - a girl can dream can't she !!!!!!!!)

:kiss: :hug: :kiss:

Wxxx
Oh Wendy - to think you would pass me up for a younger man - well, understandable, really.:sad:

At least with John & Hazel dominating the scene at the moment, and then you and young Foreman coming up in "a few years", the title might stay in Scotland.

Wendy
17th-January-2004, 01:37 PM
Older than Fran...... which means I'd get to 50 first !!!! :D

Wxxx

Minnie M
17th-January-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by John S
[B]Thanks, Minnie - of course you can book a dance - I'll look out for a mouse with a spotted dress.
[B]

Not sure my spotted dress still fits me :blush: which means I am not sure which bow to wear in my hair (dead give-away)

Seriously though, I am sure we will all meet up somewhere over the weekend and I look forward to the dance :hug:

Good luck in your 'senior dancing lady' hunt