PDA

View Full Version : Jive Bar

Divissima
7th-January-2004, 05:40 PM
Anyone else going to the (original and best) Old Jive Bar tonight? Billco is teaching, some dodgy woman is demo-ing, and it should be a great night :grin:

TheTramp
7th-January-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
Anyone else going to the (original and best) Old Jive Bar tonight? Billco is teaching, some dodgy woman is demo-ing, and it should be a great night :grin: Would that be you then Miss Divi?? :wink:

Steve

Divissima
7th-January-2004, 06:05 PM
That's Ms Dodgivissima to you :devil:

TheTramp
7th-January-2004, 06:07 PM
That's Ms Dodgivissima to you :devil: Come again?!? :what:

Steve

foxylady
7th-January-2004, 07:22 PM
Anyone else going to the (original and best) Old Jive Bar tonight? Billco is teaching, some dodgy woman is demo-ing, and it should be a great night :grin:

Without a doubt

Divissima
8th-January-2004, 10:28 AM
The Old Jive Bar was storming last night! :waycool: Billco taught a lovely couple of classes and the place was packed. It seemed like all the old crowd were there - including at least two other Forum regulars, the lovely Foxylady (great finally to meet you in the flesh, Tessa) and fresh-faced Doc Iain.

The floor was in great condition - faster than I remember it, and I had some fantastic dances. Alex played a great DJ set too. I can sense a dilemma coming on.... :what: :wink:

foxylady
8th-January-2004, 01:36 PM
The Old Jive Bar was storming last night! :waycool: Billco taught a lovely couple of classes and the place was packed. It seemed like all the old crowd were there - including at least two other Forum regulars, the lovely Foxylady (great finally to meet you in the flesh, Tessa) and fresh-faced Doc Iain.

The floor was in great condition - faster than I remember it, and I had some fantastic dances. Alex played a great DJ set too. I can sense a dilemma coming on.... :what: :wink:

Flesh being the operative word.... :wink: :wink:

And you forgot to mention Billco's gorgeous demonstrator.....

A fab night !!

DaveD
8th-January-2004, 08:09 PM
Where is the old Jive Bar :confused: - I'm in London on business next week and after these rave reviews would like to try it out!

Dave

Divissima
8th-January-2004, 09:38 PM
Hi Dave!

The Old Jive Bar is on Tavistock Place and is very central - nearest tube station is Russell Square, but Euston and Kings Cross are very close too!

I may not be there next week, but I'd definitely recommend it

:waycool:

DaveD
9th-January-2004, 07:35 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the info - its only a few blocks from my hotel, so hope to be there!

Dave :cheers:

DaveD
15th-January-2004, 07:49 PM
Had a great time at the Jive Bar - great intermediate moves - can't wait to try them in Dundee :wink:

Thanks for the dances, particularly to (I think) Debster (who was demoing) also the the girl who was at the new jive bar in December.

Wonder when I'll wangle another trip down....

Dave

Divissima
16th-January-2004, 12:58 PM
I had to work :tears:
Hope to get a dance with you next time you are down, Dave.

DaveD
16th-January-2004, 08:33 PM
Hi Divissima,

May be down in Feb - will post if the trip comes off - looking forward to a dance or three :nice:

Dave

Debster
19th-January-2004, 01:05 PM
Hi Dave!

Yes, 'twas me. Thanks for the dance and glad you introduced yourself (apologies if I was a bit vague at the time!) Also very glad you liked the moves we did in the class. Hope we do see you again in Feb. Do come and have another dance with me please :)

The old JB is back with a vengance. So great to have so many lovely people back in a place we enjoy (apart from the dodgy loos). Go Billco! :D

Divissima
4th-February-2004, 05:15 PM
Who else will be at the Old Jive Bar (original and best) tonight?
Sgt Billco will be teaching one of his usual smooth classes :yum:

foxylady
4th-February-2004, 08:10 PM
Who else will be at the Old Jive Bar (original and best) tonight?
Sgt Billco will be teaching one of his usual smooth classes :yum:

I'll be there divi, but not sure Billco will be - I think he's taken to the skies...

Divissima
5th-February-2004, 11:25 AM
:wink: I had inside info, Foxy! Lovely to see you last night.
It was a great night all round - great moves in the class, great music from Annette, lovely floor.

Doc Iain was not there :tears: Fingers crossed for next time, Doc :grin: But lots of lovely dances - and a fantastic surprise down the pub later :grin: :grin: :grin::flower:

Mary
5th-February-2004, 11:54 AM

Doc Iain was not there :tears: Fingers crossed for next time, Doc :grin: But lots of lovely dances - and a fantastic surprise down the pub later :grin: :grin: :grin::flower:

Spill the beans then. :what:

M

Debster
5th-February-2004, 12:04 PM
:wink: - and a fantastic surprise down the pub later :grin: :grin: :grin::flower:

Thanks Div ;) :kiss:

Divissima
5th-February-2004, 12:12 PM
Beans not mine to spill...

:whistle: :whistle:

foxylady
5th-February-2004, 12:14 PM
:wink: I had inside info, Foxy! Lovely to see you last night.
It was a great night all round - great moves in the class, great music from Annette, lovely floor.

:yeah: Great night. Nice to have Billco back. A grrreat dance with Toby... I'll have to storm Twyford one of these days.

And a nice surprise... but outside the pub :grin:

FL

Debster
5th-February-2004, 12:25 PM
the beans can wait till tomorrow... :waycool:

Mary
5th-February-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Debster
the beans can wait till tomorrow... :waycool:

This is torture!!!:tears: You lot are sadists.

M

Bill
6th-February-2004, 01:31 AM
Been to the JB a few times ....didn't Viktor teach there as well a few years ago ??

It was one of the first London venues I danced at and remember feeling really nervous before heading in but had a good night.

Must get back down then if Bill is teaching there....... London tour as my easter holiday perhaps ????

ChrisA
6th-February-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Bill
Been to the JB a few times ....didn't Viktor teach there as well a few years ago ??
He did, indeed. He'd been teaching with Lydia at the Central Club round the corner from Tottenham Court Road for a while, and moved to the JB when Ceroc moved out of the Central Club.

I was taxiing at the Central Club at the time, and witnessed Lydia's first ever Ceroc class, IIRC. She was pretty nervous, but did it beautifully.

Chris

PS If anyone knows exactly when the Central Club venue moved to the Jive Bar, I'd be interested to hear - I'm trying to piece together my early Ceroc history but I've forgotten the most of the early details.

Bill
6th-February-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by ChrisA
He did, indeed. He'd been teaching with Lydia at the Central Club round the corner from Tottenham Court Road for a while, and moved to the JB when Ceroc moved out of the Central Club.

[

And I still find him such a nice guy and very genuine and still one of my real Ceroc heros :blush: :D Think I need a Viktor 'top -up' :rolleyes:

ChrisA
6th-February-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Bill
And I still find him such a nice guy and very genuine and still one of my real Ceroc heros :blush: :D Think I need a Viktor 'top -up' :rolleyes:
Well it's maybe a bit of a distance from Aberdeen, but the last Bisley Tuesday is next week :D :D :D

Chris

Bill
6th-February-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by ChrisA
Well it's maybe a bit of a distance from Aberdeen, but the last Bisley Tuesday is next week :D :D :D

Chris

Damn..........next Tuesday night is already booked :na:

But..... Billco did offer me his ( and Bex's) kind hospitlaity if I wanted to venture south so maybe Fran and I can meet up with a few of you at easter.

Are you listening Bill :D :na:

Divissima
6th-February-2004, 09:40 AM
Ooooh, Bill - yes, please come down south and dance with us! :flower:

Bill
6th-February-2004, 12:30 PM
Ooooh, Bill - yes, please come down south and dance with us! :flower:

See you in April then.......... if not at the Blackpool comp. :D :cheers:

BillCo
6th-February-2004, 05:21 PM
Hi Bill , would be great to see you both and the offer is still there!
Just let us know when ?

Bill. :cheers:

Bill
9th-February-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by BillCo
Hi Bill , would be great to see you both and the offer is still there!
Just let us know when ?

Bill. :cheers:

Brilliant....I'll have a word with Fran and see you in April........ if Billco and bex can'r come to Scotland then Scotland ( or 2 of the dancers :grin: ) will come to them :na:

Maybe you'll give us a few tips in case we decide to 'do' London in May ) whether hammersmith or not :sick: ).

All the best and look forward to seeing you both. :flower:

Divissima
21st-October-2004, 12:37 AM
Dredging up a very old thread here.

Just wanted to say what a great night I had at the New new Jive Bar (in its location just around the corner from the Old Jive Bar). There is so much more room to dance in. Bill taught a great class as always - expertly demonstrated by the very tanned Lily!

Lots of forum faces there - and a real delight to have the company of Mr and Mrs Smurf for the evening :grin: I can see Wednesdays are going to be bad for my studying :rolleyes:

Sheepman
21st-October-2004, 11:47 AM
by the very tanned Lily! I thought it was very mean of Lily on Tuesday showing so much of her tan off. How were us poor guys expected to concentrate on David's footwork? :blush:

Greg

Rhythm King
21st-October-2004, 03:44 PM
I thought it was very mean of Lily on Tuesday showing so much of her tan off. How were us poor guys expected to concentrate on David's footwork? :blush:

Greg

Ah, that's where I was going wrong! :wink: