PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering if anyone can help

Rachel
20th-August-2002, 10:49 AM
I hope you'll forgive a posting from an 'outsider', but I'm due to be working in Glasgow for a couple of weeks - one week from 9th Sept and one week from 30th Sept - and I'd love to come Ceroc dancing while there.

I actually came to Glasgow Ceroc in Dec 2000, and had an absolutely brilliant time. I should think the friendliest place I've ever been to - especially as I was so nervous being on my own and not knowing anyone ...!

Are the Monday/Wednesday classes still being held at the same places as a couple of years ago? - the address looks unfamiliar ... Is anyone able to give me some quick and easy directions to find the classes? I'll be staying in Partick. I seem to remember wandering around for AGES last time, enlisting the help of several locals, in order to find the Monday class.

Many thanks if you can help,
Rachel

Franck
20th-August-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
I hope you'll forgive a posting from an 'outsider', but I'm due to be working in Glasgow for a couple of weeks - one week from 9th Sept and one week from 30th Sept - and I'd love to come Ceroc dancing while there.

I actually came to Glasgow Ceroc in Dec 2000, and had an absolutely brilliant time. I should think the friendliest place I've ever been to - especially as I was so nervous being on my own and not knowing anyone ...!

Are the Monday/Wednesday classes still being held at the same places as a couple of years ago? - the address looks unfamiliar ... Is anyone able to give me some quick and easy directions to find the classes?Hi Rachel,

Great news, and welcome back to Scotland. The Monday venue has moved to a different hall, in Maryhill Road. You can access maps of all Scottish venues by visiting the main cerocscotland.com page and click on the Classes in Scotland Link (http://www.cerocscotland.com/classes.htm). From there select the venue you are interested in and click on the map link. Both venues are reasonably easy to find, but if you need further help you can phone me on the Ceroc Scotland line: 01324-613 209 nearer the time to get full directions.
If you are still about on Saturday the 14th September, we have our montly party in the Partick Burgh Halls, which should be round the corner from where you will be staying...

Thanks for the kind words, and you are right, we are a friendly lot up in Scotland and always give visitors the full VIP treatment! :nice:

Franck.

Rachel
20th-August-2002, 11:09 AM
If you are still about on Saturday the 14th September, we have our montly party in the Partick Burgh Halls, which should be round the corner from where you will be staying...Franck.

(Just practising this quote thingy - wonder if this will work??)

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, and I will certainly check out those links. Unfortunately, I won't be around on the Saturday, which is such a shame as I think the Burgh Halls are virtually next door to where I'm staying. I'm also kicking myself for not being able to make it up for the Scottish Championships - I would love to have come to watch that (though not compete - my dancing is seriously only for fun).

Rachel